TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had asked this last week about whether LE would need her phone to track and ping it and was told they would not need it...so why so much hoopla if phone WAS found? I'm just not getting it...is it all about fingerprints? If he is tossing things, mighn't he have gloves to go with his camo?

Hey folks, new member here. Software architect by trade, amateur sleuth by hobby :)

I have read every post in all threads. Here are my thoughts and my theory FWIW.

Rambling thoughts:
- The perp had this well planned out far in advance. Infatuated male 35+
- The perp used the ruse of a hunter many times to scope out the residence
- The perp threatened HB with gun/knife at point of abduction
- The perp transported HB from ATV to auto to current location
- The perp is taunting LE with placement of clues in random locations
- HB scream occurred closer to neighbors than her own.
- Family has no involvement in this crime
- I believe perp thought HB was home alone.

Still struggling with:
- Blood at the scene. How, who, and why?
- How was ATV transitioned to automobile? Pickup with cover?

I believe this was very well planned by a methodical individual that will not easily be caught.

I feel that HB is alive and the perp wants her to be his long-term sexual possession.

:wagon:

Please correct me if I am wrong. Doesnt LE usually let family talk to media? Isnt that a tool LE uses some times? Like, several cases where a family member, or another POI, has talked to media and what they said didnt add up and was used against them later? Scott Peterson comes to mind.

Also, have you ever seen, or heard of, a case this hush hush?? Its almost as if its a ransom case and they are scared to say anything because they are in some kind of contact with the abductor. Its like they dont wont make the abductor think they know more than they do or he will stop what ever he is doing.

No problem. You are right, too. I am seriously questioning LE at this point & that must have come across to you, rightly so. I know, LE knows more than we do,I'm not doubting that. I'm just feeling the frustration of inconsistencies. I still hope for the best outcome, but starting to realize the best outcome is based on what's left, not some ideal version of Holly throwing breadcrumbs out the window for over a week.

I have to agree with you Capri, it might be time to switch tactics...
instead of" silence is golden" how about "the squeeky wheel gets the grease."

JMO

What do you mean, "What if this guy is just totally nuts?".....??

Anyone who'd abduct a young woman from their home is obviously 'totally nuts'.

There are different levels of "nutdom"

They were searching along 69. They just started near the road that takes you into the Woodlawn shores neighborhood. I don't know the name of that rd, but I think they were near mile marker 40 on 69

Hi everyone. I am new here but been praying for / thinking about Holly and reading your thoughts for a week now. I think: 1. it was at least initially two people as abductors. It is the only thing that makes sense to me. I think it involved a car very soon after the short term woods scene. 2. it was not a supersmart abduction. I think they just randomly tossed evidence like dumb & dumber. Maybe a robbery gone bad? Tree service guys (loggers) keep cash on hand frequently as a means of operation. Who knew this? 3. They will soon be found I think unless suicide is involved then could take longer. I hope she is still OK. But either way DONT THEY KNOW it is in THEIR/HIS OWN best interest to come forward? They were probably so high on drugs they never imagined all of this attention and now are just scrambling trying to figure all of this out. 4. I trust LE and think they know exactly what they are doing. 5. The brother is in NO way involved IMO. If it were robbery there may be aspects LE & Clint know that they dont think wise to tell right now. Well..its all IMO!

I do have one question for you forensic experts. In testing hair or other evidence would you be able to tell if victim was still alive at that time from the testing? How long would it take to get those type of tests back? That would influence their sense of urgency if they knew that one way or the other. I am still praying hard though!

I agree with your # 1 that there may well have been 2 abductors...maybe the tip was called in by the 2nd abductor. Second guessing whether he should turn himself in, wanting a deal. The 2 abductors may have had a falling out, disagreeing on what to do next. (I know, I know. I watch too much crime tv.)
Legally Brown, you do have a good point that the initial abduction may have required 2 people: one to kidnap and get her to an ATV, the other to meet them with a car, truck, etc.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Doesnt LE usually let family talk to media? Isnt that a tool LE uses some times? Like, several cases where a family member, or another POI, has talked to media and what they said didnt add up and was used against them later? Scott Peterson comes to mind.

Also, have you ever seen, or heard of, a case this hush hush?? Its almost as if its a ransom case and they are scared to say anything because they are in some kind of contact with the abductor. Its like they dont wont make the abductor think they know more than they do or he will stop what ever he is doing.

LOL true if I were LE I would want him (the perp) to be very confident and cocky.... when he thinks he is safe he will mess up! I then would be waiting. Yep, I see LE as "crazy as a fox".

I agree with your # 1 that there may well have been 2 abductors...maybe the tip was called in by the 2nd abductor. Second guessing whether he should turn himself in, wanting a deal. The 2 abductors may have had a falling out, disagreeing on what to do next. (I know, I know. I watch too much crime tv.)
Legally Brown, you do have a good point that the initial abduction may have required 2 people: one to kidnap and get her to an ATV, the other to meet them with a car, truck, etc.

My only thought on 2 ppl taking her would be if it was a kidnapping for randsom. I think its just one guy. but THAT IS jmo

HLN just announced that new information on this case will be aired at 3:00 PM CDT...10 minutes from now!

HLN just announced that new information on this case will be aired at 3:00 PM CDT...10 minutes from now!

HLN will probably say that LE has told them they have new info, or found something new, but LE cant elaborate on which one it is, or, what it is.

Hey folks, new member here. Software architect by trade, amateur sleuth by hobby :)

I have read every post in all threads. Here are my thoughts and my theory FWIW.

Rambling thoughts:
- The perp had this well planned out far in advance. Infatuated male 35+
- The perp used the ruse of a hunter many times to scope out the residence
- The perp threatened HB with gun/knife at point of abduction
- The perp transported HB from ATV to auto to current location
- The perp is taunting LE with placement of clues in random locations
- HB scream occurred closer to neighbors than her own.
- Family has no involvement in this crime
- I believe perp thought HB was home alone.

Still struggling with:
- Blood at the scene. How, who, and why?
- How was ATV transitioned to automobile? Pickup with cover?

I believe this was very well planned by a methodical individual that will not easily be caught.

I feel that HB is alive and the perp wants her to be his long-term sexual possession.

Regarding the blood at the scene, since Holly did not appear to possibly scream until she was in the woods, I wondered if it was possible that the perp indicated that a "friend" was hurt in the woods where they were hunting. With Holly being a nursing student and a caring person, would this have been enough to entice her into the woods to check on an injured person?

MOO

I had asked this last week about whether LE would need her phone to track and ping it and was told they would not need it...so why so much hoopla if phone WAS found? I'm just not getting it...is it all about fingerprints? If he is tossing things, mighn't he have gloves to go with his camo?

I don't know this, just speculation. But think back to when you were a kid and maybe someones parents didn't like you for whatever reason. I think we all had friends that went through this. Someones mother doesn't like their girl dating a guy or vice versa, or their kid hanging around with so and so. IF that was the type of thing that maybe had some role in all of this - not saying it did - putting the parents on tv would only make it worse.

I firmly believe they know who did this or think they do hence the no need for pleading for information. What they need is evidence.

Who knows? They have a reason I'm sure. I could speculate to that reason but there's no point in that aspect here.

Its been 12 days.

Unless LE knows who it is and has reason to believe HB is still alive and will be hurt, its time for them to open up to the public!

IMO, If she is still alive (and I pray she is), then she will probably stay alive no matter what LE does. hate to put it so bluntly, but if he hasn't killed her by now, he is not going to.

Its been 12 days.

Unless LE knows who it is and has reason to believe HB is still alive and will be hurt, its time for them to open up to the public!

IMO, If she is still alive (and I pray she is), then she will probably stay alive no matter what LE does. hate to put it so bluntly, but if he hasn't killed her by now, he is not going to.

I agree. They seem to believe he is in a car now, well do they know what kind of car? If they don't, then I don't think they have a solid POI. And there are a lot of truckers and travelers out there who would be happy to look at cars and plates, if only they knew what to look for.

If they don't have a POI, then they need even more help...

Hollye, I am just trying to get caught up today, and I do not know if it has been confirmed that the "substantial" finding was indeed found at the Eaton Plant. I posted a Map last night, which indicates Holly's House and 100 Eaton St. (the Eaton Plant), as I wondered if the perp could navigate through the Bush via ATV or Foot, but Greengreen said that it had not been said where the Substantial finding was found.

Anyway, here is the Map, maybe it will be helpful to you.

Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=from:+681+Swan+Johnson+Rd,+Darden,+tn+to:+100+Eaton+St,+Parsons,+tn&ie=UTF8&t=h&saddr=681+Swan+Johnson+Rd,+Darden,+tn&daddr=100+Eaton+St,+Parsons,+tn&geocode=FehrIAIdfYy--ilD_F71fGJ8iDFmPvQueqLSHA%3BFYt-IAIdM2y_-iklZOrB4oh8iDGT1BYQOSL-pQ&ll=35.674938,-88.145628&spn=0.017361,0.035963&z=14

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #14

Interesting to add Gooch Road to that map, where her lunchpurse was found.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=681+Swan+Johnson+Rd,+Darden,+tn&daddr=100+Eaton+St,+Parsons,+tn+to:Gooch+Road+Parsons+TN&hl=en&geocode=FehrIAIdfYy--ilD_F71fGJ8iDFmPvQueqLSHA%3BFYt-IAIdM2y_-iklZOrB4oh8iDGT1BYQOSL-pQ%3B&mra=ls&sll=35.698432,-88.13962&sspn=0.045725,0.090895&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member