IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can find and watch the YouTube video where a woman videos herself walking across the bridge and shows the road below. The road is much closer to the bridge than you may think.

I possess an understanding depth perception. I've owned cell phones for decades. My granddaughter took this photo of Santa ornaments but you can still see what is beyond them. In this image, the edge of the purple sofa is 8' away from the Santa ornaments. The framed photograph is 13' from the ornaments. Can you see the top half of the French doll near the photograph? She's there even if you don't see her clearly.

Christmas Tree.jpg

HLN Primetime Justice did a interview with RL's attorney tonight. Was quizzed about the apparent "two different alibies" from RL given to their station reporters and other reporters. Mr. Achey "could not account for that at this time."

In one of the very early threads I think I remember that there was conflicting alibis by RL. He told one person he had been away from home for a medical procedure or a medical issue of some sort. Then, he told another person that he had been to purchase a fish and did not return until 6:30 pm on the 13th , at which time the searchers asked permission to go into his property to search for the missing girls. This alibi kerfluffle was mentioned a few times. I regret that I am using an internet provider with speeds in the negative category :-/ Thus, I am unable to search and retrieve old links, quotes, etc. I apologize for any inconvenience. IMOHO.

I am hoping to understand something and to learn about this site so that I can be a positive contributor. Am I wrong, or has there been a sweeping sentiment that no matter what develops, RL deserves sympathy? I do not understand why whenever someone puts forward a theory or observation, or a new way of looking at the evidence---while adhering to the TOS of this site completely---someone inevitably posts something saying, "well, I would do that" or "I have a ruddy face" or "how can you say that?". I mean, please....when people comment that he is an alcoholic...several people jump into action saying "maybe he just enjoys a beer" or "I would drink, too, if bodies were found on my property", or various other minimizations of the reality of this man's habitual substance abuse. I'm new here. This is the first case that I've been following. Is this typical ?

I know a lot of people have already commented on your questions. I will add that many posts get removed when they are somewhat rude or accusatory towards RL. The thread was shut down for a while to clean up and remove offensive posts. IMO if one is able to state their dislikes or observations in a respectable way, there would be more of those types of posts.
I have no opinion of RL (fence sitter and full time lurker) but I have been following closely. Again, IMO and this is what WS is all about.

RL says some outlandish things.

I am a big guy. I've been involved in Track and Field and trials where you basically run with an 80lb bag (past tense).

RL: "They had to walk. You couldn't carry them in a million years, or drag them, or drop them off."

You couldn't drag them? Rubbish!

Follow me here, I think RL may have desired the notoriety that the Murders took place on his property!

His friend wanted to push the same point in the few words he said (they couldn't have been moved there).

RL also offered up they may have been hiking with someone they knew.

You ever drag a dressed out, 125 lb dear thru thickets, briars, over and around dead trees....in the dark? I have and would consider myself at 49, in much better shape that RL.

It's not an easy task.

I'm not sure. I think we have a one dimensional view of RL via staged interviews with reporters and entertainment sites. He's become everyone's grandpa who has been duped. IMO

IMO, he's already benefited from being everyone's grandpa due to what seems to be a slap on the wrist for two -- or is it three? -- drunk driving convictions. I know several Indiana people who didn't get away with probation and a suspended license (and a nominal court fee) for one conviction. Or who counted themselves lucky to make a 4-hour-RT every week to work off jail time in weekend increments -- at least they could work their M-F jobs. I didn't over sympathize with them and can't work up too much sympathy for RL sitting in jail for violating a probation that IMHO was a gift from the court.

I have occasion to drive in that area and don't appreciate knowing that habitual offenders like RL may be drinking and driving on a suspended license while sharing country roads with me. I don't wish that upon anyone. Even if the habitual offender resembles a soused and beardless Santa.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. JMO.

My Opinion Only, Of Course.

Please let me wake up to good news tomorrow morning. A confession, an arrest, a LE update, LE press conference with positive news of any kind.

I don't know... It's possible. But I can say with certainty that even if I had no knowledge whatsoever of a crime like this, and the police questioned me, I'd be nervous as hell! Especially if it happened on my property. When I get that nervous I say some weird things. I get so flustered. So could be either, both or neither. Just another perspective.

Add to that the camera and knowledge it will be on nationwide TV.

So, out of curiosity. I Searched for missing girls on the missing children's website in Indiana.. Holy smokes so many girls missing from all overt Indiana age 13_17..what if he's a serial killer and targets going girls and is making his way around. It's a girl missing every month from sept oct nov dec jan feb march.... It's unreal....could go farther back...

I'm curious how a man so drunk that he blacked out could possibly walk across that bridge without falling off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Continued drinking. I have a theory of accidently killing one & panicking. Trying to cover up, again in a panic & drinking to a state of blackout after the fact. I don't believe if it was RL it was premeditated. Some kind of escalation fueled by booze, IMO.

I am hoping to understand something and to learn about this site so that I can be a positive contributor. Am I wrong, or has there been a sweeping sentiment that no matter what develops, RL deserves sympathy? I do not understand why whenever someone puts forward a theory or observation, or a new way of looking at the evidence---while adhering to the TOS of this site completely---someone inevitably posts something saying, "well, I would do that" or "I have a ruddy face" or "how can you say that?". I mean, please....when people comment that he is an alcoholic...several people jump into action saying "maybe he just enjoys a beer" or "I would drink, too, if bodies were found on my property", or various other minimizations of the reality of this man's habitual substance abuse. I'm new here. This is the first case that I've been following. Is this typical ?

I don't know what anyone else's reasons are, but I always try to err on the side of caution. Unless and until someone has been named a suspect, I'll sleuth them, but seldom accuse them directly or indirectly of any kind of invovlement in a crime. I could make a case against several different people, but that doesn't mean that I should. If I think I have any kind of actual evidence, I call it in. If I don't, I try my best to stick to working with facts that have been officially revealed. I know it's not my place to tell others what they can post, but I know that you can't take back something you say online (you can delete it, but the odds are that someone somewhere copied it), and I don't want any part of making an innocent person's life miserable. I think I tend to hang on to the fence too long at times and drive some people crazy, but I believe in "better safe than sorry." MOO

Again - we are talking about the FBI, Homeland Security, the very best groups of people - in the world that are/have been working on this case! And they know that everyone is watching them. I'm sorry, maybe I'm blind, but I have total faith in the fact that these people are MUCH better at this than we are! And I don't think they are not giving this the absolute best they can (look at their faces at the first press conference!)

Agreed! I still get a sense of urgency from all involved. They also continue to pull federal, state and local reinforcements. The article below is originally dated March 8 but ran in the south Lake County edition of the NWI Times this past Friday, March 17:

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_bf7ab9e4-c98b-56b0-a06c-67d15d75f715.html

Federal, state and local police agencies have come to the aid of the small community of Delphi, which [Portage Assistant Police Chief Uzelac said is best described as just south of the Indiana Beach amusement park and resort.

In addition to Portage and Valparaiso, other local agencies lending a hand include the Lake County Sheriff’s Department, the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department, and the Gary, Hammond and Hobart police departments, said Bob Ramsey, supervisory special agent for the FBI’s GRIT [Gang Response Investigative Team] Task Force.

The local officers, who serve on several federal task forces, have been rotating in for a day or two to assist with the large number of leads the case has generated, Ramsey said. The officers began assisting shortly after the homicides, he said. .... "[A loaned officer] is going to be there as long as they need assistance from her," said Valparaiso Police Sgt. Mike Grennes.

Or, he is saying "the girls" and it is sounding like "vi-girls". I do not hear any pause that would indicate he has suddenly caught himself saying "victim", which I would expect if that were the case. I think its more of an audio anomaly rather than a slip up. Jmo.

ETA: Okay, I rewatched it and now I can see a little pause and his eyes shift a little. Still think it probably means nothing to the case, but I definitely see it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I thought he said, "the girls". I just can't hear the beginning of "victims" and I've listened to it several times. I guess it's kind of like the cars under the bridge, or not. Or the hat, or hood, or hair or whatever the heck it is, on BG's head.

Regarding that last bit, I can't imagine BG not wearing something over his head to disguise himself somewhat. So I do believe he must be wearing a cap, or a hood, or both. Also, didn't LE state he was wearing a cap? I'm not going back to look because I'm already going cross-eyed from looking at grainy photos that are starting to look like nothing more than some kind of bizarre Rorschach ink blots. So, retiring for the evening and praying for some news tomorrow.

IMO, he's already benefited from being everyone's grandpa due to what seems to be a slap on the wrist for two -- or is it three? -- drunk driving convictions. I know several Indiana people who didn't get away with probation and a suspended license (and a nominal court fee) for one conviction. Or who counted themselves lucky to make a 4-hour-RT every week to work off jail time in weekend increments -- at least they could work their M-F jobs. I didn't over sympathize with them and can't work up too much sympathy for RL sitting in jail for violating a probation that IMHO was a gift from the court.

I have occasion to drive in that area and don't appreciate knowing that habitual offenders like RL may be drinking and driving on a suspended license while sharing country roads with me. I don't wish that upon anyone. Even if the habitual offender resembles a soused and beardless Santa.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. JMO.

My Opinion Only, Of Course.
I agree! There is a severe problem with alcohol - as per the courts. People keep forgetting that.

143942135707a94c579d3afa696bb7b9.jpg

Swear I can see his eyes here. Very close set.
If this is RL..I will be going to get my eyesight checked asap

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

You ever drag a dressed out, 125 lb dear thru thickets, briars, over and around dead trees....in the dark? I have and would consider myself at 49, in much better shape that RL.

You missed my point. I'm not saying he's the Perp.

I'm saying, his words ( and tons of interviews) can be seen as his desire to stake the claim that the Murder happened on his property.

For Notoriety? Profit?

This was a day or two after it happened, how did he know it wasn't two men? Police were saying Guy or Guys.

Bodies can be dragged. 350lb bears are dragged by two men routinely in Maine, in Mountainous areas and Lowlands.

-

So, out of curiosity. I Searched for missing girls on the missing children's website in Indiana.. Holy smokes so many girls missing from all overt Indiana age 13_17..what if he's a serial killer and targets going girls and is making his way around. It's a girl missing every month from sept oct nov dec jan feb march.... It's unreal....could go farther back...
Oh my goodness! This is just horrible! Have mercy!

Sorry if this has been said before and for my horrible illustration. I've been trying to play catch up but this is one fast moving thread!!

Anyways, when I see this photo of BG I can't help but feel like the bill of his hat is bended A L OT. That makes me think this person is much younger than RL.

attachment.php

How does that make a person in the picture younger? I'm not following.

With his hands in his pockets! Didn't happen, in my opinion

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
Dont forget hes carrying a bag of booze also. Possibly smoking.
Quite a feat for someone even half his age

Dont forget hes carrying a bag of booze also. Possibly smoking.
Quite a feat for someone even half his age

Did he police say definitively that this man on the bridge is responsible for the murders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member