Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured it would take quite of bit of "force" to get him to talk. But I see his mother is headed for Peru!

Interesting also that he rejected the public defender and hired his own lawyer.

I think JDVS will somehow negotiate to get himself the he** out of Peru. He has already started that process by confessing, claiming defense against this small unknowing young woman. (rolls eyes) I wouldn't be surprised if he throws out some tid bit of NH and her remains that gets him extradited back to Aruba even if on a temporary basis. The Aruban Gov. might even find a way to keep him given he is one of there own. I know I'm being sinister here, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I thought the same thing too. They really want the NH case closed. Now to what lengths will JVDS go to for an even lesser sentence to explain truthfully (we can wish) what really happened to NH?

I figured it would take quite of bit of "force" to get him to talk. But I see his mother is headed for Peru!

They wore him down that's for sure, a 18 hour car ride, and then interview after interview. I'm sure they brought in evidence and said we have you here with her, changing cloths, we will send you to America and the laws there are very bad, nothing like Aruba. JMO.

Why didn't Joran legally change his name if he was worried about people finding out his connection with Natalee?

Did he buy hair dye when he went to buy bread and coffee?[/QUOTE]

BBM...JMO that Joran used Hydrogen Peroxide to remove blood from his clothes and to clean up any scratches, cuts. Hydrogen Peroxide is a bleaching agent & he may have seen that it bleached part of his hair & he had to bleach it all.

At $40 a night, why didn't he pay for another couple of nights to buy him more time to get to Aruba or anywhere before they entered his room? Honestly, he's lucky he got as far as he did. $120 bucks could have bought him a lot of travel time.

No I can't. Pat Brown (ex-FBI profiler) said on Joy Bahar show this evening that he murdered her while trying to rape her. She didn't take her slacks off to look at his computer. That sounds the most likely to me. I hope this isn't considered speculation on my part since it was said by an ex-FBI profiler while discussing the case on a tv show.

Anyway it just breaks my heart. Her family must be in agony along with Natalee Holloway's family. God Bless them all and I hope he's served a just punishment at long last.

Yeah I thought Pat Brown was good. She said when Joran said Stephany "had no right" he was referring to her not wanting to have sex and it did not have anything to do with his story about the laptop.

Just from viewing the tapes, I am concerned with her demeanor. There is no conversation, no smiles, laughing , talking, just following meekly behind him. When he gets the keys from the desk he is smirking. We have been told she was an intelligent girl, just doesn't fit. I don't know how exactly he lured her to his room, she could have been drugged.
May God bless her and her family.

I can't but Pat Brown on Joy Bahar's show this evening said he most likely killed her while he was trying to rape her. That she didn't take her pants off to look at his computer. The way the body was partially clothed is evidence of what occured.

When Joran does the re enactment most of our questions will be answered. He has to make sense out of his story in order for him to get credit. So, he will have to answer why the hell her pants were off when they were not having sex.

The shirt was ruined, so he threw on the ground with the rest of the "trash" he would be leaving behind.

Much like Casey Anthony I think we are making Joran out to me much more of a thinker than he really is.

Shhhhhhhh - if Jose hears you he will say Joran was the one google-ing "neck breaking"

He couldn't have done all that in 20 minutes. Either she was dead when he went to get coffee, or, if he killed her after bringing the coffee to the room, the timeline is wrong.

I agree however, does it seem logical that JVDS would leave a dead body in the room for hours on end while he's getting coffee and handing out in his room?

I want to see the first tape when JVDS left the room to go for coffee, I wish they would release it already!!!

ON
February 11, 2010 Father died from heart.
May 10th Money Wired from Alabama to Netherlands $15,000 this followed a cash payment of $10,000
May 14 Flew From Columbia to Peru
May 30th Death of Stephany 5 years after Natalee disappeared
June 2 body found
June 3 deported into Chile and apprehended, in a taxi
June 4 home in Netherlands raided
June 7 confessed
June 9 arrest

I did this timeline it's as accurate as I could find.

This whole extortion thing makes me uncomfortable. Had the FBI not agree to give this boy 25k, he would not have any cash to go to Peru and Stephany would have been alive. Sometimes people have to make peace with certain things. I can't imagine how it feels for your daughter to disappear when she goes on a high school trip but I really think they crossed the ethics line in giving Joran cash especially since they did not even have the jurisdiction to arrest him. There was too much at stake and not enough certainties. They gambled with their money and someone lost their life in the end.

When Joran does the re enactment most of our questions will be answered. He has to make sense out of his story in order for him to get credit. So, he will have to answer why the hell her pants were off when they were not having sex.
I am totally unfamiliar with this reenactment business that seems to be a requirement in Peru. But what a good thought you have, frenchvixen! I wonder if they will make him repeat it until he gets it to match what he has told them. Anyone know how all that works?

This whole extortion thing makes me uncomfortable. Had the FBI not agree to give this boy 25k, he would not have any cash to go to Peru and Stephany would have been alive. Sometimes people have to make peace with certain things. I can't imagine how it feels for your daughter to disappear when she goes on a high school trip but I really think they crossed the ethics line in giving Joran cash especially since they did not even have the jurisdiction to arrest him. There was too much at stake and not enough certainties. They gambled with their money and someone lost their life in the end.

I am not sure why everyone is saying "if the FBI didn't give the money", the money came from Beth. If anything the FBI didn't arrest Joran, and based on some reports, the FBI did not have enough evidence against Joran to arrest him back in May.

Hi, Justus4all. I think that the variant reports about what she was wearing when she was found will eventually be sorted out. I think that most such information seems to be filtered through various Peruvian news media who are grabbing police department gossip, much of it second or third hand.

Correction: I see that I was wrong. Apparently she was in just a t-shirt and panties. I do have a suggestion about why she was so attired. It was after five a.m. Stephany had an argument with her father; she didn't want to go home to be confronted by him, so she agreed to come to her new friend Joran's hotel room to stay the night. Perhaps she was thinking of more than sleeping, perhaps not. As a horny young man, he would probably draw other conclusions. When he went for coffee and a bite to eat, she changed into sleeping clothes. Then either she went on the computer and found something OR when he returned he made unwelcome advances OR they had some other argument.

I hate to even think this but after having read various accounts of his "problems with getting a date", I wonder whether Joran had hmmmm.....performance problems unless he strong-armed /forced/hurt the woman. Was that his turn-on? Is that why most women/girls didn't want to "go with him" because their intuition told them it "didn't feel right"? Were Natalee's and Stephany's intuitions not working? I've always told my daughter that if something or someone didn't feel right they should turn around and leave, but I know there are some people who don't have these "heebie-jeebie" feelings.... I'm lucky I was born with it or I'd be dead many times over.

I agree however, does it seem logical that JVDS would leave a dead body in the room for hours on end while he's getting coffee and handing out in his room?
For Joran ~ yes, I could actually see him falling asleep on the bed, after the "workout" of killing her. MOO

About the only date I remember is May 10th when the first intital $10,000.00 was exchanged and then he left Aruba on May 13th.

In case it hasn't been already said since I'm quite a number of pages behind on this thread, the FBI's claims of money transfers to Joran's account in Aruba and his removal of those funds doesn't mean he was physically in Aruba at that time. These were no doubt wire transfers that don't require anyone's physical presence and can be accomplished anywhere in the world. He can also check his Aruba account to see if the money landed there (which it apparently did) and removed some or all of it from anywhere in the world.

I had read the FBI's charges concerning the extortion in .pdf format and don't recall anything that mentioned where Joran was physically when communications and financial transactions occurred, and they really don't need to know that (and if he was smart he'd be in some other country than where his account was that received the extorted financial transfer at the time in occurred).

Nobody does financial transfers/deposits/withdrawals internationally by physically going to the bank. Joran didn't need to be in Aruba for the money to be accepted into his account there, nor would he have to physically be there to take some or all of it out... and likely he would not have been there to avoid the most obvious way of being caught. He could and probably did all this financial transacting from some other country, and it appears that he may have done it from Columbia, removed part or all of the money once it landed in his account in Aruba while he was physically in Columbia (since he wouldn't need to BE in Aruba to remove it), and hopped a plane from Columbia to Peru to go on his next gambling junket with fresh cash to gamble with that he allegedly extorted... all of which more than likely occurred without him having stepped foot into Aruba.

I think the FBI did exactly what they should have...No one could have predicted Stephanys death...He used that money to gamble, not to go to Peru to kill someone.... JMO

I still don't think either one of them had any intentions of having sex with each other.

If he had wanted to rape her he would have and he would have stripped her of her panties instead of leaving them in tact. Imo, her top would have been off and her bra too.

I think they were just hanging out. Maybe doing some pot and playing on line poker.

Now he may have taken her pants off once he killed her trying to make it look like someone had raped her but I think the autopsy report will show she was not raped nor did she have sex even willingly. I dont even think they will have evidence of an attempted rape.

Or he may have stripped her pants off so he could go through the pockets thoroughly to make sure he took all the money she may have had. Her pants were very tight fitting so it would be hard for him to get his hands down in her pockets with them still on her, imo.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member