Police return to North Dumfries farm -- 28 May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're just looking for a deeply buried gun, or similar weapon, they won't be as careful digging as if they were looking for human remains... but they are apparently marking/flagging various points in the field.

Just an FYI from the "Speed Freak Killers" case where ID's were made from tiny bone fragments. Here's a photo of LE sifting dirt for unearthed remains.

a3c08cc8758f9a84_Wesley_Shermantine_3.jpg

http://www.whatsonningbo.com/news-6...rmantine-paid-to-give-map-for-mass-grave.html

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117414"]CA CA -The Speed Freak Killers (Shermantine talks; Herzog commits suicide) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Why would DM tell police he killed his ex? If anything MS is likely the one who is singing, giving them anything he can to get a deal.

I think he finally broke. Now that there is a "buzz" about his father and ex, he just realised he is not getting out of this one. He knows it's just a matter of time, and he wants to get this "burden" off his chest. At the end of the day he is just a spoiled little rich kid, who probably got in to deep over his head. This is all just My Opinion, but I hope he does talk so the truth comes out.

where are the piles of dirt>>>can't find any pics or mention in articles

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9510161&postcount=53"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Police return to North Dumfries farm -- 28 May 2013[/ame]

where are the piles of dirt>>>can't find any pics or mention in articles

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9510138&postcount=48"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Police return to North Dumfries farm -- 28 May 2013[/ame]

Edit: Beaten to it by ArianeEmory

Agreed .... MS or someone else. Suspect #3 maybe?

i wouldn't necessarily think that any of the suspects from the TB case would have knowledge of the possibility that DM could have buried LBs remains on his farm. its a whole separate case. I wouldn't think MS or suspect 3 in TB case would have anything to do with LB case. IMO I think DM is talking. I think DM knows the gig is up. it looks like the Toronto police executing the search on the property have pretty specific locations they are searching, something DM could have supplied them. all IMO.

Quick question?? Where are the K-9's? Wouldn't they be able to find body parts fairly fast if they have the right area. Geesh, my shepherd can find a bone on my farm in about 30 seconds flat. Imagine if they used the trained dogs? Or, maybe they know exactly where to look and don't need the dogs.
Question 2. While Hamilton and Waterloo were searching the property last week, it was brought to light that the LB case was reopened. Why then, did they leave the property after a two day search saying there are no more remains? Shouldn't they have searched the entire property for the full two weeks? just asking, not judging??

If they're just looking for a deeply buried gun, or similar weapon, they won't be as careful digging as if they were looking for human remains... but they are apparently marking/flagging various points in the field.

IMO, it will eventually come out that there was something bigger behind the scenes like organized crime, theft ring or drug dealing. TB, LB and WM may have just been collateral damage. Who knows what is buried at that farm but it could be anything from stolen items, bodies or some other type of evidence. My guess is that MS or suspect #3 is singing.

I am new to this forum so this may be against the guidelines to mention in this thread but it is coming up on the anniversary of the murders of Dylan Ellis and Oliver Martin. Which still remain unsolved. They were from affluent Toronto families and went to private schools. I wonder if they ever crossed pathes with DM?

There is absolutely no logical reason for DM to provide any info about additional crimes related to the farm... there is no possible way it could help him get a "deal". It would only benefit someone who did not commit the crime in question.

Quick question?? Where are the K-9's? Wouldn't they be able to find body parts fairly fast if they have the right area. Geesh, my shepherd can find a bone on my farm in about 30 seconds flat. Imagine if they used the trained dogs? Or, maybe they know exactly where to look and don't need the dogs.
Question 2. While Hamilton and Waterloo were searching the property last week, it was brought to light that the LB case was reopened. Why then, did they leave the property after a two day search saying there are no more remains? Shouldn't they have searched the entire property for the full two weeks? just asking, not judging??

Hamilton Police said that THEY didn't find anymore remains. I think this was a "read between the lines" statement. They don't have jurisdictions over WM or LB's remains/investigations, so maybe they found "something" and TP was told to get warrants etc. All IMO only.

i wouldn't necessarily think that any of the suspects from the TB case would have knowledge of the possibility that DM could have buried LBs remains on his farm. its a whole separate case. I wouldn't think MS or suspect 3 in TB case would have anything to do with LB case. IMO I think DM is talking. I think DM knows the gig is up. it looks like the Toronto police executing the search on the property have pretty specific locations they are searching, something DM could have supplied them. all IMO.

Don't forget that a neighbour could've come forward with information. Maybe they remembered seeing something fishy, but didn't think of it until recently. If I remember correctly, the neighbour beside Millard's land is so close it almost looks like the same property and it's on that left side of the barn, where LE have been looking.

My guess is that this is an old farm, tons of biological material scattered all over the place, pretty much impossible for a dog to distinguish one from another. A bit of a needle in a haystack (or a needle buried in numerous acres of dirt).

maybe some forensics has come back and they were other human remains..they would not issue another search warrant if there was nothing..ctv just said this is now TORONTO POLICE and it is for the investigation into Laura Babcock and Wayne Millard..oh wow the plot thickens.

and seeing that Police haven't hauled in Suspect 3 yet, IMO, LE may have been given some very exacting info in return for a very reduced charge. TO LE sure came equipped. Not that it matters, but LE have not told us if Suspect 3 is male or female.

I too question not searching the entire property.

Hamilton Police said that THEY didn't find anymore remains. I think this was a "read between the lines" statement. They don't have jurisdictions over WM or LB's remains/investigations, so maybe they found "something" and TP was told to get warrants etc. All IMO only.

Very doubtful. The whole "jurisdiction" thing is often misunderstood. If HPS found something, it's not like they would just step back, email TPS, and say hey guys, when you have a minute, come check out this evidence we may have found that could link to a homicide. They searched the farm almost two weeks ago, TPS would have been there within hours if this was the case. Someone has tipped them off.

My thoughts exactly. It'll be interesting to see whether this theory turns out to be true.

Very doubtful. The whole "jurisdiction" thing is often misunderstood. If HPS found something, it's not like they would just step back, email TPS, and say hey guys, when you have a minute, come check out this evidence we may have found that could link to a homicide. They searched the farm almost a week ago, TPS would have been there within hours if this was the case. Someone has tipped them off.

TPS would still have to jump through the same type of search warrant hoops that HPS had to in order to ensure that any evidence was obtained and processed correctly. IMO LE from all juristictions concerned want to ensure that they cross their t's and dot their i's to ensure that their case(s) are sound. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd