NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep let this momster out and reproduce and do it all again..................I can see it now.........

Thanks for editing my post, Hoppyfrog!!! I went ahead and deleted :)

Isn't it ironic that this so called "family" didn't have the money to give
sweet little Shaynia a decent burial..

they gladly took the money from generous Shaq to bury her

BD was yapping about starting a "foundation"....I guess to tell others how
to parent ...do as I say , don't do as I did

Grand-momster jumped on tv to quickly say "we're broke"....along with "good up mother"....

so..where did the money come from for this bail and why??

why wasn't that money used for Shaynia's funeral?? if they can't pay for that, why pay to get AD put of jail???

My first post on this case. I'm aware of this but haven't followed it closely and I certainly can't read through 26 threads so if someone could help me out please.

the posts mentioning "daddy"--- do you mean her biological father? What did he do? I'm aware he left the girl with the mother prior to leaving town on for his job (that's the last I heard, anyway). Did something else come up about him? Or are you all talking about someone else?

Do we know if she was released with a tracking device?

So when/where is the hearing? And who's thinking of going? Thanks!

My first post on this case. I'm aware of this but haven't followed it closely and I certainly can't read through 26 threads so if someone could help me out please.

the posts mentioning "daddy"--- do you mean her biological father? What did he do? I'm aware he left the girl with the mother prior to leaving town on for his job (that's the last I heard, anyway). Did something else come up about him? Or are you all talking about someone else?

In order not to start WWIII, I suggest you go back and read... :)

This is going to be my one and only warning.

The following behaviors on this thread are against TOS and will not be tolerated:

1. Name calling.

2. Wishing harm to come to others.

3. Threatening others or inciting harm against them.

If we see ANY of these kinds of posts again, you will get an automatic timeout.

Hoppy
mod

In order not to start WWIII, I suggest you go back and read... :)

?

Thanks, but I guess I'll just muddle along from here; I don't really feel like wading through all those threads.

Yes, the bio dad. I'm not aware that he did anything else besides leaving Shaniya with bio mom.

Seeing that AD is out has really reopened the wound for me. In some ways, I think I needed it. I will always think of Shaniya and follow her case and await justice for her, but I was starting to become a little complacent in the waiting.

I'm feeling a bit sad and defeated today, but right underneath it is the feeling that even though it is too late to rescue Shaniya, there must be something we can do in Shaniya's name to help other babies like her. But what can be done when the ones charged with a child's protection fail him, when there is no reason to foresee such a failure? How can that be prevented?

A little more info in the Fayetteville Observer today... http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2010/02/24/978857:
Davis had been held at Central Prison in Raleigh, but Tanna said Cumberland County deputies were ordered to bring Davis back to Fayetteville and release her.

Her bond was posted by Accredited Surety and Casualty Co. Inc.

The local agent, Julius D. Robinson, declined to comment on Davis' bond.

Bondsmen require the defendant or the family to put up anywhere from 5 percent to 15 percent of the bond in collateral, including cash and property.

Davis' lawyer, D.W. Bray, would not say what her family used for collateral.

Bail is designed to ensure someone who has been charged will appear in court, according to Bray. He said his client is presumed innocent.

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that bail cannot be used as punishment, he said.

That Davis posted bail is "standard practice," Bray said.

"This isn't unusual," he said.

Davis is scheduled to appear in District Court on April 15.

"This isn't unusual"

Sorry, I be to differ. This is no regular pimp, who runs a bunch of hookers around and lives off what s/he does.

This is a mother who SOLD her baby and knew she would be going to have sexual contact with an adult male.

Lemme see... I won't be graphic, but a 5 year old child is not equipped for sexual intercourse with an adult male. It will end badly every time. Often in death. I'm guessing usually in death, hemmoraging from torn blood vessels.

But she's free. "It's hard to be behind bars" said her Uncle. She still gets to beathe.

I am spitting bullets this morning I am so angry.

Yes, the bio dad. I'm not aware that he did anything else besides leaving Shaniya with bio mom.

Knowing that bio Mom was a crack ho, prostituting herself for drugs. He wanted her to "be a Mom".
You cannot pretty this up.
It would be a slap for Shaniya to pretty this up.

Knowing that bio Mom was a crack ho, prostituting herself for drugs. He wanted her to "be a Mom".
You cannot pretty this up.
It would be a slap for Shaniya to pretty this up.

I'm not trying to pretty this up. I was trying to answer a basic question that no one else seemed willing to.

I sure wish I knew WHERE she is staying. I already ran into Dad, Brad or whatever at Harris Teeter. Sickening feeling. I mean, would she have to be on house arrest or something, or could she be running around the mall? ack!

She is staying with an aunt on Mary Street in Fayetteville.

http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/story/7110123/

I hope everyone including LE are keeping a close eye on her. My question is what is going to become of her baby after she delivers? Poor thing already faces a questionable life, to say the least.

I'm not trying to pretty this up. I was trying to answer a basic question that no one else seemed willing to.

Hoppy, it is just difficult to answer that particular question thoroughly and accurately without running afoul of warnings we've been given.

Were we ever able to determine what the formal custody arrangement was for Shaniya, or did we conclude that there was no formal arrangement? I will look back myself if nobody recalls.

When/where? I'm a few hours away but may drive down...

At work and can't google too much
Yesterday, online news updates reported that she was staying with an aunt and doing well.
I can look for the link later. It said the name & town. I had hoped that demonstrators would have been outside the home .......

'doing well' :(

hows her daughter doing? does she even remember her? :(

I just saw that JVM is covering AD's release tonight on HLN.

The clip said she will be interviewing Shaniya's heartbroken father about this latest development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member