Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still haven't got there..car trouble. However, looking at the empty house on Scheller. It looks like (if you have binoculars) you can see Sierra's house from it.

Having worked with the criminally insane, I have to agree with Candace. PLEASE teach everyone you know NOT to every leave the spot you are when approached. I always taught children who came to my house with my kids too. Not one child I ever met was ever taught NOT to go with the perp even if had a gun, knife, w/e.. I am convinced they would have gone with the perp if they were unfortunate enough to be in that situation.

I think many parents don't know or care to know about the evil in the world around them. They want everything and everyone to be nice, nice. They live in that world and wear blinders.

I am a broken record on this. Most of the time, the perp will run if he gets too much resistance.

And yet, there's ample proof that some people (not just kids or teens) will be compliant, even if they have received previous training.

Consider that not even the military, with six weeks of full time, totally controlled training, can turn out soldiers who will reliably fight, not even in battle conditions when their own lives are obviously at risk.

Training raises the probability that a target will get away but it is no guarantee. I'm all for training but I'm also realistic about the possibility of training failures. Train but don't assume it will result in any given outcome.

If a victim is compliant, that's no reason to infer that the parents were negligent, viewing the world through rose coloured lenses or never tried to teach their child differently. Sadly, it means that just like the military, they could not predict what their child would do when in danger.

I still haven't got there..car trouble. However, looking at the empty house on Scheller. It looks like (if you have binoculars) you can see Sierra's house from it.

Can you refresh my memory about that house? Was it one of the abandoned or foreclosed homes that has been searched?

Just a note-I am amazed at all of the ideas, opinions and careful suggestions that come from members here. I haven't been able to get out there to search yet either but I do appreciate the updates!

We all want her home safely.

What day is garbage collection at her mom's house?

while this seems like a plausible theory when first read, two things stand out if i'm reading you correctly and you think this military person folded her clothes before throwing them away:

1) why would this person take the time to neatly fold her clothes then take even more time to place the items neatly back into her bag before getting rid of the bag? wouldn't it seem more likely that the person would just scoop everything up, toss, and go?

2) why would a military person -where having your things folded neat and orderly is required and expected- utilize these same techniques if he were involved in a crime, esp. one like an abduction? wouldn't it be too much of a "clue" to his identity? imo, he'd do the exact opposite.

sierra probably brought the folded clothes for later that day.

**Praying for Sierra**

I'm not sold on it, but I do think it's possible. I'm a military brat and I know from experience that those things become so deeply ingrained in someone that most the time they don't even realize they are going it.

I agree.

I have a horrid feeling that if she is found, it will be by a farmer, hiker, hunter or dog walker.

I think she will be found at least 10 miles from her home and more likely 25 miles.

My reasoning is that if this was a stranger perp, he was probably hunting an area he was comfortable in and knew fairly well. He'd want to take her away from her home but not out of his own familiarity zone.

And every minute he was on public roads with her alive was a high risk time for him. Too much chance of her doing something to get attention, even if it was just putting a hand up from the footwell and waving. So I can't see him wanting to drive for hours on end with her alive in the vehicle.

He was clearly relying on hiding in plain sight because he was not hunting a more secluded area like hiking trails. To do so successfully means he was careful not to appear any different than any one of tens of thousands of vehicles on the roads that day.

I am certain that many people saw his vehicle while Sierra was in it but they did not know what they were seeing and so do not remember

I haven't even a single doubt that this is absolutely 100% true and accurate..its chilling to wonder who will look back over the course of the past few weeks and be able to vividly recall seeing the car or even the perp..once his face is made known.. and to know what was actually happening in that car at possibly the exact moment you crossed paths with it...*chilling* to the bone:(

On one of the threads here concerning Sierra you said you felt she would be found in another state with an older man. Question do you still fell this way?

I think so, well I do think she's in another state for sure (just my hunch) but I think the chances if unfortunately her being gravely harmed by this man in another state increase every minute :( jmo.
It's crazy though to think LE has no leads, they have to be keeping big news from us

Just a side note, but I seriously think in the future children under 12 will be given an option (or more accurately the parents will be given the
Option) to install a gps tracking device in their child via blood stream. This will probably be introduced by the white house as a way to safe guard
Your kids, the government will approve and bam the option will be wide spread, kind of like having a college fund set up or life assurance; kid assurance. I'm only 19 but being as paranoid as I am, I'd h

I haven't even a single doubt that this is absolutely 100% true and accurate..its chilling to wonder who will look back over the course of the past few weeks and be able to vividly recall seeing the car or even the perp..once his face is made known.. and to know what was actually happening in that car at possibly the exact moment you crossed paths with it...*chilling* to the bone:(

BBM

And I have to imagine that her family is going through every possible scenario in their minds endlessly---who they had over to their home, who they recently hired, who they spoke to on the phone, who waited on them at a family night out for dinner, who they talked to about their beautiful daughter, and even if any of their friends or family members may have a hidden dark side. It must be so incredibly painful to try and figure it out.

I think so, well I do think she's in another state for sure (just my hunch) but I think the chances if unfortunately her being gravely harmed by this man in another state increase every minute :( jmo.
It's crazy though to think LE has no leads, they have to be keeping big news from us

LE/FBI has leads,and we are not privy to that information.Believe me they do

I will go by there again tomorrow. I obviously haven't joined the search (for reasons I mentioned before). My husband and I did have dinner in "downtown" Morgan Hill last night and drove past her street (again) on the way there and past Burnett Elem and the news trucks and searchers were there and dispersing for the day (7pm ish). Where is the house on Scheller? I can go there and check it out for myself. I charged my camera battery yesterday to take Easter egg hunt pics this morning, so I can take photos too.

I looked at the address from a link further down and am going to say they are very close, but no you can't actually see each house from the other. It is flat land there and there are other houses, trees, etc in the way. That street has yellow ribbons all up and down.

I'm not sold on it, but I do think it's possible. I'm a military brat and I know from experience that those things become so deeply ingrained in someone that most the time they don't even realize they are going it.

To add to your comment if I may, it is instilled in them as your own handwriting techniques are. Even when someone tries to mask their handwriting, they are only slightly successful for the first few words then the habits sneak back in.
As for (as another poster suggested) there are no military or ex-military personnel in the area I know that to be false. I have a BIL in that area who was in the military and I'm sure there are many more. I belong to another very active forum and most of the guys were in the military and they are from all parts of the country. People migrate from state to state because of or inspite of the military.

I guess the only real question now is whether Sierra was taken by a person known to her or a complete stranger...I lean toward someone she knew as I do believe she got into the car voluntarily, whether planned or not-she may have walked out and someone was there, offering her a ride.

I don't read much into the clothes being folded as I think she packed them, for whatever reason; it was a Friday, she wanted to change after school, IMO, for whatever she had planned. But why the bag was tossed at all it puzzling. I don't believe that every perp, especially if this was a younger one (younger than the basic "mid-30's, white male, etc. stereotype) as I don't know that they plan things out in such a way, or go thru the motions of leaving "clues" or teasing LE. Maybe she made a grab for it and it was thought she might have another device in there to make contact with someone, or a weapon of some kind, so it was taken and tossed. I can see her getting into a car, putting her purse on the floor while she buckled up, for example. and once they threw her phone out she knew she was in trouble. If she reached for her bag for any reason, they may have just grabbed it from her.

I do wonder what the issue was with the person she was having problems with, and if a male was involved in some way; with this age-group, there almost always is. This could be one of those scenarios like the so-called Cadet Murder, where the boy and his girlfriend adbucted and killed the girl that the guy had cheated with, to make it right with his girlfriend, for instance, (Diane-what was her last name?) She was hiding in the backseat when they abducted Audrey and took her to a field and killed her. I could even see the handcuffs coming into play, in that kind of a scene...in that case, Audrey got into the car with the guy (David?) since she knew and liked him...

Anyway, that crime came to mind tonight as a possible scenario. Also there was the recent murder of Michele Le, presumably by the woman in custody, all over a man...the most common (and dumbest, IMO) reason of all...

T
As for (as another poster suggested) there are no military or ex-military personnel in the area I know that to be false. I have a BIL in that area who was in the military and I'm sure there are many more.

There are plenty of military (ex/former, reserve, active duty - home on leave, etc) from here or who live here now. I do agree that we do not have many uniformed military walking around. Maybe recruiters, but no one really from an active military base. Many proud vets around here for sure.

There are plentyof military (ex/former, reserve, active duty - home on leave, etc) from here or who live here now. I do agree that we do not have many uniformed military walking around. Maybe recruiters, but no one really from an active military base. Many proud vets around here for sure.

Thank you. My BIL is from MO, after his stint he moved to CA and has been there ever since. I have another friend in CA that moved there after his tour of duty with the Navy who is a native of Alaska. I think one poster several pages back found 3 bases, the furthest is 100 miles away, the other 2 much closer.

To add to your comment if I may, it is instilled in them as your own handwriting techniques are. Even when someone tries to mask their handwriting, they are only slightly successful for the first few words then the habits sneak back in.
As for (as another poster suggested) there are no military or ex-military personnel in the area I know that to be false. I have a BIL in that area who was in the military and I'm sure there are many more. I belong to another very active forum and most of the guys were in the military and they are from all parts of the country. People migrate from state to state because of or inspite of the military.

I never said EX Military. I personally have never seen a military person, dressed in uniform anywhere around here...This is not an area that has many, if any, presently serving. I have never heard of any students joining the military from my kids' schools either.

I never said EX Military. I personally have never seen a military person, dressed in uniform anywhere around here...This is not an area that has many, if any, presently serving. I have never heard of any students joining the military from my kids' schools either.

Not all military personel walk around in uniform 24/7 I'm sure, but the point is with 2 bases there must be personnel I would hope. Whether active or ex military they would have still had the same basic training. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆