FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have sweatshirts with hoods. To me TM had on a sweatshirt with a hood. I would expect because of GR's recommendations about not wearing sweatshirts with hoods that now Old Navy will go out of business. Amazing. jmo

Old Navy will not go out of business because no one listens to Geraldo that has any sense, especially the demographic that shops Old Navy. However, to be naive about the function a hoodie has in countless crimes is to put yourself in danger. The ones used in crime, don't normally have embellishments and are usually black, gray, or white. The hoodie is used to hide the identity of the criminal. Victims of home invasions, store robberies, and car jackings whose attackers have never been captured probably don't think of hoodies the same way you do anymore. And yes, 17 yr old criminals wear them too. That is NOT to say Trayvon should have been targeted because he was wearing a hoodie - I don't even know where that came from. Zimmerman simply described what Trayvon was wearing. I assume Trayvon had the hoodie on since Zimmerman did not initially know his ethnicity.

remember the 911 call that ABC Chicago news guy said Trayvon made? the one we figured was mis-speak?
....link many many posts back....this morning on MSNBC's Up w/ChrisHayes, he reported the same thing and later when questioned by some on twitter this was his reply:

someone ask what the 911 call didn't show up on Travyon's phone logs. This is what said about that:

Wieland ‏ @lawscribe

· Open

.@tanehisi @chrislhayes I have had cases where 911 calls do not show up on consumer viewable phone records. Not billable. Need ITMS logs.

also mentioned on show that Zimmerman was not talking to a 911 dispatch, he had another # to call for watch reports, and that Tryvon's 911 call did not go to Sanford PD but to 911 County Sheriff dispatch

I am reviewing vids from this morning's show, not luck finding it yet

Also, if anyone hunts, captures, and kills George Zimmerman, I would demand the immediate arrest of those people, the same way I demand an arrest of George Zimmerman. I do not condone it. I do not support it. If they want to go out and do something so stupid as this, they deserve to be in jail too.

Someone here predicted this was only a matter of time....if this has been posted, my apologies:

Trayvon Martin case: New Black Panthers offer $10,000 bounty for capture of George Zimmerman

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ack-panthers-protest-20120324,0,1231157.story

"When asked whether he was inciting violence, Muhammad replied defiantly saying: "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

The bounty announcement came moments after members of the group called for the mobilization of 5,000 black men to capture George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who shot Trayvon Martin last month."

Take away the dollar amount and it is just another version of the armed neighborhood watch. I'm not in favor of it, but if neighborhood watches are going to be armed, untrained and free to shoot, then why complain about the Black Panthers?

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/24/n...-at-planned-trayvon-rally-outside-sanford-pd/

New Black Panthers no-show at planned Trayvon rally outside Sanford PD

I'm a little confused, unless I misread it, I thought the other article said that the rally with with these people had taken place. But in any event, hoping that maybe the family's representatives or someone got to them to ward off any thoughts or acts of violence.
There are new investigators now and better to allow them to investigate this thoroughly.

JMHO

I don't think the New Black Panthers/New Black Militia are serious, and that they are only trying to get attention for themselves and this case.

That's how I see it, and I hope that someone--Ben Crump, the Martin family, or Al Sharpton will publicly address these people and tell them to stand down...

I don't even take the Black Panther's seriously? It's like the Ku Klux Klan? Who takes them seriously? The NAACP is who the family has gotten involved as they should have. I find the threats against an entire Police Department much more troubling than threats against a man who should be in jail anyways?

Zimmerman's attorney comments on Martin shooting
http://video.msnbc.msn.com/msnbc-tv/46843101/#46843101

The attorney representing George Zimmerman, the admitted gunman who shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, speaks publicly about the deadly incident.
have new developments to share in the shooting death of trayvon martin. the lawyer for the ad mitted gunman george zimmerman spoke out last night. the attorney says he has not talked to his client at the night of the shooting and where the evidence points.
END....
ME....
I STILL DO NOT BELIEVE THAT GZ SHOULD HAVE HAD A GUN ON THIS WATCH.

remember the 911 call that ABC Chicago news guy said Trayvon made? the one we figured was mis-speak?
....link many many posts back....this morning on MSNBC's Up w/ChrisHayes, he reported the same thing and later when questioned by some on twitter this was his reply:

also mentioned on show that Zimmerman was not talking to a 911 dispatch, he had another # to call for watch reports, and that Tryvon's 911 call did not go to Sanford PD but to 911 County Sheriff dispatch

I really, really hope this is true!

So much for me getting anything done. I can't stop checking in (I'm a writer on a May deadline :banghead:).

Old Navy will not go out of business because no one listens to Geraldo that has any sense, especially the demographic that shops Old Navy. However, to be naive about the function a hoodie has in countless crimes is to put yourself in danger. The ones used in crime, don't normally have embellishments and are usually black, gray, or white. The hoodie is used to hide the identity of the criminal. Victims of home invasions, store robberies, and car jackings whose attackers have never been captured probably don't think of hoodies the same way you do anymore. And yes, 17 yr old criminals wear them too. That is NOT to say Trayvon should have been targeted because he was wearing a hoodie - I don't even know where that came from. Zimmerman simply described what Trayvon was wearing. I assume Trayvon had the hoodie on since Zimmerman did not initially know his ethnicity.

Unless you can link to statistics of crime in which the perpetrator is wearing a hoodie, or to Old Navy's actual demographics, then this is irrelevant as it pertains to TRAYVON MARTIN. Zimmerman did know his ethnicity, he specifically said "HE LOOKS BLACK." That wasn't just a wild guess.

A hoodie does not hide one's identity, it covers their head/hair. If you were talking about ski masks, then you might have a little more standing.

I suppose no one gets to wear wool caps, jeans, sneakers, t-shirts, boots, button-down shirts, parkas, dresses, heels, khakis, sweaters, turtlenecks, penny loafers, well....actually any clothes at all...because criminals come in all shapes and sizes and classes and fashions and fabrics.

I don't think the New Black Panthers/New Black Militia are serious, and that they are only trying to get attention for themselves and this case.

That's how I see it, and I hope that someone--Ben Crump, the Martin family, or Al Sharpton will publicly address these people and tell them to stand down...

The two accounts seem different, in one it said they announced the reward at the protest on Saturday but this one says there were only 15 people that showed up today. Maybe I'm just confused, lol

But I agree, they need to address them and tell them to back off. Even the rhetoric is wrong.

JMHO

• Sanford cops usually call a prosecutor to the scene of a homicide but did not that night.

True, according to police and the State Attorney's Office in Seminole-Brevard. Police talked to a prosecutor by phone that night, but she did not go to the scene. Based on the evidence they gathered that night, police believed they did not have enough evidence to arrest Zimmerman on a manslaughter charge because of his account of what happened and claim of self-defense.

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2012/03/24/2388488/myths-half-truths-about-the-trayvon.html#storylink=cpy

WOW! That's all it takes, huh? Just someone saying it was self defense? Great law Florida! (NOT!)

Unless you can link to statistics of crime in which the perpetrator is wearing a hoodie, or to Old Navy's actual demographics, then this is irrelevant as it pertains to TRAYVON MARTIN. Zimmerman did know his ethnicity, he specifically said "HE LOOKS BLACK." That wasn't just a wild guess.

A hoodie does not hide one's identity, it covers their head/hair. If you were talking about ski masks, then you might have a little more standing.

BBM ITA. Seriously. I live in Oregon. I'm pretty sure hoodies are part of our official state uniform. Particularly ones with ducks and beavers on them.

I suppose no one gets to wear wool caps, jeans, sneakers, t-shirts, boots, button-down shirts, parkas, dresses, heels, khakis, sweaters, turtlenecks, penny loafers, well....actually any clothes at all...because criminals come in all shapes and sizes and classes and fashions and fabrics.

I say we all go back to wearing leaves?

Someone here predicted this was only a matter of time....if this has been posted, my apologies:

Trayvon Martin case: New Black Panthers offer $10,000 bounty for capture of George Zimmerman

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ack-panthers-protest-20120324,0,1231157.story

"When asked whether he was inciting violence, Muhammad replied defiantly saying: "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

The bounty announcement came moments after members of the group called for the mobilization of 5,000 black men to capture George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who shot Trayvon Martin last month."

The equivalent of the skin head clan groups. All mouth and ignorance. They will all show up you can bet. Oh and the Westboro Baptist Church will chime in at some point.

I say we all go back to wearing leaves?

Crap, what if I wear an oak leaf, though, and you all have maple leaves and fig leaves so now I'm suspicious?!?!?!

eta: and don't get me started on marijuana leaves ;)

GZ knew he was black.

Given that the vast majority of teens wear hoodies as a daily part of their wardrobe, even adults for that matter, it's absurd that anyone should consider that they might be mistaken for a criminal, or be concerned that wearing one would put themself in danger.

JMHO

JMHO

I don't even take the Black Panther's seriously? It's like the Ku Klux Klan? Who takes them seriously? The NAACP is who the family has gotten involved as they should have. I find the threats against an entire Police Department much more troubling than threats against a man who should be in jail anyways?

Sorry I DONT AGREE

I see hate groups as problems, if not today tomorrow.
IMHO – JUST the presence of Al Sharpton would spear head such.
WHY? because he is always playing the race card.

This is going to be a very long and difficult case :(
because good records were not kept from the star.

Sorry to respond to the same post twice, but as for ski masks, people here ride their bikes a lot, so I'm not even surprised when I see their little balaclava-clad faces peeking out...the first time I saw it, I looked twice, but then saw it again and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong