Bush implies military will strike in Iran?

Doesn't make any sense, why start more fighting before leaving office???:furious: IMO he's a moron.:mad::bang:

From the above article:
President Bush on Wednesday raised unprompted the possibility of a military strike to thwart Tehran's presumed nuclear weapons ambitions, speaking bullishly on Iran even as he admitted having been unwise to do so previously about Iraq.

Iran has been ratcheting things up for some time now. I've thought for a long time that we might go to war with Iran before GWB leaves office, and not because he is trigger happy (or not).

:twocents:

I agree! I have been wondering if Bush will feel as if he has somehow left the job undone if Iran is not dealt with.:confused:

i have to honestly say that i would be ok with it... errrr.... i'm scared of IRAN. i at least want them delt with. i mean, war is scary and all... but i would understand. you know?

Doesn't make any sense, why start more fighting before leaving office???:furious: IMO he's a moron.:mad::bang:

From the above article:

Edited to say that we really shouldn't believe anything that we hear in the media, etc. and name calling of political figures is against the TOS (even if those names fit)! LOL

In the first place, members of Websleuths are not allowed to call the President of the United States names, even if it weren't childish. Secondly, its NOT TRUE until you hear it from the State Department.

Praying.....

ETA - and I didn't know we couldn't name call the Pres here. You learn something new everyday. I believe in respect for the office even if you don't respect the officer and try to teach my kids this.

Praying.....

ETA - and I didn't know we couldn't name call the Pres here. You learn something new everyday. I believe in respect for the office even if you don't respect the officer and try to teach my kids this.

You're a good mum!!!!:blowkiss:

well, so far, offering them WTO status hasn't helped.

So, yeah. I'm ok with bombing them even further into the stone ages.

/glass parking lot.

Sometimes!:blowkiss:

We have some good friends who have taught their young girls to say crap about Bush and I think it's ridiculous. They are not mature enough to know anything real about politics.

I know what you mean. My 15-year old son is interested in politics and he and I have some pretty good discussions about what's happening. He completely looses his mind during class when the teacher and other students speak of things they overheard on the radio or news reports. They obviously have no idea what they're talking about, but rather just repeat what they hear from libs.

I know what you mean. My 15-year old son is interested in politics and he and I have some pretty good discussions about what's happening. He completely looses his mind during class when the teacher and other students speak of things they overheard on the radio or news reports. They obviously have no idea what they're talking about, but rather just repeat what they hear from libs.

It can swing both ways, but you are much more likely to get the lib point in an academic setting of young people (unless maybe you attend a church school!).

15 is old enough to "get" some things. 5 and 7 is not! My son (7) and I did have some good talks because he asked about the Hillary sign in the yard. He doesn't quite understand why I've taken it down!:) He said "I thought she was going to be President" and I said "No - she's who I wanted to be President but she's out of the race."

It can swing both ways, but you are much more likely to get the lib point in an academic setting of young people (unless maybe you attend a church school!).

15 is old enough to "get" some things. 5 and 7 is not! My son (7) and I did have some good talks because he asked about the Hillary sign in the yard. He doesn't quite understand why I've taken it down!:) He said "I thought she was going to be President" and I said "No - she's who I wanted to be President but she's out of the race."

Yeah, but its never too early to get them started!!!!! After all, one of your's may actually grow up and decide tor run!!

In the first place, members of Websleuths are not allowed to call the President of the United States names, even if it weren't childish. Secondly, its NOT TRUE until you hear it from the State Department.
(I have never hear of that either scm--)
Will tha still apply if Obama is the next prez Jeana? :crazy:

Jeana,
Really?
I've been here a long time and have NEVER read the don't call the president a name rule. :rolleyes:
I've read much worse on other political threads here.
But I will edit -if I can- and let people feel in the blanks.
Wonder if that would have brought comments if it was about anyone else?

In the first place, members of Websleuths are not allowed to call the President of the United States names, even if it weren't childish....

You calling someone else's comments childish is a hoot.:crazy::blowkiss:

Jeana,
Really?
I've been here a long time and have NEVER read the don't call the president a name rule. :rolleyes:
I've read much worse on other political threads here.
But I will edit -if I can- and let people feel in the blanks.
Wonder if that would have brought comments if it was about anyone else?

From the Political Pavilion:

Name calling of political figures will not be allowed. No more Bush, the butcher, or Rummy, or whatever.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back