17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO it doesn't matter if he thinks he can do it or not.

I think it matters much more if it will be admissible in court.

From the guidelines, it looks like it would not be.

That's what I'm understanding from Beth Karas' statements on HLN.

Court? What about public they released these results to? Zimmerman is being tried by the press.

IMO it doesn't matter if he thinks he can do it or not.

I think it matters much more if it will be admissible in court.

From the guidelines, it looks like it would not be.

That's what I'm understanding from Beth Karas' statements on HLN.

According to the Sentinel article I just linked, Owen testified using the same voice analysis in another case (Sheila Davalloo) where the audio wasn't as good as in this case.

That is a reference to Sanford police Detective Chris Serino. The woman, who was not a witness, but is the mother of a 13-year old boy who was a witness, says that when Serino was at her house to interview her son, he indicated that it was not self defense and that it may have been a case of racial profiling.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LE have photos to refresh their memory. If they told him the wrong place it was deliberate. Why would they lie to a grieving father....what would be the point? Did LE want Mr. Martin to believe TM's body was near the cement walkway? Hearsay is a legal term for court. This was LE telling him, describing to Mr. Martin the position of TM's body and his location. Why would it be considered a rumor when it's coming from an investigating officer who was there? It was either a lie or the truth. Are we to believe they sent someone that was on the other side of town at the time of the shooting to show Mr. Martin where TM's body was found??? I don't think so. If he was given misinformation Mr. Martin would have a right to have someone view those crime scene pictures. jmo

Oh my, if that was me and I found out the SPD lied to me about where my son died to help GZ's story, they would be sued and pay until they couldn't pay anymore!

FDLE needs to get in there and do an Inspector General's audit of that office and clear it out of the liars and bunglers and replace it with some qualified, honest and experienced officers...

State Attorney Norm Wolfinger 'outraged' by federal review request

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/St...uest/-/1637132/10042672/-/tovmqt/-/index.html

Yes. He says Crump'a letter has outright lies in it. And that the "meeting" never happened.

He wants them to look into it so he can show it was a lie.

Snipped:

State Attorney Norm Wolfinger released a statement on Monday saying he is outraged by the outright lies contained in a letter by the family of Trayvon Martin's attorney asking for a review of his actions with police in Martin's death investigation.

The Martin family's attorney, Ben Crump, said he is asking the U.S. Justice Department to review the investigation for possible interference by Wolfinger's office Sanford police Detective Chris Serino.

Wolfinger released a statement Monday saying he was outraged by the outright lies contained in the letter and he encourages the Justice Department to investigate and document that no such meeting or communication occurred.

* from your link.

According to the Sentinel article I just linked, Owen testified using the same voice analysis in another case (Sheila Davalloo) where the audio wasn't as good as in this case.

Ok. I'm just telling you what Beth Karas said the guidelines are.

IMO the headline is misleading. He's not outraged at the request, he's outraged at what he says are LIES in the request.

He said the meeting that Crump said happened never happened. He wants them to look into it to prove it never happened.

I'd be mad too if someone said I did something I didn't do.

JMO

If there is a lawsuit, it would be filed against the legal entity for the Homeowner's Association. Unless the GF is an officer for the HOA, this would not affect her.

I looked at www.sunbiz.org, but couldn't find that they are actually a registered entity in FL. There are a few other Twin Lakes HOAs, but not one in Sanford.

Since they are not a legal entity, they most likely do not have any liability or D&O (Directors and Officers) insurance. Without D&O, if a lawsuit is awarded, it can be paid out of the individual officers' personal assets (home, etc.).

I believe the legal name is THE RETREAT AT TWIN LAKES HOMEOWNERS' ASSOCIATION, INC.

State Attorney Norm Wolfinger 'outraged' by federal review request

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/St...uest/-/1637132/10042672/-/tovmqt/-/index.html
This article is even better:
Prosecutor denies interfering in Florida shooting case

"Lynne Bumpus-Hooper, a spokesman for Wolfinger, said the state attorney never spoke with Lee on the night of the shooting. Instead Sanford police consulted that night with Kelly Jo Hines, the prosecutor on call, Bumpus-Hooper said. She declined to say what was discussed.

"Police officers can make an arrest at virtually any dadgum point they feel they have enough probable cause to make an arrest," Bumpus-Hooper said. "They do not need our permission and they do not seek our permission.""

Yes. He says Crump'a letter has outright lies in it. And that the "meeting" never happened.

He wants them to look into it so he can show it was a lie.

Snipped:

State Attorney Norm Wolfinger released a statement on Monday saying he is outraged by the outright lies contained in a letter by the family of Trayvon Martin's attorney asking for a review of his actions with police in Martin's death investigation.

The Martin family's attorney, Ben Crump, said he is asking the U.S. Justice Department to review the investigation for possible interference by Wolfinger's office Sanford police Detective Chris Serino.

Wolfinger released a statement Monday saying he was outraged by the outright lies contained in the letter and he encourages the Justice Department to investigate and document that no such meeting or communication occurred.

* from your link.

Of course that's what he says. What else would he say? "Ya got me."

Oh wait... that's what Trayvon supposedly said.

:p

IMO the headline is misleading. He's not outraged at the request, he's outraged at what he says are LIES in the request.

He said the meeting that Crump said happened never happened. He wants them to look into it to prove it never happened.

JMO

I would be outraged if it was me as well.There have been so much spin and lies from the Martin's attorney IMO.This is becoming a circus.This is insane,that lies can be said and careers lost because this is and has been turned into a race issue.IMO

And there's nothing to indicate that wasn't speech versus speech, instead of scream versus speech as in this case.

BBM

I don't understand. If they have enhanced the tape and found nothing then why waste the time and manpower to go out asking witnesses? Nothing found - nothing there - move on.

It said the FBI is now running a parallel investigation to see if TM's civil rights were violated. That tells me they most certainly did find something upon enhancing that tape and are canvassing witnesses and residents to see if there is more.
FBI running a parallel civil rights investigation speak volumes to me - which is what I thought the first time I heard that whispered phrase.

sorry - I didn't save the link - it was that MSNBC article.

Since I dont' have the link handy - I'll add my JMHO.

BBM

They just spoke about it again, yes, the FBI is currently ( as of today? ) doing a parallel investigation for the Justice Dept, to determine if there were civil rights violations.

JMHO

JMO
Well, I sure hope Wolfinger has an alibi about where he was that night then. If he did show up at the station and then also go to the scene (I've heard both) then he was seen by a whole lots 'o other people with no dog in this fight and will say so when asked.

Unless Wolfinger has proof of exactly where he was that night - well then, he can just be as outraged as he wants to be.

The feds and the DOJ will get to the bottom of it - that I am confident of.

JMHO

Of course that's what he says. What else would he say? "Ya got me."

Oh wait... that's what Trayvon supposedly said.

:p

The post above yours tells you what he said happened.

We can't assume thus man lied.

The meeting may have not taken place. As a matter of fact, it's looking like it DIDN'T.

And there's nothing to indicate that wasn't speech versus speech, instead of scream versus speech as in this case.

Also, he is talking about quality of the tape. Well quality of the 911 tape might be good but there are very few words screamed.
Zimmerman's scored at 48 %. Trayvon's voice didn't score at all since he didn't have Trayvon's voice to compare. What would he claim if Trayvon's voice scored as low?

Well, I sure hope Wolfinger has an alibi about where he was that night then. If he did show up at the station and then also go to the scene (I've heard both) then he was seen by a whole lots 'o other people with no dog in this fight and will say so when asked.

Unless Wolfinger has proof of exactly where he was that night - well then, he can just be as outraged as he wants to be.

JMHO

Sounds like he's hoping the same thing.

BBM

They just spoke about it again, yes, the FBI is currently ( as of today? ) doing a parallel investigation for the Justice Dept, to determine if there were civil rights violations.

JMHO

They have to they had been called into the case by the special prosecutor.

JMHO

This is a seminal point. Either Wolfinger or Crump is lying. Here is the original story about the alleged meeting -- reported by The Grio (which is part of MSNBC and should be deemed an acceptable MSM source)

http://www.thegrio.com/specials/tra...mmerman-no-charge-call-in-person.php#46882946

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow