MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the posts here make me sad. I know alot of parents are guilty of harming their own children, but I don't think these are.

If Lisa had been sick then maybe mom had lost alot of sleep the last few days before this happened and not hearing the baby she slept soundly this night. Possibly the 5 yr old turned on the lights before he climbed in bed with mom. What 5 yr old would offer up a confession that they turned on the lights, half asleep in the midst of the chaos that had to be going on. He may have thought he would get in trouble if he did remember that they turned them on. and he may think since it was being talked about that he is at fault for leaving the lights on.

If my baby was gone and I ran to get one of the phones and ALL of them were gone, my first thought would be I can't call 911. I would then go to neighbors to call or have them call. I could see them saying that they think the phones were taken to prevent them from calling.

If they lived there for some time they may be very comfortable, it looks like a nice neighborhood and sounds like a place where people knew their neighbors. If it is not a big crime area I can see where they may have had a false sense of security.

BBM - I agree. I thought the same thing about why mom might have slept really soundly.

Only way I'd stop is if they said they would kill my child if I did not stop cooperating with police.

But how did they contact you? That is why I don't believe this.

ETA: Not to mention, they apparently already gave the names of at least a dozen people...so LE is already on to anyone they thought they had a problem with, if they were telling the truth.

I don't think mom has a clue what has happened but I think JI does have a good idea. All moo of course.

One of the things I noticed besides that one paragraph I posted earlier of the interview was the way she would look at him for affirmation and I could be wrong but I thought he didn't respond.

I don't have children...can anyone with kids think of a valid reason to stop working with police to find yours? Even if they suspect you? I would guess LE is watching any calls they are taking or making, so it is unlikely a threat of any kind got through to the parents, IMO...

No.

Agreed.

Scanner discussion has to stay downstairs, can't be discussed here. Thank you.

Ima

"This evening we will be shutting down the command post. We believe we have done all we can regarding geographic searches and will continue tracking leads as we get them or develop additional information," police Officer Darin Snapp said in a news release.

I thought Steve Young said that there were no plans to shut down the command post. :waitasec:

Capt. Young: "We have no plans to close the command center yet, but it will close at some point."
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 10/7/2011 12:04:42 AM 8:04 PM

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1a3KYM7Vt

WOW! I am shocked! Well...kind of anyway. My hink meter is still going.

About the phones....wouldn't they be something fairly easy that LE could verify? Call the phone company and find out if they indeed had phones, or not?

"This evening we will be shutting down the command post. We believe we have done all we can regarding geographic searches and will continue tracking leads as we get them or develop additional information," police Officer Darin Snapp said in a news release.

BBM and there I think you have the reason for the end of cooperation
ETA and the heated exchange

there is a chance that LE is thinking this: Mom gave too much cold meds to child and she died, mom calls hub at work and tells him what happened, hub tells her wait until I get home, hub comes home and they work up a plan, hide the baby somewhere, and rid of the phones too because she called him on his cell phone. If this is the case LE needs enough probably cause to get a subpoena to their cell phone records and I don't think they have it. Maybe LE asked them to provide that information and they refused then stopped cooperating.

OK what if the parents think they know who it is and the Police haven't made an arrest and they are just very upset. There appears to be some problem this afternoon some misunderstanding. So maybe they have a good idea who did this and want LE to arrest them and bring the baby back but LE can't yet?

I was thinking that too. Earlier today it was said that the parents had renewed hope because they were reminded of another name of someone that could have been involved. They said they gave that name to police. It may be possible that they are really convinced this person is involved and are upset that police are not arresting them. Just a thought.

In the JonBenet case, the parents and other relatives gave the names of many suspects who could have killed JBR. I know we all differ on whether we think John and Patsy were involved, but I just thought I would mention a case, where the parents were able to come up with many people who could have harmed their child. Take that as you will.

IMO somebody knew where the dammed light switches were in the house to get the lights on - this was not a total stranger abduction. I for one could not go into a strange house, turn on lights, take a baby out of a crib, grab 3 cell phones, go out and leave the door unlocked unless I knew the layout of the house, where the light switches were and maybe ... possibly had a key to the house or knew where a key would be hidden outside the house. Nigh to impossible to do all of this in a house that one did not know w/o waking somebody up. All moo.

IMO there had to be familiarity with the surroundings to do all this ... moo.

"The parents revealed this morning that their cell phones were missing when they frantically tried to call 911 after discovering that their "Pumpkin Pie" was not in her crib.

Lisa's visibly shaken father also told reporters about the "unusual" state he found his home in Monday night."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-parents-stop-cooperating-making-lists/story?id=

Just read this and had a bad feeling. I'll reserve judgement b/c unless it happens to our family (God forbid) , I'm not sure how I'd react.

The part about the parents revealing the theft (?) of the cellphones just this morning and the state of the house with lights left on; was strange. Why wait until today to share that info., if this article reads correctly ? I would've said that right away so they could try to get a signal as to where Lisa may have been taken/driven.
BBM
Did the story change , or did the parents tell LE immediately, and the press ---and the rest of us --- were told just today ??

And is LE going over the families' computers and cellphone records to see what was said or discussed in the past few days/months ?
Sorry if this has been talked about in previous threads.

Might be testosterone. moo

IMO, It seems like a spiteful move on LE's part. Just this morning they were saying the parents story had no holes in it. I'm hoping this is a situation of bad advice to the parents and a brief moment of frustration on LE's part.

BBM and there I think you have the reason for the end of cooperation
ETA and the heated exchange

That is exactly what I thought when I read that. Even though it may be misplaced, I think I would completely lose it if I heard those words from LE and my baby was still missing. Anger would be an understatement.

Shutting down the command post imo led to the lack of cooperation...I am almost certain of this if I am certain of anything.

Obviously with a few other frustrations as well but if Young acted with them the way he did in the presser...well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361