Suffolk homicide chief: New look at Gilgo - Newsday article 3/9/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOR WHATEVER IT IS WORTH: LINDA ALVAREZ, from E.13th St., Manhattan. Will have to dig up the case to find why he thought she MIGHT be connected. She would be about 40ish, so says my source.

Hawkshaw, thanks for sharing.
But I have problems finding her.
In the databases I have looked up there are no Linda Alvarez on E 13th St in Manhattan, neith can I, so far, find any missing person of that name.

So could you please add the number she is suppose to live at on E 13th st? her age?, her middlename? a relatives name? or ANY other info that make it easier to find her. There are over 100 Linda Alvarez in NY.
And WHEN is she supposed to have gone missing and from where, and what was the circumstances?

Thanks in advance:)

FOR WHATEVER IT IS WORTH: LINDA ALVAREZ, from E.13th St., Manhattan. Will have to dig up the case to find why he thought she MIGHT be connected. She would be about 40ish, so says my source.

Yes please dig up the case and provide the correct spelling of her legal name. There seem to be no records for the name the way you have it listed.

I don't know if she was actually listed as a missing person. What I know is an LE was looking for her and she disappeared from the face of the earth. You figure a working gal and druggie has to show up sooner of later.

I don't know if she was actually listed as a missing person. What I know is an LE was looking for her and she disappeared from the face of the earth. You figure a working gal and druggie has to show up sooner of later.

Did she go by any other names? I've also tried looking for her (not just as 'missing' but in general) and can't find anything. Do you know the names of any associates she had?

I spent the last two hours looking at every NY missing person listing I could find. I read most of their stories. I have to say there are at least three missing woman from NY who have a crooked nose or a hump and a similar facial structures to JD 2000 and JD 9098.

There was one that went missing in 1999
http://newyorkstatemissingpersons.ning.com/photo/samiya-haqiqi-new-york-city?context=latest
...boyfriend may be POI but one has to consider that certain parts of the OP are better than others for dumping bodies...more secluded by two way traffic and not near the houses/communities or streetlights.

There was one old case where a boyfriend was thought to have dismembered his girlfriend, hopped on a plane in NJ and flown over the Atlantic where they suspect he dumped a duffel bag with her remains. Made me wonder if any of those body parts have been retrieved over the last 18 months or more.

I spent the last two hours looking at every NY missing person listing I could find. I read most of their stories. I have to say there are at least three missing woman from NY who have a crooked nose or a hump and a similar facial structures to JD 2000 and JD 9098.

http://newyorkstatemissingpersons.ning.com/photo/samiya-haqiqi-new-york-city?context=latest
...boyfriend may be POI but one has to consider that certain parts of the OP are better than others for dumping bodies...more secluded by two way traffic and not near the houses/communities or streetlights.

There was one old case where a boyfriend was thought to have dismembered his girlfriend, hopped on a plane in NJ and flown over the Atlantic where they suspect he dumped a duffel bag with her remains. Made me wonder if any of those body parts have been retrieved over the last 18 months or more.
Oh now that's clever. The Argentinians used to do that back during the days of the military junta; they would take political prisoners in a plane and throw them out in midair over the River Plate. Rather sicking.

I hear what you are saying and I appreciate the Webmaster's concerns. But I think once a Blog Board gets too much attention the Board starts acting like mainstream media.

I posted a name of a DetSgt in Spota's office. I posted the name of the company for the readers to check out for themselves. I posted the name of the crook that created the company. It is all there in the public domain for anyone to see and for them to draw their own conclusions and ask WTF is going on here.

I said that a very violent was the neighor of JB, and was so for 4 years. That is a matter of record I verified on the Internet and with official records of the SC clerks office.

I put a case on the Board for anyone looking for information on the Pius Case to see for themselves how JB was involved as a witness in the Pius Murder Case. Read what the judge said about the entire case

The point of those stories was to show the readers that the SCPD cannot be trusted to do an fair and impartial investigation. I wouldn't trust them to do any investigation even if they had a videotape of the perp doing the crime.

I referred you to the 1989 SIC report. some of the same players mentioned in that investigation are players to this very day.

You read all of the above DOCUMENTED evidence I referred you to and you judge for yourself.

So wait... you are saying that you provided proof that JB (as in JOSEPH BREWER) was a witness in the murder case of John Pius (one of Long Island's most notable murders that took place in 1979 when some teenagers in Smithtown shoved rocks down their friend John Pius' throat to keep him from telling anyone how they stole a mini bike frame?

JB is from West Islip on the South Shore. What are his childhood ties to the teenagers on the North Shore in Smithtown?

Where is this proof?

So wait... you are saying that you provided proof that JB (as in JOSEPH BREWER) was a witness in the murder case of John Pius (one of Long Island's most notable murders that took place in 1979 when some teenagers in Smithtown shoved rocks down their friend John Pius' throat to keep him from telling anyone how they stole a mini bike frame?

JB is from West Islip on the South Shore. What are his childhood ties to the teenagers on the North Shore in Smithtown?

Where is this proof?

His JB is the police officer. Lets keep JB as JB ok hankshaw, how about JB2 ;)

But what about cases of missing & unsolved in other eastern states? For instance, I did a quick search in MA & found something - a hooker, petite, mixed race black/white, torso with head found partially buried behind a truck stop - guess what burlap hmmm... Still unsolved from early 2000, I think 2004 but I forget. I'll look tomorrow. Anyway, this is what got me thinking...Look at LI on a satellite map. Look at the northern part. There is a ferry. The killer could be traveling back & forth between states. Seems these bodies are littered everywhere along main roads but in desolate areas, NJ, NY, RI, MA, CT, etc. So I started with AC & went up the coast. There's ALOT of bodies all along the coastal areas being strewn about - mostly hookers. I'll research more tomorrow if I get time & provide links but there's so many that it'll be time consuming. It's my belief that the LISK doesn't work alone and that his/their dumping ground isn't just LI. I believe it's coastal, right now north eastern. Maybe it's a game, a competition between 2 or more serial killers. & guess what - every state says the same damn thing as NY, there's not a problem, yada yada, until it gets out of hand with bodies being found...or a foot...or hands...etc. Sick.

Then again, the mafia pairing up with the Russian mob is scary, and their branches stem out between Boston all the way to AC.

So serial killer or mob.

Question... If organized crime is the culprit, would they technically still be classified as serial? I don't hear LI or AC mention mob much, if ever, and that makes me wonder why.

Then again, the mafia pairing up with the Russian mob is scary, and their branches stem out between Boston all the way to AC.

So serial killer or mob.

Question... If organized crime is the culprit, would they technically still be classified as serial?
From the 2005 FBI Symposium on Serial Murder:

Serial Murder: The unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.

• Criminal Enterprise is a motivation in which the offender benefits in status or monetary compensation by committing murder that is drug, gang, or organized crime related.
http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

This story might be worth following:

FBI arrest 20 people in $3M heroin bust on Long Island
By KIERAN CROWLEY and MITCHEL MADDUX
Last Updated: 1:11 PM, March 13, 2012
Posted: 9:38 AM, March 13, 2012

The FBI staged raids on homes across Long Island this morning in a major operation aimed at taking down a heroin trafficking ring, and among those charged are a former Suffolk County police officer and the spouse of a NYPD cop, officials said.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/fbi_arrests_dozens_in_heroin_bust_J49DikUUBaZ8p0JgNgqlUM

This story might be worth following:

FBI arrest 20 people in $3M heroin bust on Long Island
By KIERAN CROWLEY and MITCHEL MADDUX
Last Updated: 1:11 PM, March 13, 2012
Posted: 9:38 AM, March 13, 2012

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/fbi_arrests_dozens_in_heroin_bust_J49DikUUBaZ8p0JgNgqlUM

If they can get the "Mom Madame's" book or enough of her women to start talking then you can be assured that the cookie will start to crumble.

These cases are very likely linked to some type of organized crime, IMO yet the killer/killer's comes/come with their own set of psychopathology.

Even if it is just a matter of the guys/drivers/pimps/enforcers being recruited to then recruit/lure girls and women into the profession, there could be a sadist/predator within or on the perimeter of the larger ranks.

Akeem Cruz, MW's BF/Pimp could probably be a wealth of information as well.

...more info on the heroin bust. A News Conference is scheduled for later today.
http://online.wsj.com/article/AP9489fc83ba1f4c67812588b02b7469e3.html

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ml+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

So far, only one name is mentioned: ringleader, Jose Perez, 26

More names in this report re: Heroin Bust
http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/major-heroin-bust-in-tristate-20120313-APX

"Among the defendants charged in this case are Roland Stern, a retired Suffolk County Marine Bureau Police Officer, and his daughter Corey Stern; Tina and Matthew Catrini, a married couple; Kathryn Pappas, a college student; and Dana Sollecito, who allegedly sold heroin from the parking lot of the “Corner Gallery,” her family’s restaurant in Massapequa."

Read more: http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/major-heroin-bust-in-tristate-20120313-APX#ixzz1p6EWoB7X

every week I watch Criminal Minds - a great and entertaining show. But in all my years in the NYPD have I ever recalled a case their BAU solved. NEVER!

The greatest con job ever put on the American People since Eve and Satan got Adam to bite on a Red Delicious.

See the latest story in today's papers how the FBI cracked a relatively small heroin ring? Good work, but what is the DEA for? Must have been doing narco when those 19 <mod snip> flew OUR planes into OUR buildings. Must have been doing a buy and bust for 25 years when Bernie was robbing 65B.

If they can get the "Mom Madame's" book or enough of her women to start talking then you can be assured that the cookie will start to crumble.

These cases are very likely linked to some type of organized crime, IMO yet the killer/killer's comes/come with their own set of psychopathology.

Even if it is just a matter of the guys/drivers/pimps/enforcers being recruited to then recruit/lure girls and women into the profession, there could be a sadist/predator within or on the perimeter of the larger ranks.

Akeem Cruz, MW's BF/Pimp could probably be a wealth of information as well.

...more info on the heroin bust. A News Conference is scheduled for later today.
http://online.wsj.com/article/AP9489fc83ba1f4c67812588b02b7469e3.html

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ml+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

So far, only one name is mentioned: ringleader, Jose Perez, 26

I THINK we should get our definitions straight about what WE want to call a serial killer. I think we won't have a problem agreeing that a serial killer is more like a person that kills many and does it for the pleasure of doing so.

a lot of people kill a lot of other people and it doesn't make for a serial killer as most of us understand it.

It has pretty much always been my belief that the four gals found in the burlap bags are the victims of a sex ring. the gals get bothersome - they die. Recruiting or forcing woman into bondage is as easy as going to Craigslist or Backpage and making a date. The gals have to call back otherwise they can't operate. so many gals out there you can afford to kill the problem children.

If the FBI should be doing anything IT should be looking into the white slave market and leave the drug cases for the DEA and police.

With all these recent "BIG" busts, it seems like they are just shaking a bunch of trees in an effort to crack something bigger. Either that or they are trying to put a better face on what appears to be corrupt and apathetic LE.

Recent cases:
Filipino Nurses Case
Strip Club/Mob case
Mob "Burial Ground"
"Mom Madame"
"Heroin Bust"

The murders that get solved in LE appear to be cases that have some domestic or known acquaintance factor. They get a lot of press yet they are the easy cases to solve. The only reason this LISk case even got any press is because they can't hide the fact that 10 bodies have turned up on a scenic resort parkway and they are now loosely connected to the Manorville dump sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361