GUILTY Australia - Kiesha Weippeart, 6, Mount Druitt, NSW, 18 July 2010 - #2

BBM- I'm sure the police didn't just accept whatever answer K&R gave about the money deposits, and have either already figured it out or are still in the process.
It just means they are not sharing all the info or evidence they do have because they want to do this the right way and keep the integrity of the case to ensure a conviction.
It's frustrating not having the answers, but better that we're left in the dark, than a child killer walking free on a technicality....or the perps screaming they can't get a fair trial because the police were openly treating them as suspects, swaying public opinion.

JMO

Another reason I can think of to explain why no more was said about their bank deposits is because this information that was leaked to the public is false. No one can access our bank records. so who would know money had been deposited into their bank account and how would they be able to prove it?

Another reason I can think of to explain why no more was said about their bank deposits is because this information that was leaked to the public is false. No one can access our bank records. so who would know money had been deposited into their bank account and how would they be able to prove it?
you know what... you are right, that type of information is private unless the information was "leaked" by someone who has first hand knowledge of it, then I have to wonder how they know.

you know what... you are right, that type of information is private unless the information was "leaked" by someone who has first hand knowledge of it, then I have to wonder how they know.

I went through the media reports and found the one about the bank deposits and I was wrong, police did somehow get access to their bank records. Maybe Police will have to haul them before a Judge or Grand Jury if they aren't satisfied with their answers. But police should be able to trace the source on their own, so maybe butwhatif is right, they are withholding information for a reason. But still, police have had ample time to check out this lead and if Kiesha was sold, I think they would have found that out by now. The rumor that Kiesha's clothing was missing from her bedroom are false and Kristi said she believes Kiesha is in the arms of a loving childless couple and she wouldn't say that if Kiesha was sold IMO.

I posted other bits of information to refresh our memory.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...-for-kieshas-mum/story-e6frf7l6-1225909120801

<snipped> Date: August 24, 2010

POLICE are investigating a series of payments made into the bank account of missing girl Kiesha Abrahams' mother and stepfather in the weeks before she disappeared.
Sources have told The Daily Telegraph up to six payments, ranging between about $500 and $600 each, were made into Kristi Abrahams' and Robert Smith's bank account - but they are yet to be explained or accounted for.
It is understood the amounts were paid in cash into the account at regular intervals leading up to when Kiesha, 6, was reported missing from Mt Druitt her home in Sydney's West on August 1.
When Mr Smith was first interviewed by police just days after the child disappeared, he said detectives had his bank records and grilled him over a number of transactions.
"They had my bank statements there and they were saying to me, 'What's this for, and what's that for?'," Mr Smith said at the time.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/team-of-120-join-search-for-little-kiesha-20100804-118dg.html?autostart=1
<snipped>

Police have denied reports that an investigation at the family's home had failed to find any clothing belonging to the child.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/kies...e-for-answers-20100821-139p7.html?from=smh_sb
<snipped>

Detectives are awaiting results of DNA tests understood to have been taken from bedding and furniture from Kiesha's bedroom.

She also questioned why everyone was calling her Kiesha Abrahams when the name on her birth certificate is Weippeart.

thanks for finding that about the bank acounts. Do we know if the regular payments continued after she went missing?

Afternoon all,

it would seem that it was Rob himself who told the media about the bank statements.

When Mr Smith was first interviewed by police just days after the child disappeared, he said detectives had his bank records and grilled him over a number of transactions.

"They had my bank statements there and they were saying to me, 'What's this for, and what's that for?'," Mr Smith said at the time.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r-and-stepfather/story-e6freuzi-1225909117371

I've also read somewhere (can't find the link now) that the mystery about the money had been cleared up.

I've been trying to find the video of Kristi and Rob being interviewed when they had baby L and three year old B with them. They are explaining why they can't search for Keisha etc. I've searched on line for it without success. It may have been deleted but if anyone has the link would you be kind enough to post it here please?

The Police have had access to their bank accounts, R stated as much in an earlier interview. As far as the money deposited goes it may or may not be true but the police would certainly know if it was true and would have questioned them about it. In regards to Centrelink they may or may not be entitled some benefits and even if they had mislead them the matter will be dealt with after the police have dealt with this case.

I think the lack of information (in regards to this case and other government bodies) is due to limiting bias if and when it goes to trial and as frustrating as it is for us the public, I think we would all agree that we want a fair trial to ensure a conviction!

JMO
:beagle::detective:

Afternoon all,

it would seem that it was Rob himself who told the media about the bank statements.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r-and-stepfather/story-e6freuzi-1225909117371

I've also read somewhere (can't find the link now) that the mystery about the money had been cleared up.

I've been trying to find the video of Kristi and Rob being interviewed when they had baby L and three year old B with them. They are explaining why they can't search for Keisha etc. I've searched on line for it without success. It may have been deleted but if anyone has the link would you be kind enough to post it here please?

Most of that info will be in the timeline posts I did which is in the first section.
:detective::beagle:

Most of that info will be in the timeline posts I did which is in the first section.

In a report titled "Kiesha Abraham's Mum Defends Decision To Stay Home," the video is no longer available. It doesn't say anything in this article about the questions about the bank deposits being cleared up. Do you remember if this was included in the video? I don't remember reading or hearing that before.

http://www.news.com.au/national/why...ds/story-e6frfkvr-1225907045950#ixzz0wyvsTqG1

In a report titled "Kiesha Abraham's Mum Defends Decision To Stay Home," the video is no longer available. It doesn't say anything in this article about the questions about the bank deposits being cleared up. Do you remember if this was included in the video? I don't remember reading or hearing that before.

http://www.news.com.au/national/why...ds/story-e6frfkvr-1225907045950#ixzz0wyvsTqG1

HI, I don't remember any confirmation that the bank deposits had been resolved.:detective::beagle:

Candlelight vigil for missing Kiesha

Increase Text Size
Decrease Text Size
Print
Email

A CANDLELIGHT vigil was held in Mt Druitt last night, marking two months since six-year-old Kiesha Abrahams was reported missing.

Residents who organised the service hoped it would also bring some answers to Kiesha's disappearance.

"It keeps her in people's minds ... this has been going on too long, we need answers and closure," an organiser said.

This was the whole article about this event ....... very disappointing that they couldn't write more, but that is Aussie press for you, not about providing a service only about making money.

This little girl needs to be found and kept in the forefront of peoples' minds.

JMO :detective::beagle:

Candlelight vigil for missing Kiesha

Increase Text Size
Decrease Text Size
Print
Email

A CANDLELIGHT vigil was held in Mt Druitt last night, marking two months since six-year-old Kiesha Abrahams was reported missing.

Residents who organised the service hoped it would also bring some answers to Kiesha's disappearance.

"It keeps her in people's minds ... this has been going on too long, we need answers and closure," an organiser said.

This was the whole article about this event ....... very disappointing that they couldn't write more, but that is Aussie press for you, not about providing a service only about making money.

This little girl needs to be found and kept in the forefront of peoples' minds.

JMO :detective::beagle:

I know. Sad, huh?
I get the feeling that this was a last minute rush job, because Kristi backed out of doing the article (but that's JMO)

A journo from the St Marys Standard posted on the princess Kiesha FB page yesterday asking for details about the vigil so they could cover it.
They then posted details about the vigil on their website. And did cover the vigil.
Which was followed by the rush job by the Daily Telegraph.

Like I said the other day, I had a feeling that the daily telegraph wouldn't be getting any more exclusives from Kristi after printing the article with that picture.

It's sad that the local paper was the only media outlet really interested in covering the 2 month anniversary of Kiesha being reported missing.

Kinda OT...I noticed that Miranda Devine is going back to write a column for the DT, starting oct 7th. Wonder if she got into trouble for the previous article she wrote about kiesha and the system for the SMH?

All JMO

ETA: The saddest thing of all is that K & R didn't attend something that was made so beautiful by the public for their Ki-Ki. Wonder what they were doing last night?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...-for-kieshas-mum/story-e6frf7l6-1225909120801

<snipped>

Sources have told The Daily Telegraph up to six payments, ranging between about $500 and $600 each, were made into Kristi Abrahams' and Robert Smith's bank account - but they are yet to be explained or accounted for.

It is understood the amounts were paid in cash into the account at regular intervals leading up to when Kiesha, 6, was reported missing from Mt Druitt her home in Sydney's West on August 1.

Question:

Since a bank card is required to make a deposit at an interac machine, these deposits weren't likely were made by someone other than Kristi or Robert.

If the bank deposits were made in person by someone other than R&K they would have to fill out a deposit slip which requires the depositor's signature and/or initials which could assist Police find in their search.

I am wondering if the deposits were set up to be made in a manner that would make it impossible for Police to find out where the money came from since they had to pressure Robert for answers. If Robert was handed cash and he made the deposits himself, police wouldn't have a clue where they came from and "they are yet to be explained or accounted for." This information was reported by The Daily Telegragh on August 24th, 2010, over one month ago.

FYI, here is what I found posted on the Internet &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;

Question

On shows such as Law and Order, officers have absolutely no problem getting financial records on possible suspects. No mention of a warrant, either. How easy is it for officers to get banks and credit card companies to tell all about a person's finances?

Answer
You do need to get a subpoena/court order for the records to serve on the bank, phone company, credit card co. etc.

It's not difficult to get them but in Florida you do have to show the State Attorney you are conducting a criminal investigation and that there is a legitimate need for the records. I don't watch cop shows so I don't know how they do it on Law & Order but the police can't just demand/order a bank turn over records and no bank/credit card co. will without a subpoena/court order.

It's a whole lot easier to get a subpoena for records then it is to get a search warrant which is for searching your personal property/home. Hope this helps...

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Crime-Law-Enforcement-341/Police-Access-Financial-Records.htm

***INTERESTING TIDBITS***:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/missing-k...e-20100801-111f0.html?from=age_ft&autostart=1

<snipped>

Kiesha was wearing her pink pajamas and lilac Pumpkin Patch jacket, police said. She went missing and Kristi said she was likely barefoot.

QUESTION

Did LE find Kiesha&#8217;s shoes? If Kiesha wandered off by herself, wouldn't she put her shoes on to go outside? I have read through the reports and nothing was mentined about Kiesha&#8217;s shoes being found inside the home. But I think this is an important piece of information.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/little-girl-lost-and-a-city-searches-for-answers-20100806-11oii.html

<snipped>

B]Police fingerprinted the family's privately rented flat [/B]and much of the apartment block,[/B] and left with about 20 bags of evidence. Door-to-door checks have been exhaustive.

Just pointing out that the flat was privately rented and fingerprints were lifted from not only from Kiesha's flat but also the apartment building.

<snipped>

Question:

Since a bank card is required to make a deposit at an interac machine, these deposits weren't likely were made by someone other than Kristi or Robert.

If the bank deposits were made in person by someone other than R&K they would have to fill out a deposit slip which requires the depositor's signature and/or initials which could assist Police find in their search.

I am wondering if the deposits were set up to be made in a manner that would make it impossible for Police to find out where the money came from since they had to pressure Robert for answers. If Robert was handed cash and he made the deposits himself, police wouldn't have a clue where they came from and "they are yet to be explained or accounted for." This information was reported by The Daily Telegragh on August 24th, 2010, over one month ago.

FYI, here is what I found posted on the Internet ………

Question

On shows such as Law and Order, officers have absolutely no problem getting financial records on possible suspects. No mention of a warrant, either. How easy is it for officers to get banks and credit card companies to tell all about a person's finances?

Answer
You do need to get a subpoena/court order for the records to serve on the bank, phone company, credit card co. etc.

It's not difficult to get them but in Florida you do have to show the State Attorney you are conducting a criminal investigation and that there is a legitimate need for the records. I don't watch cop shows so I don't know how they do it on Law & Order but the police can't just demand/order a bank turn over records and no bank/credit card co. will without a subpoena/court order.

It's a whole lot easier to get a subpoena for records then it is to get a search warrant which is for searching your personal property/home. Hope this helps...

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Crime-Law-Enforcement-341/Police-Access-Financial-Records.htm

***INTERESTING TIDBITS***:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/missing-k...e-20100801-111f0.html?from=age_ft&autostart=1

<snipped>

Kiesha was wearing her pink pajamas and lilac Pumpkin Patch jacket, police said. She went missing and Kristi said she was likely barefoot.

QUESTION

Did LE find Kiesha’s shoes? If Kiesha wandered off by herself, wouldn't she put her shoes on to go outside? I have read through the reports and nothing was mentined about Kiesha’s shoes being found inside the home. But I think this is an important piece of information.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/little-girl-lost-and-a-city-searches-for-answers-20100806-11oii.html

<snipped>

B]Police fingerprinted the family's privately rented flat [/B]and much of the apartment block,[/B] and left with about 20 bags of evidence. Door-to-door checks have been exhaustive.

Just pointing out that the flat was privately rented and fingerprints were lifted from not only from Kiesha's flat but also the apartment building.

I have made deposits into accounts with only the account details, no need to fill in a deposit or sign when paying in cash, that I remember.

These days housing commission lets you rent private rentals and then they pay the difference due to the shortage of actual housing commission homes.

[/COLOR]

I have made deposits into accounts with only the account details, no need to fill in a deposit or sign when paying in cash, that I remember.

These days housing commission lets you rent private rentals and then they pay the difference due to the shortage of actual housing commission homes.

If Police could have found the source of the cash payments on their own, they wouldn't have pressured Robert for answers IMO. If the source of the money was untraceable, that would certainly raise LE's hinky meter and perhaps that's why police went on to name Robert and Kristi as suspects.

Did Kristi make a point of telling Police Kiesha was barefoot to sell them her story that Kiesha was abducted from her bed by a stranger?

Thank you butwhatif. I couldn't find the pics but will try again.

Here ya go....

kieshavigil1.png

kieshavigil2.png

And the rest.....Sorry, not feeling great atm, so I uploaded them the lazy way. If there's any you want me to enlarge, let me know.

kieshavigil3.png

kieshavigil4.png

If Police could have found the source of the cash payments on their own, they wouldn't have pressured Robert for answers IMO. If the source of the money was untraceable, that would certainly raise LE's hinky meter and perhaps that's why police went on to name Robert and Kristi as suspects.

Did Kristi make a point of telling Police Kiesha was barefoot to sell them her story that Kiesha was abducted from her bed by a stranger?

My theory of why they were pressuring Rob for answers about the deposits is because I believe the bank statements were part of the paperwork that was seized from the unit around the 5th August.
They wanted to hear his explanation, which obviously didn't sit well with the police so they put pressure on him during that interview, and when nothing came of that, they started the forensic audit.

JMO

The rumors floating around about Kristi and Robert being substance abusers just might be true. What were they thinking when they deposited this amount of money into their account knowing they wouldn't want anyone to know their role in obtaining it? No wonder Police came down hard on Robert and demanded to know where Kiesha is. If they won&#8217;t come clean and spill the beans, it seems very plausible that Police will build a circumstantial case against them. Now I understand why it was announced that an arrest was imminent. The reason Police have not said where the money came from is because K&R are covering it up. If by chance the money didn't come from selling Kiesha, you would think Kristi and Robert would be willing to admit where it came from even if it was illegal in order to aid Police in the search for Kiesha.

Kiesha wasn&#8217;t seen for almost a week before she was reported missing by Kristi which gave Kristi and Robert plenty of time to work on their alibi before they called the cops.

You are innocent until proven guilty, but these two look more suspicious now that I understand Robert has refused to cooperate with Police on this important matter. I am surprised Robert and Kristi haven't hired a lawyer. Maybe they have but no one knows. They have been running away from their problems and hiding since Kieisha disappeared so I guess they will wait until charges are filed against them before they hire an attorney. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back