Dirty Dancing 20 Years.....

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2007-04-23-dirty-dancing_N.htm

I love this movie. Did anyone go to the movies to see the Re-Release? I did not but I watch it whenever its on and its been on for a month now! I cant believe its been 20 years. I was 12 when it came out. Man I feel old.

:laugh: :laugh: You were just a baby when you watched it. You mean your mom let you see all that "dirty dancing"!!!

I'm not as young as you but I loved the movie - still do. The poconos are exactly as depicted. The music was fantastic.:dance:
:doh: I would rather see that dirty dancing than what we see on MTV now! LOL

I was 11 and remember going to see it and wondering what the big deal with Patrick Swayze was. Now, 20 years later, I get it. He was one fine looking man. Is he stilll?:blushing:

My mom went to the movies with her friend to see it and I was so mad!! She would not let me go, we did rent it and watch it later on. I love it.
You are right SCM "Nobody puts baby in the corner" LOL....DH and I use that line every once in awhile and crack up.

"Dirty Dancing" is one of my all time favorites! I can't count how many times I've watched it. I love Patrick Swayze, always have. Another good one to watch is "One Last Dance" w/ Swayze and his wife Lisa Niemi. I enjoy watching "Dancing w/ the Stars" when I can, but the dance Swayze and his wife do in the movie is by far one of the best ever! Giving it a perfect score doesn't seem enough, it's that good! Now I wish I had the time to sit down and enjoy both of these great movies, but too much to do w/ the end of the school year in 3 wks.

"Dirty Dancing" is one of my all time favorites! I can't count how many times I've watched it. I love Patrick Swayze, always have. Another good one to watch is "One Last Dance" w/ Swayze and his wife Lisa Niemi. I enjoy watching "Dancing w/ the Stars" when I can, but the dance Swayze and his wife do in the movie is by far one of the best ever! Giving it a perfect score doesn't seem enough, it's that good! Now I wish I had the time to sit down and enjoy both of these great movies, but too much to do w/ the end of the school year in 3 wks.
His wife seems really nice. They have been married forever. I hear they never had kids either. They seem to really just enjoy one another. :blushing:

Really love the movie, have watched it umpteen times and it still gives me goosebumps.:clap:

I am going to be so unpopular..
I HATED THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!

It was totally awful the first time.

I am going to be so unpopular..
I HATED THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!

It was totally awful the first time.
:slap: LOL, Just kidding. Hey I hate alot of movies that people love, everyone is different.

:slap: LOL, Just kidding. Hey I hate alot of movies that people love, everyone is different.
So true michelle, I dont like star wars or pretty much any sci fi movies, and they are very popular movies. My all time favourite is Remember the Titans, the movie was superb and the soundtrack fantastic.:woohoo:

So true michelle, I dont like star wars or pretty much any sci fi movies, and they are very popular movies. My all time favourite is Remember the Titans, the movie was superb and the soundtrack fantastic.:woohoo:
I hate star wars or any sci fi as well. I do like Remember the Titans. I cant wait to see "We are Marshall" with Matthew McCoughnay" I love Football Movies. DH loves Rudy.

I hate star wars or any sci fi as well. I do like Remember the Titans. I cant wait to see "We are Marshall" with Matthew McCoughnay" I love Football Movies. DH loves Rudy.
Havent heard of any of those movies, but it takes a while for them to come out in Australia....Matthew McCoughnay, what a honey, he is so cute. I love girly flicks, sometimes I get together with my girls and we watch a good girly movie, love it.:dance: :clap:

Havent heard of any of those movies, but it takes a while for them to come out in Australia....Matthew McCoughnay, what a honey, he is so cute. I love girly flicks, sometimes I get together with my girls and we watch a good girly movie, love it.:dance: :clap:
Isnt he a hottie...:blushing: You would probably like this movie, its based on the Football team that was killed in a plane crash. I cant wait to see it. http://wearemarshall-themovie.warnerbros.com/

20 years old? Man, oh man, I feel OLD now!!!! I must have been 16 when it came out, yeah, that sounds right.

I enjoyed the movie the first time,but Patti makes me watch it again and again whenever its on lol--I was sorry to hear that Jerry Orbach died recently--He played the doctor

both "baby's" mom and dad in the film did well in TV after this movie. kelly bishop played the mom, and she is now the mother on Gilmore Girls. and the aforementioned jerry orbach was an absolute legend. i cried for days after he passed away, and i still can't watch Law & Order.

Patrick Swayze still looks pretty good IMO. I too liked the movie very much.

Also, just LOVED Patrick Swayze and the fat guy on Saturday Night Live (Sorry I cannot remember his name. He died of drug overdose.) in the skit where they are Chippendale dancers. Soooo funny!

Patrick Swayze still looks pretty good IMO. I too liked the movie very much.

Also, just LOVED Patrick Swayze and the fat guy on Saturday Night Live (Sorry I cannot remember his name. He died of drug overdose.) in the skit where they are Chippendale dancers. Soooo funny!

Wasn't that Chris Farley... ?

I love DIRTY DANCING...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member