LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Video is Charlene and Ashley is a friend of the family. Charlene is in town from Dallas. They do look so much alike!
http://www.katc.com/videos/missing-21-mickey-shunick/

Much of the things we have seen reported
A cell phone is with her, they havent found it and it does have gps but they are working on it
She left the friends house and it was common for her to ride that route-something she did all the time
No clues, havent found the bike at all hoping whenn pawn shops open they will find it
Absolutely not normal for her to disappear
Missed the graduation
Asking for businesses to give video for review-they will review it if needed
Very independent but would not miss her brothers graduation
Talks about path/paths she would have taken home-not sure of exact route but they seem to know which roads she would have used.

not very good transcribing, sorry but the jest
JMO

There is an unverified statement on the Event page about a bike being noticed and reported at the Walgreen's on Ambassador and Congress. The police went and checked it out. Queenofcorona, have you heard anything either way in regards to that?

Is this Walgreens on her normal bike route?
Do they have surveillance cameras?

Who did she live with?

I have not seen it reported who she lives with but I get the idea she did not live at home with her mother/brother.

In the video coldpizza linked above this morning it states Mickey's father is on an oil-rig out to sea and they have emailed him through the company and are hoping he gets it.

I have been wondering how they can determine whether or not she made it home at all. I suppose they know she didnt just get up in the morning and take an early ride because her reported missing clothing are absent from the home.
JMO

:please: praying for Mickey

Friends, family, biking enthusiasts and others concerned with the whereabouts of Mickey Shunick, 21, have been sharing a new online poster about the missing woman through social media. The poster guarantees a $10,000 reward to any information leading to her whereabouts, no questions asked.

The private donor offering the $10,000 reward has also has funded a private detective in the hopes that Shunick can be located.

The poster has also been added to a community Facebook page dedicated to missing cases from across the nation: Facebook.com/MissingCases.
http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...hereabouts?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

I wish they would state what type of bike she had/put a picture of it on the flier... (or is it on there and I just didn't see it?)

It all started as a typical night out. Shunick went to a local club on Friday, May 18 to watch a concert with friends. At around 1:00 a.m. she left the venue with a friend, had a bite to eat, then rode off to go home for the night. But she never made it there and hasn't been seen since.

“We all know it’s dangerous to ride at night, but it was something she loved,” Says explained. “She’s not a rebel. She always has a can of mace in her front pocket, she obeys all traffic laws. She loved to have fun, but she’s really responsible.”

“She’s a horse enthusiast,” Says noted when asked about Shunick’s personal interests. She really just loves life and all animals. She had about 16 pets – a pig, snake, and tarantula. She just loves everything. She loves life. She’s a great person, and we’re all just trying to keep positive thoughts.”

Shunick’s home is located near the intersection of Congress Street and Ambassador Caffery Parkway. She is 5’1”, about 115 pounds, and has blond, curly hair. She was riding a black and gold bike. She was wearing a bright, multi-colored shirt, grey acid washed skinny jeans
http://www.kadn.com/top-story/lafayette-woman-still-missing-0

Here is a photo of her on her bike, it's black with gold handle bars, a schwinn I think.
576260_435206646492478_100000094390839_1702759_780850551_n.jpg

I think she does live with her parents, I'm waiting for confirmation right now.

I have family in Lafayette and on the northshore of Lake Pontchartrain....they
all know about "the missing girl in Lafayette". Social media has spread the word.

The last article quoted by nurse contains what it is like to be in a college
town - even a big one - when a young person goes missing. They are really working to find her.

http://www.kadn.com/top-story/lafayette-woman-still-missing-0

Just noticed.....the little white canister clipped to her purse may be
pepper spray.

My first thought (pure speculation) was that a drunk driver hit her and covered up.

Video is Charlene and Ashley is a friend of the family. Charlene is in town from Dallas. They do look so much alike!
http://www.katc.com/videos/missing-21-mickey-shunick/

Much of the things we have seen reported
A cell phone is with her, they havent found it and it does have gps but they are working on it
She left the friends house and it was common for her to ride that route-something she did all the time
No clues, havent found the bike at all hoping whenn pawn shops open they will find it
Absolutely not normal for her to disappear
Missed the graduation
Asking for businesses to give video for review-they will review it if needed
Very independent but would not miss her brothers graduation
Talks about path/paths she would have taken home-not sure of exact route but they seem to know which roads she would have used.

not very good transcribing, sorry but the jest
JMO
JMO But the bolded part would make it possible that she had been observed over time and someone ambushed her when "the time was rite".

A local has said that there would be lots of people out and about at that hour in that area, so how was nothing seen? Just bad luck? Altho a 35-40 minute bike ride would cover a lot of territory, IMO.

JMO Since she's an animal lover, I wonder if someone lured her into helping find a "lost" dog or help with a "found" dog. Someone may not even have to know of her love of animals to try that...

I have not seen it reported who she lives with but I get the idea she did not live at home with her mother/brother.

In the video coldpizza linked above this morning it states Mickey's father is on an oil-rig out to sea and they have emailed him through the company and are hoping he gets it.

I have been wondering how they can determine whether or not she made it home at all. I suppose they know she didnt just get up in the morning and take an early ride because her reported missing clothing are absent from the home.
JMO

:please: praying for Mickey

I wonder if they have searched her hous/condo/apartment high and low? I don't see it reported yet.

It was posted that friends of hers walked her normal route and didn't find anything. I wonder if there are areas with deep declines that are wooded. If she was hit by a vehicle going at a high speed, she could have been thrown quite far.

There was a case in Austin where a bicyclist (or runner, not sure) was hit by a vehicle and it took a while to find them in such terrain. But it was on an interstate frontage road.

If searchers are sure of her route and already searched it (and all alternate routes), it sounds unlikely that she had an accident alone (swerved, ran her bike off the road, etc.).

Ok, she does indeed live with her parents, that is where she was heading that night.

Cazzie, Lafayette is flat as a pancake, no ravines or anything. Nearly the whole street is lined with businesses or homes. There are a couple of gulleys (coulees) on Congress, I hope the cops are looking into that.

Today is Mickey's birthday. Let's get her back to her family and friends!!!

Is this Walgreens on her normal bike route?
Do they have surveillance cameras?

It is on the major intersection closest to her house where she would have been turning onto Ambassador from Congress unless she cut through a church lot or a side road. It is on the opposite corner from where she would be headed though. I don't think it was related I haven't seen any other mention of that bike.

There is a big coulee or gully near there, a searcher said they walked it last night but it was dark. There are a few wooded areas along the coulee as well as the route.

Someone on the Facebook page mentioned that today is their trash day and they live around the area. I think they have the garbage trucks that use the arm instead of people to lift the cans. I wonder if they could still keep an eye out.

I've never been down Governor Miro, have they searched much there? She could have made it all the way to her subdivision before something happened.

Also, I'm sure they are checking her bank activity, there are a couple banks with ATMs on her route home as well as convenience stores that could be open that late.

I think most of the traffic once she got to her side of town would be vehicle traffic and it could be intermittent so I can definitely see how no one saw anything, though I hope that they do get some info that helps.

Today is Mickey's birthday. Let's get her back to her family and friends!!!

C'mon now!!!!!! What are the chances?!?!?! As if it's not heartbreaking enough already!!!!!

:(

Where are you Mickey!?!??!?! Your friends and loved ones are working hard to bring you home!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine