AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully... CB is not the one missing. Decent people don't slander missing young women.
I'm sure CB's mom is defending her son and his reputation but Samantha's dad is dealing with that AND trying to find his daughter, worrying day and night about where she is, if she's hurt or cold or hungry. Or that she might be dead.
He's living in a nightmare every day and night. CB is getting his name smeared a little... big deal. His mom is not feeling a tenth of the pain and fear and dread that JK is feeling right now.
I respect others' opinions, but I have a great deal of sympathy for him and a whole lot less for this mother whose son is alive and well.

Respectfully also, I haven't really seen her be "slandered". What I've seen seems more like people questioning what's really going on here and raising the possibility that perhaps she's missing of her own volition...much like what we all do here every day with lots of different cases. I'll say again that I do not think finding Sam is best served by presenting an angelic, perfect girl and shunning any discussion of what may have been going on in her life that may have led up to her going missing.....absolutely nobody is perfect, and the fact that she is missing doesn't suddenly make her perfect either. I'm sure hee dad is under duress, and that certainly is a shame and I have sympathy for that, but I have to question his decision to basically threaten the safety of anyone that says or asks anything that could possibly make her sound less than perfect, which seems to me to be what he is doing.
He may feel that he himself is being slandered with the commentary on how he is spending the reward money, but I believe that if he truly thinks he is in the right on that, then he shouldn't feel the need to defend himself so nastily.
I don't necessarily have sympathy for CB, but I do believe that if Sam's dad feels he has the right to say whatever he wants about who he wants in a public forum, then CB certainly has the right to defend himself against a public that is making apparent death threats. Just because Sam is missing and he is not does not change the fact that their basic rights are the same.

One thing that sticks out to me is with CBs mom. She keeps making these comments implying James is lying. What is she claiming that about? I mean really. The things he discussed were negative comments, his use of reward money, and the fact that sam and cb barely knew each other and had a brief fling. Which of those things is she so adamant about that he's "lying in national news"? It just seems off. IMO

James also mentions "launching whatever career they think they have". He evidently feels CB & Mike are using the publicity Sam's case is receiving to their advantage. I have no doubt things are being said behind the scenes and we are not aware of them. But evidently Sam's Father, is being made aware of them. I think that is what he is addressing.

I'm trying to think of the last time Sam's Father actually spoke in the news and what he said?

ETA- And the facebook tennis match continues ... someone is explaining on her facebook page about "lying on national news". I hope CB's Mom lives on a Military Base and not out in town, eeek!

Sam's Dad just unleased a tirade on the FB Find Sam page:

https://www.facebook.com/FindSamanthaKoenig/posts/347956751915653

He makes no bones about how he feels about CB.

See, this makes me want my money back. He has a NERVE to "hide" or delete the discussion pertaining to CB & his momma's interview! He can unleash like this but others don't have the right to express their opinions? At this point, even if CB ends up being involved (which I don't believe at the moment btw), I've lost respect. Doesn't JK realize he could be doing more harm than good with his latest barrage of statements? My God this is getting ridiculous. Sam is MISSING. Threats & insults just don't work. Look at what it's done in Michelle Parker's case! It divides people & now look what happened with the kid's - they're kept from their maternal family! I lurked around on the web this morning & there seem to be alot of people that are pulling away bc the FB page is leaving a sour taste in many mouths. What is happening on that board is the same thing as the original one - and the original first Missing FB profile set up was by a reputable person that handles THaoUSANDS of missing person's pages, is an advocate, respected, demands that rules be followed or she can't help. From what we see, there isn't a lawyer involved yet, ab accountant bc we've all seen JK's bad credit issues, a trust or non profit set up, and so on - which is absolutely ridiculous. The amount of money collected needs to be accounted for, period. Something needs to be stated, in legal binding writing, where the money will go if there isn't a payout. It doesn't matter that JK said it isn't anybody's business what he does with the money, as a matter of fact it IS everyone's business that donated to that fund to inquire whether he likes it or not. Plain & simple.

For the right tip, The Showboat is yours
Add to the $70,000 or so reward fund to help find missing barista Samantha Koenig one strip club business that could be worth as much as $250,000, courtesy of Terry Stahlman.

That's right, Stahlman, felon, recovering drug addict, fading strip club kingpin and occasional street philanthropist, would like to make this his largest public gift yet. He's retiring, so it's kind of a finale.

He called me last week to tell me about it. His idea: give The Showboat Showclub in Anchorage to anybody who provides police with the information they need to find Koenig, whether she is dead or alive, he said. The tipster has 10 business days from today.

"I want to do something real grandiose," he said. "Get this thing some attention."

The Showboat, housed in a fluorescent green and blue building on Fifth Avenue, is home to six or seven strippers, some as young as 18, who rent the privilege of stripping to their underwear on the premises. Cokes and energy drinks are on offer for $10 to $15 apiece.

"It's a moneymaker," Stahlman said.

I reached Koenig's father James on his cellphone. He said he had no problem with the offer and asked for Stahlman's phone number.
"I don't judge people for their pasts, I've got a past too," he said.

There is, naturally, some fine print. For the first year, the recipient of the business wouldn't pay anything. After that, he'd need to start paying rent and utilities, Stahlman said

Read more here: http://community.adn.com/?q=adn/node/160043#storylink=cpy

For the right tip, The Showboat is yours
Add to the $70,000 or so reward fund to help find missing barista Samantha Koenig one strip club business that could be worth as much as $250,000, courtesy of Terry Stahlman.

That's right, Stahlman, felon, recovering drug addict, fading strip club kingpin and occasional street philanthropist, would like to make this his largest public gift yet. He's retiring, so it's kind of a finale.

He called me last week to tell me about it. His idea: give The Showboat Showclub in Anchorage to anybody who provides police with the information they need to find Koenig, whether she is dead or alive, he said. The tipster has 10 business days from today.

"I want to do something real grandiose," he said. "Get this thing some attention."

The Showboat, housed in a fluorescent green and blue building on Fifth Avenue, is home to six or seven strippers, some as young as 18, who rent the privilege of stripping to their underwear on the premises. Cokes and energy drinks are on offer for $10 to $15 apiece.

"It's a moneymaker," Stahlman said.

I reached Koenig's father James on his cellphone. He said he had no problem with the offer and asked for Stahlman's phone number.
"I don't judge people for their pasts, I've got a past too," he said.

There is, naturally, some fine print. For the first year, the recipient of the business wouldn't pay anything. After that, he'd need to start paying rent and utilities, Stahlman said

Read more here: http://community.adn.com/?q=adn/node/160043#storylink=cpy

Well, this is just...odd.

Interesting. A strip club for teens....

Can be yours if you give up the tip that finds Samantha!

I guess if it brings Samantha home...

Okay, after reading CB's mom's latest Facebook tirade, my opinion of the restraining order has completely changed and I'm going with bdawk's theory. Sounds like he/she (sorry bdawk, don't know which one lol) nailed it to a T.

Also, the information she posted, while done in anger, I understand, is also important. She mentions some things she was told by LE and if it's true, completely changes the scope of the case (i.e. sounds more like runaway or that Sam was trying to pay off a debt, which coincides with my original theory that she was perhaps in on the robbery).

James also mentions "launching whatever career they think they have". He evidently feels CB & Mike are using the publicity Sam's case is receiving to their advantage. I have no doubt things are being said behind the scenes and we are not aware of them. But evidently Sam's Father, is being made aware of them. I think that is what he is addressing.

I'm trying to think of the last time Sam's Father actually spoke in the news and what he said?

ETA- And the facebook tennis match continues ... someone is explaining on her facebook page about "lying on national news". I hope CB's Mom lives on a Military Base and not out in town, eeek!

If even one of the things CB's mom is saying are true (especially about the $3000), it certainly would open alot more avenues of possibilities to this case.

Okay, after reading CB's mom's latest Facebook tirade, my opinion of the restraining order has completely changed and I'm going with bdawk's theory. Sounds like he/she (sorry bdawk, don't know which one lol) nailed it to a T.

Also, the information she posted, while done in anger, I understand, is also important. She mentions some things she was told by LE and if it's true, completely changes the scope of the case (i.e. sounds more like runaway or that Sam was trying to pay off a debt, which coincides with my original theory that she was perhaps in on the robbery).

That's ok! She :)

And yes, if what she is saying is true, it could change everything....

See, this makes me want my money back. He has a NERVE to "hide" or delete the discussion pertaining to CB & his momma's interview! He can unleash like this but others don't have the right to express their opinions? At this point, even if CB ends up being involved (which I don't believe at the moment btw), I've lost respect. Doesn't JK realize he could be doing more harm than good with his latest barrage of statements? My God this is getting ridiculous. Sam is MISSING. Threats & insults just don't work. Look at what it's done in Michelle Parker's case! It divides people & now look what happened with the kid's - they're kept from their maternal family! I lurked around on the web this morning & there seem to be alot of people that are pulling away bc the FB page is leaving a sour taste in many mouths. What is happening on that board is the same thing as the original one - and the original first Missing FB profile set up was by a reputable person that handles THaoUSANDS of missing person's pages, is an advocate, respected, demands that rules be followed or she can't help. From what we see, there isn't a lawyer involved yet, ab accountant bc we've all seen JK's bad credit issues, a trust or non profit set up, and so on - which is absolutely ridiculous. The amount of money collected needs to be accounted for, period. Something needs to be stated, in legal binding writing, where the money will go if there isn't a payout. It doesn't matter that JK said it isn't anybody's business what he does with the money, as a matter of fact it IS everyone's business that donated to that fund to inquire whether he likes it or not. Plain & simple.

Did you read my post regarding this at all? Or no. Just wondering. Or are you also involved with the organization that does those pages?
I do not want to argue, I just would like to say you are completely wrong on your thoughts about this. I am not sure if you are from AK, or if you know any of the people involved but I can tell you that you are off.
I would hope that you would have read my prev. post regarding this issue so you can make a more informed opinion on the issue between pages.
The first page was NOT set up in the best interest of the family. I am not saying the organization is bad, I think it is a great organization, however the admin for this case did not handle this page appropriately. She failed to update the reward amount, banned people, ect.
How can you ban a family member from a page about their family member?
Like I said before you only know what you saw, from what she allowed you to see, not the whole picture.
And like I said before the one post was hidden (Not very many are) was because it wasn't just some arguing it got completely out of control and ended up with a huge fight between people which wasnt needed.
The current page posts the most up to date info. And the number of that page have not got down they actually increase every day.
We just need to get her home safe and sound. Hopefully maybe with the latest offering from the club owner maybe that will trigger someone to do the right thing.
We can only hope and pray.

BBM- Just to keep the story straight. She wasn't told anything by LE, it was Sam's brother who told her. That's why James mentions "Mike" along with CB and his Mom in that facebook post. Confused yet?
icon12.gif

Did you read my post regarding this at all? Or no. Just wondering. Or are you also involved with the organization that does those pages?
I do not want to argue, I just would like to say you are completely wrong on your thoughts about this. I am not sure if you are from AK, or if you know any of the people involved but I can tell you that you are off.
I would hope that you would have read my prev. post regarding this issue so you can make a more informed opinion on the issue between pages.
The first page was NOT set up in the best interest of the family. I am not saying the organization is bad, I think it is a great organization, however the admin for this case did not handle this page appropriately. She failed to update the reward amount, banned people, ect.
How can you ban a family member from a page about their family member?
Like I said before you only know what you saw, from what she allowed you to see, not the whole picture.
And like I said before the one post was hidden (Not very many are) was because it wasn't just some arguing it got completely out of control and ended up with a huge fight between people which wasnt needed.
The current page posts the most up to date info. And the number of that page have not got down they actually increase every day.
We just need to get her home safe and sound. Hopefully maybe with the latest offering from the club owner maybe that will trigger someone to do the right thing.
We can only hope and pray.

You say here that the admin of the now-gone original Help Find Sam fb page was not handling it properly. You list not updating the reward amount as one of her "shortcomings". May I ask, then, how come the reward amount shown on the current Help Find page has remained at $70,000 even after Sam Stock took place? I know it generated donations, and should have incresed the reward amount, I would think. I'm asking because you seem in-the-know on "all things Sam's fb page", so I figured you could clarify. Also, don't you think it's equally as counter-productive for Sam's dad to yell and make threats as it is for "strangers" to argue?

BBM- Just to keep the story straight. She wasn't told anything by LE, it was Sam's brother who told her. That's why James mentions "Mike" along with CB and his Mom in that facebook post. Confused yet?
icon12.gif

Thanks for keeping it honest :). I need to slowww down a little. :)

Thanks for keeping it honest :). I need to slowww down a little. :)

We've seen lot's of mentions about people talking to ADN, but no story?

I have to wonder, why would Sam's brother (as stated by CB's Mom) go to the press (ADN) and tell them certain things about his sister and her Dad? I think there are a percentage of people who feel she left of her own accord. That the whole armed abduction caught by the surveillance video was planned?

If even one of the things CB's mom is saying are true (especially about the $3000), it certainly would open alot more avenues of possibilities to this case.

Just struck me. Remember when JK said he talked to Sam 90 minutes before the coffee place closed that night? Was he calling her about his missing money? I wonder exactly how much money went missing with Sam that night?

If she filed a false report because she could not face up to cheating on her boyfriend, would she fake an armed robbery and abduction to replace the missing money she took from her Father?

You have to admit, it makes sense. Problem is, this is so out of control now and has gained such a life of it's own, can she even come back now? What a mess, hope the above is true though. Far better than the alternative.

You say here that the admin of the now-gone original Help Find Sam fb page was not handling it properly. You list not updating the reward amount as one of her "shortcomings". May I ask, then, how come the reward amount shown on the current Help Find page has remained at $70,000 even after Sam Stock took place? I know it generated donations, and should have incresed the reward amount, I would think. I'm asking because you seem in-the-know on "all things Sam's fb page", so I figured you could clarify. Also, don't you think it's equally as conter-productive for Sam's dad to yell and make threats as it is for "strangers" to argue?

With the first page she knew the reward had been increased at the time I think from 41,000 to 60,000.. But refused to change it. It was on the news, on Nancy Drew, but yet she still would not change it. I think the biggest thing that really upset everyone was when she made JK sound bad with her reasons why she was closing the page. It wasn't just the reward amount, it was alot of things. And most people figured that out. Why delete or hide a comment about someone saying they are putting posters around the base? What is wrong with that. She deleted and hid most comments.
If you want to run a page then you should respect the family. In my opinion.
You should not ban family members either.

As far as the page now the updated reward amount has not been changed, I did ask that question as well. And there is not a total for the new reward amount as of now. It was just last weekend. There is still a few people who have done fundraisers such as Scentsy who is still waiting for there party to close. And checks waiting to clear. That is why the reward is more then 70K but there is no new calculation as it changes often and things are still waiting to clear and then it will be updated.

As far as JK, I disagree with you on that. Because he is the one with his daughter missing. Do any of us know what he is going through. No. He is emotionally drained, tired, upset, ect. As most of us would be at this time. He doesn't need this added stress that people are causing by saying some of the remarks they are or by making accusations like they are. There is a big difference in his statement and really has nothing to do with the fact of people arguing about a post.
The arguing that was going on was turning out to be a full blown battle between people who were not just strangers but knew each other. People were all heated and then the cussing and rumors and everything else. It needed to be hid.
The one thing on the page that will not be posted is rumors. If people have heard a rumor they can email and ask if it is true. And most people have respected that. But because there is no reason for the family to hear or read rumors like they heard she is dead or such then they will not be posted. It is hurtful.

Anyways, I really don't mean to argue with any one on here. I just have to give my opinion and share my thoughts based on what I know. And I do get upset sometimes when I hear things that people assume when they dont know the entire story. I know there is alot of unanswered questions. I agree with many of you. I don't understand things either. And I hope soon things will make more sense.

I cannot believe the things she is saying on a public fb profile.
I have a feeling things are thing to get even worse. Wow.

Just struck me. Remember when JK said he talked to Sam 90 minutes before the coffee place closed that night? Was he calling her about his missing money? I wonder exactly how much money went missing with Sam that night?

If she filed a false report because she could not face up to cheating on her boyfriend, would she fake an armed robbery and abduction to replace the missing money she took from her Father?

You have to admit, it makes sense. Problem is, this is so out of control now and has gained such a life of it's own, can she even come back now? What a mess, hope the above is true though. Far better than the alternative.

Yes, I do! That's a good thought. It is pretty out of control. I wish more people would realize that even if she does have "negative" things in her history, it doesn't make her less worthy of being found and brought home safely, so they shouldn't be so afraid of people knowing more about her. It could help find her and save her life!

I have to wonder, why would Sam's brother (as stated by CB's Mom) go to the press (ADN) and tell them certain things about his sister and her Dad?

I still don't understand MP's relation to Sam. He lists Sam's mom as his mother-in-law on his FB page. Does anyone else have this figured out??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288