UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Buy I am sure has a record of what was bought that day...
They were reportedly there to "fix" their Playstation... My guess is that's just what they told the sales person. My guess is the needed to replace the RCA plugs or AV hook up cable because theirs were buried or thrown out somewhere...

Upon purchasing these types of games they usually tell you to keep the box in case they "break" because you must ship them back to the manufacturer for repair.

Yes, but we have a picture of NS playing with it, and Ethan sitting beside him.

That's why I, for one, am suspicious. And maybe the cords were broken during (use your imagination).

Honestly, I'm not sure if he flew out of Virginia or not. Seems like I read somewhere he flew out of Florida. I'll have to verify that.

But either way, the person who views the full-body scans (the ones that are able to get images of the body inside the clothes) is in a remote location and doesn't have face-to-face contact with passengers. Maybe the woman in your experience who wasn't doing her job was in charge of scanning the bags and stuff? I don't know, just throwing out possibilities.

Back to your point...the drugs. I do think it's possible. I think it's improbable because of Ethan's age, but that's JMO. This case has really shaken my faith in my own ability to judge what some people are capable of! Know what I mean??
I, as well, recall reading that he flew out of florida.. and than Dad moved back to his hometown in Virginia kind of concurrently.

My opinion on drugs being planted in Ethan/flushing them out: no imhoo.

Her whole story about feces (several mentions in the probable cause statement) are just (imhoo) her attempt to account for what crime scene techs/ME would eventually find. HOWEVER. I personally don't think it was feces... just what she thought was feces. I think it was coffee ground emesis due to internal injury. She also did quite a thorough job of trying to cover why he may have had bleeding in his mouth (she claims to have brushed his teeth until his gums bled).

I personally do not believe any account that Stephanie has provided. I think that her accounts speak to what evidence may be found but the vehicle/timing/mechanism by which they happened may be completely different. I think she was in CYA mode. Completely.

That's why I, for one, am suspicious. And maybe the cords were broken during (use your imagination).

We see them playing a video game. We don't know it's PS3.

It could be the XBox360 or the Wi.

A lot of people have more than one gaming systems.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=10769121

The article states SS and NS were there to have their "Playstation 3" repaired.

If I'm not mistaken, the Playstation 3 is a game console -- not a handheld game system like the one pictured in the photo of Ethan playing with NS. I'm thinking they went to Best Buy for repairs of an electronic other than the one in the photo.

ETA: I'm led to believe it's not a Playstation 3 in the photo because both Ethan and NS are looking down at what NS is holding, and that's "game posture" (my phrase) most people use when looking at a handheld screen and playing.

Are we sure Ethan flew in on May 1st. Seems that somewhere I read he came in on April 28th. Anyone know for sure? TIA

Honestly, I'm not sure if he flew out of Virginia or not. Seems like I read somewhere he flew out of Florida. I'll have to verify that.

But either way, the person who views the full-body scans (the ones that are able to get images of the body inside the clothes) is in a remote location and doesn't have face-to-face contact with passengers. Maybe the woman in your experience who wasn't doing her job was in charge of scanning the bags and stuff? I don't know, just throwing out possibilities.

Back to your point...the drugs. I do think it's possible. I think it's improbable because of Ethan's age, but that's JMO. This case has really shaken my faith in my own ability to judge what some people are capable of! Know what I mean??

Sounds like they flew out of Orlando to me.

Ethan’s parents finalized their divorce April 28 in Florida, where they lived during their five-year marriage.

After signing the papers, Joe Stacy, 35, went to Virginia, his childhood home he had returned to in December. Ethan and Stephanie Stacy, 27, boarded a plane bound for Utah, where she had moved to after a brief stay in Las Vegas.

http://www2.tricities.com/tri/news/...of_ethan_stacy_i_didnt_have_any_choice/46167/

I, as well, recall reading that he flew out of florida.. and than Dad moved back to his hometown in Virginia kind of concurrently.

My opinion on drugs being planted in Ethan/flushing them out: no imhoo.

Her whole story about feces (several mentions in the probable cause statement) are just (imhoo) her attempt to account for what crime scene techs/ME would eventually find. HOWEVER. I personally don't think it was feces... just what she thought was feces. I think it was coffee ground emesis due to internal injury. She also did quite a thorough job of trying to cover why he may have had bleeding in his mouth (she claims to have brushed his teeth until his gums bled).

I personally do not believe any account that Stephanie has provided. I think that her accounts speak to what evidence may be found but the vehicle/timing/mechanism by which they happened may be completely different. I think she was in CYA mode. Completely.

I think it was feces.

I have been told that although Ethan was potty-trained, on rare occasions he would have an #2 accident. Being how he was under stress, not wanting to go with mom and not being happy being in a new situation, I think he had an accident and it set Nathan off. I think Nathan put the feces in his mouth.

In the May 5th pic and Ethan are holding the same cordless controller it looks like to me. Ethan is holding the game controller with his R hand and is holding it with his L. is holding on to Ethan by R shoulder/upper arm with his R hand. IMO Ethan had tried to get down/away from him before the pic was snaped or is having to actually hold Ethan up.... I wish it was clearer!
MOO

ETA it was a video screen shot NOT a pic my bad!

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_15083168?source=rss

bbm

"The mother has abandoned the child and I'm afraid the mother will come and take him and I'll never see him again," Joe Stacy wrote in an emergency petition for temporary custody filed in November.

That request was denied. On April 28, Ethan arrived in Layton to spend the summer with his mother and her fiance.
--------
I'm confused if this (in bold) is accurate?..I thought Joe reported her behavior & voiced his concerns during the divorce proceedings vs emer hearing..I also didn't realize it was denied vs simply ignored even tho it still = the same thing.

NS's x-wife notified the court (& showed proof) of his sick threats in an effort to rid him of his visitation rights..It worked for her & their daughter..TG!..Joe was also threatened by NS but Ethan still had to spend the summer with him & SS..Could it be he had no proof?

It's been reported that the judge hearing the divorce heard an agreement made between Joe and Stephanie thorugh a mediator. The judge ONLY heard the info on the agreement. There are some media articles about this and some were previously posted.

hth

Thanks I'll change the time-line for the gazillinze time.

:) (A gazillion pats on the back) Keep up the awesome work, eyes4crime. You know we all deeply, deeply appreciate all the sweat and headache you put into that timeline.

Consider it art -- a continually evolving work in progress. As sad as the subject is, the product is something to behold.

(roses & applause)

Personally, I think both of them were torturing Ethan for their enjoyment. Everything else they were doing - getting married, getting slurpies, playing ps3, has a 'fun' theme to it. Taking pictures of Ethan's injuries, and videos of his suffering, seems to fit a 'fun' theme.

I think they were on a sick high (and I don't mean drugs) and having a grand old time that week, including torturing Ethan.

Natural born killers.

Sadly, I believe you're right. I think those pics were for their own amusement. I also thought maybe she took them to send to dad. To torture him, also. But, that doesn't make sense...unless they were going to disappear.

So no body scanner...

I hope I am wrong!
The ME has a hard job to do with this case. I hope he/she takes all the time they need. I know others have commented about why they felt like feces was on the wall. I just don't believe Ethan was the one that did the smearing.

Does anyone have a guess as to why the maternal grandparents were barred from having contact with Joe, Ethan and Stephanie?

I'm still catching up, but good question. I haven't been able to find any info reported about Stephanies famil. One of the media articles where NS asked for his mom to be permitted to visit him in jail, the article mentions something like only one of the suspects family was in court. I don't know if SS has any relationship with her family or not. Haven't checked todays media, but thus far really no info on her fam.

It is a guess but they might have no contact and not has contact in some time.

JMO

Sadly, I believe you're right. I think those pics were for their own amusement. I also thought maybe she took them to send to dad. To torture him, also. But, that doesn't make sense...unless they were going to disappear.

I had wondered if they weren't planning on killing themselves...
Something wrote in her wedding page about not knowing she was about to die really stuck out to me...

What on earth would have to happen for maternal Gparents to be barred from contact with the family? Were they unsavory characters? I was thinking they were church people or something?????

The thing about her parents being legally prevented from seeing Ethan is interesting...a judge would again, need evidence to determine this, something more than she did not want them to see him, as in most states, grandparents do have some rights. So there must be something there to make the courts agree that they have no contact with the the three of them. I was wondering why we have heard nothing from her side of the family.
If nothing else, it does indicate a very dysfunctional relationship, at the very least.

If it was agreed up between SS and JS via the mediator there would be no need for the judge to have any proof. The judge would only make a decision where the two parties did not agree. Here they both agreed, or JS agreed to SS's request of no contact with her family.

Grandparent rights only come into play when the child has a 'substantial' relationship with a grandparent. They are very limited with rights and not as common as some might think.

Without further information, I get the impression SS was alienated from her family based on HER behavior/choice, not anything they did. I also think with a divorce, JS would have agreed to certain things based on making consessions only. Not that he necessarily agreed. That goes with the saying pick what you are willing to fight for carefully because you are not going to win them all.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member