NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've only got emergency services haven't we?

Yes. We were able to rewind the fire dept. going to the house for the fire in the backyard, but we don't get a feed for any police activity.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116845"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Reminder for new members: We can link and discuss the scanner forum here, but we can't quote it.

The pictures of Zahra are just heart breaking, what a beautiful child, the "lost" look in her eyes in the more current photos, is haunting.

I know this is old news but just want to say :highfive: to Judge Robert Mullinax Jr. who raised EB's bond from $40,000 to $65,000 citing some "unsettling allegations" against her. I wish more of our judges would think this way.

Sorry guys.........that came up as latest news and was last week. My bad.

OT can someone explain the tags at the bottom of the threads to me please? TIA

OT can someone explain the tags at the bottom of the threads to me please? TIA

When you go to our Search function on the right side of the blue bar above, you can use a "tag search" that will help you locate threads with the tags.

ETA: Be careful before you search "coffee frogs". :eek:

I dont live too far from the Hickory house.....and for the past hour or so....have heard and seen helicoptors continuously! Seems a little odd.

Oh us too!! Is there something at the airport? We had 3 low flying LOUD ones in the last 30 minutes fly over.

Oh us too!! Is there something at the airport? We had 3 low flying LOUD ones in the last 30 minutes fly over.

I read in the Hickory paper that a plane show was going on at the airport...didnt mention helicoptors! Some sort of old planes being shown!:waitasec:

Why isn't Adam Baker visiting his wife and demanding a reason for the ransom note? At the very least he knows she is involved, one would think he would be spilling his guts about now. Instead he hangs around the police seemingly uninvolved and uninterested waiting for them to find something. I have a feeling he will remain stoic until and unless they get close to something and then he will pretend to fall apart. This man watched while his daughter was beaten and bullied by his wife and failed to intervene, he was complicit in her fate for this and IMO her disappearance.

Hoping that today is the day the sweet Zahra is found. OT- I used to live in Raleigh -worked at a major furniture factory (now closed or sold) and a lot of things came from Hickory. I just can't imagine this happening there. Such a quiet peaceful area - but evil lurks everywhere.

On the affidavit of indigence that accompanied her request for a court-appointed attorney, Baker listed her monthly household income as $600 from her husband Adam Baker’s job at Real Tree Services, and $200 from additional income such as food stamps or child support.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...34/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

How come there was so much work that Adam had to work from early morning to late at night so that he never had time to see his daughter awake but very little income?

As WOO says...."It ain't fittin', it just ain't fittin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...34/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

How come there was so much work that Adam had to work from early morning to late at night so that he never had time to see his daughter awake but very little income?

I figured AB's wage for a regular work week of 40 hrs @ $10/hr. I figured a reasonable amount for taxes and he should have been bringing home at least $1200 / net (per month). Granted, that's not a huge amount but twice what EB claimed as household income. Maybe I don't understand exactly how those forms are to be filled out.

(I do payroll at work ... 1st time I ever felt like I had something constructive to add here ... lol )

I figured AB's wage for a regular work week of 40 hrs @ $10/hr. I figured a reasonable amount for taxes and he should have been bringing home at least $1200 / net. Granted, that's not a huge amount but twice what EB claimed as household income. Maybe I don't understand exactly how those forms are to be filled out.

(I do payroll at work ... 1st time I ever felt like I had something constructive to add here ... lol )

Sure glad you can help! :blowkiss:

Without a valid visa he would have no access to a work permit though...and may be being paid under the table and not be paying taxes.

There's just too much we don't know.

http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm/both/6obtain-workpermit.htm

That's very true. I was assuming he was working legally and I don't know that to be true.

On occasion, my boss pays people under the table (despite me telling him not to do so). He still generally pays them at least $8/hr. If you work enough hours and get paid under the table, you have the potential to bring home even more. It's been said AB worked a lot of hours. $600/mo would mean he was either not working many hours or making less than $3.50/hr.

Unfortunately, for the Tree Service business, the owner is in a heap of trouble now if he wasn't hiring employees legally & paying taxes.

(I realize the info doesn't help the case along, just that finance is my thing)

I don't really think they would go after the boss, LE over looks alot of things they turn up when it's not really serious. That's a small company, prolly' not worth the effort of charging him. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993