Interviewing Convicted Murderers

Odyssey

Verfied Insider Diane Genice Dye
Reaction score
Hi,

There is a family of an MP that I have been working with, that would like to have a particular inmate questioned about the MP.

This inmate was questioned by LE years ago, but the family hasn't been able to get any info from them as to the outcome, other than the fact that the inmate was willing to talk to them.

They want someone experienced that is on their (the family's) side to go in and talk to him and see what he remembers (if anything) - he isn't necessarily looked at as a suspect, but we think he has information.

They don't mind paying a reasonable fee to a reputable company but I don't even know where to look. Are there any MP organizations that do this, or maybe a PI?

Any help would be appreciated!

I know of cases where PI's have interviewed "possible witnesses" like the inmate you reference.

Has there been a breakdown between LE and the family? There may be good reason why LE is witholding the information. The family you are helping needs to make sure they keep their lines of communication open with LE, and that LE cooperates with any PI's the family might hire. It has to be a give and take. KWIM?

I know of cases where PI's have interviewed "possible witnesses" like the inmate you reference.

Has there been a breakdown between LE and the family? There may be good reason why LE is witholding the information. The family you are helping needs to make sure they keep their lines of communication open with LE, and that LE cooperates with any PI's the family might hire. It has to be a give and take. KWIM?

The problem is that the local LE didn't really do any investigation (fairly typical for an old 70's case). The investigation and interviews were done by LE from another state, who came to the MP's state, thinking she was a match to their Doe. Once it turned out not to be a match, their interest in the case was closed, and now they say "It's not our case", and apparently aren't willing to go dig out the information they have.

Local LE hasn't been responsive to them either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back