Linda files Lawsuit for custody of Cassidy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read this on WRAL.

God bless that poor woman.

She has been through enough, and now isn't allowed to see her Grandchild?

There are many studies that prove that families are usually closer on the maternal side (not always the case). I cannot imagine what losing your daughter and not being allowed to see your Granddaughter has done to her. I take it she hasn't seen her aunt either?

Zelmajane - the number of times Linda Fisher has seen her grandaughter since the murder of Michelle can be counted on one hand.

I have to wonder if Slayer boy will fail to respond to this civil action just as he did for the previous civil action ?

This is going to get very ugly I think.

Maybe Kassie, Jason and Mamma are revving up for that little trip into oblivion. Watch all the wig shops, hair dye aisles, buses, trains and airports. Mamma's probably going underground.

I expect the ugliness to rear it's head too RC. I'm not sure what I think slayer will do....I feel he won't just "hand her over" without a fight of some sort.

My heart goes out to Linda and Meredith. Keeping Cassidy from them was like a double edged sword in that Cassidy has suffered along with them by slayer and family abruptly trying to end the relationship. What cold/cruel hearted people.....poor, poor Cassidy.

I'm hoping and praying Linda and Meredith will be victorious in court!!

I expect the ugliness to rear it's head too RC. I'm not sure what I think slayer will do....I feel he won't just "hand her over" without a fight of some sort.

My heart goes out to Linda and Meredith. Keeping Cassidy from them was like a double edged sword in that Cassidy has suffered along with them by slayer and family abruptly trying to end the relationship. What cold/cruel hearted people.....poor, poor Cassidy.

I'm hoping and praying Linda and Meredith will be victorious in court!!

Dunno really either but the track record shows neither Slayer boy or his family are going to say anything that may jeopardize his freedom. Give up Cassidy for continued freedom - I can see that happening. If he cared about Cassidy to begin with, he never would have murdered her Mother and he would have never drugged Cassidy while he was murdering her Mother. JMO

You're right RC.....the word "freedom" is slayer/family's most important word in their vocabulary.

Yes, I share your opinion and have from the beginning.....he cares little at all for Cassidy. If he had one shed of love in his heart for her he would never have taken her mother from her, ESPECIALLY the horrendous way he did.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting that the Fishers want Cassidy, but makes me wonder if they have had someone in their ear. Between the civil suit and the custody suit, seems like they are trying to get JY to talk. Don't know much about custody cases but seems like another default judgement could see Cassidy heading east. Not sure how mommy dearest would like that. Who do you protect? This could be a huge development....

Zelmajane - the number of times Linda Fisher has seen her grandaughter since the murder of Michelle can be counted on one hand.

I have to wonder if Slayer boy will fail to respond to this civil action just as he did for the previous civil action ?

I think he has to respond RC. I don't think we're going to see all the affidavits as we did in the Cooper case - he'll probably just deny every allegation categorically. At the Hearing he'll most likely take the 5th on many questions.

What will be interesting to me is if he hires Alice Stubbs. Same Judge Sasser. I remember the Sr Smith sitting in on the Cooper case and making some derogatory statements about Brad and he hadn't been charged at that point.

I worry about Linda. That poor woman. I just hope she has something substantial to make a case because if she does Judge Sasser will work with it. Thing is, Cassidy has been with jason for over 2 yrs now.

I don't want to rain on this parade at this point but one thing is for sure. Cassidy may know the truth one day about her mother's murder and she'll know that her maternal grandmother loved her very much!

Dunno really either but the track record shows neither Slayer boy or his family are going to say anything that may jeopardize his freedom. Give up Cassidy for continued freedom - I can see that happening. If he cared about Cassidy to begin with, he never would have murdered her Mother and he would have never drugged Cassidy while he was murdering her Mother. JMO

Good points.

Hi Charlie, :blowkiss: I always thought 'Slayer boy' rather a wimp, and this not responding to the civil action fits right in with that personality. I bet he doesn't respond either. Plus, does he have any $$$?

Bless Linda for this and I so hope Cassidy will go to live now with her Grandma. She would have the same upbringing and love that Michelle had, and believe me, this little cutie pie needs every positive touch in her life that is possible.

I was hoping by now the Grand Jury would have indited Jason. The last time I was here it looked like a good possibility and it had hit the newspapers. I'm just going to have to spend more time here on this thread. Justice for Michelle is so deeply rooted in my heart.

xox

You're right RC.....the word "freedom" is slayer/family's most important word in their vocabulary.

Yes, I share your opinion and have from the beginning.....he cares little at all for Cassidy. If he had one shed of love in his heart for her he would never have taken her mother from her, ESPECIALLY the horrendous way he did.

Hi Taqrheellvr, Did we learn that Cassidy was given something to make her sleep after the killer left her on the couch {setee}?

I need to go back and read here to catch up, but did we learn anything more about he crime scene and what the investigators think happened? I know the size of the shoe is a concern. Ta xox

The Slayer is in a pickle for sure.
2-4-09 is D-day .
The clan will study the Brad Cooper saga as a lesson in 'what not to do'.
With the same type of murder, the same DA and the same judge, this is playing out like an encore performance. Remember, Brad was arrested a mere 3 weeks after he ran his mouth in 8 hours of depositions.

If he decides to fight the custody in court 2-4-09, he will need to take the stand and talk...look for an arrest by late Feb 2009

Or, like Brad, he knows he should not talk and could agree to temporary custody for the Fisher's with supervised visits for himself. In that case, the Judge will order the psycho evaluation of the slayer and set a new hearing in 75 days. In the unlikely event he wants to then fight for Cassidy, he must submit to a grueling deposition by the Fisher's top flight law firm.....look for an arrest in April 2009

IMO, the most likely scenario will be an offer to compromise with the Fisher's by offering them joint custody and a court ordered visitation schedule.

From the Cooper case - "The elephant that sits in the room is that if there is evidence that Mr.Cooper is in any way responsible for his wife's death, that's certainly relevant in the custody case," Sasser concluded."
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3635223/

In the end, this argument was key in getting a favorable ruling by Judge Sasser.
She wanted evidence that Brad killed Nancy. Turns out, Wade Smith tried ,but he had little hard evidence to offer at the time other than "the Colin Willoughby train is coming"

On the other hand, Superior Court Judge Donald Stephens has already ruled Jason "The Slayer Young" was responsible for his wife's death. With that fact in hand, maybe her decision will be an easy one after all :boohoo:

Interesting that the civil complaint was filed in Wake County, rather than Transylvania County where the slayer and Cassidy reside.
The complaint stated he was 'staying' with his sister and mother, yet still owned a townhouse in Wake County.
I think jurisdiction may be an issue he will fight for.
If the case is ultimately heard in Brevard, don't look for a favorable outcome.

§ 50A‑201. Initial child‑custody jurisdiction - referred to in the civil complaint
http://www.ncleg.net/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bysection/chapter_50a/gs_50a-201.html

§ 50A‑209. Information to be submitted to court detailing residence history
http://www.ncleg.net/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bysection/chapter_50a/gs_50a-209.html

Hi Charlie, :blowkiss: I always thought 'Slayer boy' rather a wimp, and this not responding to the civil action fits right in with that personality. I bet he doesn't respond either. Plus, does he have any $$$?

Bless Linda for this and I so hope Cassidy will go to live now with her Grandma. She would have the same upbringing and love that Michelle had, and believe me, this little cutie pie needs every positive touch in her life that is possible.

I was hoping by now the Grand Jury would have indited Jason. The last time I was here it looked like a good possibility and it had hit the newspapers. I'm just going to have to spend more time here on this thread. Justice for Michelle is so deeply rooted in my heart.

xox

Hello Scandi - good to see you :)

As to Slayer boy = wimp boy - I agree and he has proven it over the past two years for sure.

With respect to Cassidy - check the most recently released SWs - LE doe believe there is a possibility that the Slayer attempted to drug Cassidy during the murder. Here's a link to one - the probable cause section explains it.

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/11/06/3914018/20081106190923866.pdf

I believe this could be termed child endangerment actually.

Whooo! Linda's really backing the slayer into a corner, isn't she? Good for her!
I don't know what he may do with this lawsuit. It appears as though he values him self above all others, Cassidy included. I don't see him opening his mouth in this either. I guess we'll have to see if he stays true to only Jason!!!

His juvenile,and obscene antics, along with his alley cat morals, really look horrid documented as legal documents for all to see!
Gee, I wonder who his character witnesses will be. Hmmm, I can't think of any that would be willing to vouch for him, that have a decent character themselves!

And once again, JY has made his mama so very proud.

Whooo! Linda's really backing the slayer into a corner, isn't she? Good for her!
I don't know what he may do with this lawsuit. It appears as though he values him self above all others, Cassidy included. I don't see him opening his mouth in this either. I guess we'll have to see if he stays true to only Jason!!!

His juvenile,and obscene antics, along with his alley cat morals, really look horrid documented as legal documents for all to see!
Gee, I wonder who his character witnesses will be. Hmmm, I can't think of any that would be willing to vouch for him, that have a decent character themselves!

And once again, JY has made his mama so very proud.

I'm sure mommie is proud - :crazy:

We should know mid January if Slayer boy is going to do anything or not. I still say if it is a choice between his freedom and Cassidy - he will serve himself I think. He has done nothing but that for two years, he thought nothing of killing a pregnant woman, why would he think twice about letting Michelle's daughter go ? Can't see mommie wanting him to say a word and jeopardizing himself. If she had a moral compass she would have followed it long ago IMO - this isn't going to give her one. JMO

I'm sure mommie is proud - :crazy:

We should know mid January if Slayer boy is going to do anything or not. I still say if it is a choice between his freedom and Cassidy - he will serve himself I think. He has done nothing but that for two years, he thought nothing of killing a pregnant woman, why would he think twice about letting Michelle's daughter go ? Can't see mommie wanting him to say a word and jeopardizing himself. If she had a moral compass she would have followed it long ago IMO - this isn't going to give her one. JMO
Well, it's a little late for any feelings of the moral side now, huh?
I agree RC, I really can't see Slayer Boy doing anything but staying silent, yet again.

I think he has to respond RC. I don't think we're going to see all the affidavits as we did in the Cooper case - he'll probably just deny every allegation categorically. At the Hearing he'll most likely take the 5th on many questions.

What will be interesting to me is if he hires Alice Stubbs. Same Judge Sasser. I remember the Sr Smith sitting in on the Cooper case and making some derogatory statements about Brad and he hadn't been charged at that point.

I worry about Linda. That poor woman. I just hope she has something substantial to make a case because if she does Judge Sasser will work with it. Thing is, Cassidy has been with jason for over 2 yrs now.

I don't want to rain on this parade at this point but one thing is for sure. Cassidy may know the truth one day about her mother's murder and she'll know that her maternal grandmother loved her very much!

I'm of the understanding Judge Sasser was done with her term in Nov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks