Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #18 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This evening I am directing my prayers to Antolin where he sits in jail, and I'm asking those of you who can or wish to, to do the same. Let our prayers embrace him, and let him know that no matter what evil drove him to do this horrible act(s), that his soul can be saved by surrending to his Supreme Being, however he defines that.

I know it's hard to pray for someone who has done evil, but we need Antolin to know we are praying for him, and know that he will be released from the hell he is in when he does the right thing. The burden will be lifted. There is such a thing as legal coaching, and then there is such a thing as taking "coaching" from a higher source. I pray he will hear, and do the right thing. There is no rest or peace for the unrepentant.

Maybe I am just a pessimist or a cynic...but I have always believed that Stacey Peterson, Laci Peterson, Susan Powell, etc. etc. etc. were dead the very day they were known to be missing. And in Susan and Stacey's case, LE was very hesitant to bring charges. LE almost never brings about a "no body" case when the victim has been missing for such a short time. Time passing is one of the elements of the case.

Even as a cynic...I DO have great faith in LE overall, only occasionally proved wrong by specific incidents or personnel. I think this was a huge step for LE to take at this time in Sierra's case and believe they have much more than we know as of yet. What I worry about is the long-term, if Sierra is never found-if this family and her friends will ever truly accept her being gone. And especially her family, who will need to come to terms before any trial.

JMOJMOJMO

True...you know we had a case here in Jamaica, whereby a travel writer in her 20's never returned back to her hotel room one day, and it was discovered by hotel management the following morning (after her co-worker who was here with her, reported it) -- that she hadn't slept in the room the night before....turns out she had been hanging out with a bartender from the said hotel - and there was some evidence of "hits" in the bartender's car and house when USA LE took over the investigation and sent down special dogs. The bartender in question failed two polygragh tests, but the case never went ahead, I am not even sure why - perhaps as no body was ever found. Her name is Claudia Kirschhoch and went missing in May 2000 from Negril, Jamaica.

I know for a fact, that her parents still believe she is alive, as up to this day - no body has been discovered. It was and is a tragic situation, and it was all over the news at the time. It is known as an unsolved case. I feel so sorry for her parents as they have never given up hope and it must be simply horrific NOT to have had the closure....

Catching up here again, but IF this body was dressed in pajama bottoms and a t-shirt and IF Sierra was tracked by the dogs to HALF way down her street .. not likely it would be her, would it? JMO and apologize if someone posted this already.

Interesting construction from the relatives, jinger, if they are saying his traces are on Sierra's belongings because he stole an item or items from the Juicy sac. Problem is, it was actual "skin fragments" he left behind, such as you would find under a victim's nails, for e.g. If he was handling that sac on his own, he would not have left skin fragments on her clothes or other articles.

It was Uvas searchers began with when reservoirs and lakes were targeted many weeks ago. A.G.-T. fishes there and said so, plus residue from the area may have been found in the Jetta on April 7. I only mention it because the q. was asked as to how long Uvas has been a focus.

Catching up here again, but IF this body was dressed in pajama bottoms and a t-shirt and IF Sierra was tracked by the dogs to HALF way down her street .. not likely it would be her, would it? JMO and apologize if someone posted this already.

I agree and do not think this will be Sierra...although these days...don't some kids wear PJ bottoms as pants? And maybe they have a "casual Friday"?
Whoever she is, with blue nail polish, she is probably relatively young, ie under 40, would be my guess. JMO

Aha. Before all I saw was a giant mushroom lol

What's creepy is that next to the grim reaper/grave stone it says s*** happens - the same thing that he typed under the photo of an animal being killed by another.

There's a bunch of pictures within the picture and I can't make them all out. And there's something written over the mushroom, but I can't tell what.

Is there a link to the statement of facts?

Plus, even if he thinks she's not dead, his comments don't help the prosecution and the LE who have been working on this non-stop.

In my opinion, he, of course, can express to the parents his belief that she's not dead, but the public comment could have been skipped or he could have worded it in a different way. Right now it looks like, even he, doesn't have faith in the investigation in to her disappearance and the arrest of the personal responsible, even though I'm sure it's not what he meant.

Of course, his words could have been taken out of context, as we all know, news reporting in today's world isn't 100% accurate.

JMO

This is exactly what I was trying to get across when I posted the article this morning. This article and the words in it, will not be HELPING the prosecution with their case.. If things like this are allowed into Trial It brings on a WORLD Of reasonable doubt for jurors, I really am quickly losing faith in the case that they have. Its not what I want to happen but it's certainly the direction that my opinion is taking. I just pray they find her soon so that they can prove what they are accusing him of.

I don't really think that makes a difference. Missing is missing. Elizabeth wasn't able to text, get on the internet, socialize, etc...I just hope they got something better than that on AGT.

Yea but Elizabeth Smart's kidnapper was not already caught and sitting in jail.

I agree and do not think this will be Sierra...although these days...don't some kids wear PJ bottoms as pants? And maybe they have a "casual Friday"?
Whoever she is, with blue nail polish, she is probably relatively young, ie under 40, would be my guess. JMO

Sierra doesn't seem like one who would wear pajamas to school, I only say that because why would someone who's so fixated on their hair and makeup bother wearing pajama bottoms, you know? Also, I don't think pajama pants are allowed in school or at least at my daughters' school. Could have been spirit week though.

Marc K. is putting confusing statements out there...the other day, he was talking about how Sierra needs to be found so that the perp could not make a deal by giving up where her body is...now he is indicating that she could be alive??

He knows how LE works-does he really think they would charge this guy with murder just for the heck of it? I don't think he should be raising the hopes of the family at this time. JMO

I hear what you are saying but in this particular case, I'm starting to wonder what LE is doing. I live in the bay area and I really feel Morgan Hill PD are just not equipped for this type of case. I feel that they are not as experienced with this type of crime and they might be jumping the gun.

Like I've said a billion times, from what I have read and seen they don't have much of a case. They have clearly stated there is NO BLOOD EVIDENCE and NO MURDER WEAPON, CRIME SCENE or CAUSE OF DEATH DETERMINED. That leaves them with only minimal things they could have to prove that AGT was even with Sierra. Things like Mitocondrial DNA and Skin cells, which we all know don't usually hold up well when there is NO BODY and multiple ways in which those things could have gotten where they are.

AGT's supposed cousin on twitter has already been spilling out AGT's defense by saying he found Sierras purse and took something from it and put it in his car, and that is how her DNA and his skin cells got where they are. I am afraid that he may really be using this as his defense and if skin cells is all the DNA they have.. well thats not looking to solid to me.

This is just my opinion though and LE may have a video or something more concrete. I do know they also said they have DIRECT EVIDENCE as well as circumstancial and Direct Evidence is usually eye witnesses and video footage etc. things that CANNOT be refuted.

Only time will tell, I suppose.

I was looking at the old myspace of ATG's, at the pic of the ocean and the handprints on sand. I was wondering if any local could chime in on what route would head toward the closest ocean beach. You know, like what road locals might use for a easy beach trip TIA

I sorta see 3 main ways, but curious what locals would think.
don't hyperventilate, I am not actually suggesting the ocean to search...I don't think

Oh wow, it just occurred to me. If the LE are asking the public to check properties in East Santa Cruz County, there are sloughs in Watsonville. Big ones. Elkhorn Slough, which oddly has a small boat ramp/dock in a very gang-infested area off Hall Road called Las Lomas and Las Lomas can actually be reached quite easily from Highway 101 South. Just thought about it over dinner....sort of random...sorry, just wanted to get that out there before I forgot. A

I hear what you are saying but in this particular case, I'm starting to wonder what LE is doing. I live in the bay area and I really feel Morgan Hill PD are just not equipped for this type of case. I feel that they are not as experienced with this type of crime and they might be jumping the gun.

Like I've said a billion times, from what I have read and seen they don't have much of a case. They have clearly stated there is NO BLOOD EVIDENCE and NO MURDER WEAPON, CRIME SCENE or CAUSE OF DEATH DETERMINED. That leaves them with only minimal things they could have to prove that AGT was even with Sierra. Things like Mitocondrial DNA and Skin cells, which we all know don't usually hold up well when there is NO BODY and multiple ways in which those things could have gotten where they are.

AGT's supposed cousin on twitter has already been spilling out AGT's defense by saying he found Sierras purse and took something from it and put it in his car, and that is how her DNA and his skin cells got where they are. I am afraid that he may really be using this as his defense and if skin cells is all the DNA they have.. well thats not looking to solid to me.

This is just my opinion though and LE may have a video or something more concrete. I do know they also said they have DIRECT EVIDENCE as well as circumstancial and Direct Evidence is usually eye witnesses and video footage etc. things that CANNOT be refuted.

Only time will tell, I suppose.

BBM

MHPD is not handling this case.

Does anyone know where the court reporter/neighbor of Sierra's went? It shows her twitter account as "not found".

I think she has changed her name. I follow her and she follows me and I do see a name change.

I was looking at the old myspace of ATG's, at the pic of the ocean and the handprints on sand. I was wondering if any local could chime in on what route on would head toward the closest ocean beach. You know, like what road locals might use for a easy beach trip TIA

don't hyperventilate, I am not actually suggesting the ocean to search...I don't think

You can head down 101 and cross over to highway one and be at the Monterey/Sand City/Marina beaches in about an hour. If you hit 101 South to Gilroy and go over Hecker Pass, you can be out at Pajaro Dunes in about 45 minutes or so. Add another 15 minutes if you head North and go to beaches in Aptos, Capitola area.

I was born and raised in Santa Cruz County , lived in San Jose and Monterey, have friends and family in Gilroy/Morgan Hill area so I know the areas so I know this area really well. Also lived in Salinas, Watsonville, Campbell...and I used to LOVE the beach!

Edited a second time to add: In the morning, at the time of year Sierra went missing, many of the beaches in South Santa Cruz County are pretty desolate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave