GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL I was typing and got my nose caught in the door of the last thread! :D

Here is what I typed out:

FWIW, and this is just my opinion and from having not only lived in the desert but having loved it when I did and we got out an explored several times a week, or went hiking in designated areas.

Again this is just my way of explaining to those that are trying to get a mental picture of a wash.

A wash is the path of least resistance that water will take as it courses down the elevated areas to the lower. The desert gets all their rain (usually) in a time span of about 2 months (sometimes 3). Meaning---for example: El Paso gets about 8 inches of rain a year. That rain arrives for the most part within a one month time period. The earth as in any desert is baked hard, so hard that it can't absorb rain, it runs off.

I have found a wash to be easier to navigate if the terrain gets too rough and rocky. Just walk down into the wash and you can get further quicker. An adult could but I have my doubts about a child Sylar's age. It can be easier for an adult sized person to walk the wash and navigate the large rocks (sometimes boulder sized) that are in the bottom of the wash.

Could an adult have walked the wash to a point outside of the search area that came later within the time frame of Sylar being missing and then reported missing?

Yes IMHO. Without any problem and have returned too.

What about concealment? I saw in one of the videos above that Sylar's bones were described as having been found scattered. I don't know how scattered they were. I have to assume that he could have been concealed by placing him on the ground and rocks placed over him. But again I don't know how he was concealed.

In the desert, the power of rain almost always ends with flash flooding. Incrediable force of nature. JMHO.

HTH anyone trying to get a mental picture.

It is not unusual in the least for remains to be mostly skeleton after two weeks in the desert. JMHO.

(having heard of remains found in the desert in which I lived on a monthly basis).

Does anyone have any knowledge of this area? Does this wash lead all the way down to the camp area and go for the 5 plus miles they're talking about? Trying to figure out whether he was likely carried out via the wash or driven out.

With the power of flash floods the remains being scattered does not surprise me at all. It is an immense amount of force.

FWIW, and this is just my opinion and from having not only lived in the desert but having loved it when I did and we got out an explored several times a week, or went hiking in designated areas.

Again this is just my way of explaining to those that are trying to get a mental picture of a wash.

A wash is the path of least resistance that water will take as it courses down the elevated areas to the lower. The desert gets all their rain (usually) in a time span of about 2 months (sometimes 3). Meaning---for example: El Paso gets about 8 inches of rain a year. That rain arrives for the most part within a one month time period. The earth as in any desert is baked hard, so hard that it can't absorb rain, it runs off.

I have found a wash to be easier to navigate if the terrain gets too rough and rocky. Just walk down into the wash and you can get further quicker. An adult could but I have my doubts about a child Sylar's age. It can be easier for an adult sized person to walk the wash and navigate the large rocks (sometimes boulder sized) that are in the bottom of the wash.

Could an adult have walked the wash to a point outside of the search area that came later within the time frame of Sylar being missing and then reported missing?

What about concealment? I saw in one of the videos above that Sylar's bones were described as having been found scattered. I don't know how scattered they were. I have to assume that he could have been concealed by placing him on the ground and rocks placed over him. But again I don't know how he was concealed.

In the desert, the power of rain almost always ends with flash flooding. Incrediable force of nature. JMHO.

You know, I spent a lot of time growing up hiking through the desert, and I used washes many times because they were not only easier, they also made it less likely you would get lost. If someone had taken a hike through the wash with Sylar's body to conceal him far from camp...I just wish the dogs could have been asked to follow the other adults' scents. They might have found him sooner. :(

This might give an idea of the topography in the campground area.

picture.php

This is a little morbid, and I apologize if I offend anyone, because I really don't intend to, but to whom are the remains released for burial? CN or TP? Not sure what the legalities are with a situation such as this and was curious.

This is a little morbid, and I apologize if I offend anyone, because I really don't intend to, but to whom are the remains released for burial? CN or TP? Not sure what the legalities are with a situation such as this and was curious.

More than likely CN. There wasn't a paper trail for the alleged adoption of Sylar by CP(TP). CN would have custody rights IMHO.

It's not a morbid question. It's a valid legal question about custody of remains. :)

Welcome to WS BTW :balloons:

More than likely CN. There wasn't a paper trail for the alleged adoption of Sylar by CP(TP). CN would have custody rights IMHO.

It's not a morbid question. It's a valid legal question about custody of remains. :)

Welcome to WS BTW :balloons:

That's what I suspect would legally be the case as well. I had just thought I'd read that she turned Sylar over to TP when he was just an infant and it seems weird (for lack of a better term) for her to be the person this responsibility would fall upon as she hasn't really ever taken any responsibility for him. Not judging, just stating the facts as I know them. On the other hand, can't see that remains would be released to TP because of the lack of a paper trail as you've mentioned. Just a most bizarre and complicated set of circumstances.

Thanks for the warm welcome!! I just stumbled upon this website over the past week and I am addicted!! Been following the KH case here too.

That's what I suspect would legally be the case as well. I had just thought I'd read that she turned Sylar over to TP when he was just an infant and it seems weird (for lack of a better term) for her to be the person this responsibility would fall upon as she hasn't really ever taken any responsibility for him. Not judging, just stating the facts as I know them. On the other hand, can't see that remains would be released to TP because of the lack of a paper trail as you've mentioned. Just a most bizarre and complicated set of circumstances.

Thanks for the warm welcome!! I just stumbled upon this website over the past week and I am addicted!! Been following the KH case here too.

Just going to use your post to jump off of :)

(not directed at you or anything you said within your post)

We heard from Sylar's *adoptive* aunt (who arrived at the campground after Sylar was reported missing and she is significantly younger than CP(TP)). She claimed that CN didn't have anything to do with Sylar and that CN "had signed her rights away" or something to that effect.

We hear from CP (TP) that 1. She reported herself (to LE) as Sylar's Mother when he was first reported missing. 2. She reported herself (to LE) as Sylar's custodial Mother in the process of adopting Sylar.

We have a facebook page that was created and CN joined as an admin. CN had pictures of Sylar up until close in age to when he went missing that she was able to post.

Then we have a report earlier today, (FWIW, I had not seen it in print quite this way).
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iWv-O9LMPVpewV_ebRSCbpNAVP-gD9HH2QFG0

Authorities still are looking into custodial issues involving Sylar, Priem and Sylar's biological mother, Charity Newton.
(my comment: I bet they are, a notarized piece of paper won't hold in court JMHO, which is what CN and CP(TP) say they have)

also snipped:

In a phone interview last week, Newton told The Associated Press she was pregnant with Sylar when she met Priem through Priem's sister Sandra Shoemake.

Newton said she was "messed up" back then and knew she couldn't take care of her son, so she considered having Shoemake adopt him. She ended up having a dispute with Shoemake and giving temporary custody to Priem instead, according to Newton and a Flagstaff police report from 2008.

Newton declined to comment on the investigation, saying authorities had asked her not to.

According to a police report, authorities visited Priem's home in January to look into what was determined to be an unfounded report of child neglect regarding Sylar. At the time, Priem said Newton had given her full custody of Sylar 1 1/2 years earlier. Priem said she hadn't heard from Newton since, the report said.

Authorities said they have found no paper trail of adoption proceedings involving Priem and Sylar.

Police reports show Newton had at least two other children — one of whom tested positive for marijuana in 2004 while a newborn. Newton's rights to another child were severed, and the child was considered a ward of the court, according to a 2004 police report. The report also noted Newton had a history of substance abuse and mental health problems.

We have she said/she said going on here about the custody of Sylar.

In the end we have a little baby boy that was passed around like a party favor. He had no stability in his life and that really peeves me to no end. :mad: JMHO.

Great description. Sometimes the wash is the only way to proceed without cutting a path through dense underbrush. Just remember, if you find it an easier way to navigate, so might other wildlife. They might also be looking to drink from puddles left in the bottom of the wash. You just never know what you'll meet in a wash.

I wonder how long it will take before the findings of the autopsy are released.

I have been following the facebook page as well and have thought for days that the distant relative that ended up finding him, would find him. The dear man was so very determined to find him even before he found out that he was indeed related.

Anyway, recent posts on the page indicate news articles with comments raising suspicion regarding the fact that a distant relative just happened to find him.

Does anyone have any links to those articles that have the disparaging comments? I'm curious to see what those folks are saying, although I know they couldn't be further from the truth.

I Just saw where Don posted on the find Sylar facebook page that Justice would be served.
I am taking that as a clue. As in Sylar did not wander off. I was uncertain and doubt had come over me.
I quoted this post because your so right. I dont believe there is any happy resolution here. Tina ,The state, or Charity. So no matter who his precious body is released to it is going to be bittersweet (sweet as in at least him has been found and that is better than not dealing with this issue). And Charity has that fund set up for him.

I again apologize for this morbid question, but I just read an article that said remains were "scattered." Is this indicative of post-mortem dismemberment or typical based on the decomp that would have transpired over the last several weeks?

I again apologize for this morbid question, but I just read an article that said remains were "scattered." Is this indicative of post-mortem dismemberment or typical based on the decomp that would have transpired over the last several weeks?

It could be as simple as the force of the water from a flash flood literally tearing apart the remains that were already in advanced decomp because of the harsh environment prior to the rains.

Animal activity also would account for scattered remains :(

I sinecerely hope LE can figure out who to charge and quickly, if this is a criminal death. Too many adults are going unpunished in other cases due to lack of evidence and refusal to confess (if guilty.)

There is no doubt in my mind there foul play was involved now.
I'm sick thinking about the state of his remains :(
Whoever was involved could very possibly go free if they have lack of proof too.

Totally horrible.

RIP little buddy. You were loved by so many you never knew.

Animal activity also would account for scattered remains :(

I sinecerely hope LE can figure out who to charge and quickly, if this is a criminal death. Too many adults are going unpunished in other cases due to lack of evidence and refusal to confess (if guilty.)

Every now and then I go to the Yavapai County inmate search and type in the last names of the known custodial family hoping to find they've arrested them and the media just doesn't know yet. Call me desparate for justice to be served but I can't help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy