LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
This bears repeating.

I totally agree with you.... I highly doubt your perp was hanging out at Whiskey Bay after the dump occurred of the bike. I mean you never know, but very doubtful.

When it comes to the missing flyer I think it was either placed by media for dramatic effect or placed by a volunteer.

I am perplexed as to why they would dispatch a civilian search team to such a hazardous area in total darkness, this to me was fool hardy. I know if I am out in the darkness here where I live I could not find my butt with both hands, none the less be sure if I saw a bike, missing poster, or anything else. Searches in total darkness don't bear fruit, so that is very scary that they put you in harms way. or do you all choose to go to Whiskey bay that night on your own? I am very curious? TIA....IMHO....and all that stuff...

No, BW never said that she would take Parkside to Congress, he had specifically said at one point that she didn't do that. One of the first maps that the news broadcasted last week said that she would typically take a left from Ryan St. to Parkside, then turn Right onto St. John (which turns into St. Landry), and onto Coliseum to the bike path. Then she'd go to Congress, turn left and continue straight until she got to the neighborhood between Guilbeau and Amabassador Caffery, she would cut through there and go straight through the light on Bonaire.

If she turned on to Congress from Parkside, there would be no need to go down St. Mary or Cajundome Blvd, she'd already be on the street that would get her home.
I'm glad you're clarifying because as I'm looking at the map, it just didn't make sense for her to get off congress at all.

I lived in Lafayette all my life up until we moved to Texas three years ago and as well as I know that area, this is all overwhelming and confusing.

I don't know. I just sent the detective the info 10 minutes ago.

After speaking with them twice, if they didn't want the info spread, they should have called me back, seems to me - though they have a lot of tips to go through.

The thing is - this is a local car - by getting it out there, SOMEONE knows who he is!

By not getting it out there, more time goes by with a bad description of the car.

Seems to be if they didn't want the car ID-ed, they shouldn't have released ANY description.

What do y'all think? Don't they want the car ID-ed - shown by them describing it?

I've been here a longggg time, not my first rodeo, and one thing that we see over and over again, LE will not give call backs on anything unless you have the info they need. Now, if you actually knew who owned that vehicle, they would immediately get back to you. It's a shame, and can make you very angry, but that's how they treat these cases. Not saying it's wrong, but they want specific info.

For what it's worth, I've been to Artmosphere a couple times, and if you're looking to get weed, it would be a lot easier and safer to get it from someone there. I would venture to say that most of the people who go there either have some or know someone there who does. I don't think Mickey was meeting somebody to "broker a deal" that night (excuse the parlance, I have no idea what people who are looking to get drugs call it lol).
Its funny that you say this because I always thought artmosphere was a "hooka lounge" sort of place. Like since years back

That's what she may have done - arranged with someone there to drop some off to her later (which may have happened on her way home). Text message my have been 'look for me around St. Landry Street'. They don't walk around with it on them to sell I don't think.

If that happened, the person may have come forward out of consciousness (even though it just blew his cover as a dealer - maybe just small time). But for that reason, maybe he wouldn't come forward. Depends on how into it he is and if he's bringing in big bucks or just helps out his friends.

That's perfectly rational, but...I don't know, I have a hard time believing she would do that. Leave on her own and bike further into a bad part of town to get pot at 2 AM, I mean. Didn't she say she was too tired to wait for the others to go to Mel's Diner? Marijuana isn't that big of a deal (yes I know it's illegal); I don't think she would have kept it from everyone she knew.

I kind of think that if she did deviate from her usual route, it may have been to meet a guy. I have a hard time believing that a young, beautiful college girl had "no boyfriends." Maybe she wanted to keep him secret for some reason.

JMO of course! :)

Slowbutshelly, did the search organizers send you out to the basin that late at night (midnight?) or did you and a group just decide to do so? TIA

When LE is quiet...sometimes it means they are onto the case and have a good handle on it.

Of course, that is not always true, AKA Holly Bobo...

These threads are flying....I'm having a tough time keeping up while trying to do my normal daily activities.

:treadmill:

It took me two and a half hours last night to catch up in my kitchen and be sure the laundry was up to par - so everyone had their faves available to put on this morning, etc.

True, but for all three vehicles to be there, that leads me to believe it was a short period of time. I have a hard time believing that all three would spend more than five minutes at the gas station.

Having staked out that area most of this weekend, at that time of night the average vehicle was there for around 7-8 minutes

from thread #8----

Quote:
Originally Posted by manlet View Post
Why does everyone always assumes a man did it? Why not a woman? or a man with a woman? A man could use another woman as bait to attract another woman over. It's been done before. I see it all the time going down at nightclubs.

Mickey most likely would of trusted a woman or a couple (man & woman) to drive her home or to the hospital more so than a single man if she was offered a ride or her bike was accidentally hit.

Hollyblue's reply---------
You make a very good point. I've thought about the xgf of BW. Not accusing her at all, but all bases should be covered. Didn't BW say she was a friend of MS before...and that's how he met her? Then in the "inaudible" long interview, didn't BW say that her and Mickey were estranged now? I just can't get past the thought that someone did not want her moving to NO...or with BW. They were going to proceed with the move the 1st of June right? Were classes already over for the summer when she went missing?
The above really caught my attention. :what:

Indeed, all bases should be covered.

If BW were suspecting that his xgf played a part in Mickey's abduction, then his suspicion could account for BW's odd behavior while being interviewed, as well as his statement (paraphrase) "YOU know what you have done....."

I've been here a longggg time, not my first rodeo, and one thing that we see over and over again, LE will not give call backs on anything unless you have the info they need. Now, if you actually knew who owned that vehicle, they would immediately get back to you. It's a shame, and can make you very angry, but that's how they treat these cases. Not saying it's wrong, but they want specific info.

Well, he probably hasn't got the e-mail yet.

But the e-mail's pretty specific.

I'm a witness claiming to have seen a specific car of a specific color in town, possibly with the same body damage.

Hope it helps!

That's perfectly rational, but...I don't know, I have a hard time believing she would do that. Leave on her own and bike further into a bad part of town to get pot at 2 AM, I mean. Didn't she say she was too tired to wait for the others to go to Mel's Diner? Marijuana isn't that big of a deal (yes I know it's illegal); I don't think she would have kept it from everyone she knew.

I kind of think that if she did deviate from her usual route, it may have been to meet a guy. I have a hard time believing that a young, beautiful college girl had "no boyfriends." Maybe she wanted to keep him secret for some reason.

No, not a big deal as she probably knew the white truck guy but then the Olds person drove by - bad timing, bad luck. I posted a theory on the last thread. Just a theory based on the posts that had been building last night into the morning.

And if she wanted weed and couldn't score it at Artmosphere for some reason, she definitely could have gotten some from Mel's. I don't think she was in the area to buy drugs--they've said it's the path she normally takes, so unless she stops for weed every time she bikes home from BW's house....

Having staked out that area most of this weekend, at that time of night the average vehicle was there for around 7-8 minutes

So, we have a 7-8 min window in which Mickey passes, the white truck follows her, turns around somewhere not far down the street and heads back in the opposite direction.

My memory of that car is sharp enough that I can still see the "Ninety-Eight" script on the front fender, and the big, puffy, white vinyl top.

Saw that Olds a couple years ago stopped at a light on Hwy. 90.

Same color as in the poster.

Then a couple more times.

Then the last time I think I remember it being damaged and primered on the right quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73