Oral Arguments Tammi Smith Motions 6/18/12

I'm preparing myself for more underserving of justice when TS gets probation instead of jail time.

Just re-reading some of your posts and thinking...if the 703 hearing had determined two separate acts, the judge would have been obliged to give mandatory jail time. Her probation, therefore, was determined purely by law according to the 703 guidelines.

But it stands out to me that he told her to "prepare yourself for probation, jail or prison" - I can't recall when I have heard of a judge actually saying that to a defendant before.

If he is tending toward leniency, part of that determination would likely be so that she would be able to remain with her family and take care of the two little girls, who are just as innocent in this situation as Gabriel was.

But what is she doing to prepare herself? She's amping up her schemes...beginning with her post-verdict facebook announcement that Stones of Grace can now go public. Putting together a closed support group to solicit donations. That doesn't translate to "family time" in my mind.....

Since the investigation to find Gabriel is still officially open, and keeping in mind Tammi's involvement is a significant component and will be included in the upcoming EJ trial, it makes sense that law enforcement and the state would still be interested in Tammi and her activities, up to and even if she goes to prison. In that light, I would think the judge would be more inclined to put her where she can be monitored and do the least amount of damage.

If I was facing the possiblity of being sentenced to a jail or prison on July 6th - I'd be terrified at the possibility of being jailed in Maricopa County, AZ.
This is the County where the Sheriff has the Tent City for some inmates.
http://www.mcso.org/

LOL the first image I got when you said "Tent City" was Good Old Revival Meeting. Let's never forget that she's on a Mission From God.

:floorlaugh:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4YrCFz0Kfc"]We're on a mission from God. - YouTube[/ame]

Is this one of Tammi's churches? (lol)

LOL the first image I got when you said "Tent City" was Good Old Revival Meeting. Let's never forget that she's on a Mission From God.

:floorlaugh:

The reality is more sobering, though:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1tfIKUZ0fY"]Sheriff Joe Arpaio's Chain Gang Tent City - YouTube[/ame]

Has anyone contacted the prosecutor's office to provide the SOG website info? She has been convicted of forgery, custodial interference, and previously wasn't there a fraud charge? Her reputation for bilking people out of money, their children, and all things precious to them certainly proves that she will continue to lie, cheat, steal, manipulate and deceive to do anything to get people to trust her to steal from them. She could never qualify the SOG for a 501-C3 status (non-profit organization) yet she continues to ask for people to send money or leave their contact info to secure monies from them at a later date. Now she is going to hide herself under the guise of an ordained minister? Will she ever stop unless a judge is privy to her antics and does something to stop her? Wonder what her previous church members think of her "ministry" now?

Has anyone contacted the prosecutor's office to provide the SOG website info? She has been convicted of forgery, custodial interference, and previously wasn't there a fraud charge? Her reputation for bilking people out of money, their children, and all things precious to them certainly proves that she will continue to lie, cheat, steal, manipulate and deceive to do anything to get people to trust her to steal from them. She could never qualify the SOG for a 501-C3 status (non-profit organization) yet she continues to ask for people to send money or leave their contact info to secure monies from them at a later date. Now she is going to hide herself under the guise of an ordained minister? Will she ever stop unless a judge is privy to her antics and does something to stop her? Wonder what her previous church members think of her "ministry" now?

Exactly, that's what these discussions have been about, and a link was posted to the Judge's address on this thread. It's up to each individual whether or not they follow that up. I'm looking at it from the perspective that the prosecutors put out there that victims include the court, the state and others yet unknown. Although that didn't technically acknowledge that in the 703, it doesn't make it less true. Her activities now are evidence of that.

As far as her "previous" church, she is still a member of a church, and they have their own ministry to aid young women in distress. It's her "professional" opinion that SOG is doing them one better by anticipating the needs of women who (how you could tell, I don't know) are going down the wrong road...SOG will educate them and prepare them to be good mothers, etc. So essentially, her aim is to do a better job than her church. I guess.

As far as her "previous" church, she is still a member of a church, and they have their own ministry to aid young women in distress. It's her "professional" opinion that SOG is doing them one better by anticipating the needs of women who (how you could tell, I don't know) are going down the wrong road...SOG will educate them and prepare them to be good mothers, etc. So essentially, her aim is to do a better job than her church. I guess.

I sure as HECK would not like to go to church on Sunday and have to see her in my church with her lies and what she is doing right now.
I hope she does start her own church and leave the one she is going to.
Maybe she could start a facebook church with her thousands of friends.:please:

I sure as HECK would not like to go to church on Sunday and have to see her in my church with her lies and what she is doing right now.
I hope she does start her own church and leave the one she is going to.
Maybe she could start a facebook church with her thousands of friends.:please:

Oh no...! God prevent her from starting her "own" church - that's kind of what she is doing right now - preaching the gospel of Tammi. It's "christians" like Tammi who send others fleeing in the opposite direction from God. None of this stuff is HIS fault and he always gets blamed for everything....

:mad:

If I was facing the possiblity of being sentenced to a jail or prison on July 6th - I'd be terrified at the possibility of being jailed in Maricopa County, AZ.
This is the County where the Sheriff has the Tent City for some inmates.
http://www.mcso.org/

Yeah, TS could face the possibility of living outside in a tent, where the ground temperatures easily reach 110 or more during the day. But imo, if its good enough for our fighting troops overseas, then its good enough for Tammi Smith.

It is my opinion neither TS or EJ should spend one day out of jail, until baby Gabriel is found.

It is my opinion neither TS or EJ should spend one day out of jail, until baby Gabriel is found.

I wish that this will soon be the case. I hope that when the judge reads what she has been doing right out of the court room still trying to link her name with Mothers and the children ro help them out, I hope he will be fuming just like us.
You would think that when she got her 2nd daughter she would have been happy. I guess just having a daughter does not make them money,so they have to work a scam. :jail:

I wish that this will soon be the case. I hope that when the judge reads what she has been doing right out of the court room still trying to link her name with Mothers and the children ro help them out, I hope he will be fuming just like us.
You would think that when she got her 2nd daughter she would have been happy. I guess just having a daughter does not make them money,so they have to work a scam. :jail:

I guess (IMO) you get all the information out there to whomever you think will be able to make a difference, then trust the process, let it go. If the judge has concrete proof that she is "busy", it is up to him to utilize it. I am trying to accept that he will make a decision based on what he thinks is for the benefit of the community...it seems like Tammi has been given some chances here to focus on her own family and "mind her business" but it appears to me that instead of doing that, she's promoting her "other" business.

When I was catching up on the aftermath of the Jerry Sandusky verdict, this paragraph caught my eye. I think it is relevant to the upcoming sentencing of Tammi Smith. Read what it says about "pre-sentencing investigation". What do you think this reveals?

When the pre-sentencing investigation is presented to the court, Sandusky will get a score based on numerous criteria, including his convictions, mitigating factors and aggravating factors. Based on that score, the minimum and maximum range for his sentencing will be determined.

I hope the Prosecution team is paying attention to TS and her current activities.

I hope the Prosecution team is paying attention to TS and her current activities.

I hope so! I know that I have sent a letter to the judge about Stones Of Grace. It is not right to collect money for this project and still be involed with Mothers and children now that she has been convicted. The Stones of Grace is not even registered they have not completed the paperwork!'

I get angry thinking about it! You would think she would be spending time with her own children right now instead of getting involved in other childrens lives!
After all if she has to do time Jack did say on I.S. that they would tell the kids Mommy was doing mission work. She should be getting them ready for that if she has to go off somewhere!
July 6th is almost here and that is a day I am looking forward to!!!!!

There are usually standard sentencing guidelines. He will likely follow those.

I don't think he was being soft on her, he was just applying the law.

I think he was being soft on her. I think this judge has had a soft spot for her since day one. He interpreted the facts a certain way, to her benefit, and applied the law accordingly. He did not have to do that.

This bothers me.

I think this woman is a dangerous and conniving person. I believe her conduct exacerbated EJ's instability and cruelty and led to the murder of Gabriel. (I wish I could believe Gabriel is alive but it seems improbable considering the intense investigation and the nationwide attention).

I'm praying the judge sees her for what she is and sentences her to prison time.

I think he was being soft on her. I think this judge has had a soft spot for her since day one. He interpreted the facts a certain way, to her benefit, and applied the law accordingly. He did not have to do that.

This bothers me.

I think this woman is a dangerous and conniving person. I believe her conduct exacerbated EJ's instability and cruelty and led to the murder of Gabriel. (I wish I could believe Gabriel is alive but it seems improbable considering the intense investigation and the nationwide attention).

I'm praying the judge sees her for what she is and sentences her to prison time.

I agree with you I hope he reads all of the letters that people have sent him that show all of her actions before and after her trial. That may open his eyes a little more! I hope that he really checks out the letters saying how wonderful
she is and does not take the people from Facebook for real. These thousands of friends do not know her!

I wonder if this means the Sentencing Hearing on July 6th is being postponed?
I'm not familiar with Court Documents - who filed this motion?

6/27/2012 NOF - Notice Of Filing - Party (002) 6/27/2012
NOTE: LETTERS
6/27/2012 MCO - Motion To Continue - Party (002) 6/27/2012
http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.go...s/caseInfo.asp
Case # - CR2010-101760

Is there another thread on WS where current issues are being discussed? If not, I'd like to respectfully request that somebody start a new thread (SENTENCING?) where we can continue discussions, referencing other threads like this one for specific information and bringing it forward toward the sentencing. Better minds than mine can do this....thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back