James Kolar's New Book Will Blow the Lid off the JonBenet Ramsey Investigation

"We have a lot of very active and very important cases, and that is where I will continue to put my efforts," Garnett said. "From what I can tell, the people of Boulder County, who I represent, don't want to hear about this case unless I am able to file a case and press charges, which I'm not. So I'm not going to say anything about it.

:nevermind:

another one who only took advantage of this case (his campaign)
remember all those big promises?blah blah.yuk

I wonder if a petition would help to make him realize that not only the people of Boulder County but the entire world still care about the case

what's this?a piece of cord?

Clipboard01.jpg

Thank you for blowing that up.I saw that too but wasn't sure.I wonder if it was part of the staging.Again if it was a real criminal escaping through that little window how would that little piece of cord mae it there? I hope they took that into evidence

yes,it was very emotional to watch that video,it brought back a lot of emotions.
And it's incredible how obviously staged that suitcase looks,and there it is the cobweb.......whoever killed JonBenet was inside of the house.
What stood out to me also was the open lipstick on the floor,it just hit me hard.....it seems proof to me that JonBenet was down there playing...it's a messy room but the open lipstick just made me see her down there alive before it happened,I no longer think she was killed in her bedroom......I was never much in the BDI theory camp but the toy train and the lip stick makes me really reconsider.It would make the most sense after all.

After seeing the video again I don't think that's a lipstick after all I think it's a Sharpie probably used to enhance the lines on the elephant painting?
Isn't it sort of symbolic how there is a big elephant in the room?
I wonder what the black mark or hole in the middle of the elephant is?

There was absolutely no evidence he was in Boulder that night (or ever), or I am sure he might have been.

You can't investigate as a suspect every person who ever saw JB. You have to start with people who were known to be in Boulder. And especially with people who were known to be actually in the house at the time.

And until the killer is NAMED (and it doesn't look like we are any closer to that, though I'd hoped the "big reveal" might have provided that) - the above suspects must remain suspects. NO one is cleared in an unsolved murder.

DeeDee, we are on the same side. :)
With all due respect, there is a possibility that the chronic vaginal trauma was a totally separate set of crimes perpetrated against JonBenet by someone other than her murderer.
IOW, there has always been a potential distinction in my mind between the vaginal epithelial cell erosion and hymeneal erosion and the murder and murderer (s).
You are, of course, correct with regards to the DNA left at the crime scene. If a person wasn't in Boulder, then they obviously didn't leave any of the DNA.

I agree with you about the current sense of disappointment.

Kolar does not explicitly mention who he thinks was responsible for the death of JonBenet, although it’s clear that he feels that there is behavioral evidence, some statements to childhood friends ,as well as some things found during the course of executing a search warrant in the home that collectively form a somewhat troubling picture of Burke.

OK, then. I would like to hear Mr. Kolar explain how a small 9 year old boy managed to strike a blow to JonBenet's head which resulted in the long scull fracture. The blow was struck with enormous force. I am very familiar with head trauma, and I have never known of a case where a child was able to deliver what would have been a killing blow to another child with a fully formed and closed skull ( not an infant, in other words).

I remain convinced that an adult was responsible for the head injury.
I do not believe any adult assisted a 9 year old child in the murder of a 6 year old!

Likewise, Burke was not legally culpable. If there was some sort of bizarre death, why would innocent parents cover for him to the point of writing the " War and Peace" of fake ransom notes?

An adult killed JonBenet, IMO, based upon the known case facts!!
Burke may have been a weird kid. I heard many anecdotes which pointed to an aloof, possibly troubled child from mothers of his school mates in Marietta. However, being weird or troubled doesn't make him a killer.

IMO, the ENTIRE Paugh family is weirder than weird. That doesn't make them suspects or killers!! Although I strongly suspect Patsy Paugh Ramsey did kill her own daughter.

After seeing the video again I don't think that's a lipstick after all I think it's a Sharpie probably used to enhance the lines on the elephant painting?
Isn't it sort of symbolic how there is a big elephant in the room?
I wonder what the black mark or hole in the middle of the elephant is?

I thought the same thing about the elephant in the room! I can't tell what the black circle is on the painting as the video is small on my monitor and I don't see anywhere to click to enlarge. I wonder if the elephant picture is one of Patsy's paintings?

I did notice the Dr. Pepper can on the bookcase at the beginning of the video as it looked out of place. And the little pink coin purse looking object laying on it brought tears to my eyes as it has to be JonBenet's.

I hate to state the obvious, but IF the case info would " blow the case apart" then the case would BE blown wide open.
I read Steve Thomas's book years ago. I think he cared about JfJBR at one time, then he " moved on".

I truly fail to see what could be revealed by a former investigator in an ongoing murder case that we don't already know... He can't compromise the case integrity ( if there is any left).
Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe this is one of those " totally awesome" things, but it's not for me.

In over 15 years now, I've had extreme distaste for ANYONE making money off a dead child. " Dancing on her grave" is the term we used to use for those who profit personally from her murder.
JMO.

I have an extreme distaste for ANYONE who thinks that Mary Lacy is all that and a bag of chips. I have a personal history with her not WANTING to prosecute a SEX OFFENDER because it would ruin his life. Now, just why do you think she wouldn't even consider looking at the Ramseys? Yeah, you got it, it would ruin their lives.

Compromise the case integrity? <snip> Mary Lacy compromised that when she apologized to the Ramseys.

Do me a favor, know how the Boulder County DA's office was run under Hunter and Lacy before you start condemning anyone but those two....

JMO, IMO, :moo:

I want to stress Kolar is not making money. It cost him a great deal of money to put this book out there.

I just finished listening to the show.I honestly don't believe Kolar did this for the money.He sounds as obsessed (and I mean it in the good ,great way) as we are,he sounds tired,like this case still haunts him.

there is something I don't get :waitasec:
so if there are artifacts coming from 6 UNKNOWN persons.......how the heck does ML know that the intruder/killer was male number 1 and not 3 for ex?:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

how does she know that the intruder is the one who left his dna in her panties and not the one who left the dna on the garrotte for ex?

because it's CONVENIENT?

MY GOD,is this stupid,corrupt or both

Here is a better overview:

6 unique and unidentified genetic profiles &#8211; 5 males and one female.
DNA from fingernails belonging to JonBenet
Left fingernails &#8211; unidentified male #1
Right fingernails &#8211; unidentified male #2 and female (JonBenet could not be excluded as a contributor)
Waistband, seams, and crotch of panties (Distal Stain 007-2) CODIS - unidentified male #3
TDNA waistband of leggings matching DS 007-2 male #3

TDNA on wrist bindings &#8211; male #4
TDNA garrote &#8211; male #5

ETA: The highest quality DNA at 10 markers is Distal Stain 007-2
All other DNA is weaker

didn't team Ramsey say that the DNA found under her fingernails MATCHES the one found in the panties and the leggings?just another big fat lie,huh?

No one is suggesting Burke did anything.

All the book does is gives us is a look inside this dysfunctional investigation and let's the reader decide her/his own theory.

No where does the book say who killed JonBenet.

But Burke was only three weeks from being 10 years old. His birth date is January 27th.

IF he was involved in any part of the strangulation or vaginal injury, his age at the time of the commission of the crime would be the determining factor. ( Disclaimer- I do not think he was involved with anything other than involved in an extremely sick family).
The Ramseys would have known this. They had friends who were attorneys with them on the 26th.

Just curious if anyone who has read the book has a synopsis of what it points out ? I have always been 99.99% sure it was the R's , since it happened -- does this DNA stuff mean anything significant ?

what's this?a piece of cord?

Clipboard01.jpg

Looks a lot like a flat piece of nylon utility cord to me. I remember the picture taken of it from above in the leaked photo evidence, and it was discussed, but it looks a lot different in the video.

I want to stress Kolar is not making money. It cost him a great deal of money to put this book out there.

Then why the hard sell? This thread wreaks of shameless book promotion...

OK, then. I would like to hear Mr. Kolar explain how a small 9 year old boy managed to strike a blow to JonBenet's head which resulted in the long scull fracture. The blow was struck with enormous force. I am very familiar with head trauma, and I have never known of a case where a child was able to deliver what would have been a killing blow to another child with a fully formed and closed skull ( not an infant, in other words).

I remain convinced that an adult was responsible for the head injury.
I do not believe any adult assisted a 9 year old child in the murder of a 6 year old!

Likewise, Burke was not legally culpable. If there was some sort of bizarre death, why would innocent parents cover for him to the point of writing the " War and Peace" of fake ransom notes?

An adult killed JonBenet, IMO, based upon the known case facts!!
Burke may have been a weird kid. I heard many anecdotes which pointed to an aloof, possibly troubled child from mothers of his school mates in Marietta. However, being weird or troubled doesn't make him a killer.

IMO, the ENTIRE Paugh family is weirder than weird. That doesn't make them suspects or killers!! Although I strongly suspect Patsy Paugh Ramsey did kill her own daughter.

SeekingJana, I wouldn't think of trying to convince you change your mind -- I can see you have it made up about that issue. I understand. But at least think about this:

Have you ever seen a child hit, strike, push, bite, or even kick another child out of anger, or as a quick reaction to something said or done? And in that state of anger, can you imagine that if they had an object in their hand at the time, do you doubt that they might use that object in their anger and with a child's lack of judgment of the possible future repercussions?

If it happened (and it does) that wouldn't necessarily mean that the child was a monster, or that he/she was evil.

I'm not saying that that has to be what happened, but can you really say that it didn't and not even consider it? That just could be why the "killer" has never been identified. Maybe there was no murder that ever happened there. Maybe everyone was looking for a monster that never existed.

Just sayin'.

Just curious if anyone who has read the book has a synopsis of what it points out ? I have always been 99.99% sure it was the R's , since it happened -- does this DNA stuff mean anything significant ?

Quote by Mark Beckner in 2008 long after Mr. Kolar was not on this case. So you decide! With that said, I am interested in what Mr. Kolar has to say concerning the different samples

"The discovery of additional matching DNA in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case is important information that raises more questions in the search for JonBenet's killer. The Boulder Police Department concurs with the Boulder District Attorney's Office that this is a significant finding. We remain committed to bringing JonBenet's killer to justice. That is, and always will be, our goal."

Wow, lots of reaction -- even international:

[SIZE=+1]Yahoo! Alerts[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]Yahoo! News - My Alerts - Edit Alert [/SIZE] [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]
Thursday, July 19, 2012 8:06 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Investigator hoping for JonBenet murder arrest
9 News Denver [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Thu, 19 Jul 2012 07:33 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
BOULDER, Colo. (AP) - A former district attorney lead investigator on the JonBenet Ramsey murder case says he is still hoping the case will be solved. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Investigator holding out hope for JonBenet arrest
Provo Daily Herald [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Thu, 19 Jul 2012 07:24 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
A former district attorney lead investigator on the JonBenet Ramsey murder case says he's still hoping the case will be solved. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Hometownstations.com-WLIO- Lima, OH News Weather SportsInvestigator holding out hope for JonBenet arrest
Your Hometown Lima Stations [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Thu, 19 Jul 2012 06:44 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
BOULDER, Colo. (AP) - A former district attorney lead investigator on the JonBenet Ramsey murder case says he's still hoping the case will be solved. James Kolar has written a book saying evidence raises questions an intruder was responsible. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Former lead investigator still hoping JonBenet murder case will be solved
Brandon Sun [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Thu, 19 Jul 2012 06:44 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
BOULDER, Colo. - A former district attorney lead investigator on the JonBenet Ramsey murder case says he's still hoping the case will be solved. James Kolar has written a book saying evidence raises questions an intruder was responsible. According to the Boulder Daily Camera [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]JonBenet Ramsey murder: New clues revealed by former detective could shed new light in case
Daily Mail [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Thu, 19 Jul 2012 06:23 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
A former detective on the famous cold case writes in a new book that a cobweb and a child's toy could hold the answers to the 1996 murder of six-year-old JonBenet Ramsey. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Investigator still hoping for JonBenet murder arrest
The Daily Sentinel [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Thu, 19 Jul 2012 06:04 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
BOULDER — A former district attorney lead investigator on the JonBenet Ramsey murder case says he is still hoping the case will be solved. James Kolar has written a book saying evidence raises questions an intruder was responsible. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Former Boulder DA investigator writes JonBenet Ramsey book
Boulder Daily Camera [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Wed, 18 Jul 2012 20:41 PM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
It's been almost 16 years since JonBenet Ramsey was found dead in her family's Boulder basement. Now, James Kolar, a former lead investigator on the Ramsey case for the Boulder County District Attorney's Office, has written a book questioning the theory that an intruder was responsible for the 6-year-old's murder. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv