Press handling: Yale, Police and News

masscph

Reaction score
I dont know if its alright, but i start a new subject, because i have 2 things regarding the presshandling - one of them i will start with here is the "yale-daily-news" thingy yesterday with the Tweet.

Im still like 10 pages behind now. But i saw questions about the Tweet i posted yesterday, that has been taken down because of "tweeter's remorse".

I happened to take screendumps of them yesterday when i noticed, as i said, it was really with a blink of the eye, and pure 'luck' that i had the yaledaily opened and copied the name of the tweeter into another window to do the search, because when i reloaded, it was gone.

Attached the 2 images from last night (im not in US, so night early morning for me).

I saw that and went to twitter. Thank you for posting that yesterday! I never would have seen it w/o you!

The other thing i have on mind is something ive thought about all day - its this with the press-handling especially by the police/authorities.

Now i didnt see the press-conference today, but got an idea it was abit more informative that it has been up to now.

What ive also learned is that being a total newbie on US media-sites, i kinda got the smell of which media-sites that are trigger-happy and which are abit more conservative. Thats like that allover the world, you got tabloids and more respected media.

What have struck me as odd, is that the previously pressconferences has been very less-informative, "cannot confirm nor deny that" on issues that by should be out ? and some of it still goes on.

If lets say the POI really is only a POI and not a suspect, then the authorities would have had a possible lynching going on in progress yesterday when everything were rolling, becuase in effect he more or less got convicted last night by media/us/opinion.

But they havent really made an effort of protecting this POI in their statements, which would have forced them to open up on some issues.

What i also fails to understand, is how a person that from our point of view - the POI - a person that smells like the right person, cannot be abbrehended and held for a period of time, ex. until the DNA results have returned ?

Here in Denmark we can be held for 24 hours before going before a judgde who will evaluate the case, and then depending on the evidence or suspicion presented you can be put away for x number of weeks while investigation goes on.

For the sake of evidence, disrupting the case, for the sake of security towards people in case he flees - or really, for the sake for himself to prevent him getting lynched, killed by people who want revenge in this very emotional case of unjust ?

That i fail to understand. It could be the US law is very different here, and thats the reason. But in my eyes it either sound like bad policing or that they only have an incredible weak pointer towards this person, and their only hope really is a DNA match.

I still think yesterday in hinsight, was abit scary to be honest, especially when i learned today that he was released, and the immediate thought (even though all my logic says something else) - was that the thought of him being innocent, that would really be bad bad bad news as he is guilty in the public eye (and my eyes) more or less already.

"A Yale graduate student found stuffed in the wall of a research center had been suffocated, the medical examiner reported Wednesday as police awaited DNA tests on evidence taken from a lab technician who worked in the building."

http://tinyurl.com/mmwsgn

suffocated - just a way to make this more egregious for the media

The other thing i have on mind is something ive thought about all day - its this with the press-handling especially by the police/authorities.

Here in Denmark...."

Ok, that's where I take issue with you. You are in Denmark so you are in a country that is quite liberal (=awesome). Just drop on your knees every morning and be grateful you are in DM. MPOO

Hi guys. Don't post screen shots, just link to the info.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back