2011.06.28 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright! Alright! Stop making fun of the mock juror, people! We have rules about that kind of thing!

My guess regarding AF is that she will be the one questioning Casey Anthony. I believe they tried the incompetent to stand trial so she wouldn't take the stand but when they got word that the court would rule she was competent, AF was brought in.

I have no doubt that if Casey takes the stand, AF will be the one. Not Baez.

:rocker: Yep ... that's what I was thinking -- Anne is there for a reason.

I would think they would want a "female" to question ICA "if" and "when" she takes the stand ... and AF is the "most" competent attorney out the bunch.

ICA will take the stand in the "Penalty Phase" ... waiting to see if she takes in the "Guilt Phase".

HI guys and Gals

Still reading through yesterday's stuff and it is driving me nuts. AF has just gotten up so I still have a bit to get through.

Might have been suggested before and I apologise if it has and sorry mods for not thanking because it is getting late here and I skim read like mad every night to keep up. Appreciate everyone's efforts.

Back to my point. Why could they not bring to a place not far from the courrthouse a dumpster and a decoposing body with enough distance in between for the jury to have a field trip if you like, so they could distinguish for themselves the differences. I find it hard to believe that after all this time - but could be mistaken that samples would still have the actual smells. (decomp in a confined space of course - maybe of an homeless person or someone similiar). Do not wish to offend anyone - if I died Iam giving my usable parts to science - so why not the unusable as well. Surely there is no difference in the smell of a partial body and one that has a few bits taken out? Not sure. Hopefully the Pros is reading some of this. Just my thoughts!

What do all you Webbers think about that? I haven't followed from the beginning, 3 years ago. I think it sounds very plausible. Anyone out there with more knowledge of this situation? TIA.

I don't believe it at all. RK was investigated by the police when he first found the remains. The police cleared him. Mark NJ, who I have a lot of respect for, met with him and was convinced that RK was telling the truth.

RK, imo, is someone who was captivated by the case (and I can appreciate that), he worked in the area, and had his suspicions.

Wonder what the jury thought when they saw AF there again for the first time. If I was a Juror I would think, oh so JB has seen we don't believe him, bring on another.

Bill S was saying to have Ann at the table was bad form as you don't want to taint your mitigation lawyer with the stench from the guilt phase if it goes on to penalty phase. So even though it's obvious to us that Baez couldn't question Mr Casey due to their "fallout" I wonder why Mason didn't do it?

Just more of a defense team in disarray?

This is today's sidebar. :waitasec:

:floorlaugh:
I scrolled quickly to the name of the thread thinking "Oh no, and I was actually posting some stuff this morning!" :doh:

What do all you Webbers think about that? I haven't followed from the beginning, 3 years ago. I think it sounds very plausible. Anyone out there with more knowledge of this situation? TIA.

IIRC the girlfriend was asked and said LP has a vivid imagination.
Never happened.

Who knows!!!! With this dt it could be anything. However, they had the abandoned house on the video... I don't think they will say its there. But you never know.

Also WS is WebSleuths :)

Thanks, I had "duh" moment right after I posted that and figured it out! :)

Today show is going to talk about chances of kc taking stand.

Good morning, good peeps. I'm glad to be back onboard and have tried to play catch up on the courtroom drama over the weekend. I had planned to watch trial coverage on Saturday while DH played golf and was bummed when court recessed until Monday. Seems that this DT will try any maneuver they can to end this trial.

I like AF. She direct, to the point, and a no nonsense kind of attorney. I'd be happy to see her do all the direct from now on. Move this thing along, you know?

Thanks, I had "duh" moment right after I posted that and figured it out! :)

Yesterday someone posted a tweet that said, " RT to end the confusion."
Another WSer asked who RT was! :floorlaugh:

It does get confusing sometimes. ;)

Hard to say with this defense. Many of the witnesses were subject to recall so we may have the same ones parading back to the stand.

No word on whether or not Vasco Thompson will be called. Whatever happened to the ridiculous phone fiasco? What about River Cruz? Will she take the stand? :banghead:

I wish they would end it today so we can move on to rebuttal!!! :maddening:

I have a feeling it'll be packed on WS when rebuttal starts. Yikes-I'll probably get kicked off again:confused:

Forgot my manners....:ashamed:

Good morning WS Family...One day closer to Justice for Caylee...

Finally heard from DC...it appears he developed selective hearing....he was very careful in choosing his words. I thought he would have let that cat out of the bag..that CA sent her people in those woods and couldn't find Caylee..they were a few hundred feet off...I just hope the State's rebuttal case shows it...I can't wait for rebuttal...I'm thinking they saved the best for last...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

BBM:

I laughed until I had tears running down my face as I read the trial thread when DC was on the stand! I was laughing at the posts. I felt the same way.

I am looking forward to the rubuttal from the State as well. CA said she had "her people" look at the site in the woods and nothing was there. There is a lot I expect to hear from the State in their rebuttal. I am so looking forward to that!

I don't believe it at all. RK was investigated by the police when he first found the remains. The police cleared him. Mark NJ, who I have a lot of respect for, met with him and was convinced that RK was telling the truth.

RK, imo, is someone who was captivated by the case (and I can appreciate that), he worked in the area, and had his suspicions.

I think Mark NJ is one of the few 'honest' attys ever involved on the defense side of this case..If he believes in RK that says it all to me.

Btw! JP ruled Kronk's 'prior bad acts' are not allowed which makes me feel a lot better about his testimony today.

Judge Belvin Perry ruled in January that the defense could not introduce any evidence on Kronk's prior bad acts.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-ex...19/detail.html

I just have to ask this. When Baez objects and JP says over ruled am I the only one that translates that to, sit down and shup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla