TKS S1 E6: "A Killer on the Road".

I am so hooked!! Always left with a cliffhanger....must re-watch each episode so I don't miss any detail! So well-done and suspenseful.

How long is the series? will it be more than 1 season?

Another fantastic eye-opening show!
Josh and Rachel were very calm cool and collected and very approachable to the wide variety of people interviewed for the show, no wonder people were willing to talk to them.

One small thing caught my attention when Rachel spoke to one trucker in his truck and asked him what would happen to her if she was on her own.... He said something about her getting mistaken as a prostitute because of the way she was dressed.
Unless i missed something, Rachel was wearing a simple and modest black t shirt, what is up with that comment?!
imo.

:welcome3:

Yes! I was wearing black jeans and a black t-shirt. nothing tight either!

I am so hooked!! Always left with a cliffhanger....must re-watch each episode so I don't miss any detail! So well-done and suspenseful.

How long is the series? will it be more than 1 season?

Thanks! 8 episodes, just 1 season for now... we will see!
-Rachel

I don't know if obtaining dna swabs on all truckers is possible, but it seems there should be some type of "trucker tracking task force".
Yes they need a system for sure.
I think DNA and fingerprints should be obtained. THe good truckers won't mind, the bad ones will resist. explaining why it's needed the good guys will help and be cooperative. I don't know how they will do it. Maybe make them redo all of their license and when doing so they have DNA obtained and fingerprints are too. Once you've done that there is no need to retest. DNA and fingerprints don't change.If they are innocent then they won't mind at all. JMOO of course

Thanks Rachel...you are one brave woman! That was kinda creepy comment trucker made in such close quarters! I would have been leaping out!! I can;t wait to see how you wrap series up! Josh is a wonderful commentator/narrator. Love every second!

Sorry to be replying to my own reply but thought I should mention that one of the "Texas Killing Fields" victim was the 13 year old niece of Marilyn Monroe. A lot of these victims were very young girls - youngest that I saw was 12 years old & up to 25 YOA. Unlike LISK I don't believe the victim's were working the streets. 30 women missing &/or murdered, 2 Jane Doe's, & majority unsolved homicides.

I just went outside and prayed for all of these women, their families, friends, and loved ones. I never imagined, after tonight's episodes, that there were SO MANY! We should start a petition to the government that VICAP be MANDATORY and that anyone, anywhere, arrested should have to give a DNA sample (even familial DNA could bring closure to many of these unsolved cases) There is so much heartbreak out there.
I am so thankful this holiday season that my family/ friends are not looking back on my life through this horrific documentary! Please, every websluth out there, say a prayer for these victims and their families and pray for closure for their loved ones!

Thanks! 8 episodes, just 1 season for now... we will see!
-Rachel
Y'all were so BRAVE!
I applaud you all because y'all went into dangerous situations to get this case solved! The guy with the machete
was so frightening! Was he just a squatter? If so y'all had just as much business out there as they did. Did y'all call the cops on them for their threatening behavior?
Is the msp with all the red dots across the USA available online?
THANK YOU FOR GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO GET ANSWERS! :tyou:

I pray that the person will be brought to justice

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

With the huge possibility that many of these murders are committed by long haul truck drivers, why don't they do a DNA- swab on each trucker. Make it mandatory. No DNA- sample no license to drive a big rig. I mean this amount of murders needs to be looked at long and hard. I have a feeling if they could get DNA- from them all, most of these murders would be solved.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
If a trucker must submit then all people should submit period to form a nationwide database.
I've was in the industry for over 20 years (I am female, spouse still a driver) that being said I feel no single occupation should be singled out.
Maybe that is already happening with the electronic logs and GPS tracking that is now becoming mandatory in that field. Not necessarily DNA, but tracking going on for sure. Thank goodness, maybe these sickos who give good truck drivers a bad name will be caught and the interstates will be a safer place.
Actually electronic logs and GPS tracking are NOT mandatory. There are lawyers for independent truckers who have been keeping the laws from being passed to make it mandatory. I for one am all for passing the laws to make them mandatory. I am retired now due to medical reasons, however my spouse is still a driver. My last few years of driving were in electronic logs, my spouse is on electronic logs, and both units are tracked. He also, out of his own pocket, purchased a dash cam a lot of things are caught on his cam.

----------------

My heart strings get torn each time I see people point fingers at truckers. I'm not oblivious to the fact there are serial killer truckers out there, but I do not feel there would be any more of them or any less in any other profession. The only difference is that being as mobile as they are they have more chances to remain anonymous for longer as there is a need for a system that actually works to connect law enforcement from all over so more patterns can be obvious.

From the episode...
Oklahoma City has long been a city that creeps me out. There are several very large truck stops there. At one time, I'm not sure if it still exists, one was on the same property of a hotel that has a bar. As a female I woukd never have gone in there to hang out, have a meal, drinks etc.

Some of the truck stops at the western part of town back up to empty lots that are very scary as well.

As a driver you heat different rumours and or tall tales. One such story I've heard from many fellow drivers is that a prostitute in OKC gave a driver a STD and he has sought vengeance since by killing protitutes from there. I have no idea where the story got started but I've heard it many times.

Another thing I want to point out. A lot of people talk about drug use in the trucking industry. It's not that common really. Companies are required to do "X" amount of random tests per quarter. The names are drawn from a pool of employees as well as its common for the trained representative of the company will be set up in the break room testing every driver who hits the yard. Random testing is a big deal as is annual testing to retain your job. Drug tests are also given when a driver goes in for their physical "health card" which is required to be valid and current, as well as it is to be taken to the DMV and it is scanned into the system which can be viewed by any law enforcement or DOT by swiping or scanning their CDL or by entering the licence number. By the way, the physical requirements have been updated in the past few years and the requirements now are more detailed than what a commercial pilot has to pass to retain their health card in order to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Wow. I'm in a band that travels a few times a year and we frequently sleep in the van at rest and truck stops. Never thought anything about getting out of the van to smoke or wander around while my band mates slept. Not anymore.

275 long haul murderers.The ones the FBI knows about then we have the unaccounted for that are still out there.I wonder about the significance of 4 in some of these cases.I know given the fact that these guys and gals are pretty much transient the body count is much higher. I also live in the Houston/Galveston area and wonder about The Killing Field murders.

If a trucker must submit then all people should submit period to form a nationwide database.
I've was in the industry for over 20 years (I am female, spouse still a driver) that being said I feel no single occupation should be singled out.

Actually electronic logs and GPS tracking are NOT mandatory. There are lawyers for independent truckers who have been keeping the laws from being passed to make it mandatory. I for one am all for passing the laws to make them mandatory. I am retired now due to medical reasons, however my spouse is still a driver. My last few years of driving were in electronic logs, my spouse is on electronic logs, and both units are tracked. He also, out of his own pocket, purchased a dash cam a lot of things are caught on his cam.

----------------

My heart strings get torn each time I see people point fingers at truckers. I'm not oblivious to the fact there are serial killer truckers out there, but I do not feel there would be any more of them or any less in any other profession. The only difference is that being as mobile as they are they have more chances to remain anonymous for longer as there is a need for a system that actually works to connect law enforcement from all over so more patterns can be obvious.

From the episode...
Oklahoma City has long been a city that creeps me out. There are several very large truck stops there. At one time, I'm not sure if it still exists, one was on the same property of a hotel that has a bar. As a female I woukd never have gone in there to hang out, have a meal, drinks etc.

Some of the truck stops at the western part of town back up to empty lots that are very scary as well.

As a driver you heat different rumours and or tall tales. One such story I've heard from many fellow drivers is that a prostitute in OKC gave a driver a STD and he has sought vengeance since by killing protitutes from there. I have no idea where the story got started but I've heard it many times.

Another thing I want to point out. A lot of people talk about drug use in the trucking industry. It's not that common really. Companies are required to do "X" amount of random tests per quarter. The names are drawn from a pool of employees as well as its common for the trained representative of the company will be set up in the break room testing every driver who hits the yard. Random testing is a big deal as is annual testing to retain your job. Drug tests are also given when a driver goes in for their physical "health card" which is required to be valid and current, as well as it is to be taken to the DMV and it is scanned into the system which can be viewed by any law enforcement or DOT by swiping or scanning their CDL or by entering the licence number. By the way, the physical requirements have been updated in the past few years and the requirements now are more detailed than what a commercial pilot has to pass to retain their health card in order to work.

I am curious how often are the cabs looked in by LE ? Not really searched but just to see if anyone else is in the cab ? Or in the trailer. Vampire trucker for example ?

Wow. I'm in a band that travels a few times a year and we frequently sleep in the van at rest and truck stops. Never thought anything about getting out of the van to smoke or wander around while my band mates slept. Not anymore.
Oh my, please don't be in those places alone, especially at night. Even the locations with 24/7 security are not totally safe as there is usually only one guard for the entire park. And nearly none of the truck stops have security.
275 long haul murderers.The ones the FBI knows about then we have the unaccounted for that are still out there.I wonder about the significance of 4 in some of these cases.I know given the fact that these guys and gals are pretty much transient the body count is much higher. I also live in the Houston/Galveston area and wonder about The Killing Field murders.
I'm not entirely sure the 275 are all due to long haulers. That is just my personal opinion.

Please excuse my typos. Big fingers and smart phones are not friends.

I am curious how often are the cabs looked in by LE ? Not really searched but just to see if anyone else is in the cab ? Or in the trailer. Vampire trucker for example ?
As far as the cab, not often at all. Trailers are looked in even less due to trailers being "sealed" which usually is nothing more than a plastic lock one can rip off with their hands, no tools needed. Some loads, especially high value loads or dangerous materials are sealed with metal bolts.

If you have traveled on the interstate system you may have noticed "weigh stations " most of those now are equipped with a xray system and it can be seen by thermal if there is another person in the cab.

About the only time a cab is looked in is at border checks. Sometimes, but not always if you've been selected for inspection at a weigh station and at secure locations where a driver is delivering to loading at. Secure locations are usually places where computers, electronics, alcohol, Tobacco or firearms are being loaded to just name a few.

I used to haul under a military contract at one point in my transportation career. My rig was inspected at each base I went to, coming and going. You will not find a driver trying to stay under the radar in those positions however. In my case, in order to haul on the contract I was under I was finger printed, and I endured the process for secret clearance which is the same process a person entering the military or government job endures. The higher the clearance you were given the more pay you recieved because of the nature of the hauling you were granted to do.

As far as the cab, not often at all. Trailers are looked in even less due to trailers being "sealed" which usually is nothing more than a plastic lock one can rip off with their hands, no tools needed. Some loads, especially high value loads or dangerous materials are sealed with metal bolts.

If you have traveled on the interstate system you may have noticed "weigh stations " most of those now are equipped with a xray system and it can be seen by thermal if there is another person in the cab.

About the only time a cab is looked in is at border checks. Sometimes, but not always if you've been selected for inspection at a weigh station and at secure locations where a driver is delivering to loading at. Secure locations are usually places where computers, electronics, alcohol, Tobacco or firearms are being loaded to just name a few.

I used to haul under a military contract at one point in my transportation career. My rig was inspected at each base I went to, coming and going. You will not find a driver trying to stay under the radar in those positions however. In my case, in order to haul on the contract I was under I was finger printed, and I endured the process for secret clearance which is the same process a person entering the military or government job endures. The higher the clearance you were given the more pay you recieved because of the nature of the hauling you were granted to do.

I have a secret clearance (ex Army) so a x-ray machine can see a person in the cab but can it tell you if they are being held against their will ? Does the cab get scanned or just the cargo?

Also a Twic card should be mandatory for all drivers of commercial vehicles as well not at just docks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Both units are scanned at the locations where the scanner is available. No, it wouldn't be able to tell if a person is being held against their will. I'm not 100% certain on the things they are looking for in the scans either. I have seen the screens when a unit rolls across them but never asked what they are looking for.

I agree on the TWIC cards. We have those as well and at first when tjey came out I was leary of them as they are RFID chipped but now I can actually appreciate the fact that they are.

Both units are scanned at the locations where the scanner is available. No, it wouldn't be able to tell if a person is being held against their will. I'm not 100% certain on the things they are looking for in the scans either. I have seen the screens when a unit rolls across them but never asked what they are looking for.

I agree on the TWIC cards. We have those as well and at first when tjey came out I was leary of them as they are RFID chipped but now I can actually appreciate the fact that they are.

Thanks Honesty for shedding light on the profession. Hubby drove for 10 years and then went back to college to get his degree in computer programming. There are some really good people in this profession and some really evil people as well that you can just feel the evil radiating off of them.

I looked last night an it appears electronic logs don't go into full force and effect until 2017. Understandably the companies/drivers that cheat on their log books don't want the electronic logs implemented.

When I'm on the road alone, I never stop at truck stops and I never stop at rest areas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back