Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...c-search-for-missing-girl-extends-into-canada

The RCMP has joined American local, state and federal police in a desperate search for an 11-year-old New Hampshire girl who vanished Tuesday from her home near the Canadian border.

“There are lots of wooded areas in this part of New Hampshire,” Jane Young, spokeswoman for the New Hampshire Attorney General, told the Star on Friday. “In terms of people, we need all the manpower we can get.”

I would too, but other people are made up differently. You have to consider that some people actually die in situations like this - they literally get so upset they drop and die. Considering what others are saying about Celina's reclusive behavior, it may be that her mother also has that condition and the struggle of having a missing child is causing her to have such overwhelming anxiety and panic that she's doing the best she can just to live through the day. She may be in such physical torment right now that she literally can't function.

"Celina's reclusive behavior " ? She does not sound reclusive.MOO she sounds like a typical small town girl ? She plays sports, and likes to have her buds come over and hang out with her. We know that she had recently gone on a sleepover,because LE talked to the family where she slept over. She looks up to her older sister. Her friend stated that she is a stickler for getting her schoolwork done. Everyone has said how sweet she is, and what a good friend she is.

I think we are basing a whole lot on her aunt's comment that she didn't like to sleep alone in her room if her sis wasn't also there. Their bedroom (s) look to be a ways from the rest of the house,And a poster pointed out that the restaurant parking lot is right next to the house..... All is MOO

For those who have an issue with Celina's dental care, what type of housing the family lived in, their lifestyle, etc:

This is a VERY rural area. It is mostly woods and mountains and then some farmland. There are no cities or big towns. The small towns (a few hundred people) are 15 miles apart. The big towns have a few thousand. People here are predominantly poor. If you fell down in the woods a few feet from a road and were seriously injured or died you might NEVER be found - period. Same goes for drowning in a river. You can get lost in the woods up here and die from hypothermia in the dead of summer.

Other than people in service industries and education like healthcare , skilled trades, teachers, etc the people here are farmers, loggers, laid-off paper makers, etc. Most of the paper mills that were the highest paying employers here 10 years ago have closed. Dairy farms have sold off their herds. Logging, well it's what men do when they can't find ANYTHING else. Economically the "north country" has been hit very hard. Most of the new jobs that have been created are minimum wage junk with no benefits. Even most people who have dental insurance don't have policies that covers much beyond preventative and fillings - heck, most don't have or have lost their health insurance entirely.

As to the children having different surnames - there are a lot of moms up here who had children (usually when very young) with multiple fathers. These are poor people, most do not go on to college, many don't finish high school. Just the way it is.

This is a very different life than what most Americans experience. We don't go shopping at malls (we don't have any). We pretty much don't go "shopping" - we go somewhere to buy something if we NEED it. If a stranger "hangs out" around town, like at a small restaurant, EVERYBODY notices. If it's cold, you don't turn up a thermostat, you go outside and get some more wood for the stove. Friends, both IRL and Facebook could be virtually anybody you know - from gradeschool to geriatric in age. I'm friends with almost all of my kid's friends. Everybody pretty much knows everybody else. Because there just aren't that many people. It isn't unusual to have friends 20 years your senior or 20 years your junior.

So to the uninitiated, welcome to rural america, where people are poor and don't live like those in suburbia. We don't have perfect teeth, nor do our children. Orthodonture is for "rich people". We mostly don't have nice new houses. Mostly we have old houses - if were fortunate enough to be able to afford to buy one. If not, we rent an old house from somebody. Bedrooms are where there is space for a bed. Anywhere from attic to basement. The "north country" is in some respects a third world nation to many - but it just happens to be in the USA.

Thank you for explaining. It is best heard from someone actually from the north country. I wanted to speak of how different it is, but I am thankful you did so, so that people can understand it is a very different world, like moving back in time for most Americans.

I honestly feel bad for the spepfather. Schizophrenia is definetly not an easy meantal illness to deal with...

I wonder why so many veterans develop mental disorders?? It's alarming.

With that said, I hope Celina is safe. I don't think we should condemn her stepfather as the bad guy yet, specially because he seems to have serious mental disorders.

Being an army brat myself, my mothers husband of 14 years, (also the man who abused me for 14 yrs), I think many men and woman of the forces develop some kind of disorder due to what occurs during war.

I have heard Horrific stories from men and woman about what they have gone through.

Yes it's to protect our countries and there is great pride in that but all the killing does go against what all of us are taught growing up, it would cause me to go crazy....

Sorry for the OT

As far as I know, from talking to many of them, they developed the disorders (usually) from seeing/participating in, killing, death, and fear of death. Some that I knew couldn't watch war movies, or any movies with killing in them, they started to shake. Others would go into altered states, when they would, in their minds, be back there in the fear, blood, and kill or be killed scenerio. War takes a horrible toll on our husbands, fathers, and sons, and don't let a waving flag tell you any different.

Our son was the opposite. He obsessed about war. He would watch "Rambo" over and over and over again. Matter of fact, this was the first "symptom" that our son displayed. He would call home and talk about Rambo...he would laugh at inappropriate things and stay on the phone with me for 2 hours. After about a week of this, he had the psychotic break.

Our son was a very popular kid in high school. He was fun-loving and handsome. He served on numerous boards and committees....volunteered at the local charity ministry, was on homecoming court several times, was the school mascot, played year round sports and was involved in student government. He was voted "Wittiest Senior." He did all this while keeping slightly above average grades and working a part-time job at the local grocery store. Everywhere we go, whether in town or out, someone seems to know him...they always ask about him. Its tough to know how to answer.

I cannot find this, that LE told the family to leave their house ? I just have read that the family is staying elsewhere. Forensics is going over the house as it is a crime scene.Last place she was known to be. MOO...

First place i would have looked at and brought in the dogs. Start there and work out if no evidence.
Right now the SF (schizophrenia) and his family of RSO is very troubling.

Re CC's Bio Father:

"According to the family, her father was hospitalized when she went missing.
We don't have details on his condition or location."

by Kevin Clay/Staff 7/29/2011 5:15 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/Search_Continues_For_Missing_11-Year-Old_Girl#ixzz1TVZXEZ00

I wonder if this means 'he was hospitalized due to his daughter missing'...
or 'he was already hospitalized when his daughter was reported missing."

My understanding is that he was already very ill in the hospital. I've not heard if the hospital is close by or if she would have to travel some distance to reach it (if she were trying to go there, for instance).

I keep thinking back to the early 1960s when I was eleven, and I would've been terrified to strike out on my own or run away. I wouldn't have been capable of planning and carrying out meeting up with someone, either. The mental maturity was just not there. I just think of girls that age as still being dependent and hesitant to take risks.

The restaurant next door is probably being heavily investigated, too, for travelers/truckers who did business there during that time period. Hopefully they will examine every single receipt, purchase, and recollection of employees.

Wow I bet that home was glorious in it's heyday (sic), sorry not a good speller this morning, on my phone.

That seems to be a pretty big house, I'm pretty sure if I was an 11 year old girl who usually shared a room, I wouldn't sleep on another floor as my mom if my roomate ( sorry her sister ) stayed the night out. I too would sleep near my parents, especially because there is multiple families living in this giant house.

Kinda scary IMO.

Praying praying and praying a little bit more for Celina.
-----------------
Someone posted a real estate site. I think one of descriptions was that it used to be a schoolhouse. (I'd have to go find it from the 1st thread)

Also, it appeared that it was for sale? If so, who visited to look at it?

There seems to be a fair number of folks that settled in Quebec with the surname of Cass - makes me wonder if she connected online with some of her father's relatives in the Quebec region.

-----------------
Someone posted a real estate site. I think one of descriptions was that it used to be a schoolhouse before converted over to apartments. (I'd have to go find it from the 1st thread)

Also, it appeared that it was for sale? If so, who visited to look at it?

Excellent point about prospective buyers who may have looked at it! I also wonder if outsiders at the restaurant could see in the windows at night. You know how a lighted room with uncurtained windows at night reveal everything going on inside. Sometimes I think that occupants forget this.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...c-search-for-missing-girl-extends-into-canada

The RCMP has joined American local, state and federal police in a desperate search for an 11-year-old New Hampshire girl who vanished Tuesday from her home near the Canadian border.

“There are lots of wooded areas in this part of New Hampshire,” Jane Young, spokeswoman for the New Hampshire Attorney General, told the Star on Friday. “In terms of people, we need all the manpower we can get.”

BBM

Posted earlier at the live stream re more man-power for the search:

"Can we find out ASAP if they want people to help search. I own a camp in West Stewartstown.
It's 4 hour drive for us but we can head up there after work today and could help first thing in
the morning. I also could provide sleeping arrangments for 6 if there are others looking to help."
by Willingtohelp 8:10 AM

@Willingtohelp
"We are asking the rescue teams right now and will update you as soon as we can".
by David Hurlburt/WMUR Staff</EM> edited by David Hurlburt/WMUR Staff 8:10 AM

"An answer for all of you who have asked... The personnel leading the search efforts tell
us that they discourage members of the public from heading to Stewartstown to take part
in the search. They said that bigger numbers of untrained people can end up being counterproductive.
The teams they are using are specially trained to look for certain things. They are extremely thankful
to all of you for your suggestions and offers to help them out".
by David Hurlburt/WMUR Staff</EM> edited by David Hurlburt/WMUR Staff 8:15 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/Search_Continues_For_Missing_11-Year-Old_Girl#ixzz1TVgRAbsL

First place i would have looked at and brought in the dogs. Start there and work out if no evidence.

Yeah, what are the odds that one of her closest relatives is from a family of RSOs AND has *advertiser censored*/psych issues himself?

The girl's comment about being unable to live with or without family may just be a cliche, OR it may indicate troubling conditions at home.

As a child I would be to scared to sleep in the basement, even if it was my own bedroom, alone. As an adult, I still would not do it. Some people are just afraid of basements, and being alone.
If she did take off where would she go? Why does this case sound so familiar, what other girl disappeared over night. I am sure the that LE has already gone through the computer. Can the computer tell you who she would be chatting to online, facebook that is? If she was up late, what would she be doing besides playing fb games... Chatting to someone.

BBM

Perhaps she should have specified that they only want professionally trained searchers. Locals are now offering to come help in the search but they are turning down.

An answer for all of you who have asked... The personnel leading the search efforts tell us that they discourage members of the public from heading to Stewartstown to take part in the search. They said that bigger numbers of untrained people can end up being counterproductive. The teams they are using are specially trained to look for certain things. They are extremely thankful to all of you for your suggestions and offers to help them out.
by David Hurlburt/WMUR Staff edited by David Hurlburt/WMUR Staff 10:15 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/Search_Continues_For_Missing_11-Year-Old_Girl#ixzz1TVgnFsnc

Someone mentioned something about a roominghouse being close by. That is very interesting.

I wonder if Mark Klaas is directly involved in the search. I think about what happened to Polly and how that murderer was roaming around the neighborhood. Also think of the Elizabeth Smart case. In both of those instances, the abductors got into the property and used weapons to immediately "control". I don't think there was much evidence of a struggle seen in either case.

That comment about there probably being a basement, cellar door that opens from the ground, is interesting. Could be the entry point.

Whoever took herprobably had access to a vehicle. MOO but I believe that LE would have impounded the family's vehicle(s) if they really suspected the SF, or the parents. I read that dogs were used when LE was examining the red truck parked near to the house. So it is telling that LE did not decide to take the dogs into the house, if that is in fact the case. MOO

On the other hand, that is a HUGE old building. I'm sure there are lots of hiding places within the structure itself..... MOO

I don't think our brave military men and women should be described as "killers".....

Having a loved one who is serving our great country this is MOO.

BBM

Perhaps she should have specified that they only want professionally trained searchers. Locals are now offering to come help in the search but they are turning down.

I am always confused over how some LE want only professional, and others want as much help that they can get... I wonder if its due to evidence?

Someone mentioned something about a roominghouse being close by. That is very interesting.

I wonder if Mark Klaas is directly involved in the search. I think about what happened to Polly and how that murderer was roaming around the neighborhood. Also think of the Elizabeth Smart case. In both of those instances, the abductors got into the property and used weapons to immediately "control". I don't think there was much evidence of a struggle seen in either case.

That comment about there probably being a basement, cellar door that opens from the ground, is interesting. Could be the entry point.

Yes, I agree with you about the possible point of entry, and I wonder if the door was unlocked ? MOO

Does anyone know if they searched the homes/boarding houses close by her home yet? That is usually done, at least in some cases. tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy