GUILTY NE - Kerra Wilson, 8, Mitchell, 21 Sep 2011

Good question.

The whole area just seem so open, someone must've seen something. If the local news can just get a hold of this story and get it on the air and in the open maybe someone will speak up or remember something.

That is if looking at the school and area isn't a complete waste of time.

I'm in Kansas City and I can't find anything local about this at all! I realize this happened on the far side of Nebraska from me, but its been over 24 hrs.. she could be anywhere by now, you'd think they would be notifying the public. <sigh>

It "looks like " from FB she was at one time in girl scouts...

Wilson remains missing as of Thursday morning. As part of the search, teams of searchers have gone door to door in Mitchell Wednesday evening and have also searched rural areas along Experiment Farm Road and other county roads into the night. Bartling said a Nebraska State Patrol airplane had also flown the air and will be used in search efforts again this morning.

Searchers have included officers from law enforcement agencies and fire departments throughout the area and the Scotts Bluff County CERT Team, which has searchers specifically trained.

Anyone with information should call the Scotts Bluff County Communications center at 308-436-6666 or the Nebraska State Patrol at 308-632-1211.

http://www.starherald.com/articles/2011/09/22/news/local_news/doc4e7a720e09102357811149.txt

Nebraska State Patrol investigator Monica Bartling says there are no leads in the disappearance of a Mitchell elementary third grader.

http://kneb.com/index.php?more=jpfa3gjz
RBBM

:banghead:

ETA: I wonder if this means the dogs did not pick up her scent?

Good to know they are doing a lot more than it appears.

Wonder how she was feeling that morning ? How was the new school year going ? I hope someone from the school has confirmed that she was dropped off. There was only a 5 minute window, from being dropped of at 8am, and school starting at 8 05 am. Would think that someone would have spotted her leaving the school parking lot ? I wonder if the FBI is there yet ?

2 RSOs that close to an elementary school ? Should be a strict 10 mile limit.MOO Why should RSOs have the same rights as those of us who don't do the things they do ? MOO

Nebraska State Patrol investigator Monica Bartling says there are no leads in the disappearance of a Mitchell elementary third grader.

http://kneb.com/index.php?more=jpfa3gjz
RBBM

:banghead:

ETA: I wonder if this means the dogs did not pick up her scent?

This report states that the child's mother and school officials alerted LE. Yet, on FB, it was stated that the child's grandmother called LE to report her missing ? Who did she actually live with , or did her grandmother live with the rest of the family ? Is this just confusing reporting ? Or is it something else ? MOO

Why just between 8 and noon? Why not 24/7? Sorry, that just struck me as odd...

This report states that the child's mother and school officials alerted LE. Yet, on FB, it was stated that the child's grandmother called LE to report her missing ? Who did she actually live with , or did her grandmother live with the rest of the family ? Is this just confusing reporting ? Or is it something else ? MOO

Thank you, LizB,

I have seen different times and different statements as to who called LE, and they were from MSM...

Last one I read was Grandmother at 3:00pm.. Called LE

I think it is confused at best..:banghead:

I really want to know who "confirmed" she was dropped off at the school?

I haven't read where they did a reverse 911 call yesterday. I hope I just missed seeing that?

I have been following this and it is very disturbing. Question for locals out there- is this story out there on the news and around town? I don't see where a reverse 911 call was made, do we know if this happened? If not, YIKES!

If there isn't much coverage going on we all need to write as many news outlets as we can today. We need more pictures of her too.

I wonder, If she was driven to school, and not take the bus, does this mean she might live within an area that the buses don't pick the children up?

Like here in Florida, if you live within 1 miles from the school you either have to walk to school or a parent needs to drive you.

If she was in walking distance would she have tried to walk back home..?

I wonder, If she was driven to school, and not take the bus, does this mean she might live within an area that the buses don't pick the children up?

Like here in Florida, if you live within 1 miles from the school you either have to walk to school or a parent needs to drive you.

This is the same in Washington state too.... we live within 1 mile of the school so no bus.... we have to drive him or he has to walk home.

Do we know her home address? Maybe we can map it from the school to see what route she would have taken if she happened to walk home.

OT: I finally broke down and bought my 9-year old son a phone. Just a lil go phone where he can call us and text (only me and my husband). When I hear things like this case it makes me feel okay about him having one.

NCMC1180212x1.jpg

Picture from http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

And Another picture:

NCMC1180212c1.jpg

In Oregon, the schools are so broke that they don't even have a "law" about picking up the kids anymore. :( Our district has the one mile rule, IIRC.

This is the same in Washington state too.... we live within 1 mile of the school so no bus.... we have to drive him or he has to walk home.

Do we know her home address? Maybe we can map it from the school to see what route she would have taken if she happened to walk home.

OT: I finally broke down and bought my 9-year old son a phone. Just a lil go phone where he can call us and text (only me and my husband). When I hear things like this case it makes me feel okay about him having one.

Thanks Chasing Halos, I was just searching and I can Not find anything on a home address.

Ever since all my children were little they have had a Zoom-back device on their shoes, (I know they are for dogs but they work great)

Even still my older children have them and the oldest are 28 and 22..:innocent: but they dont have them on their shoes but belt or purse. :giggle:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back