TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was the phone remember it's probably fried from the rain. They'd need to have the forensic folks carefully extract the data which I'm betting will take a day or two.

That explains why they'd say "may help" or "may" be hers. It may look like and be the same model but until the forensic people pull the back off/battery they won't see the identifying information/ID # to confirm.

The thing that sticks out about the location the item was found is that it doesn't fit with any specific course when viewed with the lunch bag. There's no clear directionality.

That is why I think he is leaving stuff to throw LE off. He may have her held up in a cabin, a vacate one, maybe not even his. He could be out there searching with everyone and leaving stuff, and going back with her at night. you never know.

I wonder if anyone was released from prison back into the area in recent months or the past year. Sometimes probation officers have some ideas about who might commit certain crimes. A man who murdered (at least) two young women out west some years back was originally pinpointed by his parole officer as a possible suspect.

Can someone local direct me to the location of the Eaton plant, so I can add it to the map?

I added Woodlawn Shores as a search area for today.

I was
reading your posts last night and this morning and I have forgotten some of what I was going to say, but somewhere someone mentioned that they didn't think that there would be much tree trimming in April.... That is insignificant in those parts. I imagine that they do a lot of things like clearing lots for new construction, cutting
trees that have fallen in all of these storms we have had,
Etc.
It isn't like tree trimming/landscaping like you would do in the suburbs

Well, I would not have thought of looking in trees to find horses either. How did they get up there? Sorry, I couldn't resist!

I grew up in Tennessee woods very similiar to these. As a kid and teen, I thought I could get lost in them for weeks. But if a thousand people had been looking for days, it would be hard to hide two people, one being unable or unwilling to move rapidly. These are not the Smokey Mountains we are dealing with. Just relatively small patches of wooded areas.

If he has been busy getting away, he is far away and someone will tip that. But if this is a game to him, it would be a thrill to stay "amongst" the people and drop clues and "watch" the game being played. Now, we are far from this scenario being anything but a figment of my imagination.

Yes, he has to know he'll be caught sooner or later, either consciously or subconsciously. The thrill grows from knowing he'll be caught and punished, and the punishment is going to hurt. Like the run up to a good spanking.

Freud on it

Can someone local direct me to the location of the Eaton plant, so I can add it to the map?

look at all those trees!!!!
The dirt road right next to the road goes right into those trees.
A needle in a haystack!

Combine this and the possible planting of clues and you get a scary picture of the perp but one that may have Holly alive.

Do you think the perp is someone who feels he can & will get away with anything? Such as LE can't touch me I have connections?

Hey folks, new member here. Software architect by trade, amateur sleuth by hobby :)

I have read every post in all threads. Here are my thoughts and my theory FWIW.

Rambling thoughts:
- The perp had this well planned out far in advance. Infatuated male 35+
- The perp used the ruse of a hunter many times to scope out the residence
- The perp threatened HB with gun/knife at point of abduction
- The perp transported HB from ATV to auto to current location
- The perp is taunting LE with placement of clues in random locations
- HB scream occurred closer to neighbors than her own.
- Family has no involvement in this crime
- I believe perp thought HB was home alone.

Still struggling with:
- Blood at the scene. How, who, and why?
- How was ATV transitioned to automobile? Pickup with cover?

I believe this was very well planned by a methodical individual that will not easily be caught.

I feel that HB is alive and the perp wants her to be his long-term sexual possession.

I would think if Holly was alive after all this time and all the ppl searching this guy would give himself up...and go for a lesser sentence at least it wouldnt be murder. He has no where to go but down but its his choice how far down hes willing to go.

I dont think we know where this substancial piece of evidence was found sure we know where they were searching but was it found there?
Could someone walking down that road have seen it and called LE...
I dont know and i think our imaginations are working overtime LOL

How interested in 'giving himself up' would he be if he knew he was facing a murder 1 rap?? Which I SINCERELY hope is NOT the case.

Hollye, I am just trying to get caught up today, and I do not know if it has been confirmed that the "substantial" finding was indeed found at the Eaton Plant. I posted a Map last night, which indicates Holly's House and 100 Eaton St. (the Eaton Plant), as I wondered if the perp could navigate through the Bush via ATV or Foot, but Greengreen said that it had not been said where the Substantial finding was found.

Anyway, here is the Map, maybe it will be helpful to you.

Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q....674938,-88.145628&spn=0.017361,0.035963&z=14

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #14

Hi everyone. I am new here but been praying for / thinking about Holly and reading your thoughts for a week now. I think: 1. it was at least initially two people as abductors. It is the only thing that makes sense to me. I think it involved a car very soon after the short term woods scene. 2. it was not a supersmart abduction. I think they just randomly tossed evidence like dumb & dumber. Maybe a robbery gone bad? Tree service guys (loggers) keep cash on hand frequently as a means of operation. Who knew this? 3. They will soon be found I think unless suicide is involved then could take longer. I hope she is still OK. But either way DONT THEY KNOW it is in THEIR/HIS OWN best interest to come forward? They were probably so high on drugs they never imagined all of this attention and now are just scrambling trying to figure all of this out. 4. I trust LE and think they know exactly what they are doing. 5. The brother is in NO way involved IMO. If it were robbery there may be aspects LE & Clint know that they dont think wise to tell right now. Well..its all IMO!

I do have one question for you forensic experts. In testing hair or other evidence would you be able to tell if victim was still alive at that time from the testing? How long would it take to get those type of tests back? That would influence their sense of urgency if they knew that one way or the other. I am still praying hard though!

That is why I think he is leaving stuff to throw LE off. He may have her held up in a cabin, a vacate one, maybe not even his. He could be out there searching with everyone and leaving stuff, and going back with her at night. you never know.

Maybe but we also don't know if this is really where things are being found either.

If this was a phone and I pray that it is her phone it could be the big break. I hope it's a very new phone/last 6-18 months that does all the things we need it to do to put a lot of the pieces together.

Remember just knowing where the phone had gone prior is huge as they may find more evidence or maybe even find her.

I'm really counting on the fact that this clown watched too many CSI episodes with their simplistic portrayals of things. That would be a huge break for the real LE in this case.

Think about this..... how many times have there been kidnappings where belongings were scattered in the general area? This is all very odd.

a year ago or so our area had a missing young women (in her 20's) - not sure if any of you have heard about the Colonel of our Cdn Army who was charged with her murder - he was the highest rank at our local base - had a cottage just outside of town - familar with area - camo clothing, etc. He was since charged with another murder and many many many break and enters, etc. etc. etc....
What I am saying is this could be anyone - someone you would never in a million years think is capable of something like this.
They tracked his vehicle down by tire tracks and doing roadside blocks on a normal work day to see who would go back and forth in front of this young lady's home where they were able to take tire tracks from mud and snow. Body was found not far from his cottage where he was living - In the woods

I'm certain the TBI is very aware of how loudly the clock is ticking.

And not to pick on you at all, but now that I'm typing, I may as well keep going, lol. I have to shake my head when I read posts indignantly asking why LE haven't done this or that, when we really have no idea whether they have or haven't done a certain thing.

I haven't really ever considered myself to be too trusting, but I must be, because I just assumed all those well-trained, experienced LE know what they are doing. :twocents:

It just bothers me when I see people assuming that LE is not smart enough to do the obvious. Like search the pool, or use dogs, or try a metal detector, etc.

Thanks for your patience with me letting this all out in a reply to you. :)

No problem. You are right, too. I am seriously questioning LE at this point & that must have come across to you, rightly so. I know, LE knows more than we do,I'm not doubting that. I'm just feeling the frustration of inconsistencies. I still hope for the best outcome, but starting to realize the best outcome is based on what's left, not some ideal version of Holly throwing breadcrumbs out the window for over a week.

I wonder what led searchers to Woodlawn Shores rd? That is a ways off and in the middle of woods it seems. There are some bodies of water around there also. A large area to search.

Hollye, I am just trying to get caught up today, and I do not know if it has been confirmed that the "substantial" finding was indeed found at the Eaton Plant. I posted a Map last night, which indicates Holly's House and 100 Eaton St. (the Eaton Plant), as I wondered if the perp could navigate through the Bush via ATV or Foot, but Greengreen said that it had not been said where the Substantial finding was found.

Anyway, here is the Map, maybe it will be helpful to you.

Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=from:+681+Swan+Johnson+Rd,+Darden,+tn+to:+100+Eaton+St,+Parsons,+tn&ie=UTF8&t=h&saddr=681+Swan+Johnson+Rd,+Darden,+tn&daddr=100+Eaton+St,+Parsons,+tn&geocode=FehrIAIdfYy--ilD_F71fGJ8iDFmPvQueqLSHA%3BFYt-IAIdM2y_-iklZOrB4oh8iDGT1BYQOSL-pQ&ll=35.674938,-88.145628&spn=0.017361,0.035963&z=14

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #14

Thanks Wondergirl! I got 100 Eaton Road on my map earlier today, as TriCounty Concrete Products, but then someone (greengreen, I think) said that TriCounty and the Eaton Plant are not exactly the same, but are near each other.

I need to leave to go home and take care of the kids, but will likely be on later tonight after 7:30 or so.

Welcome to WS, Shollenberger and LegallyBrown!

Finding something that belongs to Holly is significant but it also doesn't mean it'll have any value when it comes to finding her or the perp.
It's not really backtracking.

I was more referring to the we're "pretty sure" it's hers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy