WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rhyno, Now that was sweet having coldcaseman show up so soon. LOL Gives a good solid feeling to me about who he is and what he does. YaYa

Well blow me over, I have looked at so many possibles for Lyle and this is the closest I have seen too! Actually amazing. Many things are quite close on his info page.

I don't see an earlobe on that right ear of his. But I was surprised that if he doesn't have them they would leave that off his info sheet.

There is one thing that is very unique about Lyle that I almost never see. It is the special shape of his chin. It has to be a heredity issue with some grouping or nationality of people. This new prospect seems to have that chin, although the photo is quite small for this ooooold lady. LOL

But we can't forget that he had recently lost quite a bit of weight. The photo of this new man on the right, he looks heavier in that photo. Is the photo on the left in death? He has the same blank round eyed look that Lyle does in his eyes.

Missoula isn't too far from the Olympic Penninsula.

It is the best possibility I have seen.

Big Hugs to all you diehards. I luv you all xox

Yes we are very fortunate to have Coldcaseman here. I think his dedication is inspiring to all of us to never give up.

I definately see the resemblance as well. The main thing that makes me think it is not him is no mention of the appendectomy scar and the difference in height. It would be nice to have more info on John Depatie.

Its funny how you mention the pic on the left. The same thing crossed my mind when I looked at it. I am not sure if you checked out his Myspace page or not, but there are a few more photos. There is a link to it a few posts back.

Take Care.

The "unibrow" is pretty distinct with Lyle.

Agreed.

In Depatie's photo taken in 2001 (same year he went missing a month before Lyle), you can clearly see the eyebrows are much thinner and no sign of a unibrow. This is the first thing that stands out to me. Next is the obvious height differences between 5' 10" of Depatie and 6' 2" of Lyle. The shapes of the eyes and width are off, too.

The photograph is ca. 2001 but is undated. (Almost?) all Doe Network photos are dated circa the year they went missing, to distinguish from age progressions, even when several photos show big changes in age and style of the missing person. The photo could be

Also it would be unusual but a man could pluck his eyebrows - he wouldn't need to gain a monobrow so much as cease to control it. I don't know how long it would take for a monobrow to come back but could a month on the road do it?

The 4" height difference is more of a concern but it could be a data recording error. 140lbs is way thin at that height though - so I am somewhat skeptical, especially as Lyle had 36" waist jeans (hence the implication of losing a lot of weight?). A long-legged man of 5'10" could be a 36/34 at 160 though, like Jonathan.

I think we can safely rule out Depatie as Lyle, imo.

I think he's unlikely, but possible.

I like Jonathan because of the jaw, the time scale, the location (the motel address in Meridian would be a fairly easy starting point if he wanted to hit the road from Missoula).

I certainly have no issue with the possibility of Hispanic heritage in either, none or both of these men as Teresa has raised - Doe itself says that Lyle could be Hispanic. Jonathan could be or his MySpace could have been set up by a Hispanic friend - MySpace wasn't founded until 2003, 2 years after Jonathan's disappearance. I also think that Lyle Stevik is quite a cultured choice of alias - something that would suit a mature student, perhaps.

I don't like him because of the height or age (although Lyle looks older and Jonathan younger than the ages given). The monobrow thing is a concern but also the fact that although Jonathan has one eyebrow highher than the other, this effect is much more pronounced on the "Lyle" reconstruction (although this could be an artist's exaggeration). The eyes thing comes down to the skill of the artist but there is a difference.

The reconstruction is based right off of the morgue photo. I think Lyle's eyebrows are how they are is due to the autopsy when CCM opened his eyes to make him appear more lifelike

I did some researching on google for aboriginals and circumcision and aboriginal circumcision seems to mostly be common with Australian Aborigines

I have a question: Is it possible to determine when someone has gotten a circumcision?
No, although it is most commonly performed on newborns. Also, circumcision is not solely a Jewish procedure.

No, although it is most commonly performed on newborns. Also, circumcision is not solely a Jewish procedure.

Thanks. That answered my question- saves me having to find a medical forum to post that question.

I know that circumcision is not strictly a Jewish custom. My brain tends to have a mind of its own sometimes

COLDCASEMAN:

Please search for Manizak on the Doe Network. I think this is him with facial hair, and heavier. He was traveling in the same parts of the country. Meridian, ID is only 2 hours away from Twin Falls, ID. Also, he was traveling to Newport, OR, 5 hours away from Greys Harbor. Maybe worth checking with his family, tracking his disability checks, or finding out about insulin purchases during the time of his death. Would the ME be able to tell if someone is diabetic? Maybe he stopped using insulin. They don't mention and apendectomy scar but note a spider bite scar on one of his legs. Anyway, let me know what you think.

The Doe Network:
Case File 1262DMCA

Thomas Edward Manizak
Missing since July 30, 1999 from Lassen County, California
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: January 2, 1971
Age at Time of Disappearance: 28 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'0-6'1"; 150-160 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; green/hazel eyes. May have a goatee and a full beard.
Marks, Scars: Spider bite scar on unknown leg.
AKA: Rumplestilskin
Medical: Diabetic, needs two insulin shots each day.
Dentals: Not available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Manizak is on disability due to diabetes and loves to travel in his van throughout the United States.
He is very friendly and often picks up hitchhikers.
He would camp out each night, somewhere off a highway, prefering dirt roads among the trees. He had camping equipment with him.
Because of his diabetis, he would renew his insulin supplies at clinics in the towns he traveled through. He did not care properly for his diabetes, and may have slipped into a diabetic coma.
He always called home to his mother at least twice weekly so that she would not worry, and was very close to his mother. He was living with her in California, every few months, when he was not on the road. He was last heard from at a truck stop just east of Twin Falls, Idaho, and was headed for Newport, Oregon.
He was driving a 1970 Ford van, copper brown color, with California License #87647D.
he has not claimed his disability checks, or used his medical card for diabetic supplies.
He may be in Idaho, Oregon or Montana.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Lassen County Sheriff's Office
530-257-6121
Email

Agency Case Number: 2701799

I don't think Manizak looks at all like Lyle. The shape of their faces are completely different. I also don't think Manizak would have gotten a room to commit suicide. He more than likely would have done it in his van. That's probably what happened to him. He died in his van some place because of his diabetes.

I don't think Manizak looks at all like Lyle. The shape of their faces are completely different. I also don't think Manizak would have gotten a room to commit suicide. He more than likely would have done it in his van. That's probably what happened to him. He died in his van some place because of his diabetes.

On the side, if Lyle had diabetes, it would have been found since they didn't find him to have any illness at the time of his death

Ok, how about this one?

The Doe Network:
Case File 1331DMNSW

Lane, circa 1995

Chris John Lane
Missing since October 12, 1995 from the Coogee area, New South Wales, Australia.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: Feburary 25, 1974
Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 178 cm
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; hazel eyes. Thin build. Olive complexion.

Chris was last seen on October 12, 1995. He had been living in the Coogee area. At the time of his disappearance Chris had been attending the University Of NSW, where he had been studying philosophy.

Investigators

Randwick Police Station
02 9697 1099

Source Information:
New South Wales Police
NSW Police

Return to the Unexplained Disappearances' Index

The eye brow/mono-brow on Manizak is a good match to Lyle.

Also, I am trying to find out more--but from what I can tell initially--diabetes seems difficult to detect during an autopsy--especially in younger folks who are not old enough to have developed some of the side effects that are more obvious, such as heart disease and circulatory issues.

Depatie looks like Lyle more than any other picture I have seen but Manizak has a lot of commonalities.

take a close look at manizak's nose. it's identical to lyle's. i would like to see more pics of manizak. without the beard would be nice.

Ok, how about this one?

The Doe Network:
Case File 1331DMNSW

Lane, circa 1995

Chris John Lane
Missing since October 12, 1995 from the Coogee area, New South Wales, Australia.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: Feburary 25, 1974
Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 178 cm
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; hazel eyes. Thin build. Olive complexion.

Chris was last seen on October 12, 1995. He had been living in the Coogee area. At the time of his disappearance Chris had been attending the University Of NSW, where he had been studying philosophy.

Investigators

Randwick Police Station
02 9697 1099

Source Information:
New South Wales Police
NSW Police

Return to the Unexplained Disappearances' Index

That was partially ruled out on a DNA inconsistency- There was no DNA sample for Chris Lane, so it was provided by his brother. The DNA from Lane's brother was Mitochondrial DNA, "Lyle Stevik" had Nuclear DNA. Also the Chris Lane investigation have no dental or fingerprint records

I did a search and it appears that this man has not been presented as a possible match to Lyle, so if he has been, I apologize in advance. I was searching for someone else and ran across him. His height is several inches off from Lyle's, but I do wander how accurate heights are on adults, as they are generally not measured as often as children. He has similar brows, and appears to have a cleft in his chin. He does have MS, would that have been easily identified after death? There is reason to believe he was murdered, but no solid proof, and he was depressed at the time of his disappearance:

Curtis Pishon-
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pishon_curtis.html

On this site, he looks so much like the autopsy photo, especially in the MP in Korea picture--definitely a cleft!

http://www.findcurt.com/

What do you mean cleft? I don't think either of them look like they have a cleft palate.

can i post a photo comparison of depatie and lyle i did? i'm not sure if you are allowed to post the autopsy photo of lyle. let me know because it is very interesting. i resized lyle's autopsy photo close to the myspace phote of depatie (wearing the tux). then i drew straight lines from specific points on the face between the two. from what i see, i think they are the same person. by the way, maybe he plucked or waxed his eyebrows before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member