Adopted Man Discovers His Biological Father is Charles Manson!

I am adopted and was reading a book about tracing your parents, it had several stories and one girl found out that her birth mother was Ruth Ellis (the last woman to be hanged in England-these days she would have got about 12 years, she had PND and shot her philandering ex lover)
Imagine the trauma.
I hope that this son isn't too disturbed by his discovery

BTW There was a brilliant film about her case- Dance with a Stranger, with Rupert Everett

He sounds like a well- balanced man and he should just stay as far away from Manson as he can. He was brought up by decent, loving parents via the article. Imagine the shock of finding out a madman is your father...!!! Got to be chilling.

I, too want to know if there was a DNA test done to determine this fact or is Charlie just being Charlie, remembering or bragging about all the women he has bedded? One has to be careful and always determine the true birthright esp. in a case like this.

I would not write Charlie if he was my father and this guy should go on living his normal, peaceful life as he stated.

Urgh......Geez...

Interesting how we want to know about our "Killers" offspring. It is nice to find out many of them turned out normal, functioning adult children. Bless them all as they came from horrendous monsters.

LMAO at you all that say you would pick them for a date...:crazy:

Happy Thankgiving All

Gozgals

It was bound to happen...the same with the rest that procreated...ugh.

I traced my dad... and discovered he is Charles Manson

By PETE SAMSON
US Editor

Published: 23 Nov 2009

LIKE many adopted children, Matthew Roberts set about finding his biological parents with a mix of nerves and excitement.

In particular, he hoped that discovering his father's identity would help him to work out what made him the man he had become.

But nothing could have prepared him for being told his dad was... serial killer CHARLES MANSON.

More at link: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...vered-he-is-Charles-Manson.html#ixzz0Xyimj14U

I never thought about killers children. This is very interesting. It has always interested me to look into the upbringing of these monsters. Now I'm intrigued and would like to know the statistics of how many of their children turn out to be upstanding citizens.

Wouldn't that just make you, I don't know what, just freak out? :eek::eek::eek:

I'm hoping this young man had a good life with his adopted family and he understands that his biodad had no reflection on the person that he is.

Salem

The article is written by the UK's SUN - a well known, trash tabloid, in my opinion. There is no DNA evidence at this point, at least I didn't see anything in the article? If the child was conceived at a "drug-induced" orgy, anyone could be his parent. I don't think I would be announcing this information without DNA evidence. I have to wonder if Matthew is just looking for a little publicity to help him sell some songs?

I don't mean to be harsh, I'm just wondering......

Salem

Thank heavens she left the family after the rape! Can you imagine what that lifestyle would do to a fetus!

Talk about good news bad news. We found your father but he's Charles Manson. I think he should get a dna test before he tries cashing in.

It is for this very reason that I do not pursue finding out anything about my biological parents.

My cousins are also adopted, and the older of the two girls did finally locate their bio dad. Where is he? In prison in Southern Illinois. Why? Oh, it seems that there was a fatal shooting during a drunken brawl. Who did he shoot? Their Mother. It seems that during their argument she told him that she wasn't even certain that the younger daughter was his. Bam! End of argument. *shudders*

I was floored and cannot imagine how she felt. She was actually talking about going and meeting him. I don't know whether or not she ever did, but I can tell you that her discovery has helped quench my yearning to learn anything about my bio parents. I guess I've come to the decision that I've lived this long not knowing and that may be better than finding out something that makes it hard to live with. Does that make any sense?

It is for this very reason that I do not pursue finding out anything about my biological parents.

My cousins are also adopted, and the older of the two girls did finally locate their bio dad. Where is he? In prison in Southern Illinois. Why? Oh, it seems that there was a fatal shooting during a drunken brawl. Who did he shoot? Their Mother. It seems that during their argument she told him that she wasn't even certain that the younger daughter was his. Bam! End of argument. *shudders*

I was floored and cannot imagine how she felt. She was actually talking about going and meeting him. I don't know whether or not she ever did, but I can tell you that her discovery has helped quench my yearning to learn anything about my bio parents. I guess I've come to the decision that I've lived this long not knowing and that may be better than finding out something that makes it hard to live with. Does that make any sense?
Yes.
After reading your post, it makes perfect sense!

Oh man, that is sad! Sometimes ignorance is bliss...:sick:

I hope he's strong and able to resist the temptation to meld his own identity with his notorious biodad. Sounds like he's a wonderful young man, despite the cellular connection-- hope he can prove to himself that the reach of old Charlie doesn't even extend through his gene pool! I wish him psychological triumph.

Oh man, this poor guy. I can't even imagine what he is going through.

I just started reading a book about the Manson "Family".

That poor guy opened a can of worms.

Now what?

I was adopted as a 3 week old infant in 1964. At age 21, I found my birthmother after a five year search (there was no internet at the time or it would have been much quicker - lol). A few years later, I contacted the man she told me was my father and he expressed doubts but admitted it was possible.

My birthmom was so sure and so adamant he was the guy that I finally had DNA paternity testing done - to the tune of 700 plus dollars (this was in 1993 and it was more expensive back then.)

Long story short, he wasn't my father!!!

My birthmother really seemed to believe this man was my father, she gave her DNA and everything to make the test more accurate. (99% as opposed to 97%)

Needless to say, I was devastated at the time, as I really believed her. I only had the testing done to assure the man I thought was my father that it was true, that he really was my father. I never doubted it for a minute and had believed it for about nine years. The fellow in question was a nice guy who wanted to pursue a relationship with me if he indeed was my father.

The point of all this is that this guy does not know for sure that Manson is his father, only that he could be. It was an drug facilitated "orgy" according to his birthmother, after all. (There were lots of those in the 60's it seems- I was conceived under similar circumstances - but my birth mother's reasoning seemed sound when she explained why she believed the guy was my Dad - will spare you the gory details as to why, but she had believed he was my father since before I was born - it had nothing to do with my appearance)

I had obtained a picture of my alleged father before the testing, and guess what, I looked very much like him just like this guy resembles Manson. the resemblance wasn't just my own opinion (which could have been wishful thinking of course) but was just so "obvious" to my (now ex) husband, my daughters and several friends to whom I'd shown the picture. So, there you go.

This is irresponsible journalism IMO.

LOL!
Nice to know I am in good company! I've done the same thing myself many times over the years- tried to find all I can about what happened to the children of the Manson Family.

About 20 years ago, I remember seeing a grainy documentary of the group at Spawn Ranch, filmed prior to their arrests and notoriety for the Tate/LaBianca murders.

The film showed many beautiful, small children of the members, being 'raised' among all those drug-addicted, Charlie-worshipping, 'free-loving' hippies... and for some reason seeing that short home-movie style footage really started a fascination for me about what happened to those kids after many of their parents were arrested for some of the most heinous crimes in California's history.

Vincent Bugliosi's infamous book, Helter Skelter, even named some of the children of the different members.

I remember that Charles Manson and (I think?) Sandra Goode had a little boy together named/called 'Valentine' (his name was later changed), who was raised by Valentine's maternal grandparents, somewhere in the mid-west. Just a few years ago, as an adult, he granted an interview to the media. I was so impressed at how well adjusted he seemed.

Anyway, very interesting stuff.

So many of them settled in the mid-west!!

There was a DNA test done but not against Manson's DNA but that of his grandson, Jason Freeman. It was not a match.

My guess is that Manson would not give up his DNA because he was afraid that it might tie him to a crime he was never convicted of doing.

You have to scroll through a bunch of pix of Manson to get to the meat of the story.

http://www.zimbio.com/Charles+Manso.../Two+men+relate+same+haunting+specter+Charles

If it helps, I heard that Manson's letters from jail usually make no sense or are just major ramblings about really...nothing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back