Poll: Date of body disposal?

What day do you believe KC disposed of Caylee's body?

• on day of death (June 15-June 17)

Votes: 53 8.6%
  • June 18

Votes: 112 18.2%
  • June 19

Votes: 114 18.5%
  • after June 19

Votes: 336 54.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for June 18. I'd even stretch it into the early hours of June 19. But I don't think she had her in the car again. I think she ditched the car because the smell would not go away. She was hoping it would look like it was stolen and left there or that she was carjacked or that someone would steal it from that location.

Having said that, I base this opinion on the facts we have. I completely believe in the forensics (all of them) so if the prosecution says it happened differently, I absolutely would believe it because they are working on a full set of facts and we are not.

I can't vote, because I have no idea, and what does it matter anyway? Without the body, it might be hard to prove anything... no time of death, no cause of death. So.. it's not going to be a really big issue WHEN she disposed of the body... the issue is going to be IF she did... or who helped her. Unless there was an eyewitness... the prosecution might have a hard time proving that.
And personally, after listening to several opinions... I'm not sure those air sample tests are going to be admitted into evidence anyway, since it is a fairly new science, and not exact. I will admit... it is starting to worry me, if they don't find the body.

For 2.6 days and the smell is still in car months later.!!!......Imo, Caylee died that night of fight, was taken out of trunk, put in a bag and buried in back yard or hidden where dogs hit, then put back in trunk and bag leaked. KC drove around thinking where to put Caylee meanwhile the car started to smell bad due to the heat and decomp. KC started making up squirrel story.........but baby was long gone by then,KC had to cover up story on smell of car.

Totally agree..

I can't vote, because I have no idea, and what does it matter anyway? Without the body, it might be hard to prove anything... no time of death, no cause of death. So.. it's not going to be a really big issue WHEN she disposed of the body... the issue is going to be IF she did... or who helped her. Unless there was an eyewitness... the prosecution might have a hard time proving that.
And personally, after listening to several opinions... I'm not sure those air sample tests are going to be admitted into evidence anyway, since it is a fairly new science, and not exact. I will admit... it is starting to worry me, if they don't find the body.
I have to agree, you're right ~ it's going to be up to the jury believing the scientific and circumstantial evidence the state has. But I do think they have more than we know of. And putting the totality of the evidence together, as long as the jury believes Caylee was in the trunk of the car, that Casey was the one person with possession of the car, and Caylee no where to be found (alive) now, where does that CE lead? To Casey killing Caylee, imo.

She did say this. I don't remember when. I know at one point she was talking about the fact that the maggots could have been feeding on the pizza. This might have been said to the media.

I KNOW there were mention of maggots, possibly even by LE as well. Can anyone help me out here? Or tell Chilly where to find this info.?

I knew I had heard this also, it was an interview I think from the bond hearing. I have searched everywhere and cannot locate the video but I did fing this article.
http://www.wftv.com/news/17053323/detail.html

"There was a bag of pizza for like 12 days in the trunk of the car full of maggots. It stunk so bad, you know how hot it's been," Cindy Anthony.

Died 16th, Disposed 18/19.

I think all the calls to CA/GA at 4 pm-ish on the 16th was a desperate bid to see if grandma/pa would babysit, despite their fight on the 15th.

When she couldn't get ahold of them (or they wouldn't answer), she decided to use the chloroform (which may not have been the first time), and that night when she and Tony went to get movies Caylee was probably out cold in the trunk. Perhaps, choroform was for the quick knockout, but maybe some pills/cold meds were given to her to keep her down. It is the combination of drugs that probably killed her that evening while in the trunk.

She discovered late that night or in the early morning that she was dead and disposed of her temporarally in the A's backyard on the 17th. She went back the next day on the 18th (shovel day), and disposed of her either that day or in the early morning hours of the 19th. So decomp was at that point entered into the car at 2.5 days roughly. There is nothing to say that she couldn't have had 1/2 decomp prior to the 2.5 day mark, just that the makeup of the gases, were gases that are produced by a corpse at about 2.5 days.

The stink may not have started saturating into the inside of the car itself from the trunk until a few days after that, hence the statement to AH regarding the animal smell. Prior to that, it may not have smelled unless you opened the trunk.

GA, should have smelled the decomp if he got anywhere near the car on the 24th I would think, unless Casey was able to cover the smell with gasoline maybe?

As time went on, the smell got stronger rather than dissipating as was witnessed by the awful smell still coming from the car weeks later.

Died 16th, Disposed 18/19.

I think all the calls to CA/GA at 4 pm-ish on the 16th was a desperate bid to see if grandma/pa would babysit, despite their fight on the 15th.

When she couldn't get ahold of them (or they wouldn't answer), she decided to use the chloroform (which may not have been the first time), and that night when she and Tony went to get movies Caylee was probably out cold in the trunk. Perhaps, choroform was for the quick knockout, but maybe some pills/cold meds were given to her to keep her down. It is the combination of drugs that probably killed her that evening while in the trunk.

She discovered late that night or in the early morning that she was dead and disposed of her temporarally in the A's backyard on the 17th. She went back the next day on the 18th (shovel day), and disposed of her either that day or in the early morning hours of the 19th. So decomp was at that point entered into the car at 2.5 days roughly. There is nothing to say that she couldn't have had 1/2 decomp prior to the 2.5 day mark, just that the makeup of the gases, were gases that are produced by a corpse at about 2.5 days.

The stink may not have started saturating into the inside of the car itself from the trunk until a few days after that, hence the statement to AH regarding the animal smell. Prior to that, it may not have smelled unless you opened the trunk.

GA, should have smelled the decomp if he got anywhere near the car on the 24th I would think, unless Casey was able to cover the smell with gasoline maybe?

As time went on, the smell got stronger rather than dissipating as was witnessed by the awful smell still coming from the car weeks later.

you could be on to something here. Maybe the night of the 15th when she spoke to TonE for so long and the text messages at 3am, he let her know in no uncertain terms that having Caylee around may be a problem...

I have to wonder if half the jury will also have no faith in the test results.

I wouldn't be so concerned about the jury, the body farm results OR this poll - this poll is not exactly scientific, and we surely don't have all the information that the jury will AND you can see by the comments, many people are not entirely clear on what the forensics mean.

That is exactly why these polls do hold some value -- we get an idea of how people are thinking...and if those of us who have been knee-deep in this case are still fuzzy on the forensics, imagine what a jury might think...

There is NO evidence whatsoever that there was a fight on June 15th. She was making phone calls from the house, so obviously she did not leave the house that night. She was making phone calls from her house from midnight to noon on the 16th.

The GCMS which tests the levels of gas in the air is not a new test, the LIBS test is fairly new, they are two very different tests. The LIBS test measured the elements calcium and magnesium, not gases.

The reason the odour was bad and got worse was because the fluids leaked from the carpet TO the trunk liner, which are two different things. The trunk liner is under the carpet.

I think Casey buried Caylee somewhere around June 19 but then went and dug her up and put her in the trunk and moved her further away.

There is NO evidence whatsoever that there was a fight on June 15th. She was making phone calls from the house, so obviously she did not leave the house that night. She was making phone calls from her house from midnight to noon on the 16th.

The GCMS which tests the levels of gas in the air is not a new test, the LIBS test is fairly new, they are two very different tests. The LIBS test measured the elements calcium and magnesium, not gases.

The reason the odour was bad and got worse was because the fluids leaked from the carpet TO the trunk liner, which are two different things. The trunk liner is under the carpet.

If these fluids are present in the car where is the DNA test that shows it is Caylee instead of the single hair that cannot be proven to be Caylees as it only has the mitochondrial DNA, but requires the conclusion that because Casey is alive than it must be Caylees?

This is so morbid, I hate to even bring it up, but it's been on my mind, so...
I believe the body farm evidence, if not exact, is probably pretty accurate...it's science, although maybe new and cutting edge...however, my question is about the other samples in their database. The larger their database grows, the more accurate their information is likely to be assuming we're comparing apples to apples...
But I'm willing to bet most of the information in their database is from deceased adult humans. Children's bodies are different. They're smaller, for one, and also more "baby fat", right? I'm no scientist, so I don't know if this is something that could/would affect the decomp estimate. It's so sad to even write, but if it's true, it's one of those things that the investigators should consider - if the gases from the trunk are consistent with 2.6 days at the rate an adult body would decompose, and that a child's body may decompose at a faster/slower rate....

Also what I've been wondering too is about all the stuff in the forensics report about gasoline. I guess we're assuming this is because the gas cans were also in the trunk. But I'm wondering if maybe she was pouring gas in the trunk to kill the smell every few days...George busts her with the gas cans, so that option is gone, and without the gas, the smell in the trunk keeps getting worse, and now she has to dump the car?? If you look at her cell pings, she wasn't driving much, some days not at all, and some days she seems to have had TonE's car, so why did she need so much gas otherwise? Also, it would explain why George didn't smell anything in the trunk the day he busted her...she was handing him gas cans, so if he smelled gas, it wouldn't seem out of the ordinary.

This is so morbid, I hate to even bring it up, but it's been on my mind, so...
I believe the body farm evidence, if not exact, is probably pretty accurate...it's science, although maybe new and cutting edge...however, my question is about the other samples in their database. The larger their database grows, the more accurate their information is likely to be assuming we're comparing apples to apples...
But I'm willing to bet most of the information in their database is from deceased adult humans. Children's bodies are different. They're smaller, for one, and also more "baby fat", right? I'm no scientist, so I don't know if this is something that could/would affect the decomp estimate. It's so sad to even write, but if it's true, it's one of those things that the investigators should consider - if the gases from the trunk are consistent with 2.6 days at the rate an adult body would decompose, and that a child's body may decompose at a faster/slower rate....

Also what I've been wondering too is about all the stuff in the forensics report about gasoline. I guess we're assuming this is because the gas cans were also in the trunk. But I'm wondering if maybe she was pouring gas in the trunk to kill the smell every few days...George busts her with the gas cans, so that option is gone, and without the gas, the smell in the trunk keeps getting worse, and now she has to dump the car?? If you look at her cell pings, she wasn't driving much, some days not at all, and some days she seems to have had TonE's car, so why did she need so much gas otherwise? Also, it would explain why George didn't smell anything in the trunk the day he busted her...she was handing him gas cans, so if he smelled gas, it wouldn't seem out of the ordinary.

Those are some great questions. I hope someone can answer them, especially the first one.

its not clear if she was still at home......at first the A's all three of them were wrong on the last day they seen Caylee.....and LA house pings at the same tower as the A's and she could have even parked somewhere that still pinged at that tower...and just stayed in the car for the night....just a thought....Im not saying whe wasnt home....but there is some holes in it....

oh...I wanted to add also that CA said that KC LEFT to ( find her self or be a better mom) something to that effect...sorry I dont have time to find it.....but that KC needed time away.....that tells me there is something to the story of the big fight....also GA says that his daughter wont let them see their grandaughter.....why would he think that if they didnt have some kind of falling out.....just my thoughts on the big fight...

I knew I had heard this also, it was an interview I think from the bond hearing. I have searched everywhere and cannot locate the video but I did fing this article.
http://www.wftv.com/news/17053323/detail.html

"There was a bag of pizza for like 12 days in the trunk of the car full of maggots. It stunk so bad, you know how hot it's been," Cindy Anthony.

Thanks I knew it! But thanks for finding that for me. I think LE mentioned it as well either in an interview or statement,..something

I believe KC disposed of her within a few days. I do not believe KC would move her body after it started decomposing. Don't know if anyone has seen a body a week after it's dead but its not something you want to pick up and move around.

I believe KC disposed of her within a few days. I do not believe KC would move her body after it started decomposing. Don't know if anyone has seen a body a week after it's dead but its not something you want to pick up and move around.

Exactly, thank you! There is bloating and skin slippage, fluid leakage from most orifaces. I apologize for the graphic imagery. KC would have had a day or two at the most before she would have had to wrap the body or place the body in something. I think the backyard hits were from transference of fluids off of either KC, the gas cans or perhaps cloths she used to try to clean up the body fluids.

I've had some experience with dead bodies from when I worked in a hospital many years ago and from several relatives but none that have been deceased more than 12 hours. The people that passed due to old age and/or illness like cancer, there was an odor apparent within an hour. Leakage from orifaces began almost immediately after death. On the younger ones where death was due to an OD or car accident, I never experienced any odor even up to four hours after death. Just my personal experience of course.

I voted the 19th, I believe Caylee was murdered by Casey on the 16th, put into the trunk, and then tossed in a dumpster on the 19th JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey