NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
What vehicles do the B's drive, and is there a smaller scale wood chipper that is available to be hauled on a hitch of a car?

(I quoted what sparked my questions.)

If I recall, AB drove a company vehicle, a Tacomah. Do not know about the smaller sort of hitch on chipper

ETA Chevy Tahoe was ABs primary vehicle I was mistaken about the Tacomah

I have to agree completely...No matter if it was dismembered...it could not be ground that finely- there are always bigger pieces (sorry to say it like that but my husband owns a tree service business and chippers) and the dogs they brought in would have been all over it...and I hate to say it but there would have been other animals attracted to the yard...and IIRC wasn't it reported that the dogs did NOT hit on the chipper (I'm not sure on that part)?

Earlier this week, a K-9 unit alerted police to a wood chipper on the property. A K-9 unit dog handler told Channel 9 that the hit was not on the wood chipper itself but the engine, and the blood could have come from a cut on a worker’s hand.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25389806/detail.html

K9 crews indicated earlier in the week that traces of human remains were found on wood processing equipment in an area where Baker's father once worked, but detectives with the Burke County Sheriff's Office said that is no longer a solid lead.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content...ome-up-empty-so-far-as-zahra-search-continues

I wholeheartedly believe if they were actually recovering Zahra it would not be out in the open for all to see they would have secured the area and kept media and bystanders away- and these guys would be so much more torn up.

I believe that evidence was put through the chipper and that is what they are picking up- anything and everything that may have been part of the crime.
and I believe they have desired the house is the primary crime scene
Also there are other searches going on besides at the house.

BBM IIRC the mulch at the work sight was put in trucks and taken for a sift and search which we have not been privleged to kow the results.
The sherrif was tore up at 1st presser, now I think LE is on a mission for Zahra's justice, upset but angry. Want to get the best search and recovery of evidence that they can do. JMOO

Yes I have seen dogs do unthinkable things to people and kids...but not just pit bulls. I did not even know that they owned pit bulls.???? Did they or is that just a rumor? I must say that I never heard about the breed of dog just that a dog had woke them up to the fire. Never heard mention of the dogs breed at all. Anyway, I own pit bulls and I really find it hard to believe that the dogs would have let anyone harm Zahra. She was a special child and dogs know that and normally watch and protect them more. EB would have had to have closed to dogs out of the room in order to hurt her. I can not imagine anything different just knowing my babies the way I do. I do know that NO animal is perfect...so with that being said I guess at any given time something bad could have happened but I so highly doubt that was the case in this situation. I at least hope so with my whole heart

And as for the baby that just was lost to a pit bull...who knows what happened there. The dog may have thought the baby was a toy doll. There was also a 4 year old in the home. So maybe they had dolls that the dog may have grabbed and played with too. I know that now a lot of dolls look real and make real noises. Who is to say that the dog just did not know the difference. IMO I think that the parents are responsible, they should have known to keep the dog away from that child unless supervised. That is just a recipe for disaster in my book. The dog is ultimately a dog...a human is a human there is definitely a difference in intelligence there. I do not believe in owning an animal that your not completely prepared to deal with no matter what.

With that being said sorry to sound a little tiffed...these stories just give the owners and the dogs horribly bad names. Also, the dog was put to sleep as a result of the situation which please do not misunderstand that was the right thing to do I just wanted to make it clear that a beautiful child and a animal both lost their lives due to negligence. IMO

I agree that dogs, and animals in general know the special kids- my daughter who is deaf has a way with animals that is amazing (so amazing our beloved late Vet allowed her to work with the animals in his wild-life rescue when she was in 8th grade)

you may be right, I may be way off but we've had some members post whose spouses are in the landscaping industry and the way they've explained it makes me doubtful. Plus one member posted video of a wood chipper in action with wood, and the amount of fine particles that blow back onto the user, not even to mention what comes out the other end, well lets say there would be fine blood spray everywhere in that backyard and all over the person doing the disposing.

time will tell

I hope it did not happen this way as that would be a very gruesum ending to a already sad and tragic story. I pray that if she is gone from our world ( which we all are pretty sure on) that she did not suffer.

I wholeheartedly believe if they were actually recovering Zahra it would not be out in the open for all to see they would have secured the area and kept media and bystanders away- and these guys would be so much more torn up.

I believe that evidence was put through the chipper and that is what they are picking up- anything and everything that may have been part of the crime.
and I believe they have desired the house is the primary crime scene.
Also there are other searches going on besides at the house.

I have to agree, As someone else posted wouldnt ME need to be on scene if they had found her remains? I believe it was bloodied sheets, clothing, wash clothes, rugs, ect... anything that was contaminated by blood or such things that has to do with her disappearence and or murder

That body has to be away from the home...I mean they are not smart, and I doubt they would want to be around that body for long. The leg was found on Christy road, I would head in the opposite direction and look. Who was her worst enemy in that direction...search their property or near it.

I take these two would in trying to get rid of a body try to blame it on someone else. AKA the ransom note was written in haste to throw off the police, to not look at them as suspects.

THen my mind goes off and thinks what if Zahra is alive and well, kept somewhere...and EB and AB are so pissed off at the police, and needing money, they hatched a plan and will SUE the state, police and all. EB seems to be the type that would love to spend a few weeks in jail if she knew she would give the cops the proverbial finger and walk away with a lot of money. I know, wishful thoughts huh.

Jane is on with issues. Just showed video clip of LE making statement about prosthetic and not being able to positively ID til early next week.

I have noticed a possible "tell" for this man. When he knows more or is telling a "half truth" he will look down and consult his notes.

He did that right at the point when he said that about it taking a week.

I think the prior posts about LE knowing the number and knowing its Zahra's is a far different thing than having the properly vetted paper trail to use for prosecution in future are two different things.

I, for one, really appreciate how LE (all the agencies involved) have run this investigation.

TaraS on JVM. Don't know who she is.

IMO, she's unprepared.

Someone wondered earlier why it was taking so long to gather evidence, etc., since the people we assume are involved in this killing are certainly not MENSA material, and probably made several mistakes along the way.

The lawyers are smart, though, especially the hotshot Ms. Dubbs. I think LE is just being very, very careful to get all their ducks lined up in a row for a possible murder charge. They don't want to see this case unravel in a courtroom.

I think you are right on the money Joe!

And sometimes the ones we dont expect to be the smartest or the brightest
pull off the perfect crimes because they dont overthink their actions they just act! JMO

WTF? Is it coming by pony express??

Not responding to you KPM.

I'm still back where this is being discussed.

I don't know that LE doesn't already have that serial number and has identified it as hers or has excluded it.

IMHO they do. They don't have to tell us until they want to.

JMHO.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Investigators-Cotinue-to-Dig-at-Zahra-Baker-House-106146038.html

by RAD BERKY / NewsChannel 36
E-mail Rad: RBerky@WCNC.com
WCNC.com
Posted on October 28, 2010 at 6:58 PM

HICKORY, N.C. -- Investigators returned for a second day of digging and sifting in the backyard of the home Hickory where 10-year old Zahra Baker lived until she disappeared nearly three weeks ago.

102810+zahra+digging.jpg

102810+zahra+digging+2.jpg

102810+zahra+house+memorial.jpg

What vehicles do the B's drive, and is there a smaller scale wood chipper that is available to be hauled on a hitch of a car?

(I quoted what sparked my questions.)

I would bet my last dollar that the company he worked for has a much smaller scale mulcher than that we have seen on TV... I would think so anyway... I just googled them and see many pull along mulchers... I find it hard to believe that the Tahoe was a business vehicle to just get AB from job to job... KWIM..:angel: I think that vehicle was used for moving smaller equipment to different sites...

I agree that dogs, and animals in general know the special kids- my daughter who is deaf has a way with animals that is amazing (so amazing our beloved late Vet allowed her to work with the animals in his wild-life rescue when she was in 8th grade)

OT my 10 yr DD is a whisperer with all living things. We first knew when she was three and would catch live flies and they would sit on her hand, not flying off, her handfeeding them crumbs, lol. When they were finally ready they would take flight, sometimes returning to land in her palm again.

DD has also been quite a snake charmer and catcher since four yrs.

We have an across the street neighbor does border collie rescue and has 12. Some do agility training, some are certified for SAR. She is always inviting DD over to assist her when working with the dogs as even the very abused and timid newbies take right to her.

I chose my avatar because it reminded me of my little one with one of her snake friends :)

Maybe thats what hits so close to home for me with this one. 10 yr old daughter.

Errr, why are we discussing EB's looks in relation to her age?

How is that a part of this investigation?

JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member