GUILTY CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #2

Reprinted with permission

BB was acting strange AGAIN..I wonder if that girl found the fingernail in her hair last night....He chewed a fingernail and spit it out, it landed in the girl's hair..eeeww then he picked a zit on his neck, then he chewed his nails again, he could not sit still again, his fingers in his nose, mouth, underarms I was not close enough to see if they were anywhere else....he is so gross....he stared at us on a few occations, the first time is when we came in, I stared him back with a stupid look and he turned away...the second time he TRIED to stare Nurse down, she held her ground and won the stare contest! you go girl!!! the grandmother also did not like the fact we we were there either....

I did get scolded by the Judge because I had my hand to my mouth telling TGT something, you could not hear us but you could see I was saying something, so Judge said "could you ladies stop talking please" he did not say it mean or anything but I was like, damn you have a farting Attorney, somebody fidgeting in there seat spitting fingernails all over the court room floor and people, a lamkin that is noisey to beat the band and a meth addict that can't sit down for a second (the woman that was arrested bf)...and you tell us something for our hands covering our face wispering....I forgot he got mad at the starting of the days cases...Attorneys were chewing gum and he said if Anyone is chewing gun spit it out now! the attorneys spit theirs out and the Bailiff held a trash can for some that were in the gallery. so he was having a off day, I still like him, he has a great attitude most of the time.

At 11:30 they bring in this girl (lady really) with cornrows........skinny, petit, dark hair and pale skin, she has a smirk on her face and is moving her head around, acting black. .....we all think it is SB with conrows again! what the heck happened to her, she is way worse then last time, we are all looking at each other like what the hell is up with her?...she looks worse then bad, she changed that much in a few weeks?.......the judge calls her by name. and it was Dominique.....wow, wow...her and SB could be twins....she was being held for child abuse, Meth and alcohol abuse...wow, is all we could keep saying. it was a shock!

They bring SB in she is looking bad, she does not look at anyone in the gallery today, Not even BB, He has his head down the whole time she is in court! she carries a folder full of papers with her, they are for Mr. Suffercation. although he is in another courtroom, the Judge calls and asks if another attorney can stand in for him and accept the papers...they agree Brandon Henderson Atty can stand in for him, the set the next date for 10/26 as it was said that the state was not ready to proceed that they were still in DISCOVERY....(that is what PD told Judge when he was in the court earlier).

Kelly Comer was not in court either so another DA agreed to the new date.

Outside the court some woman....tells me that her daughter or daughter in law works with BB (and knows his brother) and he is a good guy...(YEAH) she goes on to say that he is estranged by his family.. they don't talk to him! she also said that everyone at work calls him.....wait for it......WOODY! I think the first time I said anything about him I said he looks like Woody Harrelson (sp) from Cheers....LOL, I guess so does everyone else!

We will be there on the 26th to bring you all more of the "never a dull moment in Judge Zackey's court" drama.

SM best friend is now the BFF of a couple of the peeps who go into court. She posted and suggested the trial scheduled to start in 20 days will be delayed because the judges have too many parties to attend over the holidays. or something

I think they will go foreward with the case this year, she has had the tests the PD had her take and the results are now in his hands so they might not prolong the case. I heard JZ say next date would be 20 of 60 so I think that has something to do with the date of trial...I just can't remember right now what it is exactly. I know you can't say too much but is it true what that lady told us, BB'S family won't talk to him anymore? if yes, is it because of SB? I hear she has had some nice Boyfriends in her life, why did she get so infatuated with this guy? he is just so strange in court..from what I have heard he use to be real normal in high school, he was on the football team and got ok grades, he is a food handler at a local food place, I won't say the name...but his unclean habits in the court make me not want to go there....besides If he reconized us he might do something to our food for being critical of him.

Sorry I can't get excited over sm bff for one she still thinks she is innocent. So s m PD was in another court room so not there to take the papers from her. There is speculation these were the psychological (Sorry) tests she had done. That her atty is going to try to prove she has schizophrenia. Yeah, good luck with that. I guess she has the kind that shows up while she kills her kid and then goes away, transient schitzo. Although with her running in looking all happy to be a live one month then tripping over her lower lip the next who knows.

Greetings!! What a month it has been. The SA and PD were both in court today, both hashing out what they each want the other to provide, before the next court date set for Dec 7th.

I was hoping Gitana had posted by now, if she was able to go, maybe she was waiting for me!! IDK. I hope no one minds I'm going to wait a bit before posting the others notes, as they were not finished hashing somethings out at this time. I know there was a review of charges, but I don't know what the charges are. Someone more experience than I, is reviewing them before posting them. There was an older case mentioned, one that went to the supreme court. Not sure of the relevance, best I know there were no psych claims brought in today. (Guess she passed her crazy tests!!)

I can tell you S. M. is once again acting like a poor, lost soul. Didn't look well and averted her eyes, didn't make contact with anyone. It does seem that reality has sunk in. The 5 weeks she spent doing the party scene, immediately following the death of her precious angel; appears to be catching up to her. Her behavior in those weeks and the false confession My guess is she is still not feeling any pain over the loss of her baby or over the devastation of her family.

My guess is she is sorry she didn't make up a better story to tell the cops who were first on the scene. 5 hours after she left precious Emma covered by grass along side the freeway like yesterdays garbage.

So far there has been nothing leaked about anything in her favor. In yesterdays hearing something came up , I have an idea but nothing in writing, so err on the side of caution. I believe I'll have a couple updates in the next couple days.

Hi Guys and Gals

Not trying to be suspenseful; the information I learned about the hearing may or may not mean anything. It will most likely not effect anything or anyone in this case. Because it doesn't pertain to Emma or sb I'd rather not publish it on line / in public (again....)

The reason is two fold. One, it is several years old and 2, because it will reopen a painful situation for someone I consider a good friend, unnecessarily. IMO

Anyone who wants to pm to discuss the likely hood is fine. I'm not trying to keep anything from anyone I just don't want to reopen any sores or put anything in public that may not be used in court anyway. (If the judge allows it, I'll put it out here too.)

Thanks for understanding. :innocent:

Here you go, to make it up to you. BB is still coming to the hearings, but take a peek at what's missing from his favorite social network!!:croc:

http://www.myspace.com/18026557

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for all of your updates and coverage, missmybaby. You are an angel :blowkiss: I feel like I desserted poor Emma although not a day goes by that I don't think of her. I am thankful for all of you that are providing updates.

Thank you so much for all of your updates and coverage, missmybaby. You are an angel :blowkiss: I feel like I desserted poor Emma although not a day goes by that I don't think of her. I am thankful for all of you that are providing updates.

LJ I don't feel like you have deserted Emma for a second. Keep doing what you've been doing!! (((HUGS))) I'll get a hold of you if anything changes. For the last several months all we've done is hurry up and wait.

bumping Emma sweet angel baby

Thank you to Lovejac for having this thread in her signature line, I have read through this forum and am so saddened for the B family, esp NB as this seems to have hit him hard in ways that he is willing to express. I remember seeing a few details on this case when this first happened, but didn't even end up hearing of SBs arrest! I will be watching and waiting for the 7th....

Missmybaby and Gitana - any news from the courtroom? The court date could've been postponed for all I know....

Just popping in to check on what happened in the court room today. I can't find anything in the news (not much of a shock)

Dear Emma, how I wish you were decorating Christmas trees, baking goodies with your grandmother, singing Christmas songs and feeling the excitement of Santa's impending arrival. I'm sending prayers for your family that loved you and are missing you during this beautiful holiday.

Not even one news article?? Was there any court appearance by SB on 12/7/09?

Hey Everyone,
The court day was a bust.Nothing happened, Mr. Suffercation had a meeting with SB and thought it would be wise to go for a new date..since Kelly Comer DDA was Ill....new date is 12/17 and we will be there RAIN (like today) or shine, so some people should just GET OVER IT and stop pointing at us, like we are the one's that did something to be ashamed of, it is the other way around! Like always both Grandfathers, Grandmother and BB attended, they don't like us at all! there were wispers and fingers pointing more then a few times during the day. I don't care what they think, I WILL NOT STOP COMING FOR HER HEARINGS! it is like they are trying to shame us from coming by talking about us and doing grade school things that they think bother us....WE have to laugh, older but not grown up yet!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks again to Toria, A Nurse and TGT for being there for Sweet Emma.
:blushing: I apologize for not getting this over here sooner, my mind is just going in too many directions at once right now. Much thanks to hellinor for the little nudge! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thank you for the update missmybaby. I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would have a problem with you guys being there. If I were a family member of Emma, I would be touched that her short life affected complete strangers. Maybe its easier for them to be upset with you guys than their daughter.

We here appreciate the effort you guys make :blowkiss:

If I were a family member of Emma, I would be touched that her short life affected complete strangers. Maybe its easier for them to be upset with you guys than their daughter.

ITA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the update, and if I were in California instead of Canada (oh geez do I wish in this weather) I'd be right there with you!

thank you for the update missmybaby. I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would have a problem with you guys being there. If I were a family member of Emma, I would be touched that her short life affected complete strangers. Maybe its easier for them to be upset with you guys than their daughter.

We here appreciate the effort you guys make :blowkiss:

Thank you for the thanks. You all know this is a labor of love, for Emma. Twin, Nurse and Toria have not missed a single hearing there was any possibility of going to. 2 of the 3 have turned up for every hearing, Nurse hadn't had a single day off from work in 21 days straight and she used her requested day off to be at the hearing! Twin has to find baby sitters when the hearing is on a day that school is not in session and Toria will be battling snow to get there very soon, but she will be there.

hellinor I hear you about the weather, I have spent my whole life in the general LA area just out of the valley, closer to the beach; until we moved to the high desert a couple years ago. It's cold up in these hills!!

The looks and comments from the family started after the "writers" started writing some personal remarks about a couple of the people who show up in court.

I deleted most of them before bringing the stories here. I didn't think they had anything to do with Emma, sb or what happened. They were of a personal nature like hygiene and not eating at this persons place of business for fear of what would be put in the food. It turned into a little tit 4 tat a few months ago, when it appeared the person being "talked about" started some retaliation-trolling. Eventually someone who knew the person (as a patron in his business) showed up on the Emma site and explained the person they were writing about was none of the things being said.

Basically the comments would not have flown very well here, even the ones that were just remarks on the person's behavior in court (what I called odd nervous ticks) went past being cute to being intentionally hurtful IMO. So I deleted most of them.

It has pretty much died down. But the end results was Emma's Great Grandparents who show up at every hearing, now treat the writers with disdain instead of just being accepted as people who want justice for Emma.

With the exception of personal remarks we share about our own family members, the comments about this other person, are the only cuts I've made the reports are complete as written.

I apologize if they have been confusing for the last couple months, not much has happened and a lot of the dialog has turned into comments about Twins little girl who joins them for lunch and Nurse who had some family visiting.

I'm guessing it will pick back up after the trial actually starts. I'm not sure who will do the writing of those, but I will be there if there is any way possible, for at least some of the dates after the first of the year and for the sentencing!!

BB and Emma's great grand parents have been to every hearing. s b's bff AB has stopped showing but still says she doesn't believe s b intentionally smothered Emma, Emma's bio-dad and paternal gma haven't been in some time either.

s b's parents and brothers have not been to a hearing since the police officer read some of s b's comments from the night emma disappeared. s b telling the cops she didn't want emma to end up pregnant young and "stuck" living with her mother, I guess it was (understandably) more than the family could take.

This came out the same day the report that s b admitted to LEO's that she smothered Emma, just claiming it was an accident when she gave Emma a baggie to play with, knew it was in her mouth when she covered Emma with a blanket to play peek a boo(!) and held her hand over Emma's mouth, until Emma stopped beating on her arm. All this while driving down one of the busiest FWY's in So Calif at rush hour, but it was an accident. After hearing this and sb's atty admitting she had said this the DDA had a hard time with the not guilty plea.

Copied with permission

Hi all. Court today was boring...we were asked to leave the courtroom due to court business Judge Zacky is still on vacation so another Judge was hearing his cases, ..soon he was gone and Judge Chung came to hear the more Important cases .

Broke for lunch and went back at 1:30 they had us sitting in the hall until after 2:30, while we were waiting in the hall we talked to the local newspaper reporter, Mystery Man...his name is Craig.. he was Interesting and wanted to know why we follow this case, we told him it was because of the heartless way SB discarded Emma! we talked for a long while, nice guy was glad to meet him.

SB was up next...Nurse said she looked FINE and was laughing and talking to Dagger, not even trying to look at her BF or Family. Dagger made a motion that SB be allowed to have thermals in Jail. humpppp must be cold in that jail, she should be lucky for now because the pits of hell are hot and licking at her back.

The DA made a motion for the PD'S office to give up the witness list. The PD said he was not as Interested in what he had Judge Z compell the state for, that could wait.....does he think what we all did? that it won't work (discredit) someone. We all know Dagger likes Judge Z, maybe because he is like I said before...Easy going! a far cry from Judge Chung. so it just figured that he was going to ask for a continuance until Judge Z comes back from vacation. HE DID...so the new date is 12/29, sure the last 2 hearings have been a waste of time....we don't care we will be there on the new date! So the only thing we found out today is that woman's county jail is cold...LOL.

12/17 By Toria!

:santa:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:santa:

The PD said he was not as Interested in what he had Judge Z compell the state for, that could wait. (I am going to get a little clarification on this comment from Toria or Nurse)

The comments re PD Dagger and Judge "Z" Zacky, so far Judge Chung has sat in for Judge Zacky, any time he has been out on sb's hearing days; and Dagger makes no bones about his dislike for Judge Chung.

My take on Chung has been he is a no fooling around type Judge, if he was was presiding over this we would have been moving by now. That is not a pot shot at Judge Z, he actually reminds me a little of Judge Strickland in Orlando who is my all time favorite. But he's a little more go with the flow kinda guy.

At one of the hearings Chung presided over, the DA asked Dagger a question and without answering the DA, Dagger flat out wanted to know when Judge Z would be returning!

I don't know what his deal is, but Dagger has a real problem with authority figures in general. He dislikes Judge Chung and has been rude to the DDA at times too. That's all she gave us today! If she can explain the comment I'll bring it over here. if not I'll have more after the 29th.

:star:Happy Holiday's to All of Emma's Hero's.:eek:rnament:
:menorah:You Know Who You Are!:xmastree:
:+:_:+:_:+:_:+:_:+:_:+:_:+:_:+:_:+:_:+:_:+:_:+:_:+:_:+:_:+:_:+:

Does anyone have an update? The gals who go to court have posted nothing, I received a PM last week saying the trial date was about to be announced. Nothing since.

I hope all is well with everyone and hope you had a wonderful Christmas and now a blessed New Year to all. I'll post what I get when I get it!.

Please help Emma get justice:

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form1.html?18

To Nancy Grace:

This past March a precious baby girl named Emma Barker, was murdered and dumped along an LA freeway, allegedly by her mother.

Nancy did a couple segments when her mother stacey was arrested, 6 weeks after the crime. There has been no news coverage regarding the hearings, save what some friends and I have blogged after attending the hearings together.

Please suggest to Nancy to do an update. While most people including friends and apparently family seem to believe stacey aka smother momster murdered her baby, a few people close to her still believe her to be innocent, even after telling the sheriff's dept she did this but it was an accident. How you accidently hold your hand over the mouth of your 18 month old baby until she no longer beats her little hands trying to fight you off is beyond my comprehension.

The trial should be starting shortly please help see that Emma gets justice, by covering or at the very least up dating this horrific crime.

Sincerely "LCM"

Reprinted with permission.

12/31 We did attend court and nothing much happened because the PD had just handed the DDA what he wanted to be heard on, Cromer being the great lady she is said NO WAY You just handed me these motions and I have not had time to go over them, she was maaaddd..good going girl!!!

The PD said he wanted to "run the Pitchess" motion at the next court date....he also said he had gotten the "discovery from the DA on Christmas eve and did not have time to review the files" Cormer shot out, Judge, I have proof that the files were in his office at 9 am and he had time to review them!

Judge Z said that they will also do the other motion on the next date and to give Cormer the witness list, she was shaking her head then said to another DA that was there, there is no addresses on anyone on this list, so it is fair to say she was not happy.

SB came out and had her hair in 2 french braids, smiled at her boyfriend and sat down.

SB'S JAW FELL TO THE GROUND, When Cormer said she was still waiting for some videos and the JAILHOUSE BEHAVIOR REPORT....that the IO was out for the week but she would get it when they came back from vacation....she just looked like WHAT THE F.. right after that Dagger PD asked the Judge if he could have her placed in the interview room...I think neither of them knew she was being watched, in the form of her behavior and attiutude while in jail.. that is going to be interesting...

I am going to try to find out the other motions that Dagger wants to put in the record.
Stay tuned.... Toria

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back