GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am from a city about 20 miles south of Canton. From what I know about this area, im betting this is not the work of "registered sex offender" but someone living in the complex (not on the lease) and is probably already in Mexico by now.

Vigil planned in Canton on Friday at 6:00pm. They want to line the streets along where she was found to the apartment complex.

CBS46 local news...

- family is devastated
- investigators interviewing residents
- no new strong leads or suspects

WSBTV...

- police canvassing apartment complex
- stopping drivers at entrance gate to question them as well as people walking around
- detectives using shovels made the gruesome discovery
- don't have a suspect, not focused on one person
- tip line has received hundreds of calls

WXIA...

- investigators believe she was killed inside the complex
- interviewed several people in the 350 unit complex
- stopped all cars between 5-7 pm, the time frame they believe Jorelys was abducted
- autopsy complete, results to be released at news conference at 10:30 am
- autopsy coincides with beaten and sexual assault

Fox5News local broadcast...

- autopsy completed, will release COD tomorrow
- she was brutally beaten
- investigators working through the night
- LE conducting road blocks to try and generate some kind of lead
- Jorelys was playing at play ground when she left and went across the parking lot to get drinks
- collected evidence at building next to where Jorelys lived
- put crime scene tape around basement door of building
- one of several locations in complex being look at as possible crime scene
- have conducted several interviews but no strong suspect
- investigators getting some evidence and tips

Thanks for the recap Peachy.
Not sure I have the heart to listen to the details of the autopsy.
icon9.gif

Thanks for the recap Peachy.
Not sure I have the heart to listen to the details of the autopsy.
icon9.gif

Mom went to court today, IIRC? Did she get custody of the siblings back?

YW!
I'm not sure if I can stomach the details either.

From earlier reports, her mother did go to court, but I haven't heard what the outcome was.

Back in the 70's there was a song by crosby, nash and young about student killings at OSU. The refrain of the song asked, "How many more?"
I ask the same thing about mindless crimes committed against children. Jorely, may she rest in peace. I will catch NG on TIVO later.

There is something extra sinister when crimes against children happen at Christmas time. imo

The news report that I posted says everyone has access to the trash bins. Someone here said that you needed a key to start the compacting. There are several trash bins in this complex which they searched each over the weekend, but the one Jorelys was found in, the compactor, needed to be removed by the manufacturer because they had to take the lid off to move it out into the open and search.

Let's hope LE learned early on who had access to that key.

Showing this on "Out Front" on CNN (which is usually MORE political, nice to see late night updates on missing children).

It was stated that there are several vacant apartments in and around this complex. They *might of found evidence in one of those apartments.

To be fair, and to play devil's advocate, we don't know that they haven't. That DFACS took the other two out of the home almost immediately (Friday?) tells me that mom might have had previous visits from DFACS. If that's the case, people around the complex may have called in anonymously.

I'm with you though. I'm furious and very sad.
All too often people fail to report out of fear of being found out/retaliation. I'm a mandatory/mandated reporter, and I do not hesitate to call in any kind of questionable activity, be it involving a child or be it possible drug activity or domestic abuse. I could not live with myself if I witnessed these types of things and didn't report.

Let's hope LE learned early on who had access to that key.

IMO looking to the people who had the ability to compact the trash is along the lines of looking to the garbage folks who empty the other dumpsters...there's no real connection there. As has been stated before, anyone had the ability to place things in the container...not just the people who could actually do the compacting.

Hope it is okay to post this. Here is the info for the other sex offender that lives in the complex.

Name EDGAR ODELL COLE III
Alias
Address 100 River Ridge Dr, CANTON, GA 30114
Offense(s) STATUTORY RAPE
Last Offense 1999-09-27
Ethnicity W
Gender M
DOB 1974
Height 5'07
Weight 120 POUNDS
Hair BRO

I don't know. I'm not seein' it. Statutory rape means the girl consented, but she wasn't of age to legally consent. This guy was 25, small stature and weight, and the girl was less than 18. I don't see this as a guy who would grab a 7 year old off the street and mutilate her.

I don't know. I'm not seein' it. Statutory rape means the girl consented, but she wasn't of age to legally consent. This guy was 25, small stature and weight, and the girl was less than 18. I don't see this as a guy who would grab a 7 year old off the street and mutilate her.

Do pedophiles only sexually abuse minor children? Do they ever cross over from one age group to another? General questions for anyone.

Do pedophiles only sexually abuse minor children? Do they ever cross over from one age group to another? General questions for anyone.

Maybe abusive behavior is all over the map. I don't tend to think so though.

When I see a man convicted of statutory rape, at the age of 25, that doesn't sound like a horrible crime to me. That sounds like an immature guy in a relationship with a teenage girl. At least with statutory rape, we know the girl consented, although she didn't have the legal ability to consent.

At the very least, that doesn't sound like a man who would snatch a innocent school girl from the sidewalk and mutilate her and then place her body into a dumpster.

Rules for posting Sex Offender information from Tricia:

RULES ON SEX OFFENDERS. WHAT YOU CAN AND CANNOT DO ON WEBSLEUTHS

It seems there is a legal consideration concerning whether we are allowed to bring information to Websleuths from the actual sex offender registry.

It is illegal to use the sex offender register information to harass anyone. We would never condone this at Websleuths.

It is not illegal (in my opinion) if when a child goes missing or is harmed we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim.

In every case we have local people reading and posting here. Therefore we are within the guidelines using this info for local information.

Again, we are not EVER going to even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting we do about a sex offender will always be within the law.

Statiscally (from what I remember reading) bunky the simple straightforward answer to your question would be no.

Pedophiles usually have a set preference in gender or even appearances of children they molest. Many times they have a set age range as well. ( say for example ages 2 to 5 or 8 to 13).

Yes they can from time to time change their fetish to include others that haven't been in their category of selection before but usually they are pretty fixed in their philia.

If a man/woman has a fetish for adolescent girls/boys (14-17 and above but teens) then that is called ephebophilia not pedophilia.

I agree about the statutory rape designation. I wish that they would edit out some of the RSO's and only include those that are a real danger to the public. Morally, I do have a problem with a 25 yr old having a 16 yr old girlfriend. But I don't think we all need to know where the guy is living. imoo

This case is going to be interesting to see if "this murder" has priors. We saw in the Brianna Rodriguez case as well as the Somer Thompson case; these guys didn't have priors to anything sexual or please stand me corrected? If this right, do we have to add in others to have a new profile? Crap...I hope not! LE has to spend enough time with-out a whole new profile & I think NG was wrong tonight given these two cases above, but I know that is the usual profile. Does the typical profile need to be reviewed???

I agree about the statutory rape designation. I wish that they would edit out some of the RSO's and only include those that are a real danger to the public. Morally, I do have a problem with a 25 yr old having a 16 yr old girlfriend. But I don't think we all need to know where the guy is living. imoo

I agree, that I wish they would edit some of the RSO's out. It seems there are a lot of RSO's who are no risk to anyone.

But, I really don't have a moral problem with 25 year olds with 16 year old consenting girls. I think through the ages - 6 thousand years or so of documented human history - this is pretty typical human behavior. Slightly older males attract slightly younger females, all who are of age to reproduce. Beyond puberty. It's not a great thing, but I don't think it should mark a man for life for this behavior, and cause him to be marked as an offender for4ever.

BUT I DON'T WANT TO DRAG THIS TOPIC OFF FOCUS. This is a small child here, a 7 year old who just recently cut her front teeth.

ANY sexual activity with her should be a felony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong