TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I got confused on too. I'm guessing mom could probably tell which it was. She would probably know more that BF on which shoes were missing. Unless she had tons. (I'm mobile so excuse errors)

As I recall, I believe mom's friend who posts here stated that originally they thought she was wearing sneakers and later determined that she was wearing flip flops. I believe that the original poster, the one with the sneakers, was created by a poster here and based on the original description, but probably did not get updated with flip flops instead of sneakers.

Is there a reason we are stuck on what shoes she was wearing, besides wanting correct info? I'm confused...is it simply because there are two versions?

Is there a reason we are stuck on what shoes she was wearing, besides wanting correct info? I'm confused...is it simply because there are two versions?

I just wanted to make sure I has it right so I could give the right info to others. I have several friends leaving for tx this weekend.

Possibly clu. I think others were concerned because they feel it too cold for a teen to be running around in flip flops in December and that is maybe making people think that she was not planning on being gone long, same with the short sleeve shirt.

I honestly don't think her attire is all that strange and something to be concerned about.

Yes, mostly we want to nail down the most accurate description. But I'm also concerned because if she was wearing flip-flops, it would be much more difficult to flee an attacker, abductor or assailant.

Possibly clu. I think others were concerned because they feel it too cold for a teen to be running around in flip flops in December and that is maybe making people think that she was not planning on being gone long, same with the short sleeve shirt.

I honestly don't think her attire is all that strange and something to be concerned about.

Now, understand that it has been an unusually mild winter so far here in West Texas. My daughter, 13, would and has gone outside many times in flip flops and/or shorts, etc. the past couple of weeks. It was 85 here the other day. Granted, in Colorado City that day it was more like the mid-50's, but it's not unusual to have a 40 degree shift in temperature here during the day. BTW, the day it was 85, we broke a 102 year old record.

There was an article in mainstream media just yesterday, MSNBC I think, about how it is "cool" for kids to dress June in January...

Her attire for the day isn't strange to me unless she was honestly planning on "running away". I can't imagine that she would plan to run away with only the clothes on her back.

Has it been posted anywhere whether or not she did have her ipod with her?

Her attire for the day isn't strange to me unless she was honestly planning on "running away". I can't imagine that she would plan to run away with only the clothes on her back.

Has it been posted anywhere whether or not she did have her ipod with her?

I don't recall having seen anything that says definitively that she had her ipod with her.

Thanks, I know! lol

I have daughters, am a single mom..dad lives 1,000 miles away. I have a no dating policy in (from)my house... has worked well.
My BF who lives in his own home NEVER comes to my house when I am not home and if I need to get up and leave in the middle of dinner he gets up and leaves too.

You are very wise...:smile:

Holy crap! $25,000! :woohoo:

Okay... does Hailey have an IPOD or an IPAD. I have seen both and the two are pretty different!

Thanks, I know! lol

I have daughters, am a single mom..dad lives 1,000 miles away. I have a no dating policy in (from)my house... has worked well.
My BF who lives in his own home NEVER comes to my house when I am not home and if I need to get up and leave in the middle of dinner he gets up and leaves too.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I noticed something that I wanted to put out there.

Let me be very clear first.

I do not think that Hailey's mother Billie had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance, whatsoever

I have noticed on Nancy especially, that she is saying things like:

"It wasn't rare for Hailey to walk a short distance during daylight."

"She wasn't allowed out after dark especially to walk..."

"No, she didn't have her own cell phone..."

The things like "she didn't take anything with her..." make sense. That was a one time event so it is past tense.

On the others I would say:

"It isn't rare for Hailey to walk a short distance..."

"She isn't allowed out after dark..."

"She doesn't have her own cell phone..."

Because those are not past tense if Hailey comes home safely, they will all still apply.

Again, I do NOT think this means that Billie has any guilty knowledge of her daughter's disappearance. There are other times when she uses present tense... "She's a wonderful girl. She has a little attitude sometimes, but not a bad kid."

What I am wondering is if she has a mother's intuition that is showing through without her intending for it to.

Many mothers say they knew immediately their child was gone, they could feel it. I wonder if Billie feels that way but is struggling to remain in denial until there is proof. The denial may be what is keeping her going, clinging to the hope that her intuition is wrong and Hailey will come home. But every once in a while she slips into the past tense because deep down it's what she believes... because she knows her daughter.

I see more than just exhausted in Billie's eyes and it breaks my heart. I do wonder what she believes deep down.

I'm probably just over analyzing... but I thought I'd put it out there before the past tense got brought up.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/03/ng.01.html

http://kvmckaum.blogspot.com/2011/01/hailey-dunn-case-now-missing-persons.html

Hi Ms. Facetious! Thanks for your above analysis{and IMO I don't think you are OVER-analyzing}..when we have so very little to go on we can't do anything but to continue to analyze the little that we have from every angle possible..

Back to your analysis and possible meanings.. With Billie's gut instincts as a mother that you spoke of...IMO that is EXACTLY what is happening with this poor woman.. I know that I HAVE heard her in more than one interview where she states that she is so hoping that Hailey did run away.. and I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND HER VERY MUCH CLINGING TO THIS HOPE THAT HAILEY HAS CHOSEN TO RUNAWAY... IMO because that is the only scenario that as a mom you can be the most assured in the present situation that your child would be the safest and most likely not in harm's way..IYKWIM

Any other scenario would mean your child was taken against her will and the endless and torturous of scenarios that would play thru a mom's head night and day, 24/7, would be almost unbearable, literally TOO MUCH for a human being to bear when speaking of a momma's love for her child..

So, I definitely believe that you are spot on with your analysis becasue as much as Billie is trying her hardest to make herself cling to the notion of Hailey running away, I do however believe that her sub conscience and gut instincts are coming thru in ways that she is not even consciously aware of..

I feel for this woman..TERRIBLY..I FEEL HER PAIN THRU THE VIDEO AND AUDIO..I SEE THE PAIN WRITTEN ALL OVER HER FACE AND IN HER BODY LANGUAGE.. I think inside the torture is almost truly unbearable for her and IF{and I emphasize the "IF"}she possibly haS/has had a gut instinct or even flashes of feelings that even question for a millisecond that BF could even possibly be somehow involved... THIS WOULD COMPOUND THIS WOMAN'S PAIN, ANGUISH, GUILT, ANGER, ETC, ETC 10 FOLD...

It appears from posts on the more recent MS page that he and Billie got together sometime between 11/8/2009 (when he posts about waiting on another woman) and 1/13/10 (when he first mentions Billie by name), though I think it is closer to 12/11/09 (when he states that he is hanging with his babe)

One update on 12/30/09 is that he is waiting on hardcore to get there and his mood is ecstatic. Things that make you go hmmmm.....

So many keep asking about her phone...Her mom has the only cell phone, I don't even think they have a land-line. Mom leaves her cell at home for the kids to use when she is at work. The phone is still in Mom's possession, Haley did not take a phone with her if she ever left at all.

Hayley does not have her own phone. If she ever had one in the past, doesn't matter, she does not have one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member