Sidebar Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have to keep most names out of it... simply because some things happened that I know would make certain people very unhappy and it was just a dream afterall. I will say it was Beach who found Casey hiding in the closet. To put it lightly, it got really ugly. So ugly that Cindy showed up and wanted charges pressed on Beach, but John Allen (sorry Yuri girls, it was John Allen) would not take Beach in.

You would think that Casey would have learned her lesson after coming into contact with Beach, but she didn't. She came back the same day and in the same manner. Under the same fur coat. Another member (who shall remain unnamed because I know that this is NOT how they would act in real life if they ever came into contact with Casey Anthony) actually sat Casey down and talked to her very calmly. Casey really was very sweet, with her black eyes and all, and lied and lied and lied. Finally another unnamed member started going off on Casey... and I mean they were sceaming at her... and using a lot of F-bombs. Calling her a murderer. Letting Casey know that we all knew she murdered Caylee and that we wouldn't stop sluething her until she was locked up forever. Cindy was in the background screaming back... don't know what she was saying, but "Mother of the year" popped in there at one point. You know how Cindy is.

The media showed up and Webslueths made the front page... I don't remember the headline, but they had a picture of Casey wearing AZLawyer's fur coat and she had her black eyes.

Tricia was proud. :floorlaugh: Beach got a promotion? To what, I have no idea? Then we all got drunk... with Casey Anthony!! :truce:

It was just a dream...

ETA: I know there was more, I just don't remember?

OMG - Are you taking Chantix!? I never remembered dreams until I started that....and now even afterwards, I still "stay awake" with my dreams! And no, still smoking durn it!

As an aside - not as a response to this post - but where is that cartoon of a fisherman with a hook in his behind.....I'm wanting that right now :floorlaugh:

Also, didn't get seated on the jury today with State Court - I called in last night, and my number said not to come. One of my friends did though, and was excused........DUI case, she thinks she was let go as she has small children.

:sigh: :no:

I'm staying out of this one! :rocker:

So, I've been thinking about writing a made-for-television script based on OUR experience with this case. I even have a title:

"Discussion Board Member's Unite (As We are Not Blogger's): No Mis-Truths or Half-Truths Included: An Ode to Cindy Anthony." :crazy:

Totally kidding, of coarse!

I had the craziest dream last night... and I mean crazy!! A lot of you were in this dream as Webslueths was not just an online forum... I had actually stepped into Webslueths as it was now a real office. Tons of files, computers, evidence, books, papers, etc... I would say it resembled a law office and a nightclub in one as we had a bar (I can only assume it was the sidebar?) just outside the office where we would all meet up.

I don't know if I should go any further with this dream, as we had found Casey Anthony herself hiding in the closet underneath AZLawyer's fur coat? She was spying on us.

I may have to keep most names out of it... simply because some things happened that I know would make certain people very unhappy and it was just a dream afterall. I will say it was Beach who found Casey hiding in the closet. To put it lightly, it got really ugly. So ugly that Cindy showed up and wanted charges pressed on Beach, but John Allen (sorry Yuri girls, it was John Allen) would not take Beach in.

You would think that Casey would have learned her lesson after coming into contact with Beach, but she didn't. She came back the same day and in the same manner. Under the same fur coat. Another member (who shall remain unnamed because I know that this is NOT how they would act in real life if they ever came into contact with Casey Anthony) actually sat Casey down and talked to her very calmly. Casey really was very sweet, with her black eyes and all, and lied and lied and lied. Finally another unnamed member started going off on Casey... and I mean they were sceaming at her... and using a lot of F-bombs. Calling her a murderer. Letting Casey know that we all knew she murdered Caylee and that we wouldn't stop sluething her until she was locked up forever. Cindy was in the background screaming back... don't know what she was saying, but "Mother of the year" popped in there at one point. You know how Cindy is.

The media showed up and Webslueths made the front page... I don't remember the headline, but they had a picture of Casey wearing AZLawyer's fur coat and she had her black eyes.

Tricia was proud. :floorlaugh: Beach got a promotion? To what, I have no idea? Then we all got drunk... with Casey Anthony!! :truce:

It was just a dream...

O
M
G
:thud:

OMG - Are you taking Chantix!? I never remembered dreams until I started that....and now even afterwards, I still "stay awake" with my dreams! And no, still smoking durn it!

As an aside - not as a response to this post - but where is that cartoon of a fisherman with a hook in his behind.....I'm wanting that right now :floorlaugh:

Also, didn't get seated on the jury today with State Court - I called in last night, and my number said not to come. One of my friends did though, and was excused........DUI case, she thinks she was let go as she has small children.

Darn!! Not AGAIN!!:maddening: ...:therethere:

I have never been called for jury duty? Ever! I'm thinking it has to do with three people using my SS# to get a drivers license? They've got a flag on my SS# through the DMV because of this.

Frankly I don't think I'm alone in saying it is a wonder JA maintained the control he did (as well as HHJP, LDB and all the others) during the trial after dealing with JB and his puerile and unprofessional antics for three years before it even started. (JB's behavior was practically a perfect mirror of his client's throughout).

I've often thought that I'd have had to have been physically restrained more than once if I'd had to deal with the unethical tactics, disrespectful accusations, self-aggrandizing swill, devious lies, entitled dog-in-the-manger attitude, disorganized hearing appearances and unprofessional pathetically amateur motions that guy dished out over the years that made a mockery of the entire jurisprudence system in Florida. At the very least I'd have needed heavy medication.

I think they all deserve medals and combat pay for having to put up with it at all.

I agree. The jury should have been paying attention to the evidence, which they swore there wasn't enough of, instead of who they liked better. A DP trial should NOT be a popularity contest. Sure, Ashton could have done better. I agree. But they should not have based their vote on whether they liked Ashton or not, or that they liked Baez more. This is about the death of an innocent two year old girl, not which lawyer says hello in the morning. They used not enough evidence as an excuse. They didn't care about the evidence, they just cared about who pandered to them, and apparently since the prosecution didn't, that meant Casey should go free. What a jury. A prosecution shouldn't have to pander to a jury to get a guilty verdict. There is something seriously wrong with our justice system when a "hello" from a smarmy, idiotic lawyer means more than an intelligent, well thought out prosecution.

It was just a dream...

.......... :innocent: ..........Uh Uh....... Wasn't ...........

I watched a LOT of experienced attorneys commenting on JB's performance, and read Richard Hornsby's analysis and they were all very similar. They felt he was an embarrassment to their profession.
RH summed it up best- "In my personal and professional opinion, Jose Baez is a moron."

Yes, I remember that, and then I read some comments that said because he "won" that's all that matters - but I don't think the majority of his peers or the population agree with that.

It was just a dream...

The "f-bomb" dropping member was me...I just know it....please, please say it was!

The trial of Casey Anthony pumped millions of dollars in to the Orlando economy. I have seen reports (linked to in previous posts) that claim the amount of income generated was that of hosting the Super Bowl once a week during the entire trial.
And I do own property in Orange County, pay property taxes there, and no, my taxes have not been raised in any way, shape, manner, or form due to the trial. FLORIDA does not have state income taxes.

BBM
I don't believe this for even one second. Where is the proof they made the same amount of money as hosting a super bowl once a week? :floorlaugh:

link please to an article, not to a post with someones assumptions

So, I just got off the phone with Full Sail (the school Tony L. and all their friends went to) because I am going to go for a Creative Writing degree and they asked me how I heard about Full Sail and I had to be honest and told them: "Well, the first time I heard about Full Sail was through the Casey Anthony Case. Casey's boyfriend at the time of the crime was attending Full Sail University." :floorlaugh:

I hope they don't think I am crazy!

Yes, I remember that, and then I read some comments that said because he "won" that's all that matters - but I don't think the majority of his peers or the population agree with that.

He was derided by many of his peers throughout the trial as a bumbling, incompetent embarrassment to the profession - unprepared, lack of knowledge (both in procedure and case law) and unprofessional. IMO, that assessment did not change with the verdict. I think he is viewed by his peers the same as he is viewed by most of the public - not as a brilliant strategist, but as the luckiest son of a (self-edit) gun ever to try a case. He "won" that trial despite himself.

I have BOXES of Chantix that I am afraid to take because of stories like this!!! I used to take Ambien until I did some stuff on my computer like uploading pics to facebook that I TOTALLY did not remember until days later when I saw them on my desktop......:eek:
I have a fear of driving down the road nekked ... so I'm skeered to take the Chantix.... :floorlaugh:

I have BOXES of Chantix that I am afraid to take because of stories like this!!! I used to take Ambien until I did some stuff on my computer like uploading pics to facebook that I TOTALLY did not remember until days later when I saw them on my desktop......:eek:
I have a fear of driving down the road nekked ... so I'm skeered to take the Chantix.... :floorlaugh:

So funny....

So, I just got off the phone with Full Sail (the school Tony L. and all their friends went to) because I am going to go for a Creative Writing degree and they asked me how I heard about Full Sail and I had to be honest and told them: "Well, the first time I heard about Full Sail was through the Casey Anthony Case. Casey's boyfriend at the time of the crime was attending Full Sail University." :floorlaugh:

I hope they don't think I am crazy!

And we all sang a round of "It's a small world after all" - that is hilarious and maybe...:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆