CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
That just struck a note with me. I have had two friends in the past who have shared stories with me of what they refer to as "rape" when they were younger...

One friend told the story of how her parents went out of town and her older brother had a party at their house. One of his friends snuck upstairs and raped her in her bed. She said she didn't tell her parents for quite a while as she was afraid, but when her behavior and grades dropped, they confronted her and she finally told.

The second friend just recently told me a story about when she was 14. It was also a situation involving a friend of her older brothers, but it was on more than one occasion. She never told anyone.

So I think it is totally reasonable that this could be a similar situation involving a friend of her brothers....but in all three cases here, they were ALL CRIMINAL ACTS.

I think there are a lot of assumptions going on that Kayleah consented to the sexual assaults. Thanks, Kent, for pointing out, that it may not have been at all. We just don't know, and Kayleah's never going to be able to tell us what happened from her standpoint :(

May 24, 2010 12:36 PM

kay_xl_370x278.jpg

Bringing this sweet face to the front.

Several posters have mentioned wanting to know more about RM's background. I'd like to know more too. Not in any way to sleuth his family - they must be horrified right now, and certainly have enough to deal with. But just to know, in general, what his family structure is, and has been, his history with school etc.

Seems so far, very little is known about him.

Remembering Kayleah Wilson at memorial service today
Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Love and hope. In the uncertain times following the discovery of 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson's body, Pastor Arron Chambers of Journey Christian Church knows that the community needs to hold on to the things that are certain.

“Kayleah was a very loving person and the love of this community has come through,” Chambers said. “We need to pray for her family and pray for justice, that the FBI and the police will be able to find whoever did this.”

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100525/NEWS/100529794/1051&ParentProfile=1001

Dear child, It's not your fault that you got mixed up in this, but you no doubt felt all the guilt. Those around you have failed you and you were placed in harm's way by the very makeup of your family. There are so many things you couldn't know. Having to hide what's going on and please everyone is a tall order. It seemed like a good way to be somebody, and instead it led to your undoing. You are loved and you will be remembered for the sweetness of your spirit. Bless you, Kayleah, as we mourn for you.

I always appreciate having both sides of the debate presented and hearing the rationale for why each side believes whatever they support. In this case, I can totally support anyone who wants to argue that this young man is innocent of the charges against him until it is proven in court or he confesses his guilt. HOWEVER, I have great difficulty with any attempt to "prove" through theory or twist of logic that "yes, he did have an intimate relationship with a 12 year old child, but that's ok because it's just a social hang-up that anyone would think it is wrong to do so".

BTW, do we know KW's date of birth? Was she even 12 at the time of the October charges, or was she just 11 at that time?

jmoo

I believe her birthday is June 25th. I wanted to attend the memorial today but I don't think I can keep myself together this one has taken a deep hold in my heart so I am going to stay home with my 4 year old grand daughter and pray during the service and plant a little memorial garden for Kayleah and my sister today. Hoping they have more when Robert goes to court today so we know more. Praying for April and family as they celebrate this dear child's life that was taken much to soon. JUSTICE for you sweet girl, I am so sorry someone did this to you, we tried so hard to find you and to know you were so close breaks my heart. RIP I ask my sis to hold you close and give you a big hug for me. I will carry your smile in my heart forever sweet girl.

I always appreciate having both sides of the debate presented and hearing the rationale for why each side believes whatever they support. In this case, I can totally support anyone who wants to argue that this young man is innocent of the charges against him until it is proven in court or he confesses his guilt. HOWEVER, I have great difficulty with any attempt to "prove" through theory or twist of logic that "yes, he did have an intimate relationship with a 12 year old child, but that's ok because it's just a social hang-up that anyone would think it is wrong to do so".

BTW, do we know KW's date of birth? Was she even 12 at the time of the October charges, or was she just 11 at that time?

jmoo

bbm

Kayleah Janelle Wilson was born June 25, 1997

http://www.legacy.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Kayleah-Wilson&lc=4184&mid=4261238

An 18-year-old Colorado man accused of having sex with a girl who has since been found dead in an irrigation ditch is due back in court next month.

A judge on Tuesday delayed a bond hearing for Robert Laurencio Montoya. Montoya was in court on charges including sexual assault for allegedly having a sexual relationship with 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson.

Wilson was missing for seven weeks before her body was discovered last week. Police say Montoya is not a suspect in Kayleah's disappearance and death, but had a sexual relationship with her before she vanished.

Montoya appeared in court wearing a prison jumpsuit. A judge delayed the bond reduction hearing to June 15.

Kayleah's family planned a public memorial Tuesday afternoon.
http://www.kdvr.com/news/sns-ap-co--missinggirl-colorado,0,7088514.story

A Weld County judge on Tuesday waived a motion to reduce bail for an 18-year-old Colorado man arrested for allegedly having sex with a girl who went missing for seven weeks.
adlabel_horz.gif

Robert Laurencio Montoya faces felony charges including sexual assault for allegedly having an ongoing sexual relationship with 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson. He remains in custody on $100,000 bail.
The shaggy-haired Montoya appeared in court for the brief two-minute appearance, clad in an orange jail-issued jumpsuit. No family members appeared to be present at the hearing.
Police say Montoya is not a suspect in the disappearance and death of Kayleah, who was last seen March 28. Kayleah's body was recovered Wednesday from an irrigation ditch about a half-mile from her house.
In a statement, Kayleah's mother says she had stopped the relationship in February when the mother learned about it.
Montoya's lawyer, a public defender, did not comment following the hearing. The judge scheduled Montoya's next court appearance for June 15.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=139647&catid=339

Robert Laurencio Montoya appeared in Weld District Court Tuesday with chief public defender Kevin Strobel, who asked that a planned bond reduction hearing be canceled while he waits for the volumes of paperwork in the investigation.

snip

Kayleah's mother, April Wilson, did not attend Montoya's hearing on Tuesday, but relayed to Weld Deputy District Attorney Anthony Peer that she was opposed to any reduction of Montoya's bond. In previous reports, Wilson, has reported she had tried to put an end to her daughter's relationship with Montoya.

Montoya was a student at Greeley West High School from January 2008 to August 2009, but he is not currently enrolled. District 6 officials declined to release other information about him, citing student privacy laws.

Rumors of Kayleah's possible pregnancy have been coming up in the case, but police have yet to say they can confirm those stories.

snip

As the law pertains to this case, the alleged sexual relations between Kayleah and Montoya were illegal because she was below the age of consent, which is 15, and Montoya was more than five years her senior. The second charge of sexual assault on a child as a pattern of abuse was added in this case because authorities believe the acts took place over a period of time.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100525/NEWS/100529788/1051&ParentProfile=1001

Robert Laurencio Montoya appeared in Weld District Court Tuesday with chief public defender Kevin Strobel, who asked that a planned bond reduction hearing be canceled while he waits for the volumes of paperwork in the investigation.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100525/NEWS/100529788/1051&ParentProfile=1001

If Montoya has a public defender, this is good! Regardless of what they are portrayed as, public defenders are employed by the county and work for the county and their assignment is to rush the cases through as fast as they can so the county makes more money off the fines and doesn't get clogged up with casses. Their main goal is to get the clients to plead no contest to the charges.

A public defender who repeatedly ties the court up with lengthy trials won't have a job long!

(This is just my opinion, one that I arrived at by reviewing thousands of cases filed in Butte County, California which are available online for viewing and research.)

If Montoya has a public defender, this is good! Regardless of what they are portrayed as, public defenders are employed by the county and work for the county and their assignment is to rush the cases through as fast as they can so the county makes more money off the fines and doesn't get clogged up with casses. Their main goal is to get the clients to plead no contest to the charges.

A public defender who repeatedly ties the court up with lengthy trials won't have a job long!

(This is just my opinion, one that I arrived at by reviewing thousands of cases filed in Butte County, California which are available online for viewing and research.)

In my experiences with family members, public defenders do just as good of a job as any other attorney, if not better. They are overworked, but they do a good job, IMO. In fact, there are certain other defendants in criminal cases that we are following here on WS who would be better served by a public defender, rather than a wannabe big shot lawyer (or a legend in his own mind, yes, I am thinking of Jose Baez!). JMO, IMO, and all other disclaimers.

I think it's only going to be a few days or weeks before Montoya is charged with Kayleah's murder. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth