Possible Matches - Post Possible Matches Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you R Knowley! I am very new at this so am interested in how to investigate...I also thought Martha Dunn may match...do you have any info on her?

One more question R Knowley...I noticed that you referred to Blanca's sister and Misty Mock's sister - have you spoken with them or is this info you received from law enforcement?

I'm very curious re: everything about investigation of Princess Blue....

Would it be appropriate to contact Sgt Coffman to ask how/why Blanca was ruled out? Just wondering as she disappeared in august '89 and Princess was found in sept '90 - enough time to have gotten the ring(s) perhaps????

rpm77
user_offline.gif

Princess Blue
I never heard of Princess Blue but I just looked her up- this was not Elisa. She is thought to be part African American and white either one parent or grandparent of the victim. ELisa was niether part African or caucasion her last name Roberson was my dad's name, he adopted her when she was a baby. The victim had six rings none of which belonged to Elisa.

OC Lady,

The post above came from Blanca's sister. Her sister posted here on Websleuths back in January of 2008. I don't think it would hurt for you to contact Sgt. Jay Coffman to see what information he has that made him rule Blanca out. I believe his email address is jcoffman@manvelpd.org

Thank you R Knowley...I'll follow up with Sgt Coffman...

Shoot, I had a big reply typed up and I lost it. I know that Martha Dunn went missing September 5, 1990 and Princess Blue was found September 10, 1990. Princess Blue was only "skeletal remains" when found and IMO, Martha would not have been only skeletal remains being she only went missing 5 days prior to the date Princess Blue was located.

If you have any other ideas on what we may be able to try in order to get Princess Blue identified, that would be great!

Thank you R Knowley! I am very new at this so am interested in how to investigate...I also thought Martha Dunn may match...do you have any info on her?

Oh - I overlooked that date - sorry - wonder if they are sure of the date???

I'll keep working on this...I used to live in Houston, so any Texas stuff is of interest to me...

I am so amazed and impressed at how you all work at this!

I have asked Ms. Barber at Texas DPS if she has a list of "rule outs" that she could send us as well.

Do you think this young lady has potential? I know it states that she has been missing since 1991, and Princess was found in 1990, but we know that dates are often "off", especially when someone has a transient lifestyle, as could have been the case with Lurline. The face just looks similar to me...

Sorry I can't do a side by side...

Opinions?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1163dffl.html

The Doe Network:
Case File 1163DFFL

Bergeron, circa 1991

Lurline M Bergeron
Missing since July 1, 1991 from West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, Florida.
Classification: Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 9, 1976
Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 150 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; green eyes.
Marks, Scars: She has scars on both her legs; both her arms and on her abdomen.
Other: She is know to abuse drugs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Bergeron was last seen on July 1, 1991 in West Palm Beach, FL.

Lion,
If their DNA is already in CODIS it would have already been compared against Princess Blue's wouldn't it? So, if we do find out that any of the possibles already have their DNA is CODIS, wouldn't that rule them out already?

Hi RK - sorry I haven't been around for so long.

Something I have learned recently when working on the BK case is that if the missing person has DNA in CODIS, but the DNA comes from the family, such as the MDNA that comes from the mother, then LE has to specifically request that the MDNA and the UID's DNA be compared. This is some kind of legal glitch. Apparently, the way I understand it, LE has to contact the family and ask them if they will agree to have the DNA compared.

I have only heard this from one LE who is trying to compare a possible match for BK. But it is something to keep in mind regarding the DNA. My understanding is that it is NOT automatic.

Salem

ETA: Maybe this is only in CA. I saw your response from TX and it seems they check automatically? Maybe if someone gets a chance they can ask TX specifically about MtDNA?

OC Lady - I think Lurline has potential. She looks very similar to Princess. The timing is off, but maybe that is why she hasn't been found yet? I wonder who saw her on July 1, 1991 and if they are really credible.

Salem

Im sorry OC Lady - for not repsonding - i thought I did - hmmm anyway would you like me to do the side by side for you ?

Do you think this young lady has potential? I know it states that she has been missing since 1991, and Princess was found in 1990, but we know that dates are often "off", especially when someone has a transient lifestyle, as could have been the case with Lurline. The face just looks similar to me...

Sorry I can't do a side by side...

Opinions?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1163dffl.html

The Doe Network:
Case File 1163DFFL

Bergeron, circa 1991

Lurline M Bergeron
Missing since July 1, 1991 from West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, Florida.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 9, 1976
Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 150 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; green eyes.
Marks, Scars: She has scars on both her legs; both her arms and on her abdomen.
Other: She is know to abuse drugs.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Bergeron was last seen on July 1, 1991 in West Palm Beach, FL.

I'm not OC Lady, Jane - But I think that would be great. They really look alot alike!

Salem

I think it looks like a strong possibility also. The face shape is different and the way the ears line up is also different, but it is a sketch, so who knows if they actually measured the placement of the ears? The mouth, eyes and eyebrows, forehead all look good and the general appearance is very similar.

I think it is worth calling to see if the last sighting of Lurline has been verified and is credible.

Salem

Hi Everyone -

I have been distracted of late - work and other stuff - but will follow up on this next week...I'll try to find out if the sighting of Lurline in 1991 is credible and see if it's worth pursuing...I've corresponded with Teresa Becker in TX and she is very responsive re: DNA matches, etc.

I'm also wondering if there is any DNA or dentals for Lurline, as I don't believe they are mentioned anywhere...I'll have to double check the Doe listing...

And thanks for doing the side by side Jane :p
:)

Seriously I don't think it looks like Princess Blue.

The face shape is totally off Lurlines is Oval and PB's is round
Noses are different and the eye shape different

Sorry but I dont think they are a match

Sorry Jane - your side by side is GREATLY appreciated - especially by me, technologically challenged as I am...

See, I told you I was very distracted - I usually have better manners ;-)

I agree that there are some differences, but with Princess's sketch being totally done from a skeleton and human error being what it is, still worth checking, I think.

We shall see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member