2 Coal Miners trapped Barton, MD

ember

~*~ Tree hugging dirt worshipper ~*~
Reaction score
FOX news has been reporting on this.
It happened right up the road from me....about 15 minutes from where I sit right now. I know many people from there. Barton borders the town I grew up in until I was in 5th grade. I know many miners up there. Please pray for these guys.

Link to the story from our local paper:
http://www.times-news.com/local/local_story_107115422.html

Prayers and good thoughts for the trapped miners and their families.

BARTON - Rescue operations continued full-force Wednesday to reach two trapped strip mine workers who were buried with their heavy equipment Tuesday at the Tri-Star Mining Co. site.

Under the direction of federal Mine Safety and Health Administration officials, work to remove thousands of tons of earthen materials that began at 6 p.m. Tuesday continued throughout the night and into Wednesday morning.

"Debris is being loaded into 100-ton trucks at the rate of 25 to 30 loads per hour. But there is still a long way to go," said MSHA spokeswoman Amy Louviere.

Thanks for the update Shadow darlin!!! My thoughts and prayers are with these miners and their families.

Are they out yet?

Geez, how awful, anyones worst nightmare- I pray they get out alive.

Hey--I logged on this morning and saw your thread, and logged on this evening before I go to bed. I have been thinking of these miners all day, and praying for the best possible outcome.

They still haven't got to them yet.

Update from our local paper:

The men trapped are Dale Jones & Mike Wilt. Please keep them in your thoughts. I know Mike Wilt's family. They are devastated, obvioulsy. We are holding out hope that they are trapped in the cabs of the equipment and not in the rubble itself. Please keep sending the prayers. Thanks to all of you.

I was just checking to see if these coal miners were free. My thoughts and prayers are w/ them and their families.

Praying that they get the miners out soon.
We had two miners trapped for a fornight down here and they were brought to the surface alive and well.....miracles do happen

Looks like they haven't reached the trapped men yet...

BARTON - Safety concerns amidst round-the-clock excavating at the Tri-Star Mining Co. site where two miners have been trapped for the past 48 hours interrupted the rescue efforts for about seven hours early Thursday.

In addition, explosives used in two separate charges to remove a dangerous section of the high wall atop the rescue site brought "the majority of material" back in on the area where it had been previously removed.

http://www.times-news.com/local/local_story_109100429.html

Praying that they get the miners out soon.
We had two miners trapped for a fornight down here and they were brought to the surface alive and well.....miracles do happen

Yep, I am still hopeful for these guys.

I pray they get out.

Yep, I am still hopeful for these guys.

I pray they get out.
My thoughts and prayers go to the miners and their families. Hope they get out safe.
It worries me a little that explosives are being used so close to where the miners are trapped, what sort of support team do they have working there. Have they made any contact with the men yet. We had a similar thing happen here where two miners were trapped, but with the hard work of educated people from the mining system, and their workmates, they got out safe and sound after being about 1 mile underground for 2 weeks.
I hope you guys get the same outcome. Good Luck.

Our guys were virtually dug out by hand,thats why it took so long...but contact had been made and they were able to get food and water to them luckily.

My thoughts and prayers go to the miners and their families. Hope they get out safe.
It worries me a little that explosives are being used so close to where the miners are trapped, what sort of support team do they have working there. Have they made any contact with the men yet. We had a similar thing happen here where two miners were trapped, but with the hard work of educated people from the mining system, and their workmates, they got out safe and sound after being about 1 mile underground for 2 weeks.
I hope you guys get the same outcome. Good Luck.

I was worried about the explosives too- just from my knowledge of what happened to the guys in Tassie (how's that, I've forgotten their names already! lol) ( I remember one was Todd Brant that right?)

Anyway, I'm sure it must have been safe- they surely wouldn't jeapordise the lives of these two guys....I assume they know what they are doing...?

I wonder how far down they are?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine