Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #18 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's $850/month. Whether that is high or not depends on the area of the country. In some places, that would be super high, in others just average.

My guess is that they probably have a certain amount of snowbird trade, people who live in their RVs year round and follow the weather. Snowbirds would probably stay at the park for 3-6 months at a time.

A dump station is a place where you can pull up with your RV and dump the black and grey water tanks. There's usually a concrete pad on the ground with a covered pipe (maybe four inches, definitely not large enough to fit a body into) plus a hose that is used to rinse out the sewage hose that connects the tanks to the dump station.

Very convenient if you've been on the road and haven't had a chance to dump tanks in a few days.

Bay Area rents are insanely high and had an even higher increase this past year. $850 is affordable for the area.

Remember when the sheriff's office discussed what was found at the rusty metal shed, early on. The spokesman said there were the clothes as well as other items a girl would have with her. No specifics ever expanded on that. I think now we know there were her keys, money, the inhaler. The indication was that these other items were in the Juicy sac.

Personally, I don't like thinking about the mother's braid but I can see how it would be forensically useful. Apart from the skin fragments of A.G.-T. found in Sierra's belongings, he may have shed a hair there. His mitochondrial dna is inherited from his mother alone (not his father). Examination of her braid will go to proving the hair found was A.G.-T.'s because the mitochondrial dna has certain characteristics that are matched to his mother's and are essentially unique to them.

As posted here today, fisherman A.G.-T. would be very conscious of the value of cold if he found himself with a body. He might figure the depths of a large body of water would suffice. I've tried to picture him burying his victim but he might be aware of the problem the shovel would present. That's one reason I've thought about sandy loam that could be dug and the implement(s) destroyed.
]]

BBM

Hair itself does not carry DNA. The only DNA (mitochondrial and otherwise) comes in hairs that still have the hair bulb attached. These are hairs that have falled out naturally or hairs that have been plucked from the scalp.

I doubt that the braid has any hair bulbs in it because it was almost certainly cut from his mother's head. Cutting the hair shaft means leaving the hair bulb behind.

i think it's his legit cousin tho. she talks about websleuths and JQ and talks about the time antolin left his house and the texts sierra received, etc. she definitely THINKS she has inside info and definitely knows about antolin's past

she also says that antolin STOLE sierra's bag, and had it in his car, and that's how police have his DNA and that antolin confessed to his sister he stole her bag. ((riiiiiight))

It's very interesting to note that he get's very angry, and then apologizes rather quickly - maybe the bag -placing really was an apology of sorts???

He was screaming at cops, but then later says he didn't think they should do that.

Vandalizes his cell, but writes an apology letter.

Was asked to clean up the toilet, he did.

Throws AC unit out of the window, and gets into a fight, because he had a baby on the way and didn't want "tweakers" around.

He is a very contradictory person, imo.

ALL JMO

Sounds like impulse control issues IMO.

"When asked to remove it, Garcia Torres did and said he tried to flood the cell because he was bored".

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_1892bd02-a6ca-11e1-b53e-0019bb30f31a.html

Jeez, to me this sounds like a kid acting out for attention, like he's extremely immature.

I know that the problem kids in school (elementary to middle) were always doing stuff that would obviously get them in trouble, but didn't seem to care until it was consequence time. Even on the way to the principals office they were smirking or seemed proud of what they'd done.

Even thinking about rape in this case is something so horrific to me that I literally feel sick to my stomach, but given the type of evidence we have (DNA evidence and the fact that she was most likely nude in his presence) some type of sexual assault seems like a logical possibility and something I am sure LE is considering.

I still cannot understand why he put the bag with his DNA all in it in a place where it would obviously be found. I mean, I am thankful he did because it makes the case stronger, but can you imagine if the bag was never found? They would still have the tape, I suppose.

I strongly believe he did not expect her bag to be found. It's in an out of the way place, not a place with a lot of foot traffic and so unlikely to be found.

Sheriff Smith extended thanks to those who found the bag, pointing out that it was an exceptional find, considering it was 2 miles away. That means that it was within an area of about 12.5 square miles centred around Sierra's house.

To compare this to a more human scale, find a size 22 seed bead (smaller than the head of a pin) and have someone hide it somewhere within in your house. It can be hidden on the floor, walls, ceiling, fixtures or furniture.

Now try to find it within 2 days.

It can be done but it's pretty amazing if you do it.

That the JC bag was found so quickly was such an incredible stroke of luck that I think people are losing sight of just how amazing a feat it was.

Whoever placed the bag there (I think but am not 100% convinced that it was AGT), had to have had a really sick feeling when they heard the bag had been found.

i think it's his legit cousin tho. she talks about websleuths and JQ and talks about the time antolin left his house and the texts sierra received, etc. she definitely THINKS she has inside info and definitely knows about antolin's past

Well the thing is that the real Angelia Valenzuela has a twitter as well and she acknowledged this one as a fake. The real Angelia Valenzuela has a lot of followers on tumblr, twitter, and youtube as well where she shows her face. All of these are linked on her blog.

I don't think she's related to AGT or at least she's not commenting on it.

If this one is real I find it extremely odd that she is using someone else's pictures.

ok i'm way late to this possibly... i haven't read any of this thread and only half of 17 because i haven't been online the last 2-3 days, but have ya'll talked about https://twitter.com/#!/MissAValenzuela ?? she's talking about "traffiking" and it makes 2 killers, and that antolin wouldn't have a reason to snitch on them, and from the looks of it she's his cousin. she tells someone to bring a gun to ohio street in pasadena. sorry if this has already been discussed... if it has does someone have more info or kno what she's talking about? lol -- she's even been texting sierra's friends

I read through her tweets and it looks like she's trying to say that AGT is innocent and is being set up by LE. She says that Sierra is not dead but that she got sold into traffiking. Girl sounds like a whack job!!!! Super rude of her to be tweeting Sierra's best friends talking crap to them. Ugh.

This is probably nothing but can anyone tell if this car is a VW Jetta?

suspectcar.jpg

I'm also trying to figure out the missing body. LE has been searching bodies of water since the beginning so they must have some reason for that, but I can't help but think she may not be in the water. For one thing, this was a daytime crime. Yes it was early, a typical work day, bad weather, but I hike a lot. I am a stay at home mother so I go all different times of day and days of the week. I will hike in the rain. I have never been to Uvas, Quicksilver, Big Basin, etc. where there were not at least a couple other hardcore hikers/dog walkers/photographers/fishers/campers. I bet he chose a bad weather day so there would be less people around, but he still couldn't be positive. Unless he held onto the body to dump at night, he risked someone seeing him. I'm thinking he probably had a very specific, secluded spot in mind before he committed the crime. Somewhere he could be sure he wouldn't run into anyone.

I also don't think he held onto the body. It seems to me like he would have been done with the whole thing rather quickly, and back to work or fishing like nothing ever happened. So far water searches have not come up with anything, where else could she be?

All JMO, speculations.

Do any of those places include areas where people can tent camp right off the trail rather than just in organised camp grounds?

The reason I ask is that I suddenly remembered a case from the late 1970s. Rebecca LeBaron Chynoweth was ordered killed by her own father (Ervil LeBaron, the "Morman Manson"). She was only 17. The two men who killed her drove her body up into Oklahoma and then used a cabin style tent with the bottom killed out to bury her body in a hiking area. Somewhere.

The two men who killed her are also dead, more victims of Ervil LeBaron. Rebecca's body has never been found.

It suddenly occurred to me that the perp could have used the same ruse: a tent with the bottom cut out so that a grave could be dug and a body buried, without attracting undue attention.

Grainne- Perhaps I would make a great criminal then because I always, always assumed every structure near a road (or even not near a road) within 2-3 miles of a crime scene would at least get a cursory glance (especially abandoned ones like these). So, I would NOT leave any evidence in or near them. The fact that structures like that aren't checked makes me want to rethink a lot of cases on here now **eek**

Well the thing is that the real Angelia Valenzuela has a twitter as well and she acknowledged this one as a fake. The real Angelia Valenzuela has a lot of followers on tumblr, twitter, and youtube as well where she shows her face. All of these are linked on her blog.

I don't think she's related to AGT or at least she's not commenting on it.

If this one is real I find it extremely odd that she is using someone else's pictures.

hmm that's weird. maybe she's playing both sides of the fence? she has a twitter pic on there, but i didn't think about there being 2 angelia's --- makes no sense why someone would do that tho. esp to defend him. she gives a lot of into about herself to be fake... weird

hmm that's weird. maybe she's playing both sides of the fence? she has a twitter pic on there, but i didn't think about there being 2 angelia's --- makes no sense why someone would do that tho. esp to defend him. she gives a lot of into about herself to be fake... weird

if you scroll back far enough, Nov '11 she talks to a bunch of lesbians about hooking up..odd. Seems fake.

It is not her legit cousin, as far as I know. It is an imposter who loves to troll. IMO

I agree the the DNA is important evidence, of course, and we all know where
It can come from.
I was trying to make the point that whether a sexual assault had occurred in
This instance did not really matter at this point.
I am hoping that the DNA is the trump card that seals the deal, and I hope they
Have plenty of it.
I was just thinking that trying to preserve a shred of dignity for the poor girl, and staying focused on issues that might actually help find her might be a good
Idea.
I am under no illusions as to whether a sexual assault occurred in this case, I just don't see how it
Can help online sleuthers help figure things out. Take it as a given, and that the DNA is a result.
We don't know that, but it might be so.
That is a component of this case,absolutely,it is just that I don't think knowing that will help find her.
She, unfortunately, is the biggest missing link in the chain of evidence.

BBM

I think sarx did a good job of explaining why considering sexual assault is important to finding her body.

As a rape survivor, I am troubled at the implication that discussing the possibility of sexual assault in any way impinges on Sierra's dignity. The idea that rape is so shameful a thing for the victim that it should be concealed to show respect for her worth as a human being.

I honestly believe that until we, as a society, place all the blame and fault on the rapist, rape will continue to be a common crime. Until rape become no more needful of concealment than breaking a leg in a car accident, then rapists are going to be able to mentally shuffle off the responsibility onto the shoulders of their victims.

I'm not saying that every living rape survivor should be forced to step out of the closet; it should be each victim's choice to do so.

But in the case of people who are dead, there is no more concern for privacy. A dead person is beyond any need or concern for privacy.

Discussing whether Sierra was sexually assaulted should carry no more import than discussing how she was actually abducted in the first place.

I Googled "I seen it" and a clip from "half baked" came up. Maybe he was trying to be funny. I mean, purposely clogging up a toilet in jail? He wanted attention.Or maybe he was trying to taunt another inmate.

Just guessing.

It is done to annoy the staff and force them to clean it up. Some throw their own feces and urine at staff too. And then there are those on the outside who are begging for all the rights for these little pieces of sunshine.

I do agree with you that the main focus should remain on trying to find Sierra. I don't think he is going to talk. As another astute poster pointed out, his mother could probably get him to confess, but it's doubtful that she will as she seems to be in denial (which is understandable for many parents).

It sounds to me like she has tried to get the truth from him at least once before and he denied it.

She says she doesn't think he would do something like that but (paraphrasing) she isn't his shadow, either, so she cannot know.

I guess I don't see the denial because I'm not 100% convinced myself. The facts outlined do look incriminating but there's not enough detail for me to connect all the dots yet.

His mother is admitting the possibility he did it, which is a huge step it seems to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak