Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigations still do not appear to know who was at the helm and what their intentions were when the aircraft disappeared from civilian radar more than a week ago.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...last-message-communications-disabled-malaysia

Authorities have not yet disclosed whether the person who issued the last message to controllers was Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, 53, or co-pilot Fariq Abdul Hamid, 27, or an unknown third person. It is also unclear if such messages are recorded by air traffic control and are available for expert analysis to determine who the voice belongs to.

The photo was two seperate photos..................

It still is my understanding they spent the night together at the home of a friend of one of them. If the initial question was to possibly have them engaging in some type of plot regarding this plane, I doubt they had time, or the interest.

MOO

I will preface my comment here readily admitting that I believe there is no more than a 0.00001% probability of a connection here, but, I just wanted to get this off of my mind so it would stop niggling in my brain!!

One of the cases that I have been most befuddled with is the murder of the al Hilli family in the French Alps a year and a half ago. Said al Hilli was an engineer working for some type of satellite/communications company in London. He was of Iranian descent.

I am really wondering whether the disappearance of MH370 is related to some kind of hacking/remote control of navigational systems (aided by a party on board) by a hostile government our group. Is this a trial run for phase 2? Whether there is any relationship to the other mystery that is bothering me, I still end up with the thought that there had to be something 'of value' to the perpetrators. (I don't think it was a lone, disgruntled person.) What would be of value?

1) The plane for its technological value. Doesn't practically every formal government have access to this kind of plane?

2) The plane for it's ability to be used as a 'weapon'. This would likely be a terrorist or splinter group most likely. In this case they could be testing out a scenario to be carried out on a larger scale at a later date or reserving the plane for use at a later date.

3) person or persons on board with a special 'talent'. We will have to wait on this one.

Pardon the rambling thoughts. I am soooo concerned for the families. I can't imagine what they are going though.

Any other thoughts?

ETA: I really should preview my posts before I post them! I was rushing off to serve dinner and later noticed my faulty editing....two #3's!

I'm convinced that it's misinformation that the transponder was turned off before, rather than after the voice transmission, but setting that aside, it is definitely important to determine who the speaker was - especially if it was neither of the pilots.

I'd like one of our pilot friends to clarify if they can - where exactly is the hatch door for the ACARS system. Some reports I've seen say it's actually in the cockpit covering a hole in the floor that contains the electronics, iother reports say it's accessible from elsewhere in the plane and the pilots may not have been aware it was turned off.

it was confirmed in the press conference though, a few of us saw it live and it was then printed in MSM as I reposted last page

It still is my understanding they spent the night together at the home of a friend of one of them. If the initial question was to possibly have them engaging in some type of plot regarding this plane, I doubt they had time, or the interest.

MOO

Exactly.
I would think that it would take more than a night to plan something this elaborate.

In the press conference I saw live today it was clearly stated BEFORE

ETA see age 28 and 29 last thread, time of presser

yes I agree....it was before they said all right good night....which blew me away as that does not look good re the Captain....

It means that someone turned it off, and unless they were disguising their voice, it had to be the pilots......so they turned it off, were nice and calm, said goodnight, then went into Vietnam airspace, transponder off and turned the plane around...

It has to be the pilot, but yes maybe they had a gun at their heads...

and sorry if you have already seen this....
but there are reports it flew at 5000

they have to be very experienced to do this

yes I agree....it was before they said all right good night....which blew me away as that does not look good re the Captain....

It means that someone turned it off, and unless they were disguising their voice, it had to be the pilots......so they turned it off, were nice and calm, said goodnight, then went into Vietnam airspace, transponder off and turned the plane around...

It has to be the pilot, but yes maybe they had a gun at their heads...

and sorry if you have already seen this....
but there are reports it flew at 5000

they have to be very experienced to do this

:eek:

It appears the only developments today are...

"One of the nations involved in the search, Pakistan, said Sunday that the plane never showed up on its civilian radars and would have been treated as a threat if it had.

The Times of India reported that India's military also said there was no way the plane could have flown over India without being picked up on radar."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/16/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/

Interesting comment by authorities in Pakistan.

MOO

it was confirmed in the press conference though, a few of us saw it live and it was then printed in MSM as I reposted last page

From a report about the press conference:

The plane’s transponder, which sends tracking signals to air traffic controllers, was disabled at 1:21 a.m., about a dozen minutes after ACARS was disabled, making it difficult to monitor the plane’s movements through the usual means.

Malaysia Airlines has previously said that the last voice communication with the plane came around 1:30 a.m. Mr. Hishammuddin was not asked and did not say whether that communication came after the disabling of the transponder as well as of ACARS.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/17/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-flight.html

I will preface my comment here readily admitting that I believe there is no more than a 0.00001% probability of a connection here, but, I just wanted to get this off of my mind so it would stop niggling in my brain!!

One of the cases that I have been most befuddled with is the murder of the al Hilli family in the French Alps a year and a half ago. Said al Hilli was an engineer working for some type of satellite/communications company in London. He was of Iranian descent.

I am really wondering whether the disappearance of MH370 is related to some kind of hacking/remote control of navigational systems (aided by a party on board) by a hostile government our group. Is this a trial run for phase 2? Whether there is any relationship to the other mystery that is bothering me, I still end up with the thought that there had to be something 'of value' to the perpetrators. (I don't think it was a lone, disgruntled person.) What would be of value?

1) The plane for its technological value. Doesn't practically every formal government have access to this kind of plane?

2) The plane for it's ability to be used as a 'weapon'. This would likely be a terrorist or splinter group most likely. In this case they could be testing out a scenario to be carried out on a larger scale at a later date or reserving the plane for use at a later date.

3) person or persons on board with a special 'talent'. We will have to wait on this one.

Pardon the rambling thoughts. I am soooo concerned for the families. I can't imagine what they are going though.

3) testing out a scenario that could be used on a larger scale (i.e phase 2)

Any other thoughts?

It just make me wonder, again, what was really in the cargo area of this plane.

Nope, see article here http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...lane-iranian-fake-passport-was-my-high-school

There is a photo of the two of them, with two other people (blurred out) believed to be the friends they stayed with the day before the flight.
An anonymous Iranian told the Persian service on Monday in a phone interview from Malaysia that he met a friend he knew from high school, believed to be Mr Mehrdad, when the latter arrived in the South-east Asian country. "I met him the first day he arrived in Malaysia... he said he was staying for three to four days but was eventually going to Germany, that his final destination was Frankfurt in Germany. He stayed for almost a week in Malaysia." he said

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...lane-iranian-fake-passport-was-my-high-school

Why did they stay a week? When did they get those "cheap tickets"?

If its a hijack scenario, then the passengers HAVE to have had some value to the hijackers, because if it were just for the aircraft, well, as Snoopster said above, almost anyone in the world can get hold of a 777 - and any other large aircraft for that matter - and it would be a hell of a lot easier to hijack a cargo plane or any other non-pax airliner (or indeed just steal one) than conduct an elaborate plan like this to hijack one just for the sake of an aircraft.

The plane’s transponder, which sends tracking signals to air traffic controllers, was disabled at 1:21 a.m., about a dozen minutes after ACARS was disabled, making it difficult to monitor the plane’s movements through the usual means.

Malaysia Airlines has previously said that the last voice communication with the plane came around 1:30 a.m. Mr. Hishammuddin was not asked and did not say whether that communication came after the disabling of the transponder as well as of ACARS.

That same article says the "alright goodnight" WAS before. I wonder if the 1:30 comm was the one with the other plane mentioned in early stories (at request of Vietnamese ATC)?

Meanwhile, authorities said Sunday that the final words from the pilots came after the Boeing 777's data recorder and transponder had been disabled on March 8, adding to suspicions one or both of the pilots were involved in the plane's disappearance.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/03/16/pilots-become-focus-malaysia-airlines-investigation/

It follows the revelation that the final ‘all right, good night’ message from the cockpit was given after one of the aircraft’s communication systems was disabled.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/16/was-m...ground-when-the-last-signal-was-sent-4613743/

PETALING JAYA: The revelation that Malaysia Airlines flight MH370’s Aircraft Communications and Reporting System was switched off before its last radio message was sent has brought the focus of investigations back to the pilots.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nati...ACARS-switched-off-before-last-radio-message/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member