West

When posting about a particular case, PLEASE type the victims' names in the title of your post.

:tyou:

From your link, digndoodle, a man named Bradshaw was Krueger's partner in the McAllister home invasion, and his probable killer.
Fast forward to that March night last year, and the beautiful home on Lake Washington. The pair of intruders had disappeared, but one left his ski mask behind. Tests run on DNA from the mask matched a convicted felon named John Alan Bradshaw.
http://www.truecrimediary.com/index.cfm?page=cases&id=135

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/former-seattle-police-officer-linked-to-violent-ho/nDRPL/

From your link, digndoodle, a man named Bradshaw was Krueger's partner in the McAllister home invasion, and his probable killer.
http://www.truecrimediary.com/index.cfm?page=cases&id=135

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/former-seattle-police-officer-linked-to-violent-ho/nDRPL/

Thanks Bessie, I saw this yesterday also, but so far they have never found Bradshaw and no-one has come forth of seeing him, from what I understood at the bottom of the article you posted along with the home invasion the doctor's family hired a search done in the lake but Bradshaw was not found and to me it just sounds so odd that no sightings of him has been turned in since they were known to be together on this evening of the home invasion deal and the neighbor where the boat was stolen from said he only saw 1 set of footprints in the area where the boat was known to have been located
I found it strange also that inside the boat was a duffle bag with "hand restraints, duct tape and extra ammo" and as we know now this would be some of I.Keyes favorite things

Just want to park this info here, but haven't found any possible victims as yet. It's just so overwhelming all the locations involved.

ISRAEL KEYES in San Diego, Southern California Area including Border crossing to Tijuana, Mexico
in 2006 and 2007

5/10/2006: Portland, OR to San Diego, CA
Flew Portland, OR to San Diego, CA on 5/10/2006.
No known rental car.
Left San Diego 5/15/2006
May 10 - 15, 2006: Southwest Airlines flight (Portland, Oregon to San Diego, California; round-trip).

10/21/2006: Seattle, WA to San Diego, CA
Flew Seattle, WA to San Diego, CA on 10/21/2006.
No known rental car.
Walked across border into San Ysidro, Mexico on 10/22/06.
Left San Diego on 10/23/06.
October 21 - 23, 2006: Alaska Airlines flight (Seattle, Washington to San Diego, California; round-trip).

October 22, 2006: Pedestrian border crossing - San Ysidro, Mexico to San Diego, California.

October 23, 2006: Hotel reservation (Quality Inn & Suites) - San Diego, California

2007: April 26, 2007: Border crossing from Tijuana, Mexico to San Diego, California; ate at restaurant in Tijuana.

April 27 - 28, 2007: Hotel reservation (Best Western) - Kettleman City, California.

April 27, 2007: Border crossing from San Diego to San Ysidro, Mexico.

April 28 - 30, 2007: Hotel reservation (The Chablis Inn) - Napa, California.
(something off on these dates?)

April 30, 2007: Border crossing from Tijuana, Mexico to San Diego, California.

Just want to park this info here, but haven't found any possible victims as yet. It's just so overwhelming all the locations involved.

ISRAEL KEYES in San Diego, Southern California Area including Border crossing to Tijuana, Mexico
in 2006 and 2007

5/10/2006: Portland, OR to San Diego, CA
Flew Portland, OR to San Diego, CA on 5/10/2006.
No known rental car.
Left San Diego 5/15/2006
May 10 - 15, 2006: Southwest Airlines flight (Portland, Oregon to San Diego, California; round-trip).

10/21/2006: Seattle, WA to San Diego, CA
Flew Seattle, WA to San Diego, CA on 10/21/2006.
No known rental car.
Walked across border into San Ysidro, Mexico on 10/22/06.
Left San Diego on 10/23/06.
October 21 - 23, 2006: Alaska Airlines flight (Seattle, Washington to San Diego, California; round-trip).

October 22, 2006: Pedestrian border crossing - San Ysidro, Mexico to San Diego, California.

October 23, 2006: Hotel reservation (Quality Inn & Suites) - San Diego, California

2007: April 26, 2007: Border crossing from Tijuana, Mexico to San Diego, California; ate at restaurant in Tijuana.

April 27 - 28, 2007: Hotel reservation (Best Western) - Kettleman City, California.

April 27, 2007: Border crossing from San Diego to San Ysidro, Mexico.

April 28 - 30, 2007: Hotel reservation (The Chablis Inn) - Napa, California.
(something off on these dates?)

April 30, 2007:
Border crossing from Tijuana, Mexico to San Diego, California.

BBM - :seeya: in reference to the above bolded, just wanted to say thanks for posting this - do you remember where you saw this information? it is very helpful - :tyou: - from the information above - it appears that Keye's made several trips by foot into Mexico from San Diego - also interesting that he does not seem to repeat the hotels he stayed in either according to the above list - would be interesting to know more information about his stay's at the different hotels - maybe a small clue in patterns exist that are not apparent

Hi ISpy101. :wave: I got that info from the Timeline posted on this forum. I pulled out all the dates for a certain area. So far, I have tried to find any bank robberies, victims, rapes, anything he could have done in the San Diego and Tijuana area with no luck.

Sticky: Timelines [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220907"]Timelines *NO DISCUSSION* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I agree, trying to find his logic is extremely interesting, but proving to be a time consuming endeavor. I can't imagine why he went across the border and apparently had dinner in Tijuana on April 26, 2007.

Lots of people park in San Ysidro, or take a trolley, and then walk across. It saves time with no long car lines to get back into the U.S. Did he have dinner with friends? Take something into or out of Mexico?

San Diego Trolley to Tijuana
http://www.virtualtourist.com/trave...portation-Tijuana-San_Diego_Trolley-BR-1.html

Keep asking myself if there was some reason to go there. Any ideas?

In general , I wonder if he was hiding survival kits with cash around lots of border areas, in case he ever needed to go on the run.

Hi ISpy101. :wave: I got that info from the Timeline posted on this forum. I pulled out all the dates for a certain area. So far, I have tried to find any bank robberies, victims, rapes, anything he could have done in the San Diego and Tijuana area with no luck.

Sticky: Timelines Timelines *NO DISCUSSION* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I agree, trying to find his logic is extremely interesting, but proving to be a time consuming endeavor. I can't imagine why he went across the border and apparently had dinner in Tijuana on April 26, 2007.

Lots of people park in San Ysidro, or take a trolley, and then walk across. It saves time with no long car lines to get back into the U.S. Did he have dinner with friends? Take something into or out of Mexico?

San Diego Trolley to Tijuana
http://www.virtualtourist.com/trave...portation-Tijuana-San_Diego_Trolley-BR-1.html

Keep asking myself if there was some reason to go there. Any ideas?

In general , I wonder if he was hiding survival kits with cash around lots of border areas, in case he ever needed to go on the run.

Curious Me, You have brought a great thought to us all, I'm wondering how hard it is to cross in a car such as do you have to have the vehicle searched??, what is allowed to take along in case you drive over and of course I have often thought of drugs being smuggled in or out??? Could this be a reason for crossing several times? and from what I have read in several articles his family is now all over the US States, could he have relatives living in Mexico??.......Just a thought and all moo

Does Utah belong in this thread? If so....

Timeline released of suspected serial killer's trips to Utah

Goeden said it's concerning to investigators that he put 522 miles on a silver Volkswagen Jetta he rented in Salt Lake City during a seven-day trip to Utah in February 2004. Investigators know he traveled north during his visit because he stopped at a Walmart in Logan.

The FBI said Keyes flew into Salt Lake City on Sept. 2, 2007. During his trip, he drove to Rock Springs, Wyo., and then caught a flight out of Utah on Sept. 6 after stopping by a gas station and ATM in Salt Lake City.

Keyes was in Utah on another trip during the Fourth of July, 2008. Somewhere along his drive back into Wyoming, Keyes bought a fishing license, according to Goeden. She said his behavior was disconcerting because he had purchased fishing licenses before he committed murders in other states.

During his visit in 2008, Keyes stopped in Evanston and spent a day in Green River, Wyo., and on one of his trips to the Green River area, Keyes secretly planted a cache that has yet to be found.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=27533464&nid=148

I hadn't seen some of these details before, and I don't see them in the timeline thread. Should they be added?

"Just me or have they convicted the wrong person for this probable victim of IK?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Recently Sentenced and Beyond
Reload this Page GUILTY WA-Chris Wilson chrg'd w/Murderof Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 #20

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116351&highlight=Mackenzie+Cowell&page=24

Forty Eight Hours
48 Hours’ turns camera on Mackenzie Cowell case
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/48-hours-takeaway-secrets-of-the-river/

"Just me or have they convicted the wrong person for this probable victim of IK?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Recently Sentenced and Beyond
Reload this Page GUILTY WA-Chris Wilson chrg'd w/Murderof Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 #20

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116351&highlight=Mackenzie+Cowell&page=24

Forty Eight Hours
48 Hours’ turns camera on Mackenzie Cowell case
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/48-hours-takeaway-secrets-of-the-river/

It's not just you...

Israel Keyes (January 7, 1978 – December 2, 2012) was an American serial killer, rapist, arsonist, burglar and bank robber. Keyes admitted to violent crimes as early as 1996, with the violent sexual assault of a teenage girl in Oregon.[2] He committed a long series of rapes and murders until his capture in 2012.
Keyes served in the U.S. Army from 1998 through 2001 at Fort Lewis, Fort Hood, and in Egypt.
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/1997/jul/30/girls-body-offers-few-clues-in-double-killing-but/

Marlene Emerson(Mom), 29 & 12-year-old Cassie Emerson(Dau)
July 30, 1997 in City
Girl’s Body Offers Few Clues In Double Killing But Authorities Believe Same Person Killed Her, Mother In Stevens County
(Note: Colville WA is in Stephens County, WA)

<snipped - Read more>

The discovery of 12-year-old Cassie Emerson&#8217;s body so far has provided few clues into the double homicide that claimed her and her mother.

Authorities feared the girl had been kidnapped when her trailer home five miles south of Colville was destroyed by arson on June 27 and only the remains of her mother, Marlene Emerson, 29, were found.

Stevens County sheriff&#8217;s investigators still don&#8217;t know the cause of death for either victim, but believe they were killed by the same person.

Cassie Emerson was the second 12-year-old girl to be killed in the Colville area since March 1996, but Undersheriff Gilbert Geer said Emerson&#8217;s death doesn&#8217;t appear to be connected to that of Julie Harris.

Harris&#8217; body was found in April in a wooded area near Kettle Falls. Investigators have what they call a &#8220;person of interest&#8221; in the Harris case, but Geer said no one who rises to that level in Emerson case.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-27225842.html

MISSING GIRL'S REMAINS FOUND NEAR COLVILLE, WA

The Spokesman-Review (Spokane, WA)
April 29, 1997

The search for a 12-year-old Colville girl, presumed to have been murdered when she disappeared a year ago, ended Monday when her skeletal remains were identified.

Julie Harris was reported missing on March 3, 1996.

The case was classified a homicide when her purse and two artificial feet were found about a month later, near where the Colville River flows into Lake Roosevelt at Kettle Falls.

The girl's remains were discovered Saturday by children playing three miles southwest of Colville, in the vicinity of Haller Creek Road and Reidel Creek. A check of dental records confirmed the identification.

A thread was recently opened about this sad case in the Cold Case forum:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Albert-and-Joan-Musalo-Murdered-10-Years-Ago

LE has recently stated that they have male DNA and ballistics from this cold case, so surely if IK was involved there would have been a DNA match...?

Also, the bodies of this married couple, in their 70s, were found in their bedroom -- they were shot to death. I realize that the finding of bodies in the home would seem highly unusual for a Keyes case.

And yet...there are things about this murder that remind me a lot of the murder of Bill and Lorraine Currier in Vermont. I just wondered if MAYBE this could have been IK, trying to pull off something like he did with the Curriers but something went wrong and he was unable to complete his plans (removing them from their home, etc.).

LE has just recently publicly released that the phone lines at the Musalo home within a gated community were cut. IK cut the phone lines at the Currier's home, he said, to test for the presence of an alarm system.

LE has also recently stated that it is thought the killer of the Musalos may have done basically a blitz attack in the night -- pretty much exactly how IK described entering the Currier home and making his way (wearing a headlamp) within seconds to where he had surmised the master bedroom would be. (LE has said, though, that there was no sign of forced entry at the Musalo home.)

refresher on attack on the Curriers: http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...sf/2012/12/missing_vermont_couple_fought.html

For all of Keye's "trips", I have tried to look into the most likely missing person and work it out with the mileage and FBI timeline. This is what I came up with for his 2007 trip. Of course, this is pure speculation, with the little bit of information we have to work with, but here goes:

04/24/07 to 05./03/07

04/24: Lands in Oakland, CA. Drives North to Somona County (puts 1444 miles on car over entire trip and I believe I have the mileage worked out)

04/25: Abducts/kills John William Christianson:

http://www.nampn.org/cases/christianson_john_w.html

christianson_john_w.jpg

Above Images: Christianson, circa 2007
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: April 25, 2007 from Sonoma County, California

04/26. Stashes the body somewhere, heads South. Robs bank? Burns house? Meets with prostitutes? FBI timeline has him in Tijuana.

04/27: Heads North through San Diego, stays night in Kettleman City, CA

04/28: Stays night in Napa

04/30: Heads back to Tijuana

05/01: Rents a kayak in Healdsburg, CA (disposing of body?). Healdsburg is only 44 miles from Sonoma County. In the murders we know about, he went back for the bodies at a later date (well, he planned to with the Curriers).

05/01: Transaction in Calistoga, CA

05/03: Has a reservation in Santa Rosa, CA (where did he stay the 2nd?).

05/03: Leaves Oakland to Seattle, stays overnight. I assuming he put "souveniers" in a cache there. Rents a vehicle, puts 111 miles on it.

05/04: Heads back to Alaska

The only other likely victim I can see is Rebekah Bramel in OR, but the mileage doesn't work out. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bramel_rebekah.html

You just know he killed someone on this trip, you can see from his movements have "high" he was, how "amped up". Very similar to the way he described how he felt when he was in TX, in the audio tapes.

Let me know what you think.

made a mistake on the above timeline, not sure how to edit.

Healdsburg, CA is actually in Sonoma County.

John William Christianson's page is no longer on Charley's Project has he been found?

I'm with you that he almost for sure killed someone on that trip, and of known missing persons John Christianson is the most likely. If he has been found I wonder what the deal is. I did a quick search and couldn't find any information one way or the other.

I still don't understand how the mileage on that trip works though. If I'm reading the sequence correctly he went Oakland-->Tijuana-->Napa-->back to Tijuana-->back to Oakland, which if correct is WAY more than 1400 miles. It's more like 2000. I don't get it.

If you've reconciled the mileage somehow on that I'm very curious (I'm probably missing something obvious haha)

Also what's really wild is that just looking at the raw mileage and taking the known stops out of consideration, the mileage lines up almost exactly with Rebekah Bramel. Until the information came out about the Tijuana stops I was so sure he'd killed her.

I'm with you that he almost for sure killed someone on that trip, and of known missing persons John Christianson is the most likely. If he has been found I wonder what the deal is. I did a quick search and couldn't find any information one way or the other.

I still don't understand how the mileage on that trip works though. If I'm reading the sequence correctly he went Oakland-->Tijuana-->Napa-->back to Tijuana-->back to Oakland, which if correct is WAY more than 1400 miles. It's more like 2000. I don't get it.

If you've reconciled the mileage somehow on that I'm very curious (I'm probably missing something obvious haha)

Also what's really wild is that just looking at the raw mileage and taking the known stops out of consideration, the mileage lines up almost exactly with Rebekah Bramel. Until the information came out about the Tijuana stops I was so sure he'd killed her.

same here, I felt sure he killed Rebekah. I had worked out the milage on google maps a few months ago. I will possibly recheck it, but if I remember correctly, in all worked out. However, it's certainly possible that I miscalculated somewhere. It's also possible that he killed someone "not on paper", such as an immigrant, or even a transient prostitute.

Dub,
You've really got my wheels turning, I am going to have to go back through my calculations when I get a chance!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back