GUILTY AL - Savannah Hardin, 9, forced to run til she died, Etowah Co., 17 Feb 2012

I don't know... where would you sit in this situation?
Behind the people you were supporting, or behind the people you were NOT supporting?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mother-faces-death-penalty.html#ixzz1oJtgw6kd

The child's father, Robert Hardin, sat behind the defense table during the hearing in apparent support of Garrard, his mother, and Hardin, his wife.
Other relatives and friends sat around him
, occasionally mouthing words to the two women.

So next time someone wants to tell me (lately, Lisa Irwin), that their family stands beside them, SO what? Happens all the time, even when they KNOW the is responsible.

I want the grandmother to run around the prison until she dies. I'm sorry, I need to pray for myself feeling this way, until I'm given Divine clarity - run the bi**ch.

RIP - how many times does this make now for 2012?

Savannah%20Hardin.jpg

I believe it's on video so I fail to see why not.

Saying "I'm gonna run her till she can't run no more..."

What would cause her not to be able to run anymore? Exhaustion and begging didn't suffice - only when she died.... at that point, was grandma satisfied. Death, therefore, would seem the outcome she was looking for, IMO.

I agree with the others who don't want to see another ignorant jury acquit because the charges were not proved.

It wouldn't surprise me if she's acquitted and when people are discussing the reasons why, one of them would be the prosecutors overcharged because it's a high-profile case.

I'm watching the grandmonster's lawyer on dr Drew. Crooked bowtie, and I think he mispronounced her name as "Gerard" Total clown.

Here's a link to Dr Drew's page. scroll down to 2nd and 3rd video.

http://drdrew.blogs.cnn.com/

Dani Bone claims that running is appropriate discipline and is used in boot camps and institutions for troubled children across AL. (paraphrased)
WTF kind of thing is that to say? If grandmonster had spanked Savannah for 3 hours until she collapsed, it is still excessive punishment.

Also, he stated that the death certificate showed that SH was over hydrated not dehydrated. How could that be after running for 3 hrs? could gm and/or sm have tried giving Savannah water after she collapsed? And why would prosecutors state that she was dehydrated if it weren't true?

Any nurses here?

MOO

wm

It wouldn't surprise me if she's acquitted and when people are discussing the reasons why, one of them would be the prosecutors overcharged because it's a high-profile case.

Lol! It would thoroughly surprise me if a jury acquits. This small town is smack in the middle of the bible belt. It's the hometown of Judge Roy Moore who put a 7 ton replica of the Ten Commandments in the foyer of the courthouse. I have to say that I'm not 'opposed' to God fearing and worshiping judges, I just think they need to abide by the law itself and keep 'church and state' separate. They need to concentrate on the letter of the law and not use their religious beliefs in making decisions.

That being said, and besides Roy Moore, these people are deeply religious and firmly believe in an 'eye for an eye'. I, too, believe this case has been overcharged. I see too much doubt being raised on grandma's 'intent' on whether she meant to 'punish' or actually kill Savannah. :rocker:

Here's a link to Dr Drew's page. scroll down to 2nd and 3rd video.

http://drdrew.blogs.cnn.com/

Dani Bone claims that running is appropriate discipline and is used in boot camps and institutions for troubled children across AL. (paraphrased)
WTF kind of thing is that to say? If grandmonster had spanked Savannah for 3 hours until she collapsed, it is still excessive punishment.

Also, he stated that the death certificate showed that SH was over hydrated not dehydrated. How could that be after running for 3 hrs? could gm and/or sm have tried giving Savannah water after she collapsed? And why would prosecutors state that she was dehydrated if it weren't true?

Any nurses here?

MOO

wm

Not a human nurse, but a Veterinary Tech for 10 years...she was in the hospital until her father was flown in, she could have been evaluated as being 'dehydrated' (from running for three hours) and then they over compensated at the hospital with a higher drip rate than necessary...

The lawyer is just being a lawyer...he's using everything he can to get his client off.

Not a human nurse, but a Veterinary Tech for 10 years...she was in the hospital until her father was flown in, she could have been evaluated as being 'dehydrated' (from running for three hours) and then they over compensated at the hospital with a higher drip rate than necessary...

The lawyer is just being a lawyer...he's using everything he can to get his client off.

Yes, of course, the hospital would be trying to save her life by hydrating her.

Lol! It would thoroughly surprise me if a jury acquits. This small town is smack in the middle of the bible belt. It's the hometown of Judge Roy Moore who put a 7 ton replica of the Ten Commandments in the foyer of the courthouse. I have to say that I'm not 'opposed' to God fearing and worshiping judges, I just think they need to abide by the law itself and keep 'church and state' separate. They need to concentrate on the letter of the law and not use their religious beliefs in making decisions.

That being said, and besides Roy Moore, these people are deeply religious and firmly believe in an 'eye for an eye'. I, too, believe this case has been overcharged. I see too much doubt being raised on grandma's 'intent' on whether she meant to 'punish' or actually kill Savannah. :rocker:

Thank you for 'splainin' this because I composed a post about this very subject and deleted it for fear it would be misinterpreted.

'Spare the rod and spoil the child' is a scipture that I am very familiar with and that seems to continue to be the climate for raising children in AL. I agree with your concern about 'too much doubt on gma's intent'.

OT I dated RM while in college. He was ADA at the time and 14 years older than me. lol! he is close to a primary victory for chief justice.

http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article...e-to-primary-victory-credits-Santorum-s-pull-

MOO

wm

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...accused-running-child-death-article-1.1038663

Prosecutors want death penalty for grandmother accused of running child to death

Savannah Hardin was forced to run after eating a candy bar on the school bus

A grandma in Alabama could face the death penalty for killing her 9-year-old granddaughter.

Prosecutors will seek the severe sentence for Joyce Garrard in Savannah Hardin’s tragic death, an official said, according to CNN.

Thank you for 'splainin' this because I composed a post about this very subject and deleted it for fear it would be misinterpreted.

'Spare the rod and spoil the child' is a scipture that I am very familiar with and that seems to continue to be the climate for raising children in AL. I agree with your concern about 'too much doubt on gma's intent'.

OT I dated RM while in college. He was ADA at the time and 14 years older than me. lol! he is close to a primary victory for chief justice.

http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article...e-to-primary-victory-credits-Santorum-s-pull-

MOO

wm

BBM

Just to let you know, that quote never appears in the Bible.

BBM

Not the exact quote, but very close.

It comes from Proverbs 24.

Whoever spares the rod hates their children,
but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them

Not the exact quote, but very close.

It comes from Proverbs 24.

Whoever spares the rod hates their children,
but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them

Proverbs 22:15 - Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child; The rod of correction will drive it far from him.
Proverbs 23:13, 14 - Do not withhold correction from a child, For if you beat him with a rod, he will not die. You shall beat him with a rod, And deliver his soul from hell.
Proverbs 29:15 - The rod and rebuke give wisdom, But a child left to himself brings shame to his mother.

Proverbs 24; http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+24&version=KJV

BBM

Thanks for the correction Steely. Perhaps I should have used the word mantra. My people are all country folks and 'spare the rod and spoil the child' was the term used to justify spanking 'because it says so in the bible'.
My apologies for the misquote.

And thanks to both you and Kimberly for quoting the correct verses.

wm

MOO

wm

Go ahead and post. We are all here for Savannah. I only hoped I got some of that right. I was born and raised there, and yet that was only thing I could think to say that would explain the 'nuance' of living there. I may yet say something that may offend not the others in here, but perhaps you. I have a habit of saying what I think, which is why, while living there, instead of 'running with the big dogs' I opted to stay on my front porch. My husband was a LEO on the Gadsden PD for 26 years and I made a point to stay out of politics. However, I did ***** out 5 City Engineers from Water Department standing in my own front yard because I grew tired of them yanking my chain saying that the rusty water turning my clothes orange was somehow my fault. Funny, nobody said a word, but backhoes came two weeks later and replaced pipe owned by the city, the orange rust went away...but anything I do say about Gadsden or it's politics is just an opinion, mine, although I do retain some of my southern upbringing, living away from there has changed me somewhat...so please, read my posts with an open mind.

Go ahead and post. We are all here for Savannah. I only hoped I got some of that right. I was born and raised there, and yet that was only thing I could think to say that would explain the 'nuance' of living there. I may yet say something that may offend not the others in here, but perhaps you. I have a habit of saying what I think, which is why, while living there, instead of 'running with the big dogs' I opted to stay on my front porch. My husband was a LEO on the Gadsden PD for 26 years and I made a point to stay out of politics. However, I did ***** out 5 City Engineers from Water Department standing in my own front yard because I grew tired of them yanking my chain saying that the rusty water turning my clothes orange was somehow my fault. Funny, nobody said a word, but backhoes came two weeks later and replaced pipe owned by the city, the orange rust went away...but anything I do say about Gadsden or it's politics is just an opinion, mine, although I do retain some of my southern upbringing, living away from there has changed me somewhat...so please, read my posts with an open mind.

No way you can offend me dahlin'. I was born and raised there too and understand the 'nuance of living there'. Living away from there has changed me too and for the better. I understand where you are coming from so don't hold back on my account, LOL.

My Mom had issues with rusty water back in the day. It ruined all our clothes. I remember several weekly trips to the water dept with rusty water samples in mason jars as proof of our dirty water. They finally replaced the lines. Mother is not one to give up easily, haha!

I pray for justice for little Savannah. I also hope this case will help educate ignorant people who take things too far when disciplining a child. This should have never happened. Moo

wm

Don't you think they can use what she said to the bus driver as intent?

I think so, but I see a couple of problems. First is that we're dealing with a little old lady (so to speak) and that I think they'd have to prove intent. I'm not sure a jury will buy the notion that a little old lady meant to kill the child. I think they'd see it as a woman who didn't know any better and just went too far.

All it would take is one juror to feel enough sympathy to keep her from the death penalty. If that's the only option I could see her walk. I don't know how old she is but 25 years would probably have her dying in prison.

Since the KC judgment I'm leery of over reaching on punishments.

I think so, but I see a couple of problems. First is that we're dealing with a little old lady (so to speak) and that I think they'd have to prove intent. I'm not sure a jury will buy the notion that a little old lady meant to kill the child. I think they'd see it as a woman who didn't know any better and just went too far.

All it would take is one juror to feel enough sympathy to keep her from the death penalty. If that's the only option I could see her walk. I don't know how old she is but 25 years would probably have her dying in prison.

I don't think this is a death penalty case either. By the way this woman is only 46 so not exactly a "little old lady" but still she is female and I don't think there are many juries that want to give female a death penalty.

I don't think this is a death penalty case either. By the way this woman is only 46 so not exactly a "little old lady" but still she is female and I don't think there are many juries that want to give female a death penalty.

She's two years younger than me!!!! :what:

Yet she raised a son to adulthood without killing him. It will all depend on how long Savannah had been living with her, how much she knew of her medical condition (which she seemed to know she couldn't eat any candy). I agree, the KC jury sent me in 'justice shock'. How a 'system' is supposed to work and yet doesn't. :maddening:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back