ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have missed you.
It has been suggested we all be very careful what we say on here. Especially from now on. Legal reasons apparently.

One of our owners explained it on the threadiquette thread. Again, please discuss there.

Back to the topic,

I cannot get over this quote!!!

"[GBC] was regularly quoted in media reports about the real estate market.

``In business, it's simple: never lie,'' he said in 2008. ``For starters, it's the wrong thing to do but secondly you will always get caught out and usually when you least expect it.

``There are just too many people, too many personalities, too many trails . . . and too much to lose.''

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...rged-with-murder/story-e6freoof-1226394560300

To me, this shows that he is probably a sociopath. If he is, the ability to plan ahead of time doesn't shock me.

:tears:

My heart breaks for these women who are murdered by the men who are supposed to love and protect them. :tears:

Kim, it is my understanding he was at the police station several hours but it isn't clear whether he gave a statement. He did submit DNA for them.

:doh: I'm getting confused. One article said he gave a formal interview (the one I quoted previously) and this one says he didn't.

The 41-year-old is not believed to have given a formal interview yesterday, but consented to a forensic procedure for a sample of his DNA. He is expected to face Brisbane Magistrates Court today.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/alli...with-murder-20120613-20all.html#ixzz1xhe9IJpQ

Gotta love the press. :sigh:

:doh: I'm getting confused. One article said he gave a formal interview (the one I quoted previously) and this one says he didn't.

The 41-year-old is not believed to have given a formal interview yesterday, but consented to a forensic procedure for a sample of his DNA. He is expected to face Brisbane Magistrates Court today.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/alli...with-murder-20120613-20all.html#ixzz1xhe9IJpQ

Gotta love the press. :sigh:

I know! :pullhair:

Oh man! :tears:

I'm sitting here in South Africa with the HEAVIEST heart for those 3 little girls, & can't help wondering whether they'll EVER be able to live NORMAL lives ANYWHERE in Australia, yet MAYBE, maybe they could (once the $900k insurance payout surfaces), attend a really pleasant boarding school in Europe somewhere. :cheer:
There are ENGLISH speaking private schools throughout the world for diplomats children ~ American schools, French schools etc. ... so there shouldn't be any problem with language, and in any case, such youngsters pick up foreign languages as easily as us adults picks up colds! :gasp:

I just PRAY that they can be 'devoid' of all the inevitable DRAMA. :bigfight:

Maybe Gran & Grandpa Dickie would also like to reside in a lovely Swiss chalet for a couple of years, and have their girls visit over weekends or whatever? :HHJP:
My folks would!

Just a thought ... you know me by now ... always loads of THOUGHTS & prayers too.

Love & LIGHT to one & ALL (including the perpetrator of this absolutely unforgivable mess!)
:cowcouch:

Yes, you gotta love the press!
Apparently the (Brisbane-based) Courier Mail is putting out a 7 page spread on the case in this morning's issue. Very likely there won't be much new to us here, but perhaps some clarification?

To me, this shows that he is probably a sociopath. If he is, the ability to plan ahead of time doesn't shock me.

:tears:

My heart breaks for these women who are murdered by the men who are supposed to love and protect them. :tears:

when I look at the photos of GBC being taken to the watchhouse handcuffed, I think he looks very sociopathic, if there is such a look! Its like his mask has slipped away and there is just a coldness there. It may also just be the adrenalin or nerves or something, but he looks ICY

:fencefall:

I spent all day studying for an exam last night, then with 20 minutes to go, I decided to get on and check the last few pages (well 20 or so, Ive gotten behind!) As I fell rather spectacularly off the fence :fencefall: I went through the weirdest of emotions. At first I was supercharged and pumped up and felt kind of frantic as I waited to hear whether he would be arrested. All the tax law I was trying to memorise went out the window!!
Then I felt tears start to well up and before I knew it I was crying and couldnt stop. I couldnt even see my books, and didnt want to leave my desk to go to the toilet so I just sat there until it passed, which it really didnt. I still feel so so sad for the girls, and for Allison and her parents. But to be honest, I feel SHOCKED... I know Ive been one of the very very minority here even though it was kind of futile...but I just didnt want to believe someone could do that to the someone they loved once. More importantly I didnt think someone would hurt their own children that way. It still doesnt sit right with me when I look at him comforting his children at the funeral... I am still having trouble believing he did this to her.

Yes Arthur Gorrie is a remand centre that also houses sentenced prisoners ...

P.S. I should perhaps mention that I was not in there as a prisoner but in a work related role.

*chuckle*

I'll wager quite a few people spat out their coffees at this, until they read your PS.

900k insurance policy...
rumoured insurance policy was 600k, wonder if the extra 300k was taken out before or after the 300k business loan?

a) perhaps the parents loaned him the amount to stop him from acting on a plan.

b) perhaps GBC took out the policy to pay back parents.

timing is going to play a big part in this case

:fencefall:

I spent all day studying for an exam last night, then with 20 minutes to go, I decided to get on and check the last few pages (well 20 or so, Ive gotten behind!) As I fell rather spectacularly off the fence :fencefall: I went through the weirdest of emotions. At first I was supercharged and pumped up and felt kind of frantic as I waited to hear whether he would be arrested. All the tax law I was trying to memorise went out the window!!
Then I felt tears start to well up and before I knew it I was crying and couldnt stop. I couldnt even see my books, and didnt want to leave my desk to go to the toilet so I just sat there until it passed, which it really didnt. I still feel so so sad for the girls, and for Allison and her parents. But to be honest, I feel SHOCKED... I know Ive been one of the very very minority here even though it was kind of futile...but I just didnt want to believe someone could do that to the someone they loved once. More importantly I didnt think someone would hurt their own children that way. It still doesnt sit right with me when I look at him comforting his children at the funeral... I am still having trouble believing he did this to her.

I think many of us went through the same range of emotions. Good luck with your exam.
:sunshine:

Im sorry if this has been discussed before but I have missed heaps... I wonder if Allison knew something was going on or had some suspicions....maybe went to the police with it? or voiced her concerns to a friend..( K-A W said she knew some things and should have done more) this comment fits in with that. And maybe why police were on high alert that morning when he called them.

Also, IF we are looking at this being premeditated, financially motivated and with a possible 'hit man' type of accessory, then we are clearly looking at a sociopath, and it wouldnt surprise me if he never ever ever admits his guilt

Where did the claim that Allison had a $900,000 Insurance Policy come from? To pay the premiums on such a policy would be an enormous amount for people who seemed to have no visible means of support and very high living + business costs. And, life insurance policies have clauses which preclude payment if the insured meets foul play.

I would like to see some substantiation of this claim before it took it with more than a very tiny grain of salt.

RIP Allison

The media mentioned it last night Heloise. I agree the the premiums would be enormous and doubt very much whether they will pay out.

I don't think the life assurance policy was the motived.

:bananalama:After looking through ASIC yesterday, I found at least 11 businesses in GBC, NBC and EBC's names...it looks like they have spent forever starting new businesses, shuffling around trusts and money and ownership between themselves etc...what a mess!!!! It all says to me that the Baden Clays are a very money hungry (although not very adept at getting it and keeping it) and very power hungry bunch of people. We knew this anyway, but it was interesting to see just how many of these joint ventures they have knocked up along the way. I couldn't see who the many joint ventures were held with, though, not sure how to do that.

P.S sorry for all the posts this morning...I have had my 'muzzle' removed and have so much to say!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304