WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Georockgirl..........pretty sure that's not the car that was in the parking lot with somebody in it. We studied that one extensively a few threads back. It was more of a sedan, with a bit longer body and possible a 4 door.

How did he know that text message did not go through?

IMO if the phone is off the sytem sends the text when the phone is turned back on.

So here's a little more info on the text thing:

The last time JV heard from MC the day of her disappearance was 2:45 and that was when she texted "hey."

He was at work still so when he got off, he texted her back "hey, wassup" at around 4:15. This is when he got it sent back saying it wasn't received, or however that message words it. I have Verizon too and I've had this kind of thing happen once in awhile if I was in an area with no service & the message wouldn't go out, or if the person I was texting was in a no-service area.

He said he tried calling her multiple times after that and it went straight to voicemail, which made him think the phone was turned off.

If I were the perp, the FIRST thing I would do is seperate myself from the most difficult thing to conceal...the car.

If I were the perp and needed to dispose of a red car, I would probably wait until at leastdusk to drive it anywhere. Because red cars tend to stand out like a sore thumb!

Did I answer everyone's questions or was there anything else?

Melissa, I have one more. Can you please find out if Mackenzie was in the habit of going to Riverfront Park (and if so, *why*?) Or, does JV think that seemed highly unusual for her? TIA!

Georockgirl..........pretty sure that's not the car that was in the parking lot with somebody in it. We studied that one extensively a few threads back. It was more of a sedan, with a bit longer body and possible a 4 door.

I remember the discussion about the car, it just looked like a 2 door to me. But I am no expert on identification of cars so I believe you.

There was a rather cryptic post awhile back in one of the last few threads by someone who, based on the statements they made in the post, led me to believe they were family, but only said what a person would do if they were family, and then proceeded to do just that in the post. They discussed the difficulty of DNA when it could be familial. It was a long those lines.

Based on the demeanor and body language of a certain individual at the memorial, I have questioned whether they could be the perp or be involved.

Did I answer everyone's questions or was there anything else?

Yeah, there was some RUMOR that JV had got the feeling that MC was leading some kind of double life? IIRC. So, was this a bad rumor or does he still have this feeling? If so, what gives him this feeling?

Also, if he hasn't got information from LE as to a person who might have done this, (during questioning and such), what is he basing this information on? I believe you said earlier that MC had told him about people that were mean to her or disliked her -- would she also have informed her dad or other's about the person(s) who were mean to her? Sort of wondering if it was common/semi-common knowledge in the family that this person(s) were mean or disliked her?

If I were the perp and needed to dispose of a red car, I would probably wait until at leastdusk to drive it anywhere. Because red cars tend to stand out like a sore thumb!

Melissa, I have one more. Can you please find out if Mackenzie was in the habit of going to Riverfront Park (and if so, *why*?) Or, does JV think that seemed highly unusual for her? TIA!

Is Riverfront Park the boat launch? I'm not from there but I think that's what you're referring to. He had no idea why she'd go to the boat launch. He said her usual schedule was school/academy, gym/dance, go home/hang out with him. He doesn't see a logical reason for her being there

The last time JV heard from MC the day of her disappearance was 2:45 and that was when she texted "hey."

He was at work still so when he got off, he texted her back "hey, wassup" at around 4:15. This is when he got it sent back saying it wasn't received, or however that message words it. I have Verizon too and I've had this kind of thing happen once in awhile if I was in an area with no service & the message wouldn't go out, or if the person I was texting was in a no-service area.

He said he tried calling her multiple times after that and it went straight to voicemail, which made him think the phone was turned off.

Melissa I am confused. Almost all of the earlier WW articles ended with LE saying that the last communication with MC was at 3:40, an incoming text from her bf and an outgoing text (Hey, Hey).

If JV says this wasn't him, then who could this bf be? I feel sorry for JV but I wonder if MC had a new bf?

Melissa I am confused. Almost all of the earlier WW articles ended with LE saying that the last communication with MC was at 3:40, an incoming text from her bf and an outgoing text (Hey, Hey).

If JV says this wasn't him, then who could this bf be? I feel sorry for JV but I wonder if MC had a new bf?

At this point, I trust what JV says over what LE says.

Melissa, thank you for all your information from JV. Did JV ever say anything about MC's relationship with her mom or JF?

Sometimes I think this case eerily reminds me of the old Twin Peaks television series. If you remember that show...it was set in a small town in Washington. A prominent local girl was found murdered on the shore of a lake, wrapped in plastic. She had a boyfriend who was a really good guy but she led a double life. The murderer in that show turned out to be an older man who had molested her, her father. There were two sketchy brothers involved with the crime also. Obviously everything in a fictional series won't line up perfectly and I'm not saying Mackenzie was involved in all the stuff the character Laura Palmer was in her secret life, and all the weirdness of a David Lynch production is not present in real life (though he uses it to add emphasis and metaphor to illuminate true evil in the world) but I do think of Twin Peaks. I hope nobody thinks I'm making light of the situation by saying this, I genuinely feel for what Mackenzie's loved ones and those who knew her are going through.

How did he know that text message did not go through?

IMO if the phone is off the sytem sends the text when the phone is turned back on.

If you have Verizon and send a text to someone who also has Verizon, it will tell you if the text went through. If you view the sent message, it will tell you the time that the text was recieved on the other end. I have the exact same phone as Mackenzie did, its even the same model.

I check this sometimes when I text a friend and they don't text back within a reasonable time frame. So that is probably why he checked it.

In addition, if the recievers phone is off, viewing the sent message shows that the text was not recieved. The display on the senders phone lists the time the text was recieved, and when the recievers phone is off, there is no "time stamp" listed. Once the recievers phone is turned back on, the time displays on the senders phone and shows the time that the receiver got the text, which would be the time that the receivers phone was turned back on.

I think I'm still a bit behind (trying to read through on my phone as I push my grocery cart through the store!), but considering JV's account of the texting, WHAT, then, was the phone activity at 3:40 from the boat launch?

Curiouser and curiouser!

Melissa, how does JV justify what he told you above, with what LE has previously relayed to us below?

3:40 PM - Mackenzie's phone data indicate that her phone is at/near the Riverfront Park boat ramp. While there, the phone receives an incoming text ("hey") and replies with the same message ("hey").

Does JV indicate that he feels LE is outright misleading (or lying to) the public?

I seem to remeber early articles (before she was found) citing a 2:15 text to her bf as the last she was heard from. Anyone else remembering that?

LE also asked for any possible witnesses to come forward if they saw anything of interest at the Boat Launch at 3:40. The WW reported that LE did get some tips from that request.

So, I asked Meslissa if JV could help us out with that (previous questions).

I seem to remeber early articles (before she was found) citing a 2:15 text to her bf as the last she was heard from. Anyone else remembering that?

No that is not correct. 2:15 was introduced here (or anywhere) for the first time today, by MelissaW. She reported it here as what JV told her.

Aaaand, if her phone was already off at 4:15, how did it ping at 5-something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member