Travis Alexander's Journals and text messages

I started going back over the entire trial while I was sick with the stomach flu and confined at home, and I couldn't resist finally joining this site! After reading through all the messages, not only do I have a headache but I have come up with a theory.. its obviously a little late but...

If you look at JA's dating history, she complains how they all cheated except Darrell.. but they all obviously called her their girlfriend and she dated each one of them for while. I am guessing that she was their girlfriend in their status on facebook and it was well known. With Travis, she couldn't get him to even acknowledge her as his girlfriend. And I think that was what rubbed her the wrong way the most.. and also created an obsession with him in her mind. It wasn't like that with anyone she dated before. Dr. DeMarte had it right when she diagnosed her with Borderline Personality., IMO. I don't think she was trying to climb her way up the ladder of PPL... I think Travis was the one she wanted, and she couldn't help herself going through his stuff and trying to ruin his chance at any relationship with another woman because she had done everything she could to find her new identity in him and the Mormon Church. At some point she realized that she was caught, esp. those last texts between them when he says to come clean. And she kind of alludes to the fact that she's sorry but emphasizes that she didn't slash his tires or steal his journals because she knows he could probably get a restraining order filed against her. I think in the end she killed him because she couldn't rationalize him not wanting to be with her, how he could want to marry another woman before even having sex with her. He wanted her out of his life, had all these plans, and finally was ready to move on. And she started planning the murder right after she realized she was caught making up Michelle and eventually that huge fight they had I think there was no going back after that...but that's just conjecture.

I just saw other posts earlier in this thread pointing out that she was a psycho and probably just wanted to use him and climb the ladder at PPL or the Mormon Church, but honestly.. I don't think she killed him because she didn't want him to expose her, as she could have left him alone at any time after she had Ryan's number but she chose not to even make contact for a long time. She just couldn't let go, and I think Travis felt guilty because he thought his having sex with her was supposed to be for marriage and maybe that explained her behavior - the fact that he couldn't resist sex with her made him feel bad, almost as if he is the one who triggered this behavior in her because he couldn't say no and he definitely knew at a certain point early on that she loved him enough to marry him. She even writes in her diary at one point "TA said I would marry him in a heartbeat if he asked me. He must be delusional"... but the thing is, he was spot on.

Borderline Personality Disorder allows someone to go from completely love to complete hate.. and maybe she really hated him for how he felt towards her and that's why she decided to kill him. In the end I guess we will never know...

Is there new info on BK's site?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Borderline Personality Disorder allows someone to go from completely love to complete hate.. and maybe she really hated him for how he felt towards her and that's why she decided to kill him. In the end I guess we will never know...

I think she hated he was sleeping w/other women/moving on, etc. BPD is an anti-social personality. She attributed the blame to Travis (he caused her to pinpoint her focus on him. Thusly blaming him for the hate she felt in her 30s (elevating her BPD and bringing along with it, a mid-life crisis - which is generally crushing). I personally think she was doomed to fail, no matter what people or "projects," she'd have lined up at that point in her life. Her psychopathic pathology alone would have done her in.

She was trifling with other men before and during her time with Travis - she moaned about "men disappointing her" and "cheating on her" plenty enough at trial. BPDs avoid self-examination of their own shortcomings, in turn fulfilling their multi-faceted failure, I'm sure.

That's pretty dangerous... never any responsibility. I think most BPDs are narcissistic at heart. A lot of these disorders are linked.. What do they say? All felons are narcissistic??

She's the type that wants to set the world on fire...

I started going back over the entire trial while I was sick with the stomach flu and confined at home, and I couldn't resist finally joining this site! After reading through all the messages, not only do I have a headache but I have come up with a theory.. its obviously a little late but...

If you look at JA's dating history, she complains how they all cheated except Darrell.. but they all obviously called her their girlfriend and she dated each one of them for while. I am guessing that she was their girlfriend in their status on facebook and it was well known. With Travis, she couldn't get him to even acknowledge her as his girlfriend. And I think that was what rubbed her the wrong way the most.. and also created an obsession with him in her mind. It wasn't like that with anyone she dated before. Dr. DeMarte had it right when she diagnosed her with Borderline Personality., IMO. I don't think she was trying to climb her way up the ladder of PPL... I think Travis was the one she wanted, and she couldn't help herself going through his stuff and trying to ruin his chance at any relationship with another woman because she had done everything she could to find her new identity in him and the Mormon Church. At some point she realized that she was caught, esp. those last texts between them when he says to come clean. And she kind of alludes to the fact that she's sorry but emphasizes that she didn't slash his tires or steal his journals because she knows he could probably get a restraining order filed against her. I think in the end she killed him because she couldn't rationalize him not wanting to be with her, how he could want to marry another woman before even having sex with her. He wanted her out of his life, had all these plans, and finally was ready to move on. And she started planning the murder right after she realized she was caught making up Michelle and eventually that huge fight they had I think there was no going back after that...but that's just conjecture.

I just saw other posts earlier in this thread pointing out that she was a psycho and probably just wanted to use him and climb the ladder at PPL or the Mormon Church, but honestly.. I don't think she killed him because she didn't want him to expose her, as she could have left him alone at any time after she had Ryan's number but she chose not to even make contact for a long time. She just couldn't let go, and I think Travis felt guilty because he thought his having sex with her was supposed to be for marriage and maybe that explained her behavior - the fact that he couldn't resist sex with her made him feel bad, almost as if he is the one who triggered this behavior in her because he couldn't say no and he definitely knew at a certain point early on that she loved him enough to marry him. She even writes in her diary at one point "TA said I would marry him in a heartbeat if he asked me. He must be delusional"... but the thing is, he was spot on.

I agree 100%! After reading pages and pages of posts and getting a headache trying to figure her thought process I realized you can't figure out crazy. It boils down to she stalked and played games trying to manipulate him in ways that are hard for a normal person to comprehend. In the end " only the one that hurts you can take it away" she could get plenty of guys she wanted him and his rejection was catalyst. I've often joked about how if I don't even like a guy but find out he doesn't like me? Well I'm going want him til I get him. Validation. Because it's like you wonder why don't you like me want me? And your view of yourself depends now on their perception of you. It's like how people always want what they can't have but multiplied by a million plus crazy. Kinda scares me cuz I totally get her crazy. Just not the violence. I'm ashamed to say I've probably used to a lesser degree some of her tactics. Mind you I was married 24 years and husband left out of nowhere so I think I had a reason for temporary slight crazy behavior 😊 Thing is he seemed to care but her lies and games drove him away and Jody says when it's over no one else so she won the only way she could in the end. And she still tries to destroy his character. Had he gushed all over her she would eventually lost interest but he was a decent man who didn't realize the sick type of damaged woman he was dealing with. I feel dirty just reading her manipulative texts and being pulled into the world of Jody for a few hours. Can't imagine dealing with it daily. So tragic the best thing every one can do to someone like her is simply forget her she needs attention. I'll never think of that monster after this post. Just my two cents sorry for the ramblings good day all!

these clearly show an emotionally abusive relationship, he was saying these things to her because he wanted to go to cancun with the other girl, and he needed to push Jodi away for that time. it was one of those pull you in, push you type of relationship. he played these games with a few girls, he just made a mistake a played it with a psychopath this time, if he was sooooo hurt by whatever flirting he was referring too, why would he even being inviting Mimi to cancun? h

he played games, she was more insane and she planned and slaughtered him for it.

that's a complete misconception of the mental disorder of BPD. BPD is not an anti- social personality disorder, its defined has "Borderline personality disorder (BPD), also known as emotionally unstable personality disorder (EUPD), is a long-term pattern of abnormal behavior characterized by unstable relationships with other people, unstable sense of self, and unstable emotions."
borderline personality is not the same has anti-social disorder and it's usually caused by an early abandonment/abuse in early life so it's actually unlikely that, jodi does suffer from BPD. she is just a psychopath, not every murderer suffers from a mental illness, some just want to kill.

these clearly show an emotionally abusive relationship, he was saying these things to her because he wanted to go to cancun with the other girl, and he needed to push Jodi away for that time. it was one of those pull you in, push you type of relationship. he played these games with a few girls, he just made a mistake a played it with a psychopath this time, if he was sooooo hurt by whatever flirting he was referring too, why would he even being inviting Mimi to cancun? h

he played games, she was more insane and she planned and slaughtered him for it.

Yes, indeed-- an emotionally & possibly physically relationship, orchestrated & inflicted by a narcissistic psychopath who deliberately robbed her decent & kind but psychically wounded victim of everything that mattered to him, then drove a thousand miles to stab him dozens of times, shoot him, and slash his throat with such viciousness she almost decapitated him.

About that BPD? No, no misconceptions there, just a spot on diagnosis by Dr. DeMarte, one of the best prepared, best qualified, most persuasive, & best witnesses to testify at either trial.

Yes, indeed-- an emotionally & possibly physically relationship, orchestrated & inflicted by a *** narcissistic psychopath who deliberately robbed her decent & kind but psychically wounded victim of everything that mattered to him, then drove a thousand miles to stab him dozens of times, shoot him, and slash his throat with such viciousness she almost decapitated him.

About that BPD? No, no misconceptions there, just a spot on diagnosis by Dr. DeMarte, one of the best prepared, best qualified, most persuasive, & best witnesses to testify at either trial.

Apologies if it is frowned upon to bump an old thread, I know it is on some forums but I'm unsure of the etiquette here?

I just wanted to thank you for this post. I have a personal and professional interest in the area of domestic violence against men, in fact I've been at a seminar about it just last week and I'm still trying to catch my breath. IMO if the roles were reversed in this situation nobody would be seeking to place blame on her for being brutally murdered and he would have been sentenced to death in a heartbeat. I recall some of the reporting at the time was objectionable, seeking to place blame on the victim.

She was the abuser. Travis was the abused. All these years on, this is one of those cases that still eats me up inside.

I think we have crossed paths previously on another thread and may I just say that I always appreciate your input.

there are no other places? also is it worth it, are they in good order and easy to read/get through? I have just started to get into this case and have read the 4-5 books that have been written about it. I am still very much interested in consuming any and all info i can get on it, so would it be worth it to subscribe? does the site contain a lot of info that can not be obtained elsewhere? and thank you for responding.

IMO you can find everything you want to know right here.

Seeing some of the text messages and journal entries I’ve read I have a pretty good idea about this relationship. A lot of people give Jodi so much credit for being this diabolical evil person who went to that PPL convention in Vegas looking for a mark and found one in Travis. A lot of people seem to think she was running the long con on him. I didn’t see it that way. I think she was in a point in her life that she wanted to get married and realized she was going to get it in Darrell. I don’t think she was some gold digger as her previous relationships weren’t with guys with money. Darrell and her split the bills for the house like 50/50 or something. So I don’t think she was after someone to pay all her bills. I do think that she did see the front that the PPL people portray and either didn’t know it was not what it seemed to be or at least it looked better than what she was doing with her life.

I think Travis did approach her and basically swept her off her feet. She was in an exiting place, flirting with a man who found her attractive, and both were having fun. I think about all the guys she was with before and I think none of them were as attractive as Travis was. I think she found him extremely physically attractive as he did her. As their relationship progressed he introduced her into his religion. Think about the time it took her to convert to becoming a Mormon. I mean what kind of mind frame would you be in if you were willing to change your religion? She was really into being with him. And whether she believed in the Book of Mormon or not she was taking the time and clearly willing to live her life being a Mormon so maybe it wasn’t all fake. So I think that aspect that he was almost a spiritual guide to her (see her journal where she writes about how cool it would be if he was to baptize their children; baptizing the whole family) plays a role. He was teaching and preaching to her the gospel, so she looked up to him in more than a regular relationship. I also think that because he brought her into his faith and baptized her that he felt more attached to her later on. Maybe one of the reason that kept him dealing with her drama and continuing to take her back. He felt he couldn’t just abandon her after bringing her into the church. I think she got swept up in the whole Mormon lifestyle, the getting married and starting a family young because she was ready for those things. I thought it was weird that she was expecting a proposal when they went to Niagara falls when they hadn’t been dating that long and he hadn’t even said “I love you”. I guess it was the whole Mormon thing, she knew they moved fast on that type of thing. Also if you read her journals she talked about all the trips they went on how she was weaving a life with him. She really thought they were seeing the world together that book 1,000 places played a part in the end if you ask me. The trips they went on excited her and she really enjoyed those time. They were some of the times he was most affectionate in public too. Fast forward to her snooping his things and finding out he was flirting or whatever with other girls probably did break her heart. Here she thought she was dating this Mormon guy with these family values and he’s “cheating” on her. I think she breaks up with him, to get him to beg her back etc. I think she also moves to Mesa bc she believes if she’s in town he wouldn’t need to cheat on her that he would only be with her. What’s sad is Travis really did do some things that weren’t very nice. He did play with her emotions and keep her around even though he told everyone he didn’t want her around. I think he did this because honestly he was a 30 yr old male with hormones. I think once he started having sex with Jodi he was hooked as any male adolescent who starts having sex does. He started much later so I think he’s in his sexual prime and Jodi is giving it to him freely hoping to get love in return. What’s funny is when she gives him that 5 languages of love book she says Travis thinks her language of love is physical touch, but hers is quality time and she thinks his is physical touch but it’s words of affirmation. They both think the other gets and gives love by sex, but it’s not the case. Anyway sex can be a powerful thing it bonds people together especially when the sex is good. They said they have sex that goes on for hours! I mean that’s intense. As experienced as Jodi was I don’t think she was having that kind of sex with Darrel for the last few years or if ever. I think she was so physically and sexually attracted to him and him to her that it also played a factor in the end. I don’t think he ever had that kind of sex with anyone and he couldn’t so that’s what kept him going back to her. I think she did a lot of devious things to him like pretending to be other ppl online, over the phone, and even lying about there being a spy. I think it was just her snooping his accounts because she knew his passwords and possibly security questions on things. She may have found a way to see his cell phone records online but if not I don’t think she was some high school drop out, could only find a job as a waitress - computer hacker that was able to clone his phone or computer. That’s just giving her too much credit. I see all he silly games she’s played with him on the phone like call me I have to tell you something when she really had nothing to tell him. Her borrowing his cars all the time was a way for her to see him and for people to see her driving his car. Notice when he left the car at home and told her to go switch it out she didn’t want to do that. She wouldn’t have been able to see him that way. I think it odd that Travis couldn’t see that the staking behavior, the text to Lisa from his phone “cuddling with Jodi”, then the letter written to Lisa and the tires being slashed were all Jodi. I don’t know how he didn’t see it, but I do think she played a good role pretending not to be jealous and to be happy for him. I don’t understand why in the end he was so sad about losing Lisa, but he broke up with her because he wanted to see other women. I wonder is Mimi’s father told her Travis wasn’t the one for her?? Travis did a get jealous over Jodi dating other guys quite often. It’s like he could do whatever he wanted and move on, but she couldn’t. The fact that he got so upset in these jealous fits only confirmed to Jodi that he still loved her. If he didn’t want her with anyone else surely it was because he loved her. That’s how girls can take jealousy. It just reaffirmed that he still cared. When he was ignoring her she would send those accidental texts/emails to get a rise out of him so she could get that confirmation she needed that he still cared. I mean how many times have you sent a text or email to the wrong person? Once or twice in your life? She did it to him like 10 times??? Idk how many but it sure was enough times for him to catch onto her games. I’m so embarrassed for her when I read those. I think how sad it was that he was always having these UFC fights and cookie parties that she couldn’t come too, it’s like he rubbed them in her face. You think why didn’t she just get away from this guy, but she couldn’t. I don’t know why he confided in Jodi that he had found the girl he wanted to marry Mimi. He had just barely met her. I bet that made her so angry. I don’t believe she ever found out until after he was dead that Mimi had turned him down. In Jodi’s mind who would not want Travis? I think she knew she was losing him. I believe she thought she should be on that trip to Cancun. She helped him get on that trip, he should take her. There were places on the list of 1,000 places.... in Cancun. I think she wasn’t going to let him go down there and see those places without her. I do think she was really into Ryan Burns if you look at his pictures from that time frame he was a very good looking man in shape, up and coming star in PPL. I think she couldn’t let Travis go on with his life after what he did to her. She gave him love and all of herself and he used her and wanted everyone else but her. In her mind he had to go. I wonder if she hadn’t killed him would he have found someone in time before he was kicked out of his singles ward. Something he was so terrified of, he didn’t want to join a family ward. Is that because he wouldn’t be able to date anyone from the singles ward? He just seemed to have this ticking time bomb over his head. If getting married was so important to him why was it so difficult for him to commit to one girl? I also wonder If he thought he would be happy settling down with a virgin girl after Jodi? I didn’t get to read all his journals, but something made him drag his feet. I think what Jodi did to him was completely wrong and she should have gotten the death penalty bc he did suffer. I’m not blaming the victim Travis for his murder, but he certainly played with her emotions and that isn’t right. I’ve met and dated guys like him and it really sucks. She didn’t have a right to play games with him and make him question his reality all the time either. Just a few thoughts I have on the relationship. All my opinion of course.

="Brittbrat, post: 15818702, member: 261659"]Seeing some of the text messages and journal entries I’ve read I have a pretty good idea about this relationship. A lot of people give Jodi so much credit for being this diabolical evil person who went to that PPL convention in Vegas looking for a mark and found one in Travis. A lot of people seem to think she was running the long con on him.

There's actual evidence that she was in fact running a long con, and had been for months before she "accidentally" met TA.

I didn’t see it that way. I think she was in a point in her life that she wanted to get married and realized she was going to get it in Darrell. I don’t think she was some gold digger as her previous relationships weren’t with guys with money. Darrell and her split the bills for the house like 50/50 or something. So I don’t think she was after someone to pay all her bills.

Well, she paid some bills with her credit cards until she maxed them out, then stopped paying anything for anything, leaving Darrell holding the bag for everything. Until foreclosure. The gal was definitely looking for a wealthy Mormon to give her the lifestyle she felt entitled to.

I do think that she did see the front that the PPL people portray and either didn’t know it was not what it seemed to be or at least it looked better than what she was doing with her life.

I think Travis did approach her and basically swept her off her feet. She was in an exiting place, flirting with a man who found her attractive, and both were having fun. I think about all the guys she was with before and I think none of them were as attractive as Travis was. I think she found him extremely physically attractive as he did her.
As their relationship progressed he introduced her into his religion.

Actually, she had already had the Mormon missionaries making house visits BEFORE she met TA.

...the time it took her to convert to becoming a Mormon. I mean what kind of mind frame would you be in if you were willing to change your religion?

The kind of mindfrane that changed religions depending on who she was hooking up with and who she wanted to sink her hooks into...

...And whether she believed in the Book of Mormon or not she was taking the time and clearly willing to live her life being a Mormon so maybe it wasn’t all fake.

Um. The Law of Chastity? Thou shalt not steal, lie, slash the tires of your ex-BF's new GF?

So I think that aspect that he was almost a spiritual guide to her (see her journal where she writes about how cool it would be if he was to baptize their children; baptizing the whole family) plays a role. He was teaching and preaching to her the gospel, so she looked up to him in more than a regular relationship.

You give her a WHOLE lot more credit than anything in the actual record suggests is reasonable or accurate, imo.

I also think that because he brought her into his faith and baptized her that he felt more attached to her later on. Maybe one of the reason that kept him dealing with her drama and continuing to take her back. He felt he couldn’t just abandon her after bringing her into the church.

This is definitely true. And his deeply spiritual sense of religious and moral obligation to her, as a church elder and as her baptizer, is EXACTLY what she relied upon first and foremost as a weapon to use against him, and as a means of tormenting him.

I think she got swept up in the whole Mormon lifestyle, the getting married and starting a family young because she was ready for those things. I thought it was weird that she was expecting a proposal when they went to Niagara falls when they hadn’t been dating that long and he hadn’t even said “I love you”. I guess it was the whole Mormon thing, she knew they moved fast on that type of thing.

No, it was a twisted thing by a narcissist who wasn't going to take NO for an answer from TA thing.

Also if you read her journals she talked about all the trips they went on how she was weaving a life with him. She really thought they were seeing the world together that book 1,000 places played a part in the end if you ask me. The trips they went on excited her and she really enjoyed those time. They were some of the times he was most affectionate in public too.

Fast forward to her snooping his things and finding out he was flirting or whatever with other girls probably did break her heart.

No fast forwarding necessary. She snooped and spied on him from the very beginning, BEFORE they were in any kind of "relationship."

She thought she was dating this Mormon guy with these family values and he’s “cheating” on her.

Sorry, but.. PFFT. She was the one throwing her body at him, and manipulating him every which way, from the beginning, and even after he made it clear to her, from the beginning, that he wasn't ready to be in a relationship.

I think she breaks up with him, to get him to beg her back etc.

He broke it off with her, not the other way around.

I think she also moves to Mesa bc she believes if she’s in town he wouldn’t need to cheat on her that he would only be with her.

I think you're overlooking the part where he told her multiple times, in the strongest possible terms, that he did not want her to move to Mesa. At all.

What’s sad is Travis really did do some things that weren’t very nice. He did play with her emotions and keep her around even though he told everyone he didn’t want her around.

There are only so many ways to tell someone you don't want a relationship with them, that they need to go date other peeps, and finally, that they need to get the h'll out of town, ASAP and permanently.

He helped her in a hundred ways, even after she had demonstrated to him in many hundreds of ways she was deserving of none of his generousity. She stole or drstroyed everything of worth from Travis that he had earned and created and fought for for himself; his life last of all.

... because honestly he was a 30 yr old male with hormones. I think once he started having sex with Jodi he was hooked as any male adolescent who starts having sex does. He started much later so I think he’s in his sexual prime and Jodi is giving it to him freely hoping to get love in return. What’s funny is when she gives him that 5 languages of love book she says Travis thinks her language of love is physical touch, but hers is quality time and she thinks his is physical touch but it’s words of affirmation. They both think the other gets and gives love by sex, but it’s not the case. Anyway sex can be a powerful thing it bonds people together especially when the sex is good. They said they have sex that goes on for hours! I mean that’s intense. As experienced as Jodi was I don’t think she was having that kind of sex with Darrel for the last few years or if ever. I think she was so physically and sexually attracted to him and him to her that it also played a factor in the end. I don’t think he ever had that kind of sex with anyone and he couldn’t so that’s what kept him going back to her. I think she did a lot of devious things to him like pretending to be other ppl online, over the phone, and even lying about there being a spy. I think it was just her snooping his accounts because she knew his passwords and possibly security questions on things. She may have found a way to see his cell phone records online but if not I don’t think she was some high school drop out, could only find a job as a waitress - computer hacker that was able to clone his phone or computer. That’s just giving her too much credit. I see all he silly games she’s played with him on the phone like call me I have to tell you something when she really had nothing to tell him. Her borrowing his cars all the time was a way for her to see him and for people to see her driving his car. Notice when he left the car at home and told her to go switch it out she didn’t want to do that. She wouldn’t have been able to see him that way.

I think it odd that Travis couldn’t see that the staking behavior, the text to Lisa from his phone “cuddling with Jodi”, then the letter written to Lisa and the tires being slashed were all Jodi. I don’t know how he didn’t see it, but I do think she played a good role pretending not to be jealous and to be happy for him.

I don’t understand why in the end he was so sad about losing Lisa, but he broke up with her because he wanted to see other women.

No, I really don't think so. If you read through all the texts, especially, what's there is that Travis knew the killer posed a real physical threat to Lisa, and that he couldn't protect her from the killer's craziness.

It was also the case that when push came to shove, Travis was simply incapable of committing to marriage yet, no matter the intense pressure that he felt to get married. His guilt at not being able to commit to the love of his life, Deanna, haunted him literally until the end of his life.

I wonder is Mimi’s father told her Travis wasn’t the one for her??

Travis did a get jealous over Jodi dating other guys quite often.

Nah. This simply isn't true. What bothered him most was her willingness to go out with non-Mormons, her acting sleazy, sometimes in ways he thought put her in danger but definitely made her look like a w'hore to any average Mormon fellow (including her preying upon married Mormon men Travis knew), and, last, her use of pretend men & make believe dates to TRY to make him jealous.

It’s like he could do whatever he wanted and move on, but she couldn’t.

(Pfft)..

The fact that he got so upset in these jealous fits only confirmed to Jodi that he still loved her. If he didn’t want her with anyone else surely it was because he loved her. That’s how girls can take jealousy. It just reaffirmed that he still cared. When he was ignoring her she would send those accidental texts/emails to get a rise out of him so she could get that confirmation she needed that he still cared. I mean how many times have you sent a text or email to the wrong person? Once or twice in your life? She did it to him like 10 times??? Idk how many but it sure was enough times for him to catch onto her games. I’m so embarrassed for her when I read those.

Embarrassed for her?

I think how sad it was that he was always having these UFC fights and cookie parties that she couldn’t come too, it’s like he rubbed them in her face.

You're really starting to lose me here. ;) Travis wasn't rubbing her face in a dang thing. He was trying to live his life, do his work, network, and enjoy his friends. The only reason her face could possibly have been rubbed by anything he did was because she kept putting it and herself where he didn't invite her and where she did not belong.

Including breaking into his house almost nightly to sneak sleep on his downstairs before sneaking away in the AM before she was caught.

You think why didn’t she just get away from this guy, but she couldn’t. I don’t know why he confided in Jodi that he had found the girl he wanted to marry Mimi. He had just barely met her. I bet that made her so angry. I don’t believe she ever found out until after he was dead that Mimi had turned him down. In Jodi’s mind who would not want Travis? I think she knew she was losing him. I believe she thought she should be on that trip to Cancun. She helped him get on that trip, he should take her.

Travis earned that trip to Cancun himself. Whatever help she gave him, once, over a day or so, was completely obliterated by her campaign to blow up his chance to meet quota & earn the trip, which she engaged in right after those crumbs of help she threw him.

It's also pretty clear that she conspired with Gus to ensure Travis didn't get the promotion/position he'd earned and thought was his.

There were places on the list of 1,000 places.... in Cancun. I think she wasn’t going to let him go down there and see those places without her. I do think she was really into Ryan Burns if you look at his pictures from that time frame he was a very good looking man in shape, up and coming star in PPL.

Juan Martinez and many others, including me, are pretty sure the killer had zero independent interest in Burns, factually supported perhaps, by the fact she demonstrated next to zero interest in him after she slaughtered Travis.

I think she couldn’t let Travis go on with his life after what he did to her.
Moving right along...

She gave him love and all of herself and he used her and wanted everyone else but her.

Ok, all done here.

In her mind he had to go. I wonder if she hadn’t killed him would he have found someone in time before he was kicked out of his singles ward. Something he was so terrified of, he didn’t want to join a family ward. Is that because he wouldn’t be able to date anyone from the singles ward? He just seemed to have this ticking time bomb over his head. If getting married was so important to him why was it so difficult for him to commit to one girl? I also wonder If he thought he would be happy settling down with a virgin girl after Jodi? I didn’t get to read all his journals, but something made him drag his feet. I think what Jodi did to him was completely wrong and she should have gotten the death penalty bc he did suffer. I’m not blaming the victim Travis for his murder, but he certainly played with her emotions and that isn’t right. I’ve met and dated guys like him and it really sucks. She didn’t have a right to play games with him and make him question his reality all the time either. Just a few thoughts I have on the relationship. All my opinion of course.

Some replies to some points, in bold, in your original post. Taking a QUOTE marker off to more easily see the replies.[/QUOTE]

="Brittbrat, post: 15818702, member: 261659"]Seeing some of the text messages and journal entries I’ve read I have a pretty good idea about this relationship. A lot of people give Jodi so much credit for being this diabolical evil person who went to that PPL convention in Vegas looking for a mark and found one in Travis. A lot of people seem to think she was running the long con on him.

There's actual evidence that she was in fact running a long con, and had been for months before she "accidentally" met TA.

I didn’t see it that way. I think she was in a point in her life that she wanted to get married and realized she was going to get it in Darrell. I don’t think she was some gold digger as her previous relationships weren’t with guys with money. Darrell and her split the bills for the house like 50/50 or something. So I don’t think she was after someone to pay all her bills.

Well, she paid some bills with her credit cards until she maxed them out, then stopped paying anything for anything, leaving Darrell holding the bag for everything. Until foreclosure. The gal was definitely looking for a wealthy Mormon to give her the lifestyle she felt entitled to.

I do think that she did see the front that the PPL people portray and either didn’t know it was not what it seemed to be or at least it looked better than what she was doing with her life.

I think Travis did approach her and basically swept her off her feet. She was in an exiting place, flirting with a man who found her attractive, and both were having fun. I think about all the guys she was with before and I think none of them were as attractive as Travis was. I think she found him extremely physically attractive as he did her.
As their relationship progressed he introduced her into his religion.

Actually, she had already had the Mormon missionaries making house visits BEFORE she met TA.

...the time it took her to convert to becoming a Mormon. I mean what kind of mind frame would you be in if you were willing to change your religion?

The kind of mindfrane that changed religions depending on who she was hooking up with and who she wanted to sink her hooks into...

...And whether she believed in the Book of Mormon or not she was taking the time and clearly willing to live her life being a Mormon so maybe it wasn’t all fake.

Um. The Law of Chastity? Thou shalt not steal, lie, slash the tires of your ex-BF's new GF?

So I think that aspect that he was almost a spiritual guide to her (see her journal where she writes about how cool it would be if he was to baptize their children; baptizing the whole family) plays a role. He was teaching and preaching to her the gospel, so she looked up to him in more than a regular relationship.

You give her a WHOLE lot more credit than anything in the actual record suggests is reasonable or accurate, imo.

I also think that because he brought her into his faith and baptized her that he felt more attached to her later on. Maybe one of the reason that kept him dealing with her drama and continuing to take her back. He felt he couldn’t just abandon her after bringing her into the church.

This is definitely true. And his deeply spiritual sense of religious and moral obligation to her, as a church elder and as her baptizer, is EXACTLY what she relied upon first and foremost as a weapon to use against him, and as a means of tormenting him.

I think she got swept up in the whole Mormon lifestyle, the getting married and starting a family young because she was ready for those things. I thought it was weird that she was expecting a proposal when they went to Niagara falls when they hadn’t been dating that long and he hadn’t even said “I love you”. I guess it was the whole Mormon thing, she knew they moved fast on that type of thing.

No, it was a twisted thing by a narcissist who wasn't going to take NO for an answer from TA thing.

Also if you read her journals she talked about all the trips they went on how she was weaving a life with him. She really thought they were seeing the world together that book 1,000 places played a part in the end if you ask me. The trips they went on excited her and she really enjoyed those time. They were some of the times he was most affectionate in public too.

Fast forward to her snooping his things and finding out he was flirting or whatever with other girls probably did break her heart.

No fast forwarding necessary. She snooped and spied on him from the very beginning, BEFORE they were in any kind of "relationship."

She thought she was dating this Mormon guy with these family values and he’s “cheating” on her.

Sorry, but.. PFFT. She was the one throwing her body at him, and manipulating him every which way, from the beginning, and even after he made it clear to her, from the beginning, that he wasn't ready to be in a relationship.

I think she breaks up with him, to get him to beg her back etc.

He broke it off with her, not the other way around.

I think she also moves to Mesa bc she believes if she’s in town he wouldn’t need to cheat on her that he would only be with her.

I think you're overlooking the part where he told her multiple times, in the strongest possible terms, that he did not want her to move to Mesa. At all.

What’s sad is Travis really did do some things that weren’t very nice. He did play with her emotions and keep her around even though he told everyone he didn’t want her around.

There are only so many ways to tell someone you don't want a relationship with them, that they need to go date other peeps, and finally, that they need to get the h'll out of town, ASAP and permanently.

He helped her in a hundred ways, even after she had demonstrated to him in many hundreds of ways she was deserving of none of his generousity. She stole or drstroyed everything of worth from Travis that he had earned and created and fought for for himself; his life last of all.

... because honestly he was a 30 yr old male with hormones. I think once he started having sex with Jodi he was hooked as any male adolescent who starts having sex does. He started much later so I think he’s in his sexual prime and Jodi is giving it to him freely hoping to get love in return. What’s funny is when she gives him that 5 languages of love book she says Travis thinks her language of love is physical touch, but hers is quality time and she thinks his is physical touch but it’s words of affirmation. They both think the other gets and gives love by sex, but it’s not the case. Anyway sex can be a powerful thing it bonds people together especially when the sex is good. They said they have sex that goes on for hours! I mean that’s intense. As experienced as Jodi was I don’t think she was having that kind of sex with Darrel for the last few years or if ever. I think she was so physically and sexually attracted to him and him to her that it also played a factor in the end. I don’t think he ever had that kind of sex with anyone and he couldn’t so that’s what kept him going back to her. I think she did a lot of devious things to him like pretending to be other ppl online, over the phone, and even lying about there being a spy. I think it was just her snooping his accounts because she knew his passwords and possibly security questions on things. She may have found a way to see his cell phone records online but if not I don’t think she was some high school drop out, could only find a job as a waitress - computer hacker that was able to clone his phone or computer. That’s just giving her too much credit. I see all he silly games she’s played with him on the phone like call me I have to tell you something when she really had nothing to tell him. Her borrowing his cars all the time was a way for her to see him and for people to see her driving his car. Notice when he left the car at home and told her to go switch it out she didn’t want to do that. She wouldn’t have been able to see him that way.

I think it odd that Travis couldn’t see that the staking behavior, the text to Lisa from his phone “cuddling with Jodi”, then the letter written to Lisa and the tires being slashed were all Jodi. I don’t know how he didn’t see it, but I do think she played a good role pretending not to be jealous and to be happy for him.

I don’t understand why in the end he was so sad about losing Lisa, but he broke up with her because he wanted to see other women.

No, I really don't think so. If you read through all the texts, especially, what's there is that Travis knew the killer posed a real physical threat to Lisa, and that he couldn't protect her from the killer's craziness.

It was also the case that when push came to shove, Travis was simply incapable of committing to marriage yet, no matter the intense pressure that he felt to get married. His guilt at not being able to commit to the love of his life, Deanna, haunted him literally until the end of his life.

I wonder is Mimi’s father told her Travis wasn’t the one for her??

Travis did a get jealous over Jodi dating other guys quite often.

Nah. This simply isn't true. What bothered him most was her willingness to go out with non-Mormons, her acting sleazy, sometimes in ways he thought put her in danger but definitely made her look like a w'hore to any average Mormon fellow (including her preying upon married Mormon men Travis knew), and, last, her use of pretend men & make believe dates to TRY to make him jealous.

It’s like he could do whatever he wanted and move on, but she couldn’t.

(Pfft)..

The fact that he got so upset in these jealous fits only confirmed to Jodi that he still loved her. If he didn’t want her with anyone else surely it was because he loved her. That’s how girls can take jealousy. It just reaffirmed that he still cared. When he was ignoring her she would send those accidental texts/emails to get a rise out of him so she could get that confirmation she needed that he still cared. I mean how many times have you sent a text or email to the wrong person? Once or twice in your life? She did it to him like 10 times??? Idk how many but it sure was enough times for him to catch onto her games. I’m so embarrassed for her when I read those.

Embarrassed for her?

I think how sad it was that he was always having these UFC fights and cookie parties that she couldn’t come too, it’s like he rubbed them in her face.

You're really starting to lose me here. ;) Travis wasn't rubbing her face in a dang thing. He was trying to live his life, do his work, network, and enjoy his friends. The only reason her face could possibly have been rubbed by anything he did was because she kept putting it and herself where he didn't invite her and where she did not belong.

Including breaking into his house almost nightly to sneak sleep on his downstairs before sneaking away in the AM before she was caught.

You think why didn’t she just get away from this guy, but she couldn’t. I don’t know why he confided in Jodi that he had found the girl he wanted to marry Mimi. He had just barely met her. I bet that made her so angry. I don’t believe she ever found out until after he was dead that Mimi had turned him down. In Jodi’s mind who would not want Travis? I think she knew she was losing him. I believe she thought she should be on that trip to Cancun. She helped him get on that trip, he should take her.

Travis earned that trip to Cancun himself. Whatever help she gave him, once, over a day or so, was completely obliterated by her campaign to blow up his chance to meet quota & earn the trip, which she engaged in right after those crumbs of help she threw him.

It's also pretty clear that she conspired with Gus to ensure Travis didn't get the promotion/position he'd earned and thought was his.

There were places on the list of 1,000 places.... in Cancun. I think she wasn’t going to let him go down there and see those places without her. I do think she was really into Ryan Burns if you look at his pictures from that time frame he was a very good looking man in shape, up and coming star in PPL.

Juan Martinez and many others, including me, are pretty sure the killer had zero independent interest in Burns, factually supported perhaps, by the fact she demonstrated next to zero interest in him after she slaughtered Travis.

I think she couldn’t let Travis go on with his life after what he did to her.
Moving right along...

She gave him love and all of herself and he used her and wanted everyone else but her.

Ok, all done here.

In her mind he had to go. I wonder if she hadn’t killed him would he have found someone in time before he was kicked out of his singles ward. Something he was so terrified of, he didn’t want to join a family ward. Is that because he wouldn’t be able to date anyone from the singles ward? He just seemed to have this ticking time bomb over his head. If getting married was so important to him why was it so difficult for him to commit to one girl? I also wonder If he thought he would be happy settling down with a virgin girl after Jodi? I didn’t get to read all his journals, but something made him drag his feet. I think what Jodi did to him was completely wrong and she should have gotten the death penalty bc he did suffer. I’m not blaming the victim Travis for his murder, but he certainly played with her emotions and that isn’t right. I’ve met and dated guys like him and it really sucks. She didn’t have a right to play games with him and make him question his reality all the time either. Just a few thoughts I have on the relationship. All my opinion of course.

Some replies to some points, in bold, in your original post. Taking a QUOTE marker off to more easily see the replies.
[/QUOTE]

We can both look at it in different views points and that’s okay. I don’t think her actions in anyway were okay, they were intrusive, crossed boundaries and certainly pushed him away rather than pulling him in. I just can’t agree that he wasn’t sending her the wrong message a lot of the time. He may have told her he didn’t want her to move to Mesa and whatever else, but he was also returning her calls, staying on the phone with her for hours, having her clean his house, and also sleeping with her! Also why didn’t he tell her while he was dating Lisa that he had a girlfriend? Why did he hide it from her? So he could cheat on Lisa? I would think if you really wanted someone out of your life you would not have sex with them or talk to them for hours. That’s sending the wrong type of message. Also when she crossed boundaries he didn’t ever get firm with her and tell her it wasn’t okay that he would call the police if she did it again (showing up in his house etc.) I did see his concern about who she was dating and calling her a *advertiser censored* for a stupid comment on someone’s FB picture as jealousy. Why does he get to tell her who to date? Mormon or not? It’s just weird. Their relationship was so unhealthy I don’t think anyone can answer why Travis continued to deal with her if he knew how toxic she was or if he didn’t want anything to do with her. I think part of it was his ego. He seemed to like the attention, like when he compared the tire thing to him being a celebrity. I think it made him feel good that Jodi worshiped him and “would marry him if he asked”.

When I said I was “embarrassed” for her I really meant I “cringe” reading the stupid, childish things she did to get his attention. It’s embarrassing someone would do that kind of crap to get attention.

I don’t think Travis was afraid of Jodi, I don’t think he really even believed it was her that slashed the tires until she was in California. So I just can’t see him breaking up with Lisa to protect her from Jodi. The texts and journal entries I read talked about him talking to other woman. I don’t think he was a bad guy, but he certainly was a player. At several times he had “more than one pot on the stove at the same time”.

Believe me I think Jodi is a cold heartless killer who showed him no mercy and didn’t get what she deserved, but at the same time I can also think she wasn’t as diabolical as some people do believe. I think she did a lot of scheming, plotting and planning to win him back, keep him from being with anyone else and ultimately kill him. I just don’t think she was this psychotic before she had met him. Jealous and clearly a person with a borderline personality disorder, but she was able to have “normal” relationships with men up until Travis. Something about that toxic relationship they had together made her lose it. That’s my opinion.

I haven’t read all the text as I just found out about the BK website a few weeks ago. I have read many others that are online and what people have posted here. Also read both of their journals that are online and I can’t help, but see it how I do. I never said I’m right. Just throwing out some thoughts I haven’t seen expressed. We can all read the texts and journals and interpret them differently and that’s okay.

Apologies if it is frowned upon to bump an old thread, I know it is on some forums but I'm unsure of the etiquette here?

I just wanted to thank you for this post. I have a personal and professional interest in the area of domestic violence against men, in fact I've been at a seminar about it just last week and I'm still trying to catch my breath. IMO if the roles were reversed in this situation nobody would be seeking to place blame on her for being brutally murdered and he would have been sentenced to death in a heartbeat. I recall some of the reporting at the time was objectionable, seeking to place blame on the victim.

She was the abuser. Travis was the abused. All these years on, this is one of those cases that still eats me up inside.

I think we have crossed paths previously on another thread and may I just say that I always appreciate your input.

On the same day Arias was convicted, Crisantos Moroyoqui-Yocupicio pleaded guilty to second-degree murder, and a Maricopa County Superior Court judge sentenced him to 14 years in prison. In 2010, Moroyoqui-Yocupicio, a reputed member of a Mexican drug cartel, murdered an associate who had stolen from him, and then cut his head off.

A month later, Douglas Ray George beat and stabbed his girlfriend to death and left her naked body in the street in Tempe. He also was allowed to plead guilty to second-degree murder and was sentenced to 16 years in prison. Prosecutors said it was uncertain whether the crime was premeditated.

There was no plea offer for Arias; she went to trial and was convicted of first-degree murder.

The death penalty is supposed to be reserved as punishment for the worst of the worst murders, and the Arias murder was certainly horrible. But so were the murders committed by Moroyoqui-Yocupicio and George.

Who decides which murders are the worst of the worst?

Prosecutors.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stoney12
Back