MI MI - Zyia Turner, 17 mos, Detroit, 29 June 2012

That is how I am currently feeling, with so many innocent babies being killed this week. Somehow, WE as the greater society, are letting these babies down. :angel:

Carnel should have NEVR been allowed to be babysat by that monster, and this uncle was probably not babysitter material either. JMO

Here's what I think. The child died in the closet. The death was not intentional. But the child also was not in the closet by chance. The uncle put the child in the closet so that he didn't have to watch the child. Then he went to take a nap, make out with a girlfriend, smoke a joint, make a phone call, watch TV or something. When he returned, the child was dead. So he just shut the door and announced that the child was missing.

COD could be many things. It's horrible to think about. So I'm not going there tonight. We'll know soon, though.

That is how I am currently feeling, with so many innocent babies being killed this week. Somehow, WE as the greater society, are letting these babies down. :angel:

Carnel should have NEVR been allowed to be babysat by that monster, and this uncle was probably not babysitter material either. JMO

I completely agree about Carnel and this baby.....just not sure what we as a society are guilty of. I would take all of these kids if I could.....maybe as a society we should fight for stricter laws? Carnel should have never been returned to his mother. At the least, he and mom should have been checked up on. This little girl....I don't know what would have prevented the danger she was put in. It's just all so sad....:tears:

I'm usually quick to jump on the foul play bandwagon, but, I'm just not feeling it here. I hope I'm right, for the family's sake.

I'm usually quick to jump on the foul play bandwagon, but, I'm just not feeling it here. I hope I'm right, for the family's sake.

There are many ways the baby could have died accidently in the closet. Trapped between boxes, or strangled by a bag handle, etc. I hate typing things like this but I guess time will tell, when more information comes out.

A cadaver dog led officers to the little girl’s body....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/01/missing-detroit-baby-found-dead-in-family-home/?test=latestnews

.... she was discovered dead underneath a pile of clothes, some type of metal box, and other items ....

-------------------

Elan said she found out about her granddaughter’s death from her sister in Chicago who learned the details on wxyz.com.

------------------

Elan believes it was a tragic accident and that somehow Ziya walked into the closet and clothes toppled over her.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...f-clothes-in-Grandmothers-house#ixzz1zOUsR1Be

Autopsy hopefully will provide some answers. It may not point to the person tho. I'm leaning toward foul play obv. So very sad.

Unless there is major breaking news, Sunday is generally a slow news day on most local TV stations. This update from WDIV indicates that the autopsy has been completed but results haven't been released. Police are still questioning family members regarding the little girl's death.

On last night's 11:00 report, it was noted that there were sometimes 20 people living in the house on Brinker Street that is owned by Ziya's paternal grandmother. I got a good look at the house in the live video and noticed that the house is quite large and similar to those in the area that are actually duplexes - the main residence occupies the downstairs, and there is a flat upstairs (rented out as a source of income) - living room, kitchen/dining nook, one bedroom, bath - that is accessed from the rear of the home and up a flight of stairs.

Police search for answers in Detroit girl's death

1-year-old girl was found dead in family's home

Published On: Jun 30 2012 11:37:42 PM EDT Updated On: Jul 01 2012 11:23:42 AM EDT

DETROIT -
Police are questioning several people in the death of a 1-year-old from Detroit who was found dead inside a closest of her family's home...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ath/-/1719418/15362410/-/8lso8dz/-/index.html

I guess it is possible this was an accident...will have to wait and see...(and I am cynic #1 as a rule.)

A missing 1-year-old girl has been found inside her east side Detroit home buried under a pile of laundry.

The family of 17-month-old Zyia Turner contacted police Friday after the girl couldn't be found, according to WXYZ. An Amber Alert was issued for the girl, but she wouldn't be found until the next day.

Police say cadaver dogs early Saturday morning found Zyia's body.

The family had hoped someone had taken the girl without letting them know. The Detroit Free Press has the family's recount of what happened when they discovered Zyia was missing.

Funeral arrangements are being made by the family, according to the Free Press.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/i...it_girl_1_found_i_1.html#incart_river_default

:( Poor little punkin

Interesting...

Recently cockroach bites have been a focus of much concern on misinterpretation of post mortem injuries. Three cases of unexpected infant death wherein the children suffered post mortem cockroach bites initially raised concern of non-accidental injury. In one of the cases, the handlers at the death scene did not identify the bite wounds. In the other case, the bites were not recognized as cockroach bites but were identified as neck injuries from a possible strangulation.

These cases have proven that cockroach bites are difficult to identify even by experienced forensic pathologists. Even more difficult is to differentiate the post mortem bites from the ante mortem ones. Forensic pathologists are now looking more thoroughly on possible cockroach bites in order to identify it from the real injuries which may be related to the death of the individual, especially the babies.

http://www.orkin.com/cockroaches/do-cockroaches-bite/

Photos of the house where little Ziya was staying depict a property that is poorly maintained inside and out. Roach infestation within the home would not be a huge surprise. Multiple bites could also be from spiders that are active and plentiful at this time of year. There might even be dangerous brown recluse spiders lurking in older homes.

I usually don't read the comments that follow articles on local news websites but have read some in response to reports about Ziya's death. The neighborhood sounds like it's not a desirable environment for children. :moo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back