LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a link to the report filed by the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Dept. regarding BSL's 'attack' on 05/19/12:

http://klfy.images.worldnow.com/images/incoming/JPSOCrimeReport.pdf

...BSL WAS INTERVIEWED BY JEFFERSON PARISH SHERIFF'S DEPUTIES AND NEW ORLEANS PD.

Am I doing my math right? According to that report, the JPSO officer was first notified of BSL being at Ochsner at 2216 hours. That's 10:16 PM, correct? That's prior to the 11Pm we've been discussing previously.

It also states that by the time the officer arrives, NOPD had already been there and interviewed BSL. NOPD was gone by the time JPSO showed up. The report date is also 5/19 at 22:14, which seems like JPSO was notified of the situation 2 minutes before they assigned it to an officer to go out there.

So his arrival at the ER had to happen before 10PM. I know this isn't a sticking point, but we had discussed his timing extensively earlier today so I wanted to point that out.

---------
Did you mean she carried a knife as well?

There were some posts upstream that speculated that she could have.

Would any of her friends or family know?

I think this is the "puzzle piece" missing for me? Where did the object used to stab him come from...Mickey? A weapon in the car, like those utility knives or box cutter? What about those "leather man type" knives...I carry one in my glovebox/console...or did he make it make to Elaine Lane & she got one from the kitchen?

---------
Someone said that the bags get checked? Someone else said that the perp. probably wouldn't put a body in the gulf, thinking it may get washed ashore.

I don't know.

Right - I'm not saying he took her offshore or even to the check in point. What I am saying is....did he report his offshore bag as missing? Get another one?

Maybe Mickey is in his offshore bag which he then dumped somewhere...WB, on way to NOLA, or somewhere. Could he have weighted it down to make it sink?

Everyone is looking for Mickey....but should they be looking for an offshore bag? He could have had her in that and driven to NOLA and no one would know - they would see an offshore bag and there is nothing unusual in that. Even if caught on camera somewhere they wouldn't know that there was a body in it.

Anyone seen him carrying one or driving around with one after Mickey disappeared?

That's all I'm saying. :waitasec:

We know Mickey carried pepper spray, I wonder if she carried a knife of some kind as well.
Sounds to me Mickey was able to stab him, and he went to the hospital in an effort to get on record a phony cause for the marks...
Did the person who mugged him, also bite him on the neck I wonder... surprised there's no mention of that at the hospital..

First off, Im new to WS and still a little shaken on what can be put up on here. Also, what a privilege it is to be able to talk to different minds and discusses cases such as this so as to try and find this lovely young lady. I have been following this case since the day it happened. My heart goes out to the Shunicks and loved ones that have to endure not having their baby/sister/friend home with them. My prayers are with you and everybody else involved. Like I said before, not sure what I can post and how to post it?? On the FINDMICKEYNOW page on fb, there where several post from her friends (not sure because I do not know Mickey personally) said she carried around a box cutter. I can go back and reread to find where this was posted if need be, might take me awhile because it was in the early days of her missing when they were talking about the pepper spray she carried with her. Can anybody verify this claim or have read/heard the same thing?

They should always take pictures or video of wounds like this.

There is no mention of bite on his neck.

i don't think it's a bite mark? didn't the article say stabbed in back, chest, and neck? i read it last night and am too tired to read again.

The more I think about it I wonder if he went straight to TX from the ER? ~and didn't return until he rented the car to drive back in??
1 cop could have run his tag pulled him over and seen the interior
He filed to have his RSO removed... he was hoping that would happen before he ever had to explain that his truck was stolen IN TX! and that he'd bought a new one and not advised them.
Was trying to date a hair dresser?? The day he got back!
Sure doesn't sound like he was headed home anytime soon... he was probably planning on shacking up/hiding out with her for awhile... he knew LE was hot on his tail! And he VERIFIED that she didn't have a "boyfriend" ~ he was hatching plans with all the calls and messages to her.

“He said, ‘I’ll call you in two weeks when I get back in. Maybe we can do something.’ Well, the day he was expected to come back was the day he got arrested.”

“He sat in my chair and he was like, ‘have you and that guy ever tried working it out?’ I said, ‘No.’ He said well I find it very funny a pretty girl like you is still single and he kept going on and on and on.”
http://www.theind.com/news/10922-crowley-hairdresser-lavergne-had-knife-wound-on-neck

I know neighbors did see him at his home at some point... but I bet it was only when he had the red car and or silver truck.
He went to church for an alibi as well IMO... wonder if he was driving the red car then???

So the report from the hospital stated that he had already explained the situation to the NOPD for two hours. So that puts him at the hospital as early as 9pm.

Also, would he not have needed a license to rent a car? Though 10 days later he could have already received a new license. In NC we are issued a paper showing we have applied for a new license and then we receive in the mail in about 10 days.

I hope that Mickey is found soon.

Kelly

----------

My bold above.

What I've learned from studying crime over the years is that some perps. use bleach, and it's fairly effective, but not as thorough as they would believe.

Yes but that is a terrible mistake. I just watched a show last week that said bleach reacts to Luminol and the police can see that as a cover up. Now I have read on here that you can buy Luminol at a sporting goods store. If Luminol only reacts once to blood evidence them I think they could spray Luminol all over and hide the effect of future Luminol tests. Now I learned that right here on WS a couple threads back and then researched to make sure Island Hopper was correct. I find that so interesting!

Am I doing my math right? According to that report, the JPSO officer was first notified of BSL being at Ochsner at 2216 hours. That's 10:16 PM, correct? That's prior to the 11Pm we've been discussing previously.

It also states that by the time the officer arrives, NOPD had already been there and interviewed BSL. NOPD was gone by the time JPSO showed up. The report date is also 5/19 at 22:14, which seems like JPSO was notified of the situation 2 minutes before they assigned it to an officer to go out there.

So his arrival at the ER had to happen before 10PM. I know this isn't a sticking point, but we had discussed his timing extensively earlier today so I wanted to point that out.

Quoting my own post to add: something is missing here. The JPSO report really sounds to me like NOPD was called first. Why? He shows up at a hospital in Jefferson Parish with a weird account of what happened, and they call NOPD first? There had to be a reason NOPD was the one called:
- They were already there to take a report on another incident
- BSL provided some sort of details that let them to believe he was in Orleans parish when this happened

Has anyone uncovered the NOPD report?

First off, Im new to WS and still a little shaken on what can be put up on here. Also, what a privilege it is to be able to talk to different minds and discusses cases such as this so as to try and find this lovely young lady. I have been following this case since the day it happened. My heart goes out to the Shunicks and loved ones that have to endure not having their baby/sister/friend home with them. My prayers are with you and everybody else involved. Like I said before, not sure what I can post and how to post it?? On the FINDMICKEYNOW page on fb, there where several post from her friends (not sure because I do not know Mickey personally) said she carried around a box cutter. I can go back and reread to find where this was posted if need be, might take me awhile because it was in the early days of her missing when they were talking about the pepper spray she carried with her. Can anybody verify this claim or have read/heard the same thing?

i have seen mention of that on here, but i can't verify it and don't recall it being verified. but if her closest friends say this, then it must be true. did BW say this?

Is there a time difference? I would imagine it is one hour behind ET. I was thinking 9 as well using EST, but it also states he had spoken with NOPD for two hours, not sure if that is an exaggeration but that would be 8 pm.

Kelly

I know that someone posted that he rented a car, but was that ever confirmed?

So the report from the hospital stated that he had already explained the situation to the NOPD for two hours. So that puts him at the hospital as early as 9pm.

Also, would he not have needed a license to rent a car? Though 10 days later he could have already received a new license. In NC we are issued a paper showing we have applied for a new license and then we receive in the mail in about 10 days.

Kelly

The report said 2215 which is 1015 and he had been interviewed for two hours which means he was there by 8pm.

With all the new details emerging, does ANYONE still believe she is alive?

I'm just curious. Seems like I am pretty alone in this department.

Obvious signs point to her not being, but of course, there's always a chance.
I'm just curious how he was so OBVIOUS with everything, how her body has not been found if she is dead. I mean, it seems as if he would have put her someplace obvious, like he did the for the bike, truck, lies.
At the same time, if she was alive, why hasn't anyone seen her after all this time?

But yes...
Still hoping she is alive, somehow.

Kelly

Bolding added by me.

We know he definitely had a license on him at some point after Mickey went missing. He used it at the dealership where he purchased his new vehicle or at another dealership where he tried to purchase a vehicle and was rejected (I'm not 100% on how this played out?). Most likely he had it when he rented the car.

What we don't know is whether he replaced his license after MS went missing, or if he had the same one all along.

My money is on him having the same license all along, and making up the "it was stolen" story so that the hospital wouldn't see RSO (or RSO whited out) on his license and start really grilling him about where his injuries came from.

Quoting my own post to add: something is missing here. The JPSO report really sounds to me like NOPD was called first. Why? He shows up at a hospital in Jefferson Parish with a weird account of what happened, and they call NOPD first? There had to be a reason NOPD was the one called:
- They were already there to take a report on another incident
- BSL provided some sort of details that let them to believe he was in Orleans parish when this happened

Has anyone uncovered the NOPD report?

i don't trust the media to get the time of his arrival correct. just because they said 11pm means nothing. it could have been a few hours before that. as you discovered, he was there by 1015ish at least. the hospital records may have actual time HE arrived?? the parking garage cameras should as well

Does anyone have an educated guess on about when LE will release some of their evidence? For example, how can they place BSL in WB? What evidence was recovered from the bike, surely the lab reports have been completed by now, right? What incriminating footage was recovered from The Advertiser's camera and how can they indentify his truck on City Hall's cameras? Also, does anyone have a clue why it would have taken The Advertiser so long to release their footage when they insisted that every business review their footage for that night so long ago? These are just a few of my questions about this whole ordeal.

Is there a time difference? I would imagine it is one hour behind ET. I was thinking 9 as well using EST, but it also states he had spoken with NOPD for two hours, not sure if that is an exaggeration but that would be 8 pm.

Kelly

There is no time difference between Lafayette and New Orleans.

i don't trust the media to get the time of his arrival correct. just because they said 11pm means nothing. it could have been a few hours before that. as you discovered, he was there by 1015ish at least. the hospital records may have actual time HE arrived?? the parking garage cameras should as well

The Hospital records definitely have the actual time he arrived--both when he walked in the ER door and "registered" as well as when he was triaged as well as when he was first seen by a provider--and their parking garage cameras definitely have it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305